Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616317 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion in china doesn't seem all that big a deal either. Especially christianity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Chin...
You might be happy in china...

"The People's Republic of China was established 1 October 1949. Its government is officially atheist, having viewed religion as emblematic of feudalism and foreign colonialism ... a massive number of places of worship were destroyed."

No freedom.
No choice.

Nice.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#616318 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me exactly what I said Pokay, that it's rather like adding a unproven hypothetical element to something we cannot answer to begin with. But what you don't understand is that neuroscience is answering the questions without adding a new hypothetical element.
But like gravity we may never fully understand how our consciousness works.
So the link you posted tells us that science has admitted we cannot even study consciousness yet you go on and on alluding to us knowing something concrete about the mechanism of it.

What has it answered big guy? What? Give me something already; all you're giving me is "we have some answers". What answers do we have? What? Give me a piece of the mechanism oh wise one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616319 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Riverside, I can see I'm only going to get an ulcer dealing with you because being content with your own lack of clues leaves you LOTS of free time while the rest of us have to actually maintain our smarts by honing them elsewhere before coming here and blunting them against your dull surface.
I have MUCH more evidence that my mother loves me than simply having to take her word for it. No surprise that your analogy is as stupid as the person making it.
"Sure sure".
Your concession is noted and accepted.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616320 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
Of course every criminal with a long rap sheet is a bad guy.
WTF are you talking about?!?
You literally just said that you don't believe career criminals who say they are christian, implying that you think they are liars.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616321 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said.
Also, there seems to be plenty of evidence of that, so I could easily have made that claim and have the evidence to back it up.
I'm waiting....

Provide said evidence.

Prove your claim that I am "probably not awesome".

LMAO

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616322 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
No no... Since the evidence of both god and the easter bunny are precisely the same (ie: none) both claims should be treated as equally meritorious.
I've taken you at your request literally and will gladly teach you as much as you want. Learn it.
Learn that the evidence for God and the Easter Bunny are the same?!?

O_o

Oh, I gotsta see THIS evidence.

Ready?
Set.
Go.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616323 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Did I neatly avoid that?
I missed your response.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616324 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ah well..... It's enough for me to know that if stupidity was a criminal offense you would be serving several concurrent life sentences with absolutely no chance of parole.... That stupidity such as you display is not against the law makes it no less criminal.
Your concession is also noted and accepted.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616325 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I said.

Also, there seems to be plenty of evidence of that, so I could easily have made that claim and have the evidence to back it up.
RR has stated that he is awesome.

It was before you came on, but I can assure you he has made the claim at least once.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616326 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You literally just said that you don't believe career criminals who say they are christian, implying that you think they are liars.
What does that have to do with your statement that criminals with long rap sheets aren't necessarily bad guys?

For the record, I don't believe ANYTHING a career criminal has to say.

Why?

Because they've made a career out of being a criminal. They've spent a lot of time and thought trying to figure out how to NOT get caught.

Why do you believe them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616327 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your response.
Did you adjust your scope? Is it a Nikon?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616328 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>For Texas, that gives it's residents a tenth of a square mile per person.

That's about 6-1/2 acres PER person.

That's enough land to grow a few potatoes...
Now look up arable land.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616329 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ah well..... It's enough for me to know that if stupidity was a criminal offense you would be serving several concurrent life sentences with absolutely no chance of parole.... That stupidity such as you display is not against the law makes it no less criminal.
He has the right to remain stupid.
OCB

Sarasota, FL

#616330 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concession is also noted and accepted.
No concession.

In your first recent post about your criminal past you said you were charged with a felony and spent some time in jail.

In that post you did not say the charges were dropped and Catcher asked you how you were legally able to still own guns which strongly implies that I am not the only one who assumed you had been convicted of said felony charges.

Fine- so you weren't convicted; however, the post to which you are responding doesn't "concede" anything.

If there is any concession here it is you conceding that such stupidity as you display should be a criminal offense.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616331 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>My point is this; speculating that consciousness is a molecular phenomenon is just as "wildly speculating" as considering a quantum mechanism for it. So if I can't speculate that it is quantum then you can't speculate it is molecular. That isn't hard to understand, is it?
Ever since I started here years ago, "you guys" have insisted that consciousness is clearly emergent of matter (on the molecular level). According to your terms, that would be considered as wild speculation.
Speculate away dude. I don't care. I "believe" in a material consciousness, but it's mysterious nature allows for many explanations. If consciousness is dependent on quantum phenomena, it still is somehow dependent on physical structures, anyway. The only way I can see the quantum hypothesis holding any water is if the brain only exists to act as a medium between the quantum world and the macro world.
Largelanguage

Flint, UK

#616332 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you manage to preserve food long enough without a celler or a fridge? LONG ENOUGH are the key words pinhead! Don't come back with a silly response such as "fridges and cellers aren't the only way to preserve food, derp".
Largelanguage

Flint, UK

#616333 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said tribal africans, idiot! And even tribal africans wouldn't always have enough food! Africans mainly die from illnesses, relating to not having enough food, so they have fairly short life spans, moron!

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#616334 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So the link you posted tells us that science has admitted we cannot even study consciousness yet you go on and on alluding to us knowing something concrete about the mechanism of it.
What has it answered big guy? What? Give me something already; all you're giving me is "we have some answers". What answers do we have? What? Give me a piece of the mechanism oh wise one.
We can see thought processes happening in the brain in real time.
So much so we can even tell what the person is thinking about by seeing it. We can also capture the visual activity and reconstruct
it into a video.

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-reconst...
OCB

United States

#616335 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He has the right to remain stupid.
And a right he vehemently defends every time he speaks- or writes- as the case may be.....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616336 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Learn that the evidence for God and the Easter Bunny are the same?!?

O_o

Oh, I gotsta see THIS evidence.

Ready?
Set.
Go.
Wanna see it again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are Mexicans Taking Over America (May '13) 18 min Johnny 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min bibomartcpn 272,471
Yanbu Gays 24 min abahabah 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min karl44 600,247
Pakistani cuckold needs help!!! (Dec '13) 52 min Paki Cuck 5
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,137
Best Health Insurance in India 1 hr crizjohn 1
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr imr 48
White Lives MATTER 5 hr Johnny 133
More from around the web