Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#616586 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is as boring as you, boooots, OCB and your other Thought Police buddies. I suspect you ignored the warning on the garment bags when you were kids.
Thank you again for gracing us with your loving words of wisdom.

You are truly a fine example of Jesus' teachings.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616587 Apr 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>bring on the so-called 'scientific proof' that Bible believers will need to adjust the 'goal posts' over.

the truth of the matter is that the antichrist scientist/wizards/warlocks are contstantly re-adjusting the goal posts of truth all the while claiming that their gross errors and blasphemy are just 'evolving' scientific theories.

when are you going to get off that train wreck???

"as it was in the days of Noah...."
Can we start with the 6 days of creation?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#616588 Apr 15, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree.
I use to help minister around here in the local jails, and what you say is true..
Alot of them just have what i call jail house religion, put a show on and they would promise us they would get active in church upon release.. Well that number has been ''very very'' small.. Only a few really got the goods.
I would agree with that too. Prisons, as I understand them, not ever having experienced one, are pretty horrible places to be, and so a person being in prison, who doesn't want to be there, will likely do what is required to get out, including lying if the lie would assist him in getting out.

I also know that some people have "got religious" while in prison, because I have heard some of them speak about their experiences, and they were at that time spending their lives giving inspirational speeches about how they had changed their lives.

I think some of these people honestly did believe in what they were doing, however I think they, like other believers, believed but didn't have any evidence to back up their belief. For them, though, this change in their thinking was a way of doing something with their lives which was better than living a life of crime, and for them, I think they did benefit. I am not completely convinced that if they led others to believe that is the right thing, though, as since I don't believe in the truth behind a belief in God, I think they would be leading these people to something non existent.

The important thing though is whether or not their belief and those they helped to believe made a positive change in how they lived their earthly lives.

I would think, in most cases, that a person who dedicates his life to preaching about a non-existent god, and about the morals that Jesus taught people to live by, is likely a person who is more likely to be a safe person to have running free in society than is a person who dedicates his life to robbing homes, and attacking and hurting other people.

Where the "good" people go bad is when they teach others that other good people are not good people because they don't think the same way that they do.

A Christian who spends his life attending church, doing community work to help those who need help, takes care of his family and friends well, and does not condemn anyone who might not be quite as 'good' as he might expect, is doing no harm, IMO.

A Christian who spends his time campaigning and preaching to have certain people given less rights than others, because those certain people are of another faith, or another skin color, or have been born with a different sexual orientation than the majority, though, is doing a lot of harm, and potentially creating a society which is going to be less than it could or should be.

IMO, all human beings, who mean no harm to others, and who do no harm to others, are of equal worth, and should be treated in the same way - the best way possible.

Life has so many things that humans have to deal with that demands our time, and we need to be dealing with these things in order to continue to survive as a species on this earth, that we cannot and should not be spending our time trying to change people who are being what they are (again I don't mean people who are deliberately doing harm to others - we have to protect ourselves from these people, and that is why we have laws).

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616589 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again for gracing us with your loving words of wisdom.
You are truly a fine example of Jesus' teachings.
I don't believe in turning the other cheek.

Location hidden

#616590 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob who?
Creepy Bob of QF.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#616592 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the point.
How do we "know" the inmates are Christian?
A: They said they are.
And that's good enough for you.
But why are they in prison? They said they are innocent.........
huh
This sort of generalization is very inaccurate and unfair. I have extensive experience with the criminal justice system and prison inmates. Besides my legal work, I have taught inmates in state prisons.

Some offenders never claim innocence, and admit their guilt immediately on arrest. Some even turn themselves in.

Some convicts have been religious all their life. Others feign conversion during their incarceration for personal advantage. Still others truly undergo a religious conversion.(You can find some of these in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.)

Again, each person is an individual. It is very unfair to brand people merely due to their status as a prisoner. I won't get into it now, but there are some good and decent people in our prisons. I met an inmate at a California prison whose cellmate became terminally ill. The inmate cared for his cellmate for six months until the cellmate died. I have never seen such human kindness, devotion and compassion as demonstrated by this guy. And without going into detail, but being aware that some of you will have a skeptic reaction to this story, I can tell you that this inmate had nothing to gain from his actions. He was just doing what he thought was the right thing to do.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616593 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe in turning the other cheek.
We'll have to edit Jesus' teachings.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616594 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Creepy Bob of QF.
Haven't seen him in ages, but I don't understand your reference.

Location hidden

#616595 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll have to edit Jesus' teachings.
I think Jesus would have liked me, prolly wudda called me feisty. I wonder what the Hebrew word for that was back then.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616597 Apr 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked you to think that way. All I was showing is the decline in the US.
Are you considering moving to somewhere that it is not declining, to feel more at home?
Nope. I'm stayin right here in the good ole U S of A.

