Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616358 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
I "believe" them because I have a more nuanced view of humanity than you do, and because my worldview is not threatened by the knowledge that there are christian criminals.
Neither is mine, because the majority of them are not Christians at all, they're just pandering to the authorities.

And people like you buy it.
You can't view everything in black and white.
I'm not trying to.
Just because someone has been to jail a few times does not mean they lie about everything.
I didn't say that, did I?

A person that's been to jail a few times isn't Ra career criminal, they're just stupid.
I'm sure some are lying, but not all. The only reason you insist on denying that christian criminals even exist is because their existence threatens the ideas you have about your religion
That's why you are pretending to believe them. They say they're Christian and you live it because you're not.

You're a fool to believe a criminals word.

I bet you don't believe them when they say they're innocent..... 99% of them lie about that.
- after all, how could someone possibly believe as strongly as you do and still be a criminal, right?
Right.
Pokay

Medina, OH

#616359 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Speculate away dude. I don't care. I "believe" in a material consciousness, but it's mysterious nature allows for many explanations. If consciousness is dependent on quantum phenomena, it still is somehow dependent on physical structures, anyway. The only way I can see the quantum hypothesis holding any water is if the brain only exists to act as a medium between the quantum world and the macro world.
I'm not the one speculating here. I'm talking about *your* speculation that consciousness is a molecular product. You say it is more valid than a quantum speculation. But you have nothing to show for it.

You don't have any information/evidence to say that consciousness is dependent on physical structures; you would have to know something about the mechanism of consciousness to say that. Why couldn't the brain be a "medium"?

Allow me to comment on the idea of "physical". I don't believe there is a such thing as both "physical" and "non-physical"; whatever you wanna call it I think there's only one reality. To me,'physical' only means 'unknown' or 'as yet undetectable' or simply 'undetected'. Obviously it is very possible that there are undetected/undetectable things in existence. We did not speculate dark matter until recently. Before that it was undetected. And since we know nothing "absolute" we can be pretty confident there is tons undetected.

'Wavelength' is a fundamental property of energy. Who's to say there is not a reality that corresponds to a "zero-wavelength" state? The possibilities are astronomical.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616360 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame you require so many concessions. Rather than gleefully accepting them you should feel just a little bit ashamed.
Your tactic is to brow-beat, twist, and misunderstand. Sometimes that's deliberate as per classic troll behaviour, but I fear most of the time it's because you're genuinely stupid.
When a man argues with a mule until he's blue in the face, who is the stupid one? I have no intention of becoming stupid by lowering myself to your level.
You can call that a concession if it makes you feel more powerful, but those who turn their backs on you are moving on, while you stay behind in your impregnable fortress of ignorance.
Hey, when you're wrong, you're wrong.

And you are wrong.
Pokay

Medina, OH

#616361 Apr 14, 2013
And for that matter, who's to say what reality exists in a 'measurable wavelength' state?

Dependent on physical structures? Evidence for a mechanism?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616362 Apr 14, 2013
Marine 4 Impeachment wrote:

DUH!
Yes, if someone makes a claim, the burden of proof is on them to support that claim. That's only logical.
If the DA brings charges up on someone, it is up to him to prove his case.
If the accused says they are innocent, it is up to them to support and prove that claim.
Not in the atheist rules of debate...

The example here is:

RR claimed he is awesome.
DumbShit said RR's not awesome.

RR has to prove his case.
DumbShit doesn't - we just have to accept his assertion.

That's how atheists work.

Theists say God exists.
Atheists say God doesn't exist.

In the atheist rules of debate, the theist has to prove their case while the atheist doesn't.

That's not how it goes...
any logical person knows this...but there I go expecting logic from someone like you.
Where's the logic in saying that I have to prove my case but you don't?

Logic disagrees with you.
Why do you think religion is synonymous with faith?
its because there is no proof of the existence of god? people take on faith that there is one. that have faith that god exists.
I have faith that God exists, yes.

You have faith that God doesn't exist, yes.

But I have to "prove it" and you don't?!

O_o
Listen, I really don't care what mythology you believe in. Just that you be friggin honest and admit there is no proof that your god exist and that you have faith that it does
There is proof that God exists, I can't lie and say there isn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616363 Apr 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>KK is best ignored on grounds of irrelevance....to anything realistic.
No shit, huh.

Based on Koder's logic, once someone "pretty much" knows something, that's good enough to call it fact and move in to a different subject.

It's a damn good thing she don't make the rules!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616364 Apr 14, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have you ever installed chicken wire for an aging wacky narcissist pettifogger ?
Um.... I can't say that I have, no.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#616365 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't convicted with a felony because I wasn't charged with a felony.
Arrested on a felony and charged on a felines are different.
You're welcome.
Hey RR, sorry but you aren't being straight with us. Have a look:

Catcher1 wrote:

How did you mess up to end up in the pokey?
And why didn't you call me?
I would have had you released immediately, with an apology and your money back.
Unless it was a misdemeanor. I don't do those.

RR wrote:
'twas a felony, assault & battery.

