In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>So are you an Atheist or not? Has science played any role in your life as to why you believe the way you do?

[QUOTE]
I see the people who claim to know behaving badly and foolishly in spite of their claims to have this connection to the almighty."

So is this part of the reason for you to say there isnt a God? Based on peoples actions who claim Christianity...

[QUOTE]
Religion provides no satisfactory answers and believing in god produces exactly the same results as not believing in god."

I think many use ''religion'' as an excuse to deny the reality of God being a just and merciful entity. I could be wrong,but from what i have seen from atheist its all about religion, they never get the concept that every body who claims to be a ''Christian'' isnt one. Its not what you say that defines a person, but its what they do.

[QUOTE]
I cannot fathom a superior being that would torture its creations for the simple fault of not worshipping it.
I would imagine a superior being having respect for a critical mind, not contempt."

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, """"I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;""" " but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" -- Ezekiel 33:11

Through your eyes and by your choice Aero, you dont see what God gave and what His Son done for you and i, so that we wouldnt have to be seperated. He doesnt want any to suffer, he is not willing that any should persih as it says in his word. Man kind has always had an issue with Gods ''standards'' and many back then disagreed with it and rejected it just like now..

[QUOTE]
With all of the religions claiming to be the "one true religion", there becomes only two possibilities.
Either one, and only one, of them is actually true.
Or they are all false.
I find the latter much more likely."

Romans 1:19
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

*after they have put there trust and Faith in him*..

I agree, but have you honestly sought God or any ''religion'' for that matter to see for yourself?

[QUOTE]
I'm also free to learn my life lessons from my own actual experiences rather than having somebody telling me how to model my life based on some ancient text. "

Yes you are.... Who is telling you how to live your life?
Ok.

I thought you asked an honest question and I gave you an honest answer.

Why is it that you can't just accept that without trying to evangelize?

I've heard it all before. ALL of it. You did not make one original statement.

I have you the benefit of the doubt, and you blew it.

Now go away.
nurface

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
I thought you asked an honest question and I gave you an honest answer.
Why is it that you can't just accept that without trying to evangelize?
I've heard it all before. ALL of it. You did not make one original statement.
I have you the benefit of the doubt, and you blew it.
Now go away.
And it was an honest one, and sorry i didnt say thank you, but i apreciate your honest answer..

Sorry if imposed to much, geesh!

Gone!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You spoiled little bitch....
Here's a hint: You can eat food that doesn't need to be kept cold. A fridge is not a necessity - except to spoiled little Nanny State hoes like you that think you deserve everything.
You think health insurance is a friggin right, I'll bet you think driving is a right, too.
RR, I'm not spoiled at all. My appliances are not the best, not the newest and are very basic.

As far as eating food that doesn't need to be kept cold:

So, you're saying no dairy products right off the bat, right?

No meat either- unless I eat it as soon as I bring it home.

Certain veggies and fruits keep best when refrigerated.

No condiments either huh- since once those are opened they should always be kept refrigerated.

That would be ketchup, mustard, jam, mayonaisse (not checking my spelling on that one), etc.

Is that what YOU do? Eat food that needs no refrigeration at all?

I don't think I "deserve" a damn thing and I KNOW I work harder in one week than you do in one year, you stupid goldbricker with your 100+ posts every single day.

Yes- I think access to decent and affordable health care in the self proclaimed richest country in the world IS a right and uh.....the MAJORITY of Americans agree with ME- not YOU, you insufferable boor.

No, stupid- driving is NOT a right- it is most definitely a privilege as is voting, and frankly, I don't see you as deserving of either of those privileges.

Now- back to YOUR Jesus who is YOUR god- NOT mine as you stupidly stated earlier- and according to YOUR bible:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."

I'm not sure your Jesus meant: according to RR's definition of who is poor and who is deserving.

But I KNOW YOU'RE sure that what's your Jesus meant- you are an arrogant and insufferably moronic boor. Or clown. Or buffoon. Or all of the above- and then some.

Feh. Ugh. Yuck.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The point is, there is no point where we will be so technologically advanced that believers will go "welp, guess the search is over. no god here." You will move the goal posts again. Now, he exists both inside and outside of space and time, and you can say that because we don't have a perfect understanding of the universe. But if we ever do, people will just say "well, we said he was outside of space too." To claim that he exists outside of space and time is to make him irrelevant - it turns him into untestable magic - and to say that he exists inside of space but that we just can't detect him empirically makes him irrelevant as well. What point is there of arguing that we will maybe be able to discover god scientifically one day if you set it up such that if we don't, you can just cop out and say that he's undetectable/outside of space?
Even if one day we were to have a "perfect" understanding of the universe, that doesn't mean we'll be able to scientifically investigate God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then you'll be disappointed to know that Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
Sorry.
You must be only looking at one article, and a dated one at that.
This article disputes your claim:
http://signsofthelastdays.com/archives/the-de...
"The most recent American Religious Identification Survey demonstrates this fact very clearly. According to that survey, the percentage of Americans who call themselves Christians has dropped more than 11% since 1990. The survey also reports that Catholics, Baptists and other mainline Protestant churches have seen very large drops in numbers.
However, Islam, Wicca and eastern religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism showed large gains in the survey."
Oh ya, I forgot you too.

Sorry, I didn't know that America represented he world's population....

My bad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Will you just call them "Christian" - dropping the "true" portion of the phrase?
You should be calling them "half-Christian", as they only believe in a "half of Jesus".
BTW -that was the first semantic that you will have to reconcile in order to truly be a "Christian".
I don't think I've ever classified anybody as a true Christian, let alone an entire group of people.