But that wasn't the point. The point is, Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.

Do you plan to move to a different planet?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616598 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't even need to rely on their word. You need to understand that this isn't an assault on your faith, it's just a simple observation and matter of probability. If we were talking about a muslim country, I would be telling you that there are mostly muslim people in their prisons. I wouldn't even need to look at the data, that's just how it is. As this is a christian country and most people are christian, even the people whose behavior society frowns upon, most of our prisoners are going to be christian.
At least you acknowledge that America is a Christian country.

"As this is a christian country and most people are christian"

You know I find it very strange that none of your buddies took the time to correct and berate and belittle you for saying that.

I know when I say America is a Christian country, they ride my ass for two days. And they don't even buy me a drink!

But that doesn't change the fact that inmates are liars and cons, and I don't understand why you would believe anything they have to say...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616599 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And they have been planning their parole hearing since they first stepped into a church at the age of 12 and asked jesus to come into their heart.
I see where you're going...

You're bigoted towards Christians and are therefore doing what you can to belittle them.

Nice tolerance, timn.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616600 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Soooo, since you think praying is advantageous, would you like ot participate in my "Prayer Experiment"?
Not much on the rules, but since you seem to be "honest" in this regard, then here is an opportunity to prove you are right.
Shall we begin?
Uh......ok

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616601 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues.
They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
http://www.ehow.com/info_8111742_characterist...
I really don't see ANY of the above emanating from any of RR's posts.
So we only have RR's word to go by that he is a Christian.
You can't be serious....

How many times have you called me names like smarmy, stupid, moron, uneducated, ignorant, pedestrian, willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, etc, etc, etc and I have done nothing about it in return? That shows love, empathy, patience meekness AND self-control (something you lack).

And that's just one example.

Care to try shit talking some more?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616602 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
That's it - get rid of your fridge - you don't need it, especially if you want to be "Christ-like".
DO you need an address to donate it to?
How would that be Christ-like?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616603 Apr 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
bring on the so-called 'scientific proof' that Bible believers will need to adjust the 'goal posts' over.
the truth of the matter is that the antichrist scientist/wizards/warlocks are contstantly re-adjusting the goal posts of truth all the while claiming that their gross errors and blasphemy are just 'evolving' scientific theories.
when are you going to get off that train wreck???
"as it was in the days of Noah...."
It was a hypothetical situation, and it was not without good reason. I never said that we have proof that god doesn't exist, but I did say that if we ever were to gain a perfect understanding of the universe and found no god, believers would just say "well, he's outside of our reality." I say this because we have already seen examples of this type of goal post moving throughout history, and more frequently in modern times as mankind has gained a greater and greater understanding of the world around him. Long ago, drought was caused by an unhappy god, earthquakes were caused by an unhappy god, lightning was caused by god, etc.. Now that we understand these phenomena, the idea that god was behind them seems silly, but it took science to wrench such stupid ideas from the hands of dogmatic believers. The same will hold true in the future - as we learn more and more, god will be pushed further and further into "hiding spots" where science can't reach him. It's a clear pattern, and it will continue until people abandon superstitious beliefs.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616604 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to provide the link to that assertion.
You forgot to say that to timn and OCB....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616605 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've put out quite a bit of personal information here, RR.
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
I see none of the above in you or in your posts- no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no gentleness, no goodness, no faithfulness (at least not to your Jesus who you mock here all the time even if you don't realize that...), no meekness and no self-control.
RR, you don't even know what it means to know oneself- remember last week's discussion- and you keep proving how you truly do NOT know yourself- the more I think about it, the more I realize you have one HELLUVA nerve claiming to be Christian.
You must be blind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616606 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've put out quite a bit of personal information here, RR.
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
I see none of the above in you or in your posts- no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no gentleness, no goodness, no faithfulness (at least not to your Jesus who you mock here all the time even if you don't realize that...), no meekness and no self-control.
RR, you don't even know what it means to know oneself- remember last week's discussion- and you keep proving how you truly do NOT know yourself- the more I think about it, the more I realize you have one HELLUVA nerve claiming to be Christian.
And I don't care if YOU see it, I don't.

I only care if God knows it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616607 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's cool RR. Sounds pretty stupid, but we've all fought for dumb reasons. In college, I fought a guy for taking a bite out of my sandwich. I was drunk and he was being a douche, but still, not a proud moment. I think most guys have been in a few regrettable fights over the years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it's a hilarious story, though.
Drunk fights have a better story than road rage fights...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min PadMark 673,026
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 14 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 22 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 28 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 43 min jj is cool 35
More from around the web