What say you now?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#616366 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, huh.
Based on Koder's logic, once someone "pretty much" knows something, that's good enough to call it fact and move in to a different subject.
It's a damn good thing she don't make the rules!
KK is a misinformation minion, aka, a miznion, in more ways than one.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#616367 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't convicted with a felony because I wasn't charged with a felony.
Arrested on a felony and charged on a felines are different.
You're welcome.
did they put you a some type a number of cats and then charge you???

“Stahrman returns!!”

Since: May 08

Ketchikan, Alaska

#616368 Apr 14, 2013
[And there isn't enough land available to designate a plot large enough to support every person on the planet.]

The above is a partial quote from "Riverside Redneck" on a page about 10 pgs ago.

I hate to disabuse yu RR but you could take everybody on the Planet Earth and they would all fit in Texas.
If you gave them all a sq.mi. to produce their own food, you might have to use a bit of Oklahoma.

As to the main question of the thread. Faith that GOD exists is a PERSONAL MATTER and as such it is up to every person to decide for themselves whether or not he exists.
The person who started this thread has some real Q's bout it or he wouldn't have asked the Question. I hope he comes to a positive conclusion, as his eternal soul will thank him later on. Personally, I believe,"IT IS BETTER TO SERVE IN HEAVEN THAN ROT IN HELL"
OCB

United States

#616369 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher1 wrote:
RR wrote:
What say you now?
Thanks for this, Catcher- I never lose sight of the fact that RE often forgets what he himself says- it wasn't until a later post that he said the charges were dropped or changed.

Yet he moronically tried to "educate" me as to the difference in being arrested for something and then having the charges dropped or revised from what the original charge was.....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#616370 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the atheist rules of debate...

That's how atheists work.
Theists say God exists.
Atheists say God doesn't exist.
First a little nuance here
atheists don't say god doesn't exist. what we say is
there is no evidence of the existence of a god, ergo we don't believe in the existence of a god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the atheist rules of debate, the theist has to prove their case while the atheist doesn't.
in any debate, if someone makes a claim, the burden is on them to support that claim with evidence and facts.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how it goes...
<quoted text>
Where's the logic in saying that I have to prove my case but you don't?
Logic disagrees with you.
now that's rich, you claiming logic. ROTFLMAO....WAY WAY TOO FUNNY

Here think of it this way

The police arrest you and the DA charges you with felines....
in court, the burden of proof is on the DA to prove you guilty.
you can plead 3 ways
guilty as charge
NoLo
or innocent

you then get to present your case for innocence...however it is still upon the DA to present the burden of proof of your guilt. That is why in most cases the majority of the jury has to find you guilty while it only takes 1 (sometimes 3 I think) to think you are innocent to have a stalemate
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith that God exists, yes.
You have faith that God doesn't exist, yes.
No. I don't have faith that god doesn't exist. what I have is a complete lack of evidence of the existence of god. ergo there is no reason to believe in any god, be it zeus, allah, ares, venus, athena
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have to "prove it" and you don't?!
No, all I have to do is ask you for some evidence of god's existence
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is proof that God exists, I can't lie and say there isn't.
FINALLY WE AGREE!
OCB

United States

#616371 Apr 14, 2013
Sorry- meant RR- not RE

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616372 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher1 wrote:
RR wrote:
What say you now?
I was arrested on assault and battery, even though I "assaulted" a vehicle.

The court changed it to what it shudda been, vandalism.

The case was dropped and my record expunged.

Straight enough?
RogerThat

AOL

#616373 Apr 14, 2013

AMERICA'S "WICKED" MINISTERS ---- Matthew 24

http://youtu.be/FCQcNETFto0

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#616374 Apr 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>IOWs, how does unconscious matter *select* FOR awareness? Yep, that IS a mystery.
It just does, you know. Spontaneously of course. Just add a little spice, Captain and coke. Oh forgot, that wasn't around a couple billion years ago; ok, pixie dust then.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616375 Apr 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
did they put you a some type a number of cats and then charge you???
HA HA !!!

It took me a sec to see the typo.

Oops.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616376 Apr 14, 2013
RUDY MCGILLVRAY wrote:
[And there isn't enough land available to designate a plot large enough to support every person on the planet.]
The above is a partial quote from "Riverside Redneck" on a page about 10 pgs ago.
I hate to disabuse yu RR but you could take everybody on the Planet Earth and they would all fit in Texas.
You are mistaken.

I did not say that. In fact, I was arguing against it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616377 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for this, Catcher- I never lose sight of the fact that RE often forgets what he himself says- it wasn't until a later post that he said the charges were dropped or changed.
I changed nothing and I forgot nothing. I WAS arrested on assault & battery.
Yet he moronically tried to "educate" me as to the difference in being arrested for something and then having the charges dropped or revised from what the original charge was.....
No I didn't, you retard.

I tried educating you in the difference between arrested for something but charged with another.

And yet again, it fell on deaf ears.

(so to speak)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Happy Lesbo 99,616
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 184,246
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 4 min bad bob 15
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Rosesz 670,153
How can i get someone to have sex with my wife ... (Jul '13) 2 hr Tony 444 6
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 2 hr Donald J Turnip 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr AussieBobby 286,431
the new gay skype Sat codyh 2
More from around the web