|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And below that is the lore of JRR Tolkein. It's a little known fact that our world is in fact a collection of literary constructs.
Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

Dr. Seuss

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
Stop telling people how we met.
I just want you to know, I don't hold a grudge.

The hair all grew back. We're cool.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, and we always wil have differing opinions, until such time as any evidence is found to actually prove anything of a supernatural nature. So far nothing is known, as far as my understanding goes.
I highly suspect, due to the high value so much of the world places on theism, that an actual proof will be major knowledge to everyone capable of receiving that info, and if it is verifiable proof then God would become a proved entity rather than one that some parts of the world believe in.
Ive always wonderd what evidence one would want from a supernatural being?

A signed letter of authinticity? An audiable voice from heaven? The Holy Bible which i know is a myth to you, But it says one must have faith, and there shall be no sign giving.

So the only (personal) proof,evidence i ever got from God was when i put my faith and trust into him with my whole heart, its more then just a decision with the brain but a commitment from the heart. I sought God ( not religion, not mans doctrines, denominations and such, but God..

I know its hard to believe in something you cant see touch or feel, i have been right there in that position. His words describes the ''only way to know of him, so i would think if one doesnt come that way. Well, then he will never have that proof he seeks.

welp time for bed, gonna ride 4 wheelers morrow..

Have a good one boots!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want you to know, I don't hold a grudge.
The hair all grew back. We're cool.
Sorry about your back.

I made a sweater from my dryer trap collection.

It's gray and itchy.

So is my dog.

Go figure.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mac and Water Nymph.
I'm going to share this.
:-)

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
paddles?
Nah, I just fire over the stern. That makes it rocket-propelled...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, I just fire over the stern. That makes it rocket-propelled...
I'm curious now.

In an inflatable kayak, how do you distinguish between stern and bow?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious now.
In an inflatable kayak, how do you distinguish between stern and bow?
The way I'm facing is the bow.

Thing's made outta some Kevlar-type stuff...

This isn't quite the right model, but it's close: http://www.rei.com/product/751788/advanced-el...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The way I'm facing is the bow.
Thing's made outta some Kevlar-type stuff...
This isn't quite the right model, but it's close: http://www.rei.com/product/751788/advanced-el...
OK. I had a duckie in mind for some reason.

Why do you go with the inflatable?

I ask too many questions, I'm sorry.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I had a duckie in mind for some reason.
Why do you go with the inflatable?
I ask too many questions, I'm sorry.
Oh, just fewer issues with storage and transport. Thing's the size of a small suitcase.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, just fewer issues with storage and transport. Thing's the size of a small suitcase.
Do you use it in the ocean?

You may have already answered that. I'm slow.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is a difference between awareness of self and awareness. My dog is certainly aware, but she has no sense of self as far as I know.
Ummm....maybe, maybe not.

"Having a sense of self is being able to be aware of one's self. When an animal grooms it self, it is aware of it self been groomed. This is also a gesture of love towards ones self and sometimes towards the ones that you love. For example: when one animal wants to prove to another its affection, most of the time, if it is a mammal or a bird, it shows this with a grooming gesture towards the other.

Sometimes when animals are passing through stressful situations in which there is no way out, they, in turn, start punishing themselves, for they bestow the anger of failure and frustration towards themselves. If it is a parrot, instead of grooming itself, it might start plucking its own feathers. If it is a dog, it might start chewing on its own fur or chasing after its own tail. These are usually signs of self punishments that can only be seen in beings with a well developed sense of self.

Self awareness is proven by the many behavioral patterns which animals exhibit which suggest, without the shadow of a doubt, the possessions of certain mental stimuli; some of which are: status, pride, self esteem, territoriality, self punishment, self love, supremacy, and submission.

As an example lets take supremacy and submission: supremacy and submission are feelings which can not exist without self awareness, for if you are not aware of yourself, how can you be able to understand how great you are or how small you are.

Supremacy and submission are emotions which exists in fish, reptiles, mammals and birds. The reason why it exists in so many animals is because, along with territoriality, it is the most primitive of all feelings within self awareness."

http://www.strato.net/~crvny/sa03002.htm

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive always wonderd what evidence one would want from a supernatural being?
A signed letter of authinticity? An audiable voice from heaven? The Holy Bible which i know is a myth to you, But it says one must have faith, and there shall be no sign giving.
Which is what makes religion such a great con...
God Is Love

Barnegat, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

I believe there is a God and I live a life of peace and serenity and do not have to prove that to anyone, it is an individual thing, if you don't believe..... WHO CARES.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

AriaJames wrote:
<quoted text>Aerobatty, I couldn't find the post to which you were referring, but I am truly sorry that your daughter didn't have a happy ever after with her mate. Life isn't perfect. Hope she doesn't let it get her down. Also, her success or lack thereof shouldn't be blamed on you or anything. Sometimes people work out and sometimes they don't.:)
It wasn't my post, but thank you anyway.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow this logic. To me, again, it's like saying that we can't reasonably assume that mass is involved in gravity because we don't understand the mechanism of gravity.
I'm not saying molecules are not involved with consciousness; I'm saying that this involvement is not enough to consider that consciousness is a product of these molecules rather than of the quantum reality that makes up those molecules.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

M H Ss wrote:
Oh Thank God ... Boston can exhale. Trapped in their homes with scared children right up to adults of mature age.

Wow! You can hear them letting out war hoots of jubilation. Now we'll hang back and see how the details unravel and we learn how such a thing is possible. The USA is so complacent.

Many injuries and shattered spirits, but few dead in comparison as to how bad it could have been.

Prayers to the survivors.

Good Night Topix
Latest news is that they had embraced Islam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who knows? There are many interesting ideas as to how that happened. You're talking about the jump from consciousness to self awareness, right?
Jesus dude. Consciousness and awareness is part of the same package. At least that's what *I* mean when I say 'consciousness'. That includes self awareness. Would you be comfortable if awareness came from quantum reality while consciousness (the ability to respond to stimulus) came from quantum?

I'm talking about going from 'non-aware' to 'aware'. Do you people read anything? I wrote that already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is a difference between awareness of self and awareness. My dog is certainly aware, but she has no sense of self as far as I know.
How the heck do you know? Besides, if we are self aware why wouldn't your dog be? That's crazy. You're nuts. You try to 'standing jump' the grand canyon but then you deny this. Unreal

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite to the contrary it it you who is resorting to childish tactics and is exhibiting the psycho behavior. Yes the amount of awareness IS exactly the point, at the very lowest levels of awareness it is hardly conscious awareness and more a repetitive event triggered by the fundamental forces, it is the ability to hold memory and sense that sparks a more complicated level of awareness called conscious.
All this BS because you can't admit that there is no way that science can approach the question of how groups of molecules ever became aware of themselves. You deserve some good name calling but I'll let it slide.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

470 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min bacon hater 93,714
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 532,755
6.5 inches big or small? (Feb '13) 7 min andet1987 6
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 14 min Dubai Massage 0553403266 68
Last Word + 2 17 min Rosie 74
The world can't deny the REALITY of the Europea... 20 min Doctor REALITY 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Dr_Zorderz 256,492
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min lisw 172,389
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 58 min Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Krackerjacks 115,083
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••