Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616305 Apr 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
consciousness is pretty much understood. Time to move onto new mysteries
Ya, because "pretty much" knowledge is good enough, right?

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616306 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I noticed that you neatly avoided my post about the vast expanse of land each person on earth could have if he didn't CHOOSE to live in a city.
Coward.
Did I neatly avoid that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616307 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can still own weapons?
I can't.
It was road rage. Some dude spun out in front of me on the 91 fwy, the parking lot. He threw up some rocks and one of them hit & broke my windshield. I snapped. I got in front of him and blocked him, got out and smashed his windshield with The Club.

The pigs met me at my house a few hours later and arrested me on assault with a deadly weapon.

In court, I argued that a car is not alive and therefore The Club was never "deadly".

The judge agreed and dropped the case, so long as I bought the sumbitch a new windshield.

I figured that was better than one more night with the losers in an Orange County jail.
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616308 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
MOM: I love you, Milorad.
MILORAD: I don't believe your outlandish claims, mom.
LOL Riverside, I can see I'm only going to get an ulcer dealing with you because being content with your own lack of clues leaves you LOTS of free time while the rest of us have to actually maintain our smarts by honing them elsewhere before coming here and blunting them against your dull surface.

I have MUCH more evidence that my mother loves me than simply having to take her word for it. No surprise that your analogy is as stupid as the person making it.

"Sure sure".
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616309 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. YOU made the claim that "RR probably thinks he's awesome".
That's not what I said.

Also, there seems to be plenty of evidence of that, so I could easily have made that claim and have the evidence to back it up.
Milorad Ivovic

Frankston, Australia

#616310 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that good ole atheist rebuttal....
"Since we all know the Easter Bunny isn't real, God must not be real either."
No no... Since the evidence of both god and the easter bunny are precisely the same (ie: none) both claims should be treated as equally meritorious.

I've taken you at your request literally and will gladly teach you as much as you want. Learn it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616311 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all stacked up in cities.
And what figures did you use.
I found 57,500,000 square miles of land area on the whole planet.
Texas only has 268,000 square miles. That works out to .000038 square miles per person.
For Texas, that gives it's residents a tenth of a square mile per person.

That's about 6-1/2 acres PER person.

That's enough land to grow a few potatoes...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616312 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR wouldn't be able to legally own guns if he lived in Florida- a MAJOR no-no and zero tolerance here in Florida for convicted felons to legally own guns.
Then again, I take much of what RR says with a HUGE grain of salt- such as his claims that he is a good Christian and a good American; I see no more evidence of those claims of his than I do of the god RR claims he KNOWS exists and which he KNOWS is real.
There you go ASSuming again....

RR isn't a convicted felon. If that were the case, I couldn't have guns in Cali, either.

Dumb ass.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616313 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You can't know that. Being a criminal doesn't necessarily make you a bad person, either. It might, but you can't assume that everyone with a long rap sheet is a bad guy.
O_o

Of course every criminal with a long rap sheet is a bad guy.

WTF are you talking about?!?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#616314 Apr 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what I just said. And I don't know exactly what it is. You're asking a question that doesn't really have an answer at this point. That doesn't mean that it's reasonable to wildly speculate on the nature of consciousness. I mean, it *could be* that there are little pixies inside my head turning gears and levels, but should we really take that query seriously?
My point is this; speculating that consciousness is a molecular phenomenon is just as "wildly speculating" as considering a quantum mechanism for it. So if I can't speculate that it is quantum then you can't speculate it is molecular. That isn't hard to understand, is it?

Ever since I started here years ago, "you guys" have insisted that consciousness is clearly emergent of matter (on the molecular level). According to your terms, that would be considered as wild speculation.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616315 Apr 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Norway:
"only 20% of Norwegians say that religion occupies an important place in their life"
Norway:

"Overall, Christian Orthodoxy is the fastest-growing religious tradition in Norway with a rate of 231.1%"

I'm telling them that you called them a stupid, 3rd world country...
OCB

United States

#616316 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go ASSuming again....
RR isn't a convicted felon. If that were the case, I couldn't have guns in Cali, either.
Dumb ass.
Ah well..... It's enough for me to know that if stupidity was a criminal offense you would be serving several concurrent life sentences with absolutely no chance of parole.... That stupidity such as you display is not against the law makes it no less criminal.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616317 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion in china doesn't seem all that big a deal either. Especially christianity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Chin...
You might be happy in china...

"The People's Republic of China was established 1 October 1949. Its government is officially atheist, having viewed religion as emblematic of feudalism and foreign colonialism ... a massive number of places of worship were destroyed."

No freedom.
No choice.

Nice.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#616318 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me exactly what I said Pokay, that it's rather like adding a unproven hypothetical element to something we cannot answer to begin with. But what you don't understand is that neuroscience is answering the questions without adding a new hypothetical element.
But like gravity we may never fully understand how our consciousness works.
So the link you posted tells us that science has admitted we cannot even study consciousness yet you go on and on alluding to us knowing something concrete about the mechanism of it.

What has it answered big guy? What? Give me something already; all you're giving me is "we have some answers". What answers do we have? What? Give me a piece of the mechanism oh wise one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616319 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Riverside, I can see I'm only going to get an ulcer dealing with you because being content with your own lack of clues leaves you LOTS of free time while the rest of us have to actually maintain our smarts by honing them elsewhere before coming here and blunting them against your dull surface.
I have MUCH more evidence that my mother loves me than simply having to take her word for it. No surprise that your analogy is as stupid as the person making it.
"Sure sure".
Your concession is noted and accepted.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616320 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
Of course every criminal with a long rap sheet is a bad guy.
WTF are you talking about?!?
You literally just said that you don't believe career criminals who say they are christian, implying that you think they are liars.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616321 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said.
Also, there seems to be plenty of evidence of that, so I could easily have made that claim and have the evidence to back it up.
I'm waiting....

Provide said evidence.

Prove your claim that I am "probably not awesome".

LMAO

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616322 Apr 14, 2013
Milorad Ivovic wrote:
<quoted text>
No no... Since the evidence of both god and the easter bunny are precisely the same (ie: none) both claims should be treated as equally meritorious.
I've taken you at your request literally and will gladly teach you as much as you want. Learn it.
Learn that the evidence for God and the Easter Bunny are the same?!?

O_o

Oh, I gotsta see THIS evidence.

Ready?
Set.
Go.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616323 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Did I neatly avoid that?
I missed your response.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616324 Apr 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ah well..... It's enough for me to know that if stupidity was a criminal offense you would be serving several concurrent life sentences with absolutely no chance of parole.... That stupidity such as you display is not against the law makes it no less criminal.
Your concession is also noted and accepted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 31 min Vlad 2,631
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 hr Trump Worshiper 119,201
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Trump Worshiper 679,123
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr earthly science f... 445,839
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 hr Trumps worshiper 33,216
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 5 hr Trumps worshiper 5
More from around the web