Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616601 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues.
They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
http://www.ehow.com/info_8111742_characterist...
I really don't see ANY of the above emanating from any of RR's posts.
So we only have RR's word to go by that he is a Christian.
You can't be serious....

How many times have you called me names like smarmy, stupid, moron, uneducated, ignorant, pedestrian, willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, etc, etc, etc and I have done nothing about it in return? That shows love, empathy, patience meekness AND self-control (something you lack).

And that's just one example.

Care to try shit talking some more?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616602 Apr 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it - get rid of your fridge - you don't need it, especially if you want to be "Christ-like".
DO you need an address to donate it to?
How would that be Christ-like?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616603 Apr 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
bring on the so-called 'scientific proof' that Bible believers will need to adjust the 'goal posts' over.
the truth of the matter is that the antichrist scientist/wizards/warlocks are contstantly re-adjusting the goal posts of truth all the while claiming that their gross errors and blasphemy are just 'evolving' scientific theories.
when are you going to get off that train wreck???
"as it was in the days of Noah...."
It was a hypothetical situation, and it was not without good reason. I never said that we have proof that god doesn't exist, but I did say that if we ever were to gain a perfect understanding of the universe and found no god, believers would just say "well, he's outside of our reality." I say this because we have already seen examples of this type of goal post moving throughout history, and more frequently in modern times as mankind has gained a greater and greater understanding of the world around him. Long ago, drought was caused by an unhappy god, earthquakes were caused by an unhappy god, lightning was caused by god, etc.. Now that we understand these phenomena, the idea that god was behind them seems silly, but it took science to wrench such stupid ideas from the hands of dogmatic believers. The same will hold true in the future - as we learn more and more, god will be pushed further and further into "hiding spots" where science can't reach him. It's a clear pattern, and it will continue until people abandon superstitious beliefs.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616604 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to provide the link to that assertion.
You forgot to say that to timn and OCB....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616605 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've put out quite a bit of personal information here, RR.
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
I see none of the above in you or in your posts- no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no gentleness, no goodness, no faithfulness (at least not to your Jesus who you mock here all the time even if you don't realize that...), no meekness and no self-control.
RR, you don't even know what it means to know oneself- remember last week's discussion- and you keep proving how you truly do NOT know yourself- the more I think about it, the more I realize you have one HELLUVA nerve claiming to be Christian.
You must be blind.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616606 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've put out quite a bit of personal information here, RR.
"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."
I see none of the above in you or in your posts- no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no gentleness, no goodness, no faithfulness (at least not to your Jesus who you mock here all the time even if you don't realize that...), no meekness and no self-control.
RR, you don't even know what it means to know oneself- remember last week's discussion- and you keep proving how you truly do NOT know yourself- the more I think about it, the more I realize you have one HELLUVA nerve claiming to be Christian.
And I don't care if YOU see it, I don't.

I only care if God knows it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616607 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's cool RR. Sounds pretty stupid, but we've all fought for dumb reasons. In college, I fought a guy for taking a bite out of my sandwich. I was drunk and he was being a douche, but still, not a proud moment. I think most guys have been in a few regrettable fights over the years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it's a hilarious story, though.
Drunk fights have a better story than road rage fights...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616608 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, maybe some of them are. But you can't retroactively expunge every single christian convict of their professed religion because some might be trying to game the system. Do you apply the same logic to muslim convicts in america?
I'm not saying (and have never said) that all convicts are lying about their religion.

I just know that the majority are.

Location hidden

#616609 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you acknowledge that America is a Christian country.
"As this is a christian country and most people are christian"
You know I find it very strange that none of your buddies took the time to correct and berate and belittle you for saying that.
I know when I say America is a Christian country, they ride my ass for two days. And they don't even buy me a drink!
But that doesn't change the fact that inmates are liars and cons, and I don't understand why you would believe anything they have to say...
You just ignored the point of my post and latched onto the part that you liked. When I say "christian country," I mean most people in america are christian. Nothing more.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616610 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My second husband used to ask me why I loved him and I never had an answer for that question. Of course, he usually asked me after a highly emotional battle of wills where I tried to get him to leave and he'd talk/cry me into relenting.:-/
It ticks me off when a guy cries to get what he wants. It's so hypocritical.
I sometimes wondered if he had some kind of magical powers but it was probably like you suggest...physical attraction. It couldn't possibly have been something as intangible as *love*.
Probably so. Maybe you loved the way he looked or loved what he did for you (or to you):)

A physical attraction is not necessary for love. It's important, but not necessary.

Location hidden

#616611 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where you're going...
You're bigoted towards Christians and are therefore doing what you can to belittle them.
Nice tolerance, timn.
WTF? Where do you get that? My point is that many people who are religious have been so their whole life, and you can't just retroactively strip someone of their membership card because they become a criminal. If someone resorts to a life of crime, does that mean that everything that came before is a lie? That makes no sense. You can't view people in such a basic way.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616612 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny when someone asking for a fight chickens out when you call their bluff. ;)
That has happened to me a lot.

