reesy

Dallas, TX

#618695 Apr 21, 2013
Why don't you ask god to prove his existence to you. Remember when we communicate in spirit it is through our emotions so you might not ''see'' anything you will feel god though. Also he will let himself known to you only if you have an open heart and mind and let him know you want him in your life.remember we have free will.Another really good suggestion for you if you struggle with religion. Separate God from it. plain and simple . I promise god wouldn't mind one bit. In fact the only important thing is that You have a relationship with god . Religion or not. God Bless You and keep searching for answers we all have a spiritual path to follow :)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#618696 Apr 21, 2013
reesy wrote:
Why don't you ask god to prove his existence to you. Remember when we communicate in spirit it is through our emotions so you might not ''see'' anything you will feel god though. Also he will let himself known to you only if you have an open heart and mind and let him know you want him in your life.remember we have free will.Another really good suggestion for you if you struggle with religion. Separate God from it. plain and simple . I promise god wouldn't mind one bit. In fact the only important thing is that You have a relationship with god . Religion or not. God Bless You and keep searching for answers we all have a spiritual path to follow :)
And what do you say to those atheists who have already done what you suggest and felt nothing?

That is the reason why many are atheists in the first place...

(here's hoping you're not one of those people who will say - without even knowing - that they didn't really open their hearts when they reached out to god...)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#618697 Apr 21, 2013
reesy wrote:
Dear God

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Location hidden

#618698 Apr 21, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying, but all that a human being experiences is processed through our brains, whether that be touch, audio, sight, dreams, visions, feelings, God. We take in info through our various senses and nerves, the impulses travel to the brain, if they don';t originate there, and the brain interprets them. So regardless, IMO, as to how one perceives or sees God, it is his own brain that is deciphering that information.
Yes i agree with the method of how we process info.. The mind is a very complex and powerful thing.. IMO, it can also play tricks on us..
I would though, sometime be interested in someone explaining to me what they think they mean, when they state that they "saw" or "knew" or whatever they use to make that statement, when they found the "only way to know of Him" as you have stated.
For me when i say i know God is real, its from the experience that took place in my life 16 years ago. Before, i was a drunkard, dope addict and a pretty mean and vile person back in the day. My life changed instantly the night i (surrenderd) committed my heart to believing and trusting in God, it didnt change gradualy nor did i work my way to becoming a different person. The things that i had read and heard about from the Bible, how God would change your life and all the old things would pass away and behold all things become new.. Happened to me, it became ''real'' to me that night when i whole heartedly believed God was real.
No offence intended [usually when a person says no offence intended he is actually going to offend the other person], but my understanding, or rather my opinion of people who claim to know God and that they know Him because they have followed the necessary steps to get to know Him, is their usuing a technique to cover for their lack of proof to convince the other person, because the other person cannot see into their mind, so he cannot "prove" that the person did not have that experience.
So those who cannot see get to feel someone handicapped because they obviously don't have what it takes to "find God".
With respect I can't accept that God cannot be proved without these kinds of tactics, if He exists, and also to use how Jesus describes how He Himself can been seen is begging the question, because assuming Jesus doesn't exist then His words are meaningless.
No offence taken, i have big shoulders...lol

I have no problem ''talking'' with a person who shows interest or ask honest questions. I respect what you believe and what you feel is ''right'' for you.

They are alot of things about God that cant be explained logicaly, imo.But then again, niether can the orgin of life be explained. For me i tried rehabs and sought out my purpose in this life, but never really seen the whole picture. I stayed straight for a while, but there was something still missing deep down inside of me.. A void if you will, that i wasnt ever able to fill with all the other stuff.. I feel that ALL men have been giving a measure of Faith,(have what it takes) to know God on a personal level..

Location hidden

#618699 Apr 21, 2013
Have you ever thought about the beginning? What is that, you say? You know -- whatever it was that showed up first. Or whatever it was that was here first, at the earliest moment in time. Have you ever strained your brain to think about that?

Wait a minute, you say, isn't it possible that in the beginning there was nothing? Isn't it possible that kazillions of years ago, there wasn't anything at all? That's certainly a theory to consider. So let's consider it -- but first by way of analogy.

