Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#616156 Apr 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
As to morality, RR has the morals of a christian.
Which far exceeds the selfish and immoral mind of an atheist...

Telling me I have the morals of a Christian is a compliment.

If you told me I has the morals of an atheist, I'd be pissed.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#616157 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't see that.

I'm bling to stupidity.
Yes.

You are the jewel of stupidity.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616158 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I would.

Country folks can survive.
And you're all that matters.

Jesus would be so proud of you.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#616159 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>....and they all ended up with the Black Plague.
People still end up with the Plague in parts of Africa, even though Western countries are in there with manPower, foodstuffs, medicines and aid. Of course, you just cannot keep every arseHole out of the river with there being so many.
Go Figure.
A little girl in America had it. She went on a camping trip to the forest, and she found a dead squirrel; gave it a funeral, and got the plague. And a adult male had it to, forgot how he got it!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#616161 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on....
You say America isn't a country then call ME ignorant?!?
O_o
Good grief, RR, don't feed the troll...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#616162 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Im willing to accept any evidence that any houses in America do not have ...toilets, ovens and refrigerators.
G/L with that.
Seriously, don't feed the troll...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616163 Apr 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
A true Christian will do as Jesus does.
Pray and talk to God. Feed his people. Cure
the sick. Teach righteousness.
Try to live without sin.
I agree.

Which is why I would never classify any group of people as a true Christian, only individuals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616164 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that people who have had to work hard to survive will always make it better later on in their lives.
Besides, its better to know how to grow a potato than to have a million $$ Bucks $$ should 'they' drop the big one and you survive.
Go Figure.
Exactamundo!

What's Ollie say about it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616165 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Right. America is NOT a country.
Now, think about it.
There's North America which consists of Canada and the US of A and Mexico.
There's South America which consists of a number of countries.
When referring to 'America'...where and what are you referring to???
People, especially Americans, are eeejits when it comes to somethings, aren't they.
Go Figure.
Um, Stanley....
Um, Ollie...

The U S of A means what.....?

Go figure.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616166 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Can we take a vote on who needs them? All who need a refrigerator raise hand. You lose.....
I dun diddly do dun did diddly not see any hands...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616167 Apr 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in a van for a year after living in a tent for 4 months.
Neither did I.
But I had a fridge in the van.
Lucky dog.

Was it a van down by the river?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616169 Apr 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're all that matters.
Jesus would be so proud of you.
No, no, no....

I said country folks.

Not country folk.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616170 Apr 13, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, RR, don't feed the troll...
Damn it!

RR fell fer it again.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616171 Apr 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you Really & Truly know how much land there is!!!
57,500,000 square miles.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#616172 Apr 13, 2013
nurface wrote:
Epigenetics is an example of how the science does not bode well for evolutionary theory. But in evolution the science does not carry the day. The science represents a research problem to be worked out. Otherwise evolution is protected from such show-stoppers because evolution is known to be a fact from non scientific considerations. We may not know how epigenetics and a dozen other contradictions could have evolved, but we know they must have evolved.
For what about all the designs that make no sense, and all the designs that are harmful? No creator would have intended or created such a world. It must have evolved. That was Darwin’s argument and that remains the conviction today. As Stephen Jay Gould once explained:
Odd arrangements and funny solutions are the proof of evolution—paths that a sensible God would never tread but that a natural process, constrained by history, follows perforce. No one understood this better than Darwin. Ernst Mayr has shown how Darwin, in defending evolution, consistently turned to organic parts and geographic distributions that make the least sense.
You see evolution is, quite literally, a religious theory. Sometimes people say evolution is a religious theory because it is so unlikely and therefore requires faith to believe it. Others say evolution is a religious theory because it is driven by atheism.
No, evolution is a religious theory because it entails religious claims about God. Claims that, to a great many people, seem to be a given. These claims, as in Gould’s quote above, are taken to be so obvious that they are in no need of explaining or defending. In fact, they aren’t even religious. They simply are.
And so evolutionists do not understand the objection. They do not understand why their theory would be considered to be religious. Are they not simply reasoning according to evidence and science?
Meanwhile, the science shows evolution to be astronomically unlikely.
<nurface> writes;
Borrowed this, looks liks darweenie/evolution has once again been blowed out of the water..
Epigenetics does not "contradict' evolution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#616173 Apr 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
57,500,000 square miles.
Is that a lot?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616174 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see where I disagreed that fridges and ovens are basic needs??

They are nice to have, but not needs.

A stove maybe - cooked meat is far more nutritious than raw meat, but definitely not a fridge.
What's the matter with chopping and gathering wood?

Wimp.

Location hidden

#616175 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospitals charge a fee. Hospitals cost a lot of money to operate.
Doctors, nurses, admin people, janitors, etc all get a paycheck.
It costs money to wash linens, buy scalpels, toilet paper, awesome hospital butt robes, etc.
Healthcare is not free.
I didn't say it was free. Are teachers free? Are police free? Are firefighters free? Are roads free? Etc. etc. Education would probably be harder to defend as a natural right than healthcare, yet our children are educated with public money. Our protection is paid for with public money. Our police do not run a protection racket. They do not make sure you have the money before they agree to come rescue you. Our firefighters have no monetary interest in houses catching fire. Our doctors should have no financial interest in people getting sick.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#616176 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Lucky dog.

Was it a van down by the river?
Yes, as a matter of fact.

Location hidden

#616177 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, again.
Not "real Christians", they're not Christians at all - real or otherwise.
I've known a lot of convicts. In my days in construction I noticed they basically hired three types of men; carpenters/contractors, illegal aliens & convicts. I've worked with sooooo many of them. Also, my dad was an instructor at a prison for almost 10 years & I visited the prison often. Plus I've been to jail myself and seen them first hand. Also my brother was in prison for 2 years, I watched his lying ass "find God" for 2 years, then as soon as he convinced the authorities that he was a "good Christian man" that was repentant they let him out on parole. Within ONE month the son if a bitch was right back in.
Most convicts are like that, that's the "career criminal" they talk about.
They're a bunch of lying asshole thieves and you buy their "I'm a Christian" story because you think it helps you feel better that Christians are criminals because "most inmates are Christian".
Guess what?
You've been had.
You've been conned.
You absolutely cannot make the blanket statement that every incarcerated christian is faking it. As I said, I'm suspicious of the conversions that take place after arrest, but there's no way you can possibly know if someone who was a christian prior to jail was faking it all along. That's ridiculous, and is simply an attempt by you to defend the purity of your faith. You don't want to believe that someone could believe in jesus just as strongly as you do and still commit crime, because it tarnishes the ideas you have about the transformative power of christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 3 min Anjali 166
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 36,675
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 280,829
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min AussieBobby 44,245
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Steve III 618,239
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min DebraE 104,526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min truth 640,786
More from around the web