Sucks.

They get you all riled up and ready to throw down, then run.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#616613 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My second husband used to ask me why I loved him and I never had an answer for that question. Of course, he usually asked me after a highly emotional battle of wills where I tried to get him to leave and he'd talk/cry me into relenting.:-/
It ticks me off when a guy cries to get what he wants. It's so hypocritical.
I sometimes wondered if he had some kind of magical powers but it was probably like you suggest...physical attraction. It couldn't possibly have been something as intangible as *love*.
I believe that People should be loved and things used and not the other way around. Unfortunately, some choose to love things and use people, And that's not healthy for those two involved. Of course there's always attraction. I believe that deep true love has to also have a relationship quality that brings forth this deep love. In this case the love is passionate love with that quality, selflessness and trust on both sides.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616614 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where you're going...
You're bigoted towards Christians and are therefore doing what you can to belittle them.
Nice tolerance, timn.
But... Christopher Hitchens told him to do this. He's a good little acolyte, if nothing else.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616615 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose all those who are "lying about their religious affiliation" are atheist?
Possibly. Maybe ex-Christian, agnostic, whatever.

They know most Americans are religious and believe that God is the way to salvation and peace. And they use that to their advantage.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616616 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious....
How many times have you called me names like smarmy, stupid, moron, uneducated, ignorant, pedestrian, willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, etc, etc, etc and I have done nothing about it in return? That shows love, empathy, patience meekness AND self-control (something you lack).
And that's just one example.
Care to try shit talking some more?
You don't really expect anything but hypocrisy from that POS, do you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616617 Apr 15, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, can I assume that you don't believe that unicorns exist? If that is the case, can you back that up with evidence that they don't exist, or is it just that you don't believe there are such things? Do you therefore have a belief in the absence of unicorns, or is it more likley something that you don't give a whole lot of your time to thinking about?
It is impossible to prove that unicorns don't exist, because they might very well exist somewhere that they have not yet been discovered, or even somewhere outside man's current ability to even find them. So proving they don't exist cannot be possible, if you were to ask someone to do that.
Similarly, if a person doesn't have a belief in a god, or even if he does have a belief that there are no gods (I don't have a belief in a god, but I am not prepared to say that I fully believe that there is not a God or gods, because I am not capable of knowing all that might exist), it is similarly impossible for that person to provide evidence that a god does not exist.
Evidence, in terms that other humans can understand, has to be something that one can show another, so that both can agree that they have seen the 'whatever it is'. "Nothing" is something that would not have any evidence because nothing is not something, therefore one can not show you evidence of nothing.
We are still left with the possibility, however slight, that even if we don't have a belief in a god, or even if we do have a strong belief that there are no gods, that a god could still exist outside our ability to know it. There are places in our known universes that exist billions of light years from earth. Man cannot go to those places to see what is there, because that would require the ability to travel billions of times faster than light, and also as far as light has traveled in billions of years - just impossible (at least now). So there will always be the possibility that something might be out there somewhere which we cannot find evidence for.
At least not with any current means.
Ther are many things in our vocabulary, and things we talk about in life, that are fictional, and no one believes in their existence, yet, they too could exist, outside our ability to see. We cannot prove they don't exist.
We cannot, similarly prove that gods, or your God, don't exist. Those of us who don't have a belief that God or gods exist however have nt seen anything that would make us believe that a God or gods do exist.
For those that do believe that a God or gods exist, if they are to be taken seriously, then it is up to them to show their evidence, because something that does exist and people know it does would have evidence, while something that doesn't exist would not have any evidence.
Simply stating that one believes that something exists, yet not having any evidence to show anyone else, is simply stating a belief.
If you want me to state my lack of belief as a belief, then I will say that I believe that I don't know that any gods exist, and because I need evidence to claim I actually know something, then IMO, likely there are no gods. I can be convinced otherwise.
Unicorns?

Dude, we ain't talking mythology or kiddie stories here, we're talking about God and about religion.

But hey, if that's you thang, go for it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616618 Apr 15, 2013
boooots wrote:
I need evidence to claim I actually know something, then IMO, likely there are no gods. I can be convinced otherwise.
Oh, by the by... I like how some of you have changed your thinking to there's "likely" no gods.

At least you're not an atheist....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#616619 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably so. Maybe you loved the way he looked or loved what he did for you (or to you):)
A physical attraction is not necessary for love. It's important, but not necessary.
I have heard rumors that nano's second husband had a 14-inch personality.

Her third husband paid the price.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#616620 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm stayin right here in the good ole U S of A.
But that wasn't the point. The point is, Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
Do you plan to move to a different planet?
Citation please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min River Tam 37,096
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,786
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web