Let's say you have a large room. It's fully enclosed and is about the size of a football field. The room is locked, permanently, and has no doors or windows, and no holes in its walls.

Inside the room there is...nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not a particle of anything. No air at all. No dust at all. No light at all. It's a sealed room that's pitch black inside. Then what happens?

Well, let's say your goal is to get something -- anything at all -- into the room. But the rules are: you can't use anything from outside the room to do that. So what do you do?

Well, you think, what if I try to create a spark inside the room? Then the room would have light in it, even for just a moment. That would qualify as something. Yes, but you are outside the room. So that's not allowed.

But, you say, what if I could teleport something into the room, like in Star Trek? Again, that's not allowable, because you'd be using things from outside the room.

Here again is the dilemma: you have to get something inside the room using only what's in the room. And, in this case, what's in the room is nothing.

Well, you say, maybe a tiny particle of something will just show up inside the room if given enough time.

There's three problems with this theory. First, time by itself doesn't do anything. Things happen over time, but it's not time that makes them happen. For example, if you wait 15 minutes for cookies to bake, it's not the 15 minutes that bakes them, it's the heat in the oven. If you set them on the counter for 15 minutes, they're not going to bake.

In our analogy, we've got a fully enclosed room with absolutely nothing in it. Waiting 15 minutes will not, in and of itself, change the situation. Well, you say, what if we wait eons? An eon is merely a bunch of 15-minute segments all pressed together. If you waited an eon with your cookies on the counter, would the eon bake them?

The second problem is this: why would anything just "show up" in the empty room? It would need a reason why it came to be. But there is nothing inside the room at all. So what's to stop that from remaining the case? There would be nothing inside the room to cause something to show up (and yet the reason must come from inside the room).

Well, you say, what about a tiny particle of something? Wouldn't that have a greater chance of materializing in the room than something larger like, for example, a football?

That brings up the third problem: size. Like time, size is an abstract. It's relative. Let's say you have three baseballs, all ranging in size. One is ten feet wide, one is five feet wide, one is normal size. Which one is more likely to materialize in the room?

The normal-size baseball? No! It would be the same likelihood for all three. The size wouldn't matter. It's not the issue. The issue is whether or not any baseball of any size could just "show up" in our sealed, empty room.

If you don't think the smallest baseball could just show up in the room, no matter how much time passed, then you must conclude the same thing even for an atom. Size is not an issue. The likelihood of a small particle materializing without cause is no different than a refrigerator materializing without cause!

Location hidden

#618700 Apr 21, 2013
Now let's stretch our analogy further, literally. Let's take our large, pitch-black room and remove its walls. And let's extend the room so that it goes on infinitely in all directions. Now there is nothing outside the room, because the room is all there is. Period.

This black infinite room has no light, no dust, no particles of any kind, no air, no elements, no molecules. It's absolute nothingness. In fact, we can call it Absolutely Nothing.

So here's the question: if originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?

Yes. For something -- no matter how small -- cannot come from Absolutely Nothing. We would still have Absolutely Nothing.

What does that tell us? That Absolutely Nothing never existed. Why? Because, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing!

If Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would not be anything outside it to cause the existence of anything.

Again, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing.

However, something exists. Actually, many things exist. You, for example, are something that exists, a very important something. Therefore, you are proof that Absolutely Nothing never existed.

Now, if Absolutely Nothing never existed, that means there was always a time when there was at least Something in existence. What was it?

Was it one thing or many things? Was it an atom? A particle? A molecule? A football? A mutant baseball? A refrigerator? Some cookies?

To find out, go to ''Something.''
__http://www.everystudent.com/ journeys/nothing.html_________ _
I wonder who in here would take the time and read all of this, i dont post this for a right or wrong agenda on beliefs. Just thought this was an awsome analogy and could probly answer alot of skeptics questions!!?

ps23 writes;
** Click on the "something"
and then click at the bottom of each page in blue highlights all the way to ''who 2''.. Further if you wish, but this is some good reading..

