Prove there's a god.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#618791 Apr 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is in every living creature on earth. We share dna with bananas. Or did your creator put 60% of our dna in bananas just to mess with us?
And at this point you are asking for evidence of evolution, which is one of the most robust and well supported theories in all of science. Evidence for evolution converges from many, many different scientific fields. There is nowhere near enough room for me to convey the evidence for evolution in a single topix post, so I recommend, despite knowing that you won't do it, that you search google for "evidence of evolution."
Here is a nice little summary of the evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_comm...
Don't try to poison the well. The argument was where did the instructions in DNA originate.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#618792 Apr 22, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to poison the well. The argument was where did the instructions in DNA originate.
You said "where is the evidence dna evolved?" I'm starting to think you don't know what "evolve" means.

At this point, no one knows for sure how dna originated. You are asking me to tell you how life began. There are several different ideas. One of the most prominent is the "rna world" hypothesis, but it has some problems. No one knows for sure. So?

Check out the miller urey experiment. That's one piece of the puzzle. It shows, experimentally, that amino acids are easily synthesized in early earth conditions.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#618793 Apr 22, 2013
Development and Characterization of Wheat Line with Combined Resistance to Russian Wheat Aphid and Stem Rust (Race “Ug99”) in Kenya:http://feilingbobo.blog. com/2013/04/22/development-and -characterization-of-wheat-lin e-with-combined-resistance-to- russian-wheat-aphid-and-stem-r ust-race-%E2%80%9Cug99%E2%80%9 D-in-kenya/

Location hidden

#618794 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Still not answered. Are you unable to present an argument and must defer all thought to a link?
weak
Coming from the guy who does not "present" anything but ignorance, that's rich. Do you think that god is to be taken as fact until science can definitively explain every single mystery? Provide evidence for your claim. Until magic is proven to exist in the first place, science doesn't have to prove anything. We may not be able to definitively explain abiogensis at this point (you know, like we couldn't explain lightning 10,000 years ago), but that doesn't mean we never will, and it certainly doesn't mean that goddidit. Until you provide proof of god, it is safe to assume that life started without him, regardless of *how* exactly it started.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#618795 Apr 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from the guy who does not "present" anything but ignorance, that's rich. Do you think that god is to be taken as fact until science can definitively explain every single mystery? Provide evidence for your claim. Until magic is proven to exist in the first place, science doesn't have to prove anything. We may not be able to definitively explain abiogensis at this point (you know, like we couldn't explain lightning 10,000 years ago), but that doesn't mean we never will, and it certainly doesn't mean that goddidit. Until you provide proof of god, it is safe to assume that life started without him, regardless of *how* exactly it started.
Provide evidence for your claim.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#618796 Apr 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You said "where is the evidence dna evolved?"
No, I asked where the instructions in the DNA originate.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#618797 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text> Provide evidence for your claim.
Hush, tard.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#618798 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"every life lost would have been lost without medical science anyway"
Bullshit.
Medical science has *caused* many, many deaths. Botched surgeries, malpractice, misdiagnoses, etc.
My mother-in-law was a prime example of how much medical science kills people.
Placing the cart before the horse there. How many healthy people do you know go to the emergency room or a doctor?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#618799 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text> No, I asked where the instructions in the DNA originate.
What "instructions?"

Location hidden

#618800 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text> No, I asked where the instructions in the DNA originate.
This is what you said:

"Where is the evidence that DNA evolved? From what, where, when?

You are making baseless claims and accuse other of doing just the same...hmmmmm?"

But either way, you need to realize that you are asking me about abiogenisis, which as I said, is not something we have a definitive answer for. I pointed you towards the miller urey experiment, which showed that over 20 amino acids could be easily formed in the conditions present on early earth. I also told you about the "rna world" hypothesis, which posits that rna is the precursor to dna, and I provided a link because there is not enough space for me to lay out every theory that attempts to explain abiogenisis.

But you simply pretended like this didn't happen, and repeated your "provide evidence of your claim" line, again. How about you provide evidence of your claim.

