“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#618433 Apr 19, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>There, you admit it again, that consciousness is a mystery. Thank you.
It is you that has to admit that we cannot know we are "seeing" conscious thought in the brain, we are seeing the transmittance of an already formed thought. We are not seeing the origination of that thought. What evidence do you have to assert that?
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Doppler radar doesn't "see" the wind either.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#618434 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I've never given Santa all that much thought.
Santa is practice for believing in god. Christian parents lie to their children about the existence of Santa, and then reward the child for believing. Then they lie about the existence of God.

Location hidden

#618435 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... Oy cuz you're so nice to me.
Mere Christianity
Escape from Reason
Left Behind
All We're Meant to Be
Rich Christians
Age of Hunger
apologetics are not historical study
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#618436 Apr 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa is practice for believing in god. Christian parents lie to their children about the existence of Santa, and then reward the child for believing. Then they lie about the existence of God.
Yes Karl. There is a Santa Claus.
God wants you to believe. Say your prayers.
He is faith. Children see him.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#618437 Apr 19, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you waste money on ugly pictures and a useless holiday with boring scenery?
Did you feel guilty for wasting money for yourself that you should have used to support your family and take them on proper holidays?
You are very selfish! Well, I hope you did feel guilty!
Girls.
On the beach.

Guilty? Not remotely.

Laffin.

The Borderland of Sol

#618438 Apr 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- I got a lot of ribbing too even though I moved to Orlando- a lot of retirees do move here, but the influx of young people and young families over the past 17 years has been astounding.
And downtown Orlando totally rocks out at night and pretty much every night of the week.
And a lot of Spring Breakers come to Orlando too.
Ya gotta love it when a bikini and flip-flops are regarded as adequate attire at a restaurant.

Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#618439 Apr 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - not this one!
<quoted text>
(O_O)( >_< )(O_O)
I think I will stay mute on this one because my initial response to reading the above, would have had you laughing hysterically at me. <<blush>>
Don't think I hadn't thought it first!

*helpless laughter*

The Borderland of Sol

#618440 Apr 19, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - I have issues when a snake is big enough to eat a medium size dog for some strange reason. I donít mind snakes per seÖ.just the ones that try to bite me, or eat my pets :P
Don't even.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#618441 Apr 19, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry OCB..... Really, it was just an attempt at light humor...... I have nothing against Canadians.... I posted a list a while ago about Canada and boooots didn't see the humor in it.
I'd retract it if Topix had an edit feature...:(
Gee, Al, was I offended by your Canadian joke. We Canadians do like to laugh at ourselves a lot, as we usually don't take ourselves all that seriously. I will have to watch myself in the future.:):)
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#618442 Apr 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Girls.
On the beach.
Guilty? Not remotely.
Laffin.
But do you spend enough time with your children?

But at first are girls at the beach a way to help sooth the guilt, but afterwards when you leave thinking about how you could have treated your family, do you feel ridden with guilt afterwards?

Location hidden

#618443 Apr 19, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boots, i apologize for not responding to your post to my question i asked ya a few days back.. I got side tracked.. And cant find the post with your response, so im gonna try n wing it..
So in ' a nut shell ' im just guessing here. you was raised and tought to believe what your parents and elders beliefs was? Was they of the Christian Faith or diff?
They were and are (mom is still alive and sings in choir at 88, 89 in a week or so) devout Protestants, of Canada's major non RC church, which in the area they live(d) in were mainly Presbyterian and Methodist background. The Christian background goes back many generations, but I don't know for sure what denominations the ancestors before them were.

Location hidden

#618444 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It has Canadians living in it.
you can not prove we are living

Location hidden

#618445 Apr 19, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i would agree from a skeptics point of view about what you say. And yes of course it doesnt show ''proof'' for the skeptic.. But it's way more important then that i would say. The prophecy that Isiah wrote down, is the important point, for me anyway.
Of course, and we always wil have differing opinions, until such time as any evidence is found to actually prove anything of a supernatural nature. So far nothing is known, as far as my understanding goes.

I highly suspect, due to the high value so much of the world places on theism, that an actual proof will be major knowledge to everyone capable of receiving that info, and if it is verifiable proof then God would become a proved entity rather than one that some parts of the world believe in.

Location hidden

#618446 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Feltch me.
he will suck all the God out of you

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#618447 Apr 19, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Al, was I offended by your Canadian joke. We Canadians do like to laugh at ourselves a lot, as we usually don't take ourselves all that seriously. I will have to watch myself in the future.:):)
It's not that, boooots....

It's like we can say negative stuff about that which is ours- be it our parents, our children, our country, etc.

To me, it takes on a whole different tone when someone else does it- especially if one is a xenophobe or has those tendencies.

I've never seen those tendencies or that characteristic in Al and that's why his "joke" took my by surprise and all the more since it was posted to RR- who most definitely has displayed xenophobic tendencies at the very least.

As I posted to RR, there is a reason why I've told him he is an isolated American, an insular American, and as I've also posted to him, an "ugly American".
youtube

AOL

#618448 Apr 19, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#618449 Apr 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ya gotta love it when a bikini and flip-flops are regarded as adequate attire at a restaurant.
Hehehe.
Yeah, but frankly, I don't "love it". Not really into so much skin showing when dining out....it's pretty tacky, imo and a lot of that skin is covering way too much fat in a lot of cases.....bikinis are not at all attractive as attire in those cases....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#618450 Apr 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Girls.
On the beach.
Guilty? Not remotely.
Laffin.
LL is so many cards short of a full deck as to be in the negative.

WOW.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#618451 Apr 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's because what you are implying isn't even what quantum consciousness theory is saying. I'm sorry If you cannot see that ,but that IS exactly what I showed you. Your assertion doesn't even make sense, in your approach the problem you believe is beyond scientific ability to comprehend , so it makes sense that any theory can be correct. The truth to this is, that it is beyond "your" comprehension, so any theory makes sense to you.
I'm not trying to say my assertion makes sense. I'm saying no assertion makes sense until we at least establish a mechanism for consciousness. You are saying that your assertion makes more sense than mine. It does not. Science admits it yet you think you are above the greatest minds on earth.

It all boils down to what I said a couple posts ago, that a group of 'consciousness-capable molecules' and a group of 'consciousness-incapable molecules' can both react to or recognize a stimulus, but one of them is aware of it while the other just reacts.

There is no molecular difference that we can put our finger on, but obviously there is a difference. What is that difference? When you can tell me then you can toot your horn.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#618453 Apr 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Doppler radar doesn't "see" the wind either.
What evidence do you have that we are seeing the origination of that thought rather than the transmittance of an already-created thought?

And if you can prove we are seeing the origination then you still can't prove whether it is of quantum or molecular origin until you establish a mechanism for consciousness that is TESTABLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 40,005
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 2,098
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 13 min LAWEST100 134
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 23 min elliesmythe 121
Poll have you ever been completely naked in public o... 49 min stemaxgizmo 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min MUQ2 270,226
Israel End is Near 1 hr MUQ2 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seentheotherside 610,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 579,649
More from around the web