Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#616524 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't get his license plate number, he got mine.
I got arrested.
I did wrong.
And I learned a valuable lesson about patience.
Nicely done, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616525 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:

Also, I don't care what religion our convicts follow. That doesn't matter to me one bit. I'm simply stating a fact
No.

You're stating that the convicts are Christian.

You're NOT stating that they say they're Christian, just that they are.

The fact is - most convicts claim to be Christian AFTER INCARCERATION.

That should be very telling....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616526 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I would consider someone breaking my window a threat. I've gotten into fights over less. Wouldn't you consider someone breaking your window a threat?
Derp.

Yes.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention.

He broke my windshield first. I felt like I was exacting revenge.

Plus he was a loudmouth little bitch that couldn't back up his "big man" words.

He asked for it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616527 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are the one claiming the convicts are telling the truth ONLY to help you feel better about not being a Christian.
It's sad and pathetic, timn...
Seems to me that the point is why you find it so hard to believe that a great percentage of prison inmates are Christian and were Christian before being sent to prison.

It's not as if people who are of one religion or another don't commit crimes, RR. They do.

That doesn't mean their professing to believe in a god is any less sincere than your professing to believe in a god.

Good and bad in ALL groups of people, RR- and that include Christians. Christians commit crimes. Christians who commit crimes and get caught often get sent to prison.

The majority of the population of prison inmates IS Christian and if anything, many of those who were Christian BEFORE they went to prison may be converting to OTHER religions while IN prison.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616528 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
What you say is fact, is not.

If you insist that it is, back it up because as of right now, that is only your opinion and/or an item on your wish list.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616529 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are the one claiming the convicts are telling the truth ONLY to help you feel better about not being a Christian.
It's sad and pathetic, timn...
RR, your projection is so transparent a first year psych student could spot it from a mile away. I have no dog in this fight. You do. You are the one arguing against the facts that we have, with no proof, because it is hard for you to admit that christian criminals even exist.

I do not care if they are christian or not. That is what they self identify as. We live in a christian society - it makes sense that our convicts would be christian. You can't just draw some arbitrary line where people stop being christian once they behave a certain way. That is absurd. Would you say that in muslim countries that their muslim convicts aren't really muslim? What about in jewish countries? Buddhist?

And really, why would I need to "feel better" about not being a christian? That is so unbelievably ethnocentric that it's surprising even coming from you, Mr. hoo raa america.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616530 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp.
Yes.
He asked for it.
Wow- this post kinda cancels out the one where you admitted to wrongdoing....

RR, you sound like a little kid. "He did it first!"

And really- "exacting revenge"??

Yeah- this post of yours DEFINITELY cancels out the other one....

WOW.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616531 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Thou shall not strike while thou heart is hot, but remembereth the face of thy transgressor, to be cleansed with holy fire on the day of HIS reckoning."
Ecclesiastes 21:3
There is no Ecclesiastes 21:3.

Ecclesiastes ends at 12.

LMMFAO!

Location hidden

#616532 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp.
Yes.
He asked for it.
Well, he didn't run up to your window with a club. What he did was certainly obnoxious, and he probably even deserved an ass beating, but I wouldn't consider spitting up rocks to be a threat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616533 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
Seems to me that the point is why you find it so hard to believe that a great percentage of prison inmates are Christian and were Christian before being sent to prison.
It's not as if people who are of one religion or another don't commit crimes, RR. They do.
That doesn't mean their professing to believe in a god is any less sincere than your professing to believe in a god.
Good and bad in ALL groups of people, RR- and that include Christians. Christians commit crimes. Christians who commit crimes and get caught often get sent to prison.
The majority of the population of prison inmates IS Christian and if anything, many of those who were Christian BEFORE they went to prison may be converting to OTHER religions while IN prison.
Just because a person claims to be Christian does not mean that they are.

When convicts speak, they're typically lying.

I guarantee you that if any of them are Christian, which I'm sure some are, it's a much smaller number than what's reported.

Convicts lie about so many things in prison, why would you believe them about their religion?

A: You think it helps your cause.

Well, I guess when an inmate says he didn't do it, you believe him, right?

And when he says he's part of no gangs? Gotta be the truth! The inmate said so!

Give me a fluckin break.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616534 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. F_ck off.
Here's a neat idea - How about YOU back up YOUR claim before telling me to back up mine?
Oops, never mind. That's violate the atheist rules of debate....
"Texas Department of Criminal Justice, 1999
Source: Peggy Fikac. "More prison inmates say they're Baptist than any other religion." Associated Press (The Abilene Reporter-News)

Baptist 39,781 30.3%
Unknown* 28,890 22.0%
Catholic 23,637 18.0%
Other 39,009 29.7%
----------
Total 131,316 100.0%

* Unknown: "22 percent are categorized as 'unknown,' representing inmates who didn't say or didn't care when asked for their religious denomination." Most of these would be classified functionally in the "nonreligious" category.

* Other: "The rest of the inmates are divided among the categories of Christian Church, Methodist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, Muslim, Protestant, Jewish, non-denominational, no religious preference and other."

Bill Johnson... and his second wife, Donna, co-teach Rebuilders, Prestonwood Baptist's ministry to remarried couples... Mr. Johnson is also a therapist and federal probation officer. His work experience has caused him to note that it's awfully popular to be Baptist.

********"When I interview criminals going into prison****** or coming out of prison, most of them are Baptists," he said, laughing. "Everybody seems to be a Baptist, even if they're not religious or Christian."

