Prove there's a god.

“Headless Body in Topless Bar”

Since: Sep 07

Hygiene, Colorado

#619128 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you hear that story?
Like most stories of the Christian meme, it is made up out of whole shroud.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619129 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying us that you Believe that:
1. God dooms billions to torture.
2. Due to God's predestination, free will is not possible.
3. God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
Then I would have to say that:
You believe that God does exist and yet still you choose to say he doesn't.
Do you know for sure that free will cannot exist?
That God is to be bound by your thinking?
Just asking.....
Why do you think it is possible to debunk a myth without discussing the basic tenets of the myth? That is very strange.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619130 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but this is directly from Helen Keller's book, "The Story of My Life".
"There is much in the Bible against which every instinct of my being rebels, so much that I regret the necessity which has compelled me to read it through from beginning to end. I do not think that the knowledge which I have gained of its history and sources compensates me for the unpleasant details it has forced upon my attention."
-- Helen Keller
Great that you posted this!

BTW, I love your "headline" on your avatar- I assume you know that was from an actual headline in the NY Post some years ago- I was living in Manhattan then and I remember it well the day that headline appeared on the cover of the NY Post!

LOL!

http://www.brooklynmutt.com/post/321924126/he...

Hygiene, Colorado

#619131 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>well if you are questioning him and his actions then you must believe that he exists.
If you believe that he exists, then you have to ask “Would I rather have free will with the potential for suffering and pain or live a predetermined life devoid of any problems?” I have never had anyone respond with the desire to live a life without freedom. We all see the value in having our freedom, and I personally believe that this is how God created us.
If you don't believe in God, then your question is a moot point.
Why do you think it is possible to debunk a myth without discussing the beliefs of the adherents of the myth? That is very strange.

Case in point: The conditions on Mars would indicate that life as we not it could not exist on Mars, therefore, the odds that little green men from Mars will appear on Earth are quite slim.

Your response: If you are questioning the existence of little green men from Mars, you must believe in their existence! Whoop!

It's a very strange approach and wholly illogical. You do yourself a disservice.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619132 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Muy intelligente! When I grow up, I want to be just like you señor!:)
An atheist.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619133 Apr 24, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
Oh my, another mean God hater..
Grow up will ya...
It is impossible to hate that which is not demonstrated to exist.

In the case of the god of the Old and New Testaments, it is impossible to hate that which is demonstrably false.

Just one of a million examples:

The Tower of Babel. While no one babbles for money better than a thieving, charlatan preacher, the Old Testamnet contends that the origin of languages is the Tower of Babel. We know that languages are not revolutionary but evolutionary and did not spring up out of a non-descript area of Mesopotamia as retribution by a tyrant that had already performed genocide as retribution for mistakes it had made. Your sky tyrant is perhaps the most incompetent middle manager ever conceived.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619134 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Great that you posted this!
BTW, I love your "headline" on your avatar- I assume you know that was from an actual headline in the NY Post some years ago- I was living in Manhattan then and I remember it well the day that headline appeared on the cover of the NY Post!
LOL!
http://www.brooklynmutt.com/post/321924126/he...
An awesome headline. An instant classic. Too bad Murdoch ruined the rag. Murray Hill here, back in the day.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619135 Apr 24, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe God/Jesus exist?
If not, we dont have much to say to one another. Meaning if you are only interested in bashing and mocking like the most here do, then i can only hope the best for you on your journey.
That poster was not bashing or mocking you. That you would respond to their legitimate questions with this miserable deflection is tacit evidence that your "faith" is built on a foundation of shifting sands and the religious shell game that harms so many while lining the coffers of admitted con men, thieves, charlatans, and larcenists.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619136 Apr 24, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Are skeptics skeptical of their skepticism?
Yes

Hygiene, Colorado

#619137 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as long as the freethinkers taught them how to freethink the same as all the other freethinkers freethink.....
That's rich.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619138 Apr 24, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, i dont..
Magic isnt real, but GOD is..
God; Creator of all things, all powerful, all knowing. His mercy endureth forever.
Wait and see, you too will be a believer.
What created your god? Infinite regress undermines your "argument".

