Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616535 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You're stating that the convicts are Christian.
You're NOT stating that they say they're Christian, just that they are.
The fact is - most convicts claim to be Christian AFTER INCARCERATION.
That should be very telling....
Where do you get this information? That doesn't even make any sense. In a country that is predominantly christian, we would expect our convicts to also be predominantly christian.

Also, wiki seems to think that most conversions that take place in prison are to islam, not christianity. 80%. That doesn't leave much room for christian conversions after the point of incarceration, meaning that most christians in jail were already christian. Big surprise, I know, considering we live in a christian country and all. Who coulda seen that coming?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#616536 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a person claims to be Christian does not mean that they are.
When convicts speak, they're typically lying.
I guarantee you that if any of them are Christian, which I'm sure some are, it's a much smaller number than what's reported.
Convicts lie about so many things in prison, why would you believe them about their religion?
A: You think it helps your cause.
Well, I guess when an inmate says he didn't do it, you believe him, right?
And when he says he's part of no gangs? Gotta be the truth! The inmate said so!
Give me a fluckin break.
See post below this one.

At least I provided something to back up the claim that most people DO have a religious affiliation BEFORE being sent to prison.

What do YOU have to prove or show otherwise other than your opinion?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616537 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What you say is fact, is not.
If you insist that it is, back it up because as of right now, that is only your opinion and/or an item on your wish list.
Prison life is full of Oscar-worthy moments. It's called deceptology.

Hardened inmates should be in the movies, they can even cry on cue...

They get good at deception because people like you believe them. They hope someone like you is on their parole hearing.

Location hidden

#616538 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you that if any of them are Christian, which I'm sure some are, it's a much smaller number than what's reported.
Convicts lie about so many things in prison, why would you believe them about their religion?
Give me a fluckin break.
Why does this information threaten you so much? I'd like to see some evidence for your claim that most christian convicts convert after going to jail. So far, the only info I can find on the subject contradicts your claim, in that most conversions are to islam.

Most convicts in the us are christian, RR. You just have to live with that, it's really not that big of a deal. Most people in the US are christian, so most of our prisoners are likely to be christian. Not complicated. What, do you think that your religion is so special that it prevents people from committing crime? Don't be stupid.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616539 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
RR, your projection is so transparent a first year psych student could spot it from a mile away. I have no dog in this fight. You do. You are the one arguing against the facts that we have, with no proof, because it is hard for you to admit that christian criminals even exist.
Ya, I get that. But what "facts" do we have here? The word of convicts?

And you say that's good enough for you?

Lol, ok.

It's very easy for me to admit their are Christians in prison. Watch: there are Christians in prison.

But I know the "75%-ish of the are Christian" is bullshit.
I do not care if they are christian or not. That is what they self identify as. We live in a christian society - it makes sense that our convicts would be christian. You can't just draw some arbitrary line where people stop being christian once they behave a certain way. That is absurd. Would you say that in muslim countries that their muslim convicts aren't really muslim? What about in jewish countries? Buddhist?
And really, why would I need to "feel better" about not being a christian? That is so unbelievably ethnocentric that it's surprising even coming from you, Mr. hoo raa america.
Then admit that convicts and criminals are lying, deceptive people.

Maybe then you can begin to understand what I'm saying.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616540 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a fluckin break.
I could apply your first sentence to YOU, RR.

I've even told you that you are a WANNABE Christian. You certainly don't practice or even preach any sort of "Christian charity" and if anything, you all too often come off as very UNChristian.

You have very little regard for your fellow man or for the plight of your fellow man, very little regard or concern for the "human condition" as a whole......

You really don't sound like a "real Christian" to me, RR. Sorry, but you just don't.

You lack in humility, compassion, empathy, understanding.....all the things that your Jesus embraced, taught, preached and practiced.

So......as I said, the very first sentence of this post of yours could very aptly be applied to you.

And you are in no position to state that a convict upon entering prison who claims to be a Christian believes he or she is any less fervently than you believe YOU are a Christian.
Beams

East Bernstadt, KY

#616541 Apr 15, 2013
I curse God every day for taking my store from me!!!. I also curse The Holy Spirit!!!. HAHA!!!. I love it, I love it!!!. Zeoy zeoy zeoy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616542 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They get good at deception because people like you believe them. They hope someone like you is on their parole hearing.
LOL! It's not that I believe them, RR. It's that facts are facts.