"National Census of the Jail Population, 1995

According to the DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics (National Census of the Jail Population 12/31/95),*****while 72% affirmed affiliation with religious institutions (determined through answers to the question on "Religious Background" on the Penal entrance form) only 54% of Federal and State Prisoners actually consider themselves religious,******* and 33% can be confirmed to be practicing their religion.

This is demonstrated by attendance records at religious services, which averaged anywhere between 30% and 40%, depending upon the time of year and the institution in question (and who was preaching). These figures are comparable to the national average as establish by the Gallup organization.[Source: Response to "Christians vs atheists in prison investigation".]

http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison.html

Still, 54% is a LOT, RR.

And please- don't try to now state that Baptists aren't really Christians.

It didn't work when you tried to pull that stunt about Catholics and it won't work now.

Location hidden

#616535 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Where do you get this information? That doesn't even make any sense. In a country that is predominantly christian, we would expect our convicts to also be predominantly christian.

Also, wiki seems to think that most conversions that take place in prison are to islam, not christianity. 80%. That doesn't leave much room for christian conversions after the point of incarceration, meaning that most christians in jail were already christian. Big surprise, I know, considering we live in a christian country and all. Who coulda seen that coming?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616536 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you that if any of them are Christian, which I'm sure some are, it's a much smaller number than what's reported.
Convicts lie about so many things in prison, why would you believe them about their religion?
Give me a fluckin break.
See post below this one.

At least I provided something to back up the claim that most people DO have a religious affiliation BEFORE being sent to prison.

What do YOU have to prove or show otherwise other than your opinion?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616537 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What you say is fact, is not.
If you insist that it is, back it up because as of right now, that is only your opinion and/or an item on your wish list.
Prison life is full of Oscar-worthy moments. It's called deceptology.

Hardened inmates should be in the movies, they can even cry on cue...

They get good at deception because people like you believe them. They hope someone like you is on their parole hearing.

Location hidden

#616538 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a fluckin break.
Why does this information threaten you so much? I'd like to see some evidence for your claim that most christian convicts convert after going to jail. So far, the only info I can find on the subject contradicts your claim, in that most conversions are to islam.

Most convicts in the us are christian, RR. You just have to live with that, it's really not that big of a deal. Most people in the US are christian, so most of our prisoners are likely to be christian. Not complicated. What, do you think that your religion is so special that it prevents people from committing crime? Don't be stupid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616539 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
RR, your projection is so transparent a first year psych student could spot it from a mile away. I have no dog in this fight. You do. You are the one arguing against the facts that we have, with no proof, because it is hard for you to admit that christian criminals even exist.
Ya, I get that. But what "facts" do we have here? The word of convicts?

And you say that's good enough for you?

Lol, ok.

It's very easy for me to admit their are Christians in prison. Watch: there are Christians in prison.

But I know the "75%-ish of the are Christian" is bullshit.
I do not care if they are christian or not. That is what they self identify as. We live in a christian society - it makes sense that our convicts would be christian. You can't just draw some arbitrary line where people stop being christian once they behave a certain way. That is absurd. Would you say that in muslim countries that their muslim convicts aren't really muslim? What about in jewish countries? Buddhist?
And really, why would I need to "feel better" about not being a christian? That is so unbelievably ethnocentric that it's surprising even coming from you, Mr. hoo raa america.
Then admit that convicts and criminals are lying, deceptive people.

Maybe then you can begin to understand what I'm saying.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616540 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a fluckin break.
I could apply your first sentence to YOU, RR.

I've even told you that you are a WANNABE Christian. You certainly don't practice or even preach any sort of "Christian charity" and if anything, you all too often come off as very UNChristian.

You have very little regard for your fellow man or for the plight of your fellow man, very little regard or concern for the "human condition" as a whole......

You really don't sound like a "real Christian" to me, RR. Sorry, but you just don't.

You lack in humility, compassion, empathy, understanding.....all the things that your Jesus embraced, taught, preached and practiced.

So......as I said, the very first sentence of this post of yours could very aptly be applied to you.

And you are in no position to state that a convict upon entering prison who claims to be a Christian believes he or she is any less fervently than you believe YOU are a Christian.
Beams

East Bernstadt, KY

#616541 Apr 15, 2013
I curse God every day for taking my store from me!!!. I also curse The Holy Spirit!!!. HAHA!!!. I love it, I love it!!!. Zeoy zeoy zeoy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616542 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison life is full of Oscar-worthy moments. It's called deceptology.
Hardened inmates should be in the movies, they can even cry on cue...
They get good at deception because people like you believe them. They hope someone like you is on their parole hearing.
LOL! It's not that I believe them, RR. It's that facts are facts.

WhatEVER- what I find amusing is how you think you know so much about hardened criminals, how they feel, what they think, that they cry on cue.......how the F*CK do you know so much about hardened inmates?

Are you a warden, or a prison psychologist or even a guard that you know SO much about hardened criminals?

Or are those the type of people you associate with and gravitate towards?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616543 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- this post kinda cancels out the one where you admitted to wrongdoing....
RR, you sound like a little kid. "He did it first!"
And really- "exacting revenge"??
Yeah- this post of yours DEFINITELY cancels out the other one....
WOW.
What?!

The best way to learn from mistakes is first admitting and acknowledging you made a mistake.

I wasn't justifying it, just explaining it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min LAWEST100 667,941
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 5 min Rao 266
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min crucifiedguy 286,083
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 92,715
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 183,629
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 619,219
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
More from around the web