Location hidden

#618801 Apr 22, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush, tard.
Looks like that worked. Praise xenu.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#618802 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text> Provide evidence for your claim.
Since there is no evidence, your god is a myth. End of story.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#618803 Apr 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep seeking with an open mind and willing heart, check your motive i would think..
Are you seeking "just for" the curiousity of his existence?, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?
Have you asked yourself if you found the evidence you seek, are you willing to serve God?
Why would one have to "keep" seeking? As I said originally, many people have sought out god with an open heart and in all sincerity. They heard and felt nothing in return. Why would god not fill their hearts right away? Why would they have to keep trying?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#618804 Apr 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like that worked. Praise xenu.
Pangu.

duh

Tell em Scar.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#618805 Apr 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Prove cats are not self-aware.
Would you do me a favor? Would you tell these morons that I have no more time for the game? I'm outta here; have better things to do than argue with people that claim that a subjective 'sense of self' is even remotely testable. And with ignoramuses that won't even address what I wrote directly and that act like they think they can explain how awareness came into being.

I owe ya; just name it, you got it :)

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#618806 Apr 22, 2013
If you can't explain how awareness came into being then you can't explain consciousness. Oh, but tim and Aura can. They can..........KMA.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#618807 Apr 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine you know everything. Imagine you can do anything. Imagine that time does not exist for you - you are not bound to a single moment. Ok?
Now imagine you create a colony of little creatures. Imagine that you know everything that they will ever do, even if you don't explicitly make them do it. Imagine that you have the power to change the course of any event in their timeline. K?
Now, imagine you create one who you immediately know, by virtue of your omniscience, will go on to become evil. You know of all the lives he will destroy and all the bad things he will do. Imagine you could, by snapping your fingers, make all of the bad things he will ever do go away. k?
Now imagine that you don't. You see, in your infinite wisdom, untold suffering brought upon your creation by this creature. Even if you technically gave this creature "free will" (which technically can't exist in this universe since you know everything that will happen and can change it, but we will ignore that), you still know that this creature will use this "free will" to inflict suffering. k?
You have created evil. Even if you didn't "make" this creature evil intentionally, and even if he "chose" to become evil on his own - he did so under the watchful eye of you, a being who has the power to stop him effortlessly.
So yes, your god created evil. He set into motion a series of events that he knew, for a fact, would result in unimaginable levels of suffering in this universe, and he does not life a finger to stop it. That, to me, is worse than any sin of any evil man. Your god could snap his fingers and make sure that no child ever loses his parents, that no girl is ever raped, and that no kid is ever sold into slavery ever again. And he doesn't. That's even worse than your devil, because while he is evil, he doesn't have control over all of creation.
And, no, the absence of good/god is not evil. The absence of good is the absence of good. You don't automatically start butchering babies if you aren't a "good person."
Holy God

Holy God, we praise Thy name!
Lord of all, we bow before Thee!
All on earth Thy sceptre claim.
All in heaven above adore Thee.
Infinite Thy vast domain.
Everlasting is Thy reign.
Hark! the loud celestial hymn
Angel choirs above are raising;
Cherubim and seraphim,
In unceasing chorus praising,
Fill the heavens with sweet accord;
Holy, holy, holy Lord! Amen.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#618808 Apr 22, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy God
Holy God, we praise Thy name!
Lord of all, we bow before Thee!
All on earth Thy sceptre claim.
All in heaven above adore Thee.
Infinite Thy vast domain.
Everlasting is Thy reign.
Hark! the loud celestial hymn
Angel choirs above are raising;
Cherubim and seraphim,
In unceasing chorus praising,
Fill the heavens with sweet accord;
Holy, holy, holy Lord! Amen.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#618809 Apr 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. So which side of the ''IF'' would you want to be on when that time comes?

Because when our time is up here, we both are gonna see that ''if'' turned into ''it surely was true''..

All the "if's" and maybe's will be proven positive..
Pascal's wager AGAIN?

Can you at least TRY to be original?
YTubeVID

AOL

#618810 Apr 22, 2013

Have You TORMENTED THE DEVIL TODAY ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 2 min washington 168
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 63,682
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min DebraE 106,491
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Gods r Delusions ... 653,890
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 281,852
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 32 min WasteWater 2,572
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,735
More from around the web