WhatEVER- what I find amusing is how you think you know so much about hardened criminals, how they feel, what they think, that they cry on cue.......how the F*CK do you know so much about hardened inmates?

Are you a warden, or a prison psychologist or even a guard that you know SO much about hardened criminals?

Or are those the type of people you associate with and gravitate towards?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616543 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- this post kinda cancels out the one where you admitted to wrongdoing....
RR, you sound like a little kid. "He did it first!"
And really- "exacting revenge"??
Yeah- this post of yours DEFINITELY cancels out the other one....
WOW.
What?!

The best way to learn from mistakes is first admitting and acknowledging you made a mistake.

I wasn't justifying it, just explaining it.

Location hidden

#616544 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Texas Department of Criminal Justice, 1999
Source: Peggy Fikac. "More prison inmates say they're Baptist than any other religion." Associated Press (The Abilene Reporter-News)
Baptist 39,781 30.3%
Unknown* 28,890 22.0%
Catholic 23,637 18.0%
Other 39,009 29.7%
----------
Total 131,316 100.0%
* Unknown: "22 percent are categorized as 'unknown,' representing inmates who didn't say or didn't care when asked for their religious denomination." Most of these would be classified functionally in the "nonreligious" category.
* Other: "The rest of the inmates are divided among the categories of Christian Church, Methodist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, Muslim, Protestant, Jewish, non-denominational, no religious preference and other."
Bill Johnson... and his second wife, Donna, co-teach Rebuilders, Prestonwood Baptist's ministry to remarried couples... Mr. Johnson is also a therapist and federal probation officer. His work experience has caused him to note that it's awfully popular to be Baptist.
********"When I interview criminals going into prison****** or coming out of prison, most of them are Baptists," he said, laughing. "Everybody seems to be a Baptist, even if they're not religious or Christian."
"National Census of the Jail Population, 1995
According to the DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics (National Census of the Jail Population 12/31/95),*****while 72% affirmed affiliation with religious institutions (determined through answers to the question on "Religious Background" on the Penal entrance form) only 54% of Federal and State Prisoners actually consider themselves religious,******* and 33% can be confirmed to be practicing their religion.
This is demonstrated by attendance records at religious services, which averaged anywhere between 30% and 40%, depending upon the time of year and the institution in question (and who was preaching). These figures are comparable to the national average as establish by the Gallup organization.[Source: Response to "Christians vs atheists in prison investigation".]
http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison.html
Still, 54% is a LOT, RR.
And please- don't try to now state that Baptists aren't really Christians.
It didn't work when you tried to pull that stunt about Catholics and it won't work now.
The information I've seen usually claims closer to 75% when considering all christian denominations.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616545 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does this information threaten you so much? I'd like to see some evidence for your claim that most christian convicts convert after going to jail. So far, the only info I can find on the subject contradicts your claim, in that most conversions are to islam.
Most convicts in the us are christian, RR. You just have to live with that, it's really not that big of a deal. Most people in the US are christian, so most of our prisoners are likely to be christian. Not complicated. What, do you think that your religion is so special that it prevents people from committing crime? Don't be stupid.
It's amazing!!! You are correct- in prison, it is mostly Christians who are converting to Islam, but who were Christian PRIOR to going to prison.

And right you are- and RR is the first to say that the majority of Americans are Christian; in fact, that IS what he says to back up his claim that the USA is a "Christian" nation......so of course logic dictates that the majority of prisoners are Christian.

RR seems to think that Christians are perfect and are above committing crimes or doing any jail or prison time.....

Just further proof that RR is no Christian- LOL!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616546 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The information I've seen usually claims closer to 75% when considering all christian denominations.
Fair enough.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616547 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he didn't run up to your window with a club. What he did was certainly obnoxious, and he probably even deserved an ass beating, but I wouldn't consider spitting up rocks to be a threat.
True, true, true. I know.

If the same thing happened today, I'd get pissed, but probably do nothing in return.

But it can't happen. That experience helped me overcome my rage & anger problems.

Honestly, it was seeing my son through glass (when my wife cane to visit) that hit me the hardest.

I cannot happen again. I'm better than that.

