In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing to do with the posts. Nice attempt at deflection.

Here's a real deflection for ya!

I know the name of every human put on the Moon by Science.

How many were put there by faith?
Yeah.

But look how many it flew into buildings.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee you they all prayed before launch.

Shut it.
You'd have to pay on that guarantee.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
The only implication in the second paragraph is that those that DO have a problem than either develop a hate or become antagonistic to those that continue on their journey.
I do think that there's just as many dumb ass atheists as there are dumb ass Christians.
Sometimes science or faith just can't fix stupid....
Still not liking it. You don't have to believe in god to continue on your journey. There is no one way to figuring out this strange scenario we all find ourselves in. Some people choose to have faith in god (which I don't think is justified, but that's neither here nor there), and some people choose not to. That doesn't mean they're "stuck at a roadblock." And yes, there are idiots in all walks of life.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>I was not arguing proof of God. Just proof of faith.
We know that exists.

Believe me.

We know.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Et Tu Brute?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Me reaching? I'm not the one that said they "might" have done this or "maybe" they did that.
Lets go one step further.... "Maybe" they never went to the moon and it was just a hoax all along...
I "Know" that's what they said.
And I "Know" we went to the Moon.
No maybies about it......
My "might haves" weren't meant to imply that they didn't say it.. I guess I wasn't clear enough.. I was implying that they did say those things, but that doesn't mean god got them to the moon. There's really no debating that. Suppose one of those astronatus was muslim and he praised allah on the moon.. would that lend credence to the chance that allah is the real god?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>From your stance in this life, i would have to agree.. ALL Athiest and the scientology people think of themselves as a ''god''..

They/you believe that you have to answer to no one or God after death has taken you, you are the FOOL to think and believe that there isnt a suprem being who created this universe, and that one day when the breath that Gods giving you leaves your soul, then you will know who the fool was. You will have your proof, evidence and so on, you will have an Eternity to examine every detail..

Again tho, my post was correct as reffering to idols and false gods..
Uh huh.

Um... I mean....

Ooooo....now ahm skeert
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
From your stance in this life, i would have to agree.. ALL Athiest and the scientology people think of themselves as a ''god''..
They/you believe that you have to answer to no one or God after death has taken you, you are the FOOL to think and believe that there isnt a suprem being who created this universe, and that one day when the breath that Gods giving you leaves your soul, then you will know who the fool was. You will have your proof, evidence and so on, you will have an Eternity to examine every detail..
I love it when christards boast about how they know what will happen after we die.

Please continue to be a shining beacon of arrogance and ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text> I never claimed that! That was some other dude. I simply stated that I could see the comparison whether U see it or not.
So, in what way does you saying you "see the comparison" not equate to you saying that the bible contains the 2nd law of thermodynamics? It's not there to see. It's not a matter of you seeing it and me not seeing it, it's a matter of it not being there and your faith inducing you to see something that's not there.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Basically the point I was trying to make was that on here there are some that will constantly say that if one has faith, or believes in God, or any combination of the two, then those that do are deluded, not intelligent, backwards etc etc etc ad nauseum ......

I was just pointing out that that's not necessarily true. There are many men of science that do believe in science and God. That are much brighter than many people on here (especially me) lol!:)

For many, a strong faith is not a weakness in my opinion. And for many that say they tried but couldn't do it, then that only speaks of that persons personal roadblocks, or disappointments and cannot and should not be generalized towards everyone else.

Many of my posts are short and sometimes are cryptic, I know that; because I sometimes only have mere seconds to post something and my mind is sometimes overflowing with thoughts, and ideas like a Mentos in a diet Coke bottle.
Sometimes I read what I posted and say " Al, you really screwed that one up!" Lol!
And it may be the believers who have the roadblocks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
:)
Some humor for you :
Heard about this a few years back-

A few years ago at our Air Traffic Centre we received warning that an undisclosed number of US Air Force B2 Bombers would be crossing our FIR [Flight Information Region] at a particular time on a particular day. They would check in with us as they entered our airspace and check out again as they left. They gave us the callsign to expect, and the route was known, so it was logical to assume that they would contact us at a certain time at a certain place. The callsign and reporting points have been changed to protect the innocent. Being the then famous new 'Stealth' bombers we would know little about it but they would pay us the courtesy of letting us know they were there. Eric, a very capable controller with a keen sense of humour was on position, and heard, "UAE Area, this is USAFB2. This is a courtesy call advising that we are about to enter your airspace." Eric replied, "USAFB2, welcome to UAE Airspace, we have you on radar 200 miles out over LOTUS, hope you enjoy your visit." Without thinking the Stealth Bomber replied, "Thank you UAE, it a pleasure to be... Wait - you got us on Radar? 200 miles out? You shittin' me?" "That's affirmative USAFB2," said Eric, "I'm shittin' you. Enjoy your visit."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>My "might haves" weren't meant to imply that they didn't say it.. I guess I wasn't clear enough.. I was implying that they did say those things, but that doesn't mean god got