Prove there's a god.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#616332 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you adjust your scope? Is it a Nikon?
How did you manage to preserve food long enough without a celler or a fridge? LONG ENOUGH are the key words pinhead! Don't come back with a silly response such as "fridges and cellers aren't the only way to preserve food, derp".
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#616333 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you adjust your scope? Is it a Nikon?
I never said tribal africans, idiot! And even tribal africans wouldn't always have enough food! Africans mainly die from illnesses, relating to not having enough food, so they have fairly short life spans, moron!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#616334 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So the link you posted tells us that science has admitted we cannot even study consciousness yet you go on and on alluding to us knowing something concrete about the mechanism of it.
What has it answered big guy? What? Give me something already; all you're giving me is "we have some answers". What answers do we have? What? Give me a piece of the mechanism oh wise one.
We can see thought processes happening in the brain in real time.
So much so we can even tell what the person is thinking about by seeing it. We can also capture the visual activity and reconstruct
it into a video.

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-reconst...
OCB

United States

#616335 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He has the right to remain stupid.
And a right he vehemently defends every time he speaks- or writes- as the case may be.....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#616336 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Learn that the evidence for God and the Easter Bunny are the same?!?

O_o

Oh, I gotsta see THIS evidence.

Ready?
Set.
Go.
Wanna see it again?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616337 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with your statement that criminals with long rap sheets aren't necessarily bad guys?
For the record, I don't believe ANYTHING a career criminal has to say.
Why?
Because they've made a career out of being a criminal. They've spent a lot of time and thought trying to figure out how to NOT get caught.
Why do you believe them?
I "believe" them because I have a more nuanced view of humanity than you do, and because my worldview is not threatened by the knowledge that there are christian criminals. You can't view everything in black and white. Just because someone has been to jail a few times does not mean they lie about everything. I'm sure some are lying, but not all. The only reason you insist on denying that christian criminals even exist is because their existence threatens the ideas you have about your religion - after all, how could someone possibly believe as strongly as you do and still be a criminal, right?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616338 Apr 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... consciousness is pretty much understood. Time to move onto new mysteries, that's not one of them anymore.
Far greater minds than yours are mystified by how consciousness emerged from unconscious matter. It is still a mystery to everybody except whackjobs like you.

" http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Planck" ;

Parrot.

Location hidden

#616339 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR wouldn't be able to legally own guns if he lived in Florida- a MAJOR no-no and zero tolerance here in Florida for convicted felons to legally own guns.
Righto, moron. That must be why there are never any ex-cons caught possessing a gun.

Felon, or not, most of us can gain possession of another gun between 15 minutes to 4 hours after having the last one confiscated. THAT is a fact.
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616340 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has stated that he is awesome.
It was before you came on, but I can assure you he has made the claim at least once.
Of course he has... and it is forensically present in everything he says, but there's no point taking a blind man to a strip club.

He consistently asks me to prove the negative, which is ABUNDANT evidence of his stupidity.

Location hidden

#616341 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So that's it, you guys don't know what "mechanism" means. Let me explain. When we take a drug and it makes us hallucinate we wonder what the mechanism of the affect is. Well, say, we, for example, come up with a theory that the drug alters the local concentrations of acetylcholine in certain nerve synapses and causes the signals to transmit at different rates even within any given second of time.
So take consciousness. We experience it but what exactly is it? Do molecules get together and do a jig dance and walla there is consciousness? I mean molecules are considered unconscious, so how can nay number of them, no matter how "organized" they become, give rise top some sort of "consciousness"?
IOWs, how does unconscious matter *select* FOR awareness? Yep, that IS a mystery.
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616342 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concession is noted and accepted.
It's a shame you require so many concessions. Rather than gleefully accepting them you should feel just a little bit ashamed.

Your tactic is to brow-beat, twist, and misunderstand. Sometimes that's deliberate as per classic troll behaviour, but I fear most of the time it's because you're genuinely stupid.

When a man argues with a mule until he's blue in the face, who is the stupid one? I have no intention of becoming stupid by lowering myself to your level.