Location hidden

#618701 Apr 21, 2013
http://www.everystudent.com/journeys/nothing....

sorry dont think that link worked in the above post, but ill try it again..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#618702 Apr 21, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
Now let's stretch our analogy further, literally. Let's take our large, pitch-black room and remove its walls. And let's extend the room so that it goes on infinitely in all directions. Now there is nothing outside the room, because the room is all there is. Period.
This black infinite room has no light, no dust, no particles of any kind, no air, no elements, no molecules. It's absolute nothingness. In fact, we can call it Absolutely Nothing.
So here's the question: if originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?
Yes. For something -- no matter how small -- cannot come from Absolutely Nothing. We would still have Absolutely Nothing.
What does that tell us? That Absolutely Nothing never existed. Why? Because, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing!
If Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would not be anything outside it to cause the existence of anything.
Again, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing.
However, something exists. Actually, many things exist. You, for example, are something that exists, a very important something. Therefore, you are proof that Absolutely Nothing never existed.
Now, if Absolutely Nothing never existed, that means there was always a time when there was at least Something in existence. What was it?
Was it one thing or many things? Was it an atom? A particle? A molecule? A football? A mutant baseball? A refrigerator? Some cookies?
I wonder who in here would take the time and read all of this, i dont post this for a right or wrong agenda on beliefs. Just thought this was an awsome analogy and could probly answer alot of skeptics questions!!?
ps23 writes;
and then click at the bottom of each page in blue highlights all the way to ''who 2''.. Further if you wish, but this is some good reading..
You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.
Sweetie-Pie

Hollywood, FL

#618703 Apr 21, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
ps23 writes;
" if "originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?

"If" Absolutely Nothing ever existed..."

That is a mighty big "if"
Sweetie-Pie

Hollywood, FL

#618704 Apr 21, 2013
And...bazillions is a fictitious word.

Location hidden

#618705 Apr 21, 2013
Thnks to you I have a collection of skulls , Clueless you say..but I know you even better than you do yourself.

Here's to you, you know who are.

Location hidden

#618706 Apr 21, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
And...bazillions is a fictitious word.
We do know what Brazilians are though.

Location hidden

#618707 Apr 21, 2013
gIMME Another SKULL !=/

I give you one :)

Mine fits in a velvet glove.......
Sweetie-Pie

Hollywood, FL

#618709 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
gIMME Another SKULL !=/
I give you one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oUTDyKofPCAXX
Mine fits in a velvet glove.......
Nothing you say ever eludes me.....
christianity is EVIL

Lower Sackville, Canada

#618711 Apr 21, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
ps23 writes;
there always was something imo,our universe was most likely part of a multiverse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Location hidden

#618712 Apr 21, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you say ever eludes me.....
Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Sweetie-Pie

Hollywood, FL

#618713 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Neither, I have made other plans.

Location hidden

#618715 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.
What? Huh? Those are not my words and didnt come from my head, but they sounded very logical and reasonable to me..

So do you want to explain your concepts, that you have fabricated and fashioned in your mind, and those of others who has influenced your constructed view of how life began??

So you disagree with anaology, so what would your analogy be(scientificly)??

Location hidden

#618717 Apr 21, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you say to those atheists who have already done what you suggest and felt nothing?
Keep seeking with a clear mind and a willing heart. Question your motive and ask yourself if you found the evidence you wanted, would you and are you willing to serve God? Are you simply seeking ''just'' for the curiousity of his existence, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?
(here's hoping you're not one of those people who will say - without even knowing - that they didn't really open their hearts when they reached out to god...)
Keep seeking with an open mind and willing heart, check your motive i would think..

Are you seeking "just for" the curiousity of his existence?, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?

Have you asked yourself if you found the evidence you seek, are you willing to serve God?

Location hidden

#618718 Apr 21, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
" if "originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?
"If" Absolutely Nothing ever existed..."
That is a mighty big "if"
Exactly. So which side of the ''IF'' would you want to be on when that time comes?

Because when our time is up here, we both are gonna see that ''if'' turned into ''it surely was true''..

All the "if's" and maybe's will be proven positive..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 560,467
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 11 min Hatti_Hollerand 99
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Chris Clearwater 175,779
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 265,448
Gay snapchat names 24 min mm94_sexy 175
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min truth 605,336
Moses never existed 1 hr Khatru 827
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Johnny 4,895
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr risque 137
More from around the web