I would never say that Catholics are true Christians, I might say "he is" or "she is", but not an entire group - individuals only.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

<quoted text>
I take it you are old school and still keep your milk in a gray metal box on your porch, huh?
Get real RR.
SOme of the priducts devised of int hepast 100 years are very useful to alot of people and most of us, DO have a fridge, some probably two. The second would be a luxury to most, but most will consider they need (necessity) a refridgerator.
If you think semantics are important, then I have a few semantics in your beleif that you have failed to recognize.
Great. Then keeping food cold is nice, a *luxury*, but certainly not a necessity.

Especially considering mankind has flourished for millennia without them. Hardly a necessity....

I guess you think air conditioning and the Internet are necessities too, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR is full of SH*T- he no more considers a refrigerator a luxury than does any other average American even though RR is well below average......
Of COURSE refrigeration is a necessity; I guess RR thinks supermarkets are luxury stores (since there are so many refrigerated cases in those stores) no different from a local Harley Davidson motorcycle dealer.....
Harley's are a necessity now, too???

WTF

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Making unfounded claims again.
How do you know "God" will ignore anyone....namely that poster?
God hears the prayers of those who keep His commandments and do His will. Our prayers are hindered when there is a lack of a repentant spirit.

You must be sincere and believe that God has the power to do what you ask Him to do.

If you're not sincere with God, He will "ignore" you.

2 Chronicles 7:14;

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
A luxury is something one doesn't need. But PLENTY of people- as in 99.9999% of them- do NOT consider a refrigerator a luxury but consider it a necessity.
You have a lot of statistics shoved up that fat ass of yours, don't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
So since your fridge is nothing more than a luxury item to you, donate it to someone who really NEEDS one- maybe for baby formula, maybe for insulin, maybe for other drugs which must be kept refrigerated, maybe for special dietary needs that call for food that must be kept safe from contaminants....etc.
No. I like my fridge. I pay for that luxury.

But it's not needed, it's not a necessity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
<
And while you're at it- donate your BEER too
HA HA HA !!!!

Ok lady, now you've gone off the deep end.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

<quoted text>
If recording the "spiritual world" through EVPs and video is any indication that this realm exists, I would think we are on the edge of a big discovery.
That would be awesome.

If...

I know we are capable of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

<quoted text>
I know.
It actually sounds like he is just looking to argue over the smallest little thing.
I've given him the opportunity to talk and refute semantics. We'll see if he has the courage to be honest.
ME looking to argue?? You two are bickering foolishly about whether or not a fridge is a necessity....

Necessity:
noun
The fact of being required or indispensable.

Required:
adjective
Essential; indispensable

Indispensable:
adjective
Absolutely necessary

WTF?

A refrigerator is NOT a necessity, it's a luxury. A luxury that many people, including myself, enjoy.

Luxury:
noun
An inessential, desirable item

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Satan is real?
Yes, absolutely real.

I've seen him before. At least I think I did, it might have been a demon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt RR has any idea of what you're talking about.
He claims to be 47 which means he was born in 1966. By then, not only were milkmen delivering milk almost totally a thing of the past, so was keeping milk in those gray metal boxes on the porch.
If nothing else, it was completely phased out within a few years of RR's birth, so he wouldn't even get the point of reference.
Even when those boxes were in use, they were not meant to store milk indefinitely.
RR is simply being the pompous and ignorant ass he is by saying he always thought refrigerators were luxuries.
He never thought that for one second. Nor would he go without one for more than TWO seconds- unless he simply couldn't afford one.
No, I've never had or used an old icebox. My grandpa did, but I'm a little too young fur that technology.

Even so, the old icebox was a luxury, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaa?
Then why don't you and all other good Christians get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:
"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."
Will anything happen if you and all other Christians say this prayer?
Of course not.
Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16 are nothing but delusions.
Ah yes, the athitard has "studied" the bible...

HA HA HA !!!

Matthew 7:7 is not about praying for a blank check from God.

Matthew 17:20 is a test of your character.

Matthew 21:21 is about faith in God, not moving a huge pike of dirt.

Mark 11:24 is about having faith in prayer.

John 14:12-14 was Jesus speaking to His disciples, not to you.

Matthew 18:19 is about motives behind prayer.

James 5:15-16 is about diversity of prayer.

Now if you think they are delusions, that's your choice.

If you're gonna boast about them being delusions as if you know, provide evidence.

Or just admit that's your opinion and we'll be done with it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>All of them. Ask any of them or their wives if they were not praying before, during and after the mission.
Bollocks.

How many pounds-per-inch did prayer provide?

Stupid sod.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, dipshit.
It wasn't RELIGIOUS faith that did it.
Yes it was. Religious faith gives people the feeling of strength, security, confidence, calmness & serenity. Most of the men involved in the Ramey space programs were religious men. Why wouldn't a religious man pray to Hod to ask for some help or insight or something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Name another.
Atheists believe there is no heaven or hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

540 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 256,402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min WildWeirdWillie 172,281
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 14 min Doctor REALITY 2
Both Sides Mobilize in Honduras (Jul '09) 23 min Brainiac of Beacon House 11
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 24 min shyam 4,563
Xcntrik InVidor is A Fool! (Jul '09) 29 min the pompitous of love 63
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min June VanDerMark 532,474
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Aura Mytha 224,052
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••