You can call that a concession if it makes you feel more powerful, but those who turn their backs on you are moving on, while you stay behind in your impregnable fortress of ignorance.

“Give Me LIBERTY OR DIE”

Since: Jun 08

Elmont, Long Island

#616343 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!
Sorry, I forget the atheist rules of debate....
If I make a claim, the burden of proof is me.
But you can make a claim without any proof whatsoever.
Like you're "no you're not" example.
It's YOUR claim that I'm not awesome but still MY burden to prove it??
O_o
DUH!

Yes, if someone makes a claim, the burden of proof is on them to support that claim. That's only logical.

If the DA brings charges up on someone, it is up to him to prove his case.

If the accused says they are innocent, it is up to them to support and prove that claim.

any logical person knows this...but there I go expecting logic from someone like you.

Why do you think religion is synonymous with faith?

its because there is no proof of the existence of god? people take on faith that there is one. that have faith that god exists.

Listen, I really don't care what mythology you believe in. Just that you be friggin honest and admit there is no proof that your god exist and that you have faith that it does

Location hidden

#616344 Apr 14, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You're not making sense. Or understanding what I am saying.
I am not trying to tell you that there is a plausible mechanism for quantum consciousness. I am trying to tell you that it is as plausible as any molecular one at this point.
I have to go, hopefully you will see where I quoted your link where it was said that scientists admit that it is premature to even study consciousness. What does that tell you there, big guy?
It can be frustrating dealing with dense people. ;)
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#616345 Apr 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Righto, moron. That must be why there are never any ex-cons caught possessing a gun.
Felon, or not, most of us can gain possession of another gun between 15 minutes to 4 hours after having the last one confiscated. THAT is a fact.
So Riverside Redneck is a theif, Nanobitch?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#616346 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like Lord Catcher?
Cool!
What about 15 years ago?(that's when it all went down for me)
My stature there has risen since that time, but I was sometimes there.

The principal difference is that there has been a lot of turnover on the O.C. trial court bench: I know the newer judges better than I did the ones then. Same with the D.A.s.

Location hidden

#616347 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, because "pretty much" knowledge is good enough, right?
O_o
KK is best ignored on grounds of irrelevance....to anything realistic.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#616348 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oceanside's a long way away.
In a galaxy far, far away...
I installed many a window in your neck o the woods.
Have you ever installed chicken wire for an aging wacky narcissist pettifogger ?

Location hidden

#616349 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me exactly what I said Pokay, that it's rather like adding a unproven hypothetical element to something we cannot answer to begin with. But what you don't understand is that neuroscience is answering the questions without adding a new hypothetical element.
But like gravity we may never fully understand how our consciousness works.
Science has no explanation for the emergence of awareness/consciousness from unconscious matter.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616350 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now look up arable land.

Almost 78 percent of Texas land is used for farming and ranching.

agecoext.tamu.edu/.../Sect4LandUse.pdfFile

That's a lot of land.

People choose to live like sardines, they don't have to.
Pokay

Medina, OH

#616351 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We can see thought processes happening in the brain in real time.
So much so we can even tell what the person is thinking about by seeing it. We can also capture the visual activity and reconstruct
it into a video.
http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-reconst...
That is all besides the point. Look I'll get you started :

Molecules that are assumed to be unconscious somehow become organized through supposed spontaneous pathways, and then .......

you fill in the rest.

Being able to tell what someone is thinking or 'implanting a thought' into someone's brain is impressive but it is not the same as a mechanism as to HOW molecules could ever become "conscious". We can create a thought and implant it. But we are already conscious beings directing outcomes. How does a group of molecules that are unconscious ever become conscious as in your hypothesis of abiogenesis?

Answer is no one knows, so quit acting like you have something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Buck Crick 49,255
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Steve III 646,792
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 44 min ChristineM 445,736
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Truthiness 26
Love or money 1 hr Truthiness 2
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr Truthiness 12
Choosing the best candidate 2 hr Kamal Hussain 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 13 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web