Wait and see, you write. Passive-aggressive threats are threats nonetheless less. Thank you for proving religion is, to you, nothing more than an exercise in your dream that your ego can live on forever. You project sadness. It's a shame.

""Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. "

Thomas Jefferson

I don't fear your claims of divine retribution. I have waited. I have seen. I have studied and I have learned. Yeahnoway is as likely as Allah, as real as the unicorn, and only powerful as an idea used to swell the coffers and manipulate and destroy people.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619139 Apr 24, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
We are living in hell.
"The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad." Friederich Nietzsche

Hygiene, Colorado

#619140 Apr 24, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods of course. Grace as in being saved, borned again, converted.
As the scripture says,, many will say Lord lord have i not gave to the poor, payed my tiths, done many good deeds in your name? Thats what religion is, people try and work there way into heaven. Just as the pharisee did.
And God will say depart for me you workers of inquity; for i ''never'' knew you.
"Borned again"? Really?

You do realize that the doctrine of being "saved" and "born again" only dates back to the late 1960s and early 1970s and that the evangelical movement sprang forth from the Jesus Freaks, those dirty, unwashed hippies your grandparents railed against? It was first popularized in a book by Watergate co-conspirator and former felon Chuck Colson. After all, like Saul of Taursus, L.Ron Hubbard, and Joseph Smith, there is no one better to create a whole new religion than a grifter and a con man.

Yes, I know, John 3:3. Yes, that is the impetus for the evangelical movement, but, pointing out that description does not obviate the origin. Prior to the 1970s, no Christian identified themselves as "born again". They were Methodists, Catholics, Episcopalians, Baptists, et al. Your contention is a brand new religion, as is every sect and schism of Christianity. 40,000 and counting. It's great news, though, as the more it splits, the faster it dies, as each new schism wallows in its radicalism.

Christians just 40 years ago would brand you a heretic.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619141 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how you atheists come to the same "conclusion" that there is no God.
Which god?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619142 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Banning plastic is "ultra left?"
Yes.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619143 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right that I cannot provide evidence of God's existence.
I've said that like 1,000 times....
Only God can do that, as He's done with me.
Care to share?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619144 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that god isn't real, RR, and I know that you know this because we have been over it a thousand times. What do you get out of misrepresenting my views? I don't go around telling you that you secretly believe in vishnu and you're just lying to everyone about being a christian.
"I don't believe that god isn't real, RR"

Nice double negative. How am I supposed to take that? You believe God is real?

Look at it this way, "I don't believe that it isn't hot, RR"

O_o

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619145 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>OCD would be someone feeling compelled to lock and re-lock their from door 25 times "just right," while feeling like if they don't complete this ritual then "something bad will happen."
LL seems more like your run of the mill internet troll. Sad people, they are.
Eh.... OK, I'll go along wit dat.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619146 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Like, I always tell people that when a schizophrenic man tells you about the aliens that came down and fondled him, you can believe him.
Sure, sure....

'ceptn I ain't schizo.

So....

Hygiene, Colorado

#619147 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To show people here the impossibility of proving things on Topix.
You cannot prove to me that you have hands.
But the thread is about proving God.
O_O
I can certainly prove that I have hands. They are easily demonstrated. No "faith" is required. Having read some of your posts, I can already imagine the obfuscatory response you will proffer, but, I could easily prove my hands exist to you. You can't prove your personal god is anything more than an extension of your ego wether you stood in front of me or behind an iPad screen. That is why you attempt a trump with the "faith" card. You actually denigrate the word "faith" with this endeavor. Oh well, it's your petard.

Your attempt to becloud and muddle falls flat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Jim-ca 17,555
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 683,941
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 11 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min waaasssuuup 619,712
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 3 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 4 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web