Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616559 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<
And right you are- and RR is the first to say that the majority of Americans are Christian; in fact, that IS what he says to back up his claim that the USA is a "Christian" nation......so of course logic dictates that the majority of prisoners are Christian.
I never said anything close to that, did I?

Nope, I've actually said just the opposite - that there are Christians in prison; Christians that do wrong.

But I know inmates lie constantly. About everything, which includes religious affiliation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616560 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What other way am I to determine if a convict is christian or not? Read his mind? Faith is faith, it's not a fucking badge you wear on your shoulder. What are you talking about?
*rubs temples*

That inmates are liars.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#616561 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, I forgot you too.
Sorry, I didn't know that America represented he world's population....
My bad.
I never asked you to think that way. All I was showing is the decline in the US.

Are you considering moving to somewhere that it is not declining, to feel more at home?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616562 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the point.
How do we "know" the inmates are Christian?
A: They said they are.
And that's good enough for you.
But why are they in prison? They said they are innocent.........
huh
I don't even need to rely on their word. You need to understand that this isn't an assault on your faith, it's just a simple observation and matter of probability. If we were talking about a muslim country, I would be telling you that there are mostly muslim people in their prisons. I wouldn't even need to look at the data, that's just how it is. As this is a christian country and most people are christian, even the people whose behavior society frowns upon, most of our prisoners are going to be christian.

Albuquerque, NM

#616563 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I guess you think air conditioning and the Internet are necessities too, huh?
They aren't?

Thanks for ruining my Spring.

Albuquerque, NM

#616564 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God hears the prayers of those who keep His commandments and do His will. Our prayers are hindered when there is a lack of a repentant spirit.
You must be sincere and believe that God has the power to do what you ask Him to do.
If you're not sincere with God, He will "ignore" you.
2 Chronicles 7:14;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
Soooo, since you think praying is advantageous, would you like ot participate in my "Prayer Experiment"?

Not much on the rules, but since you seem to be "honest" in this regard, then here is an opportunity to prove you are right.

Shall we begin?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616565 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- you WERE attempting to justify it- you said the guy "asked for it".
That is an attempt to justify that you made the CHOICE of your own free will to resort to violence and criminal violence at that and violence in which the person in the car could have been very seriously injured.
That he was NOT is NOT the point. Even YOU should know that. Sad that apparently, you don't.
You said he "asked for it". Again- that is your justification for the mistake you made.
If you truly felt you were wrong to have done what you did, you would say that in hindsight (at the very least) you realize there was no excuse or justification for what you did- including your claim that he was "asking for it".
He DID ask for it. Actually, he asked for more. He was screaming and cussing at me on the freeway. He threatened to kick my ass and to "PULL OVER, ASSHOLE!"

I did, I pulled over, so did he.

Then he chickened out and took off.

Big mouth, small courage.

You can't just go around screaming at someone and threading to fight and not expect some dirt if retaliation.

But all on all, I screwed up, I let my anger get the best of me.

Nowadays, it wouldn't even escalate to screaming at each other. I've learned patience.

(that's why I can put up with all your name calling and rants without blowing up at you)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#616566 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What other way am I to determine if a convict is christian or not? Read his mind? Faith is faith, it's not a fucking badge you wear on your shoulder. What are you talking about?
If anything, based on the information I've read, the pressure to convert is high in prison, but it's a pressure to convert to islam, not christianity.
As usual, RR is simply resorting to moronic and totally baseless stereotyping.

No doubt a LOT of hardened criminals lie in prison and lie about a LOT.

But that is not to say they lie about EVERYTHING or even that the majority of them lie about their religious affiliations upon entering the penal system or that they didn't perceive themselves to be 100% Christian prior to committing the crime and prior to incarceration.

Now RR claims he is Christian. What other way do we have to determine if he is a Christian or not other than taking HIS word for it?

Personally, I do NOT take RR's word for it- he doesn't conduct himself in a Christian manner- at least not on this thread, and from what he has said about his real life (though Topix seems to BE his real life and his WHOLE life....)he doesn't behave in a Christian manner there, either.

"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues.

They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."

http://www.ehow.com/info_8111742_characterist...

I really don't see ANY of the above emanating from any of RR's posts.

So we only have RR's word to go by that he is a Christian.

Albuquerque, NM

#616567 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ME looking to argue?? You two are bickering foolishly about whether or not a fridge is a necessity....
Necessity:
noun
The fact of being required or indispensable.
Required:
adjective
Essential; indispensable
Indispensable:
adjective
Absolutely necessary
WTF?
A refrigerator is NOT a necessity, it's a luxury. A luxury that many people, including myself, enjoy.
Luxury:
noun
An inessential, desirable item
That's it - get rid of your fridge - you don't need it, especially if you want to be "Christ-like".

DO you need an address to donate it to?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#616568 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No.

You're stating that the convicts are Christian.

You're NOT stating that they say they're Christian, just that they are.

The fact is - most convicts claim to be Christian AFTER INCARCERATION.

That should be very telling....
You forgot to provide the link to that assertion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616569 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dr Phil.
But you don't know me at all.
Can I get my parking validated?
You've put out quite a bit of personal information here, RR.

"Galatians 5:22-23 offers a good list of Christian virtues. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. These are known as the fruit of the Spirit and show the characteristics that Christians should have. Although there are many characteristics that Christians should have, there are a few virtues that stand above the rest."

http://www.ehow.com/info_8111742_characterist...

I see none of the above in you or in your posts- no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no gentleness, no goodness, no faithfulness (at least not to your Jesus who you mock here all the time even if you don't realize that...), no meekness and no self-control.

RR, you don't even know what it means to know oneself- remember last week's discussion- and you keep proving how you truly do NOT know yourself- the more I think about it, the more I realize you have one HELLUVA nerve claiming to be Christian.

Location hidden

#616570 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, true, true. I know.
If the same thing happened today, I'd get pissed, but probably do nothing in return.
But it can't happen. That experience helped me overcome my rage & anger problems.
Honestly, it was seeing my son through glass (when my wife cane to visit) that hit me the hardest.
I cannot happen again. I'm better than that.
It's cool RR. Sounds pretty stupid, but we've all fought for dumb reasons. In college, I fought a guy for taking a bite out of my sandwich. I was drunk and he was being a douche, but still, not a proud moment. I think most guys have been in a few regrettable fights over the years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it's a hilarious story, though.

Location hidden

#616571 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*rubs temples*
That inmates are liars.
Sure, maybe some of them are. But you can't retroactively expunge every single christian convict of their professed religion because some might be trying to game the system. Do you apply the same logic to muslim convicts in america?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616572 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He DID ask for it. Actually, he asked for more. He was screaming and cussing at me on the freeway. He threatened to kick my ass and to "PULL OVER, ASSHOLE!"
You can't just go around screaming at someone and threading to fight and not expect some dirt if retaliation.
Nowadays, it wouldn't even escalate to screaming at each other. I've learned patience.
(that's why I can put up with all your name calling and rants without blowing up at you)
Blah, blah, blah.....and yeah- RR, you DO blow up at me- not that I give a rat's Aunt Fanny because I don't......just pointing out that you're lying- AGAIN.

BTW- if someone is screaming at you and threatening to fight the person being screamed at has a choice- they can always walk AWAY.

THAT is what clear-headed and level-thinking mature people do.

And that is also what law-abiding citizens do. And then they call the police.

Eh- whatever, RR......you're a hothead. Let it go at that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616573 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just saying.. for all I know your info is right. It's really hard to pin down.
Doesn't matter either way.....I wasn't disputing the 75% figure......

Anyway, we know what the point is; RR does not. Or is pretending he doesn't. Or doesn't want to admit he does.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#616574 Apr 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing that the state of semi-dead that this thread exists in doesn't have the same effect as an NDE.

http://www.livescience.com/28472-near-death-e...

I'd hate to have my brain gummed up with permanent, vivid memories of every worthless post on here.
Hello nano.

I'd just like to say that it's your examples of wisdom, patience, tolerance and kindness that set the bar for all others on these threads.

It's you that provides the strongest evidence that those blessed with the light of god are truly special.

Thank you for being exactly what god expects you to be.

Seriously.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#616575 Apr 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>"The point is, there is no point where we will be so technologically advanced that believers will go "welp, guess the search is over"

bring it on, timmy!

meanwhile the poor rebellious butt-boys of the devil are missing the 'Point of Truth' and going to a Christ-less eternity.....
Meh.

He's kind of boring anyway.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616576 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why....
(.Y.)
My second husband used to ask me why I loved him and I never had an answer for that question. Of course, he usually asked me after a highly emotional battle of wills where I tried to get him to leave and he'd talk/cry me into relenting.:-/
It ticks me off when a guy cries to get what he wants. It's so hypocritical.

I sometimes wondered if he had some kind of magical powers but it was probably like you suggest...physical attraction. It couldn't possibly have been something as intangible as *love*.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#616577 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>See.. detect.. semantics at this point. If he's inside of space then shouldn't we have found some sort of evidence of him by now? Or does he intentionally hide all traces to mess with us?
If the Bible is not enough for you, foot prints in the sand would mean little.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616578 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny when someone asking for a fight chickens out when you call their bluff. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min wherearethegods 690,403
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min wherearethegods 41,851
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 2 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 10 hr Big Al 565
our STORE is starting on politics 13 hr Kill Your Television 3
More from around the web