budha

Soddy Daisy, TN

#616259 Apr 13, 2013
god is a cult and jusus was a cult leader .monks invented beer and jesus made wine.so goes to show christians are drunks.catholics have killed more people in time than any virus ever has.if god made us who made god.we did.people have to have an upper power because of their lack and ability to function in reality.did man come from apes.then why are their still apes.did human life start in africa then shouldnt they be smart enough to not still be shiting in the woods and wiping their asses with leaves.
we have the hubble now so why cant we see so called heaven.
no one can prove their is no god the same you cant prove their is a god.
who can prove we are all not a computer generated simlife living in a galactic server.
if their is an oh mighty god the creator.why do we have to live in a world of pain where little kids are sick and get killed and raped by sick people.why do catholics get to rape little boys and just get relocated.
UidiotRaceMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#616264 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie says enough to park a whole lot of 'vans down by the rivers' and with each having enough land to grow potatoes and the other WholeNineYards.
Including having holes in the ground to schidt in. Bags of 'lime' would be used to dissolve the 'matter'. If not that, the schidt could be tossed on the vegetables and used as manure. Just line in Asian countries. When the US of A soldiers were in Vietnam, they ate the biggest tomatoes.
The present-day Chinks do the same.
Go Figure.
Boblablah you can't fool people with your screen name change.

You are Racist and war monger. Did Clementine heart your feeling? BWHAHHAHAHAAA

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#616265 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Qantas has direct flights.
but but

the first to arrive

who would greet them at the airport?
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616266 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...
I see...
You're the type that would've denied DNA before it was discovered.
You're the type that says its impossible for humans to go the speed of light - because it's yet to be proven.
And you're the type that needs proof of God before you can believe in Him.
Oh well, God exists whether you believe it not.
What so many of you zealots CONSISTENTLY fail to realise is that it is a scientist's RESPONSIBILITY to doubt untested claims until they are sufficiently supported. Without people saying "I don't believe your outlandish claims" nothing would EVER be proven beyond a shadow of doubt. That kind of response is 100% necessary and correct.

It is LUDICROUS to allow for the possibility of something just because someone says so.

If someone came to me and said "So, DNA!" I'd say that sounds fascinating, TELL ME MORE... if their evidence of DNA was "I read it in some folk stories" I would call them on their bullshit.

If after thousands of years, they still came to me and said "DNA IS REAL YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN IT" I would absolutely flat out say NO!

That's the relationship you're describing actually, if you care to consider it.

And for the record, like every scientist I am prepared to eat the mountain of shit in front of me if you can PROVE YOUR CLAIM. I will admit I was wrong.

Will you admit your claim is baseless?

-
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!
Sorry, I forget the atheist rules of debate....
If I make a claim, the burden of proof is me.
But you can make a claim without any proof whatsoever.
Like you're "no you're not" example.
It's YOUR claim that I'm not awesome but still MY burden to prove it??
O_o
Like I said before when I was making my point about 'respectable beliefs'... You're just plain stupid.

"No you're not" is not a claim, it's a refutation of your claim. What claim do I make by simply rejecting yours? NONE.

I reject your claims because you have no evidence of them. That in itself is not a claim it's simply the most logical stance one can make.

You do the same thing yourself every day a hundred times a day, but your programmed hypocrisy doesn't allow you to see it. I'm only rejecting ONE more baseless claim than you are.

Stop being stupid and LEARN something. If we were talking about the Easter Bunny, we'd be in full agreement about the evidence at hand.
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616267 Apr 14, 2013
zander714 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Urkel, prove there isn't a God. Come on and do it!!! Bet you can't!=)
Troll.

As was said very early in this thread. Prove there are no unicorns and I will prove there's no god.

Please google burden of proof and learn something because right now your smug self-satisfaction just makes you look idiotic.

Pink Spoon example:

I say I have a pink spoon. If you had to prove I didn't, you would need to catalog all the spoons ever created and then account for their whereabouts and ensure that your accounting were perfect and that none were lost over the ages.

Compared to me simply showing you my pink spoon, that is an insurmountable task, and a stupidly unreasonable request.