Location hidden

#616548 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I get that. But what "facts" do we have here? The word of convicts?
And you say that's good enough for you?
Lol, ok.
It's very easy for me to admit their are Christians in prison. Watch: there are Christians in prison.
But I know the "75%-ish of the are Christian" is bullshit.
<quoted text>
Then admit that convicts and criminals are lying, deceptive people.
Maybe then you can begin to understand what I'm saying.
What other way am I to determine if a convict is christian or not? Read his mind? Faith is faith, it's not a fucking badge you wear on your shoulder. What are you talking about?

If anything, based on the information I've read, the pressure to convert is high in prison, but it's a pressure to convert to islam, not christianity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616549 Apr 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Texas Department of Criminal Justice, 1999
Source: Peggy Fikac. "More prison inmates say they're Baptist than any other religion." Associated Press (The Abilene Reporter-News)
Baptist 39,781 30.3%
Unknown* 28,890 22.0%
Catholic 23,637 18.0%
Other 39,009 29.7%
----------
Total 131,316 100.0%
* Unknown: "22 percent are categorized as 'unknown,' representing inmates who didn't say or didn't care when asked for their religious denomination." Most of these would be classified functionally in the "nonreligious" category.
* Other: "The rest of the inmates are divided among the categories of Christian Church, Methodist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, Muslim, Protestant, Jewish, non-denominational, no religious preference and other."
Bill Johnson... and his second wife, Donna, co-teach Rebuilders, Prestonwood Baptist's ministry to remarried couples... Mr. Johnson is also a therapist and federal probation officer. His work experience has caused him to note that it's awfully popular to be Baptist.
********"When I interview criminals going into prison****** or coming out of prison, most of them are Baptists," he said, laughing. "Everybody seems to be a Baptist, even if they're not religious or Christian."
"National Census of the Jail Population, 1995
According to the DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics (National Census of the Jail Population 12/31/95),*****while 72% affirmed affiliation with religious institutions (determined through answers to the question on "Religious Background" on the Penal entrance form) only 54% of Federal and State Prisoners actually consider themselves religious,******* and 33% can be confirmed to be practicing their religion.
This is demonstrated by attendance records at religious services, which averaged anywhere between 30% and 40%, depending upon the time of year and the institution in question (and who was preaching). These figures are comparable to the national average as establish by the Gallup organization.[Source: Response to "Christians vs atheists in prison investigation".]
http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison.html
Still, 54% is a LOT, RR.
And please- don't try to now state that Baptists aren't really Christians.
It didn't work when you tried to pull that stunt about Catholics and it won't work now.
It has nothing to do with the "real Christian" thing.

It has to do with lying inmates.

Please OCB, never get employed with the prison system. They'd walk all over you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616550 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!
The best way to learn from mistakes is first admitting and acknowledging you made a mistake.
I wasn't justifying it, just explaining it.
No- you WERE attempting to justify it- you said the guy "asked for it".

That is an attempt to justify that you made the CHOICE of your own free will to resort to violence and criminal violence at that and violence in which the person in the car could have been very seriously injured.

That he was NOT is NOT the point. Even YOU should know that. Sad that apparently, you don't.

You said he "asked for it". Again- that is your justification for the mistake you made.

If you truly felt you were wrong to have done what you did, you would say that in hindsight (at the very least) you realize there was no excuse or justification for what you did- including your claim that he was "asking for it".

Location hidden

#616551 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And they have been planning their parole hearing since they first stepped into a church at the age of 12 and asked jesus to come into their heart.
youtube

AOL

#616552 Apr 15, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616553 Apr 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does this information threaten you so much? I'd like to see some evidence for your claim that most christian convicts convert after going to jail. So far, the only info I can find on the subject contradicts your claim, in that most conversions are to islam.
Here's the point.

How do we "know" the inmates are Christian?

A: They said they are.

And that's good enough for you.

But why are they in prison? They said they are innocent.........

huh

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#616554 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with the "real Christian" thing.
It has to do with lying inmates.
Please OCB, never get employed with the prison system. They'd walk all over you.
Please, RR- don't attempt to condescend to me- you lose every time and only make yourself look foolish in the process.

Speaking of lying, it is you lying to yourself if you truly believe that there are only a handful of inmates who are truly Christian long before ever going to prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Snake Eyes 25,620
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr LordofDarkness 6,445
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr Frank 301
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 8 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 8 hr juliakk 185
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 9 hr Johnny 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web