For that reason the burden of proof lies with the claimant. You're quite right to say "NO you don't have a pink spoon" and if I do indeed have one, I could prove it by sticking it up your ass.

At this point, thousands of years later, after much of humanity has grown out of their need for bedtime stories and instant explanations, it is SHAMEFUL to think that such a large segment of the population is so (literally) retarded in their understanding of reason and logic so as to still believe in spirits and even FEAR them. It's no wonder that such people who pray to monsters in the sky can't get their head around simple logical constructs.

Ridiculous.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#616268 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.
And you telling me what is not unhealthy behavior is unhealthy behavior in and of itself.
Now you are saying that black is white.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#616269 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
Why so afraid of quantum consciousness anyway? That still wouldn't prove 'soul' or 'eternal consciousness'. Consciousness may never be "proven" in any objective manner.
Besides, you guys would find a way to work a 'strategy against that' into your playbook.
Um ... consciousness is pretty much understood. Time to move onto new mysteries, that's not one of them anymore.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#616270 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>In the eloquent words of Just Think:

Why feed the troll?
Because I noticed that you neatly avoided my post about the vast expanse of land each person on earth could have if he didn't CHOOSE to live in a city.

Coward.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616271 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>'twas a felony, assault & battery.

'twas in Orange County. You know where that is?

;)
And you can still own weapons?

I can't.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616272 Apr 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.

Ollie has just used his pencil and paper and came up with there being enough land in the state of Texas or in the province of Nahronchasema, Thailand, or in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada to plopDown ALL 7.23Billion people 'in Each one'....proving you Wrong as usual.

Of course, that means that there sure is a lot of land available for each person to plant potatoes around the WholeWideworld.

Use your brains. Where are ALL these people presently located???
They must be somewhere on our Pale Blue Dot and there most certainly is a lot of space in between each person. YES!!!

Go Figure.
They are all stacked up in cities.

And what figures did you use.

I found 57,500,000 square miles of land area on the whole planet.

Texas only has 268,000 square miles. That works out to .000038 square miles per person.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#616273 Apr 14, 2013
UidiotRaceMKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Boblablah you can't fool people with your screen name change.
You are Racist and war monger. Did Clementine heart your feeling? BWHAHHAHAHAAA
Stanley says the only Clementine that we are familiar with is the song 'My Darlin' Clementine', and the movie starring Henry Fonda and Walter Brennan having a Clementine tune in it.

By the way, members still refer to you as an eeejit as named by BobLoblah....the master of defense and offense towards hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains like you.

...and what do you mean by 'heart'!!!!!!!!!your feeling???

Go Figure.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#616274 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all stacked up in cities.
And what figures did you use.
I found 57,500,000 square miles of land area on the whole planet.
Texas only has 268,000 square miles. That works out to .000038 square miles per person.
Wrong.

They are Not ALL stackedUP in cities. A couple of cities = Yes.
Most cities = No.

There's an awful lot of room between Texas and the Rocky Mountains. 7.23 Billion humans could fit in there comfortably. Each with a potato patch and a hole in the ground.

California (which has a coastline that will eventually fall into the sea) has 25 - 30+ million people, but there's a whole lot of room for millions more.

If you had ever travelled, you would see the tremendous amount of room unused in China which has 1.5 Billion humans, and likewise in India which has 1.2 Billion people.

As you can see,'Most' of the US of A is empty having only 300 million people.

Your numbers don't addUP.

Meanwhile, put some new batteries in your calculator. Our pencils have plenty of lead.'Get the lead out' of your arse.

Go Figure.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#616275 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I just about own the Santa Ana courthouse.
When I arrive, it's bows and curtsies.
yeah, youre an atypical perfidious atheist.
OCB

United States

#616276 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can still own weapons?
I can't.
RR wouldn't be able to legally own guns if he lived in Florida- a MAJOR no-no and zero tolerance here in Florida for convicted felons to legally own guns.

Then again, I take much of what RR says with a HUGE grain of salt- such as his claims that he is a good Christian and a good American; I see no more evidence of those claims of his than I do of the god RR claims he KNOWS exists and which he KNOWS is real.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616277 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
People make mistakes. Even good people. I went to jail and I consider myself a good, law abiding person. I messed up.
But I never repeated my actions.
I can't consider career convicts as Christians. They're lying to themselves and lying to God.
You can't know that. Being a criminal doesn't necessarily make you a bad person, either. It might, but you can't assume that everyone with a long rap sheet is a bad guy.

Location hidden

#616278 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Aura, he thinks consciousness is defined.
What's undefined about "mechanism"? You don't know what humans mean by that?
Are you asking how exactly consciousness arises from the physical processes of the brain?

Location hidden

#616279 Apr 14, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Your position is that your defense is that there is nothing. So, you have to prove that there is nothing. You are the one making the claim that there is nothing. The fact is, the absence of something is nothing, so you are saying that there is nothing. Once you make the claim that there is nothing, then your statement must be proven. Like your position that the universe is 17 billion years old, but you say this then offer no proof that the universe is not really 170 billion years old, 17 million years old or simply 10,000 years old. You offer no proof of anything. So, it is your belief position that is invisible unicorn like.
My position is not that there is nothing. Stop rambling.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#616280 Apr 14, 2013
In spite of many scientific studies attempting to show that prayer works -- nothing.

Maybe we shouldn't pray for ourselves, but rather all of mankind. Maybe then the words proclaimed over and over in the Bible will come true!

Let us pray......

"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."

Will anything happen?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#616281 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you asking how exactly consciousness arises from the physical processes of the brain?
So that's it, you guys don't know what "mechanism" means. Let me explain. When we take a drug and it makes us hallucinate we wonder what the mechanism of the affect is. Well, say, we, for example, come up with a theory that the drug alters the local concentrations of acetylcholine in certain nerve synapses and causes the signals to transmit at different rates even within any given second of time.

So take consciousness. We experience it but what exactly is it? Do molecules get together and do a jig dance and walla there is consciousness? I mean molecules are considered unconscious, so how can nay number of them, no matter how "organized" they become, give rise top some sort of "consciousness"?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#616282 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no strategy agenda or bias against it, it's because
the quantum mind hypothesis is a bit like saying what happens outside the universe, or happens in another universe.[QUOTE]No it is not like that. There is a quantum reality that is the core of EVERY larger (molecular) reality. Where do you think the core of your toilet seat is, in another universe?
[QUOTE]
There is no possible way of determining if the hypothesis is correct.
Ditto for any molecular hypothesis. So quit the BS.
But the one thing that absolutely does not fit is temperature, quantum effects are near absolute zero, and brains are slightly warmer than that.
Dang you are dense. A molecule is composed of sub atomic particles (quantum reality), and that means a brain is composed of molecules which are composed of sub atomic particles. Gee maybe your brain is at absolute zero but most brains are not. More absolute bullsh*t from the BS camp.

Does an electron not oscillate at a higher frequency when the temperature is elevated? All that existed at the Big Bang was a quantum reality because it was too hot for anything else to exist. What created the temperature if there was no matter?
There is the possibility of some type quantum effect not yet known, but this is complete conjecture.
Ditto for molecular
On the other hand Neuroscience has definitive measures and techniques as well as real world machines such as MRI and scanning electron microscopes to study the brain with. It doesn't have all the answers but it has real science to back it up. It is a wide field with many specializations.
I'm not asking for what instruments they use in neuroscience. I'm asking for a molecular mechanism for consciousness that is more plausible than a quantum one. IT doesn't matter how many machines or "real science" you have working on it, the FACT is that you have nothing yet. Admit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 7 min Johnny 1,010
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 8 min Ebola Kills Everyone 11
What Is The New World Order? 9 min Ebola Kills Everyone 14
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 15 min Marty Fong 15
Many Blacks Are Working Behind The Scenes In Fa... 16 min Marty Fong 12
President Obama Praises ISIS 18 min Marty Fong 7
17 Year Old Young Blackman Hanged In Bladenboro... 19 min Marty Fong 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min guest 559,501
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 265,147
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 2 hr royal kannadiga 1,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,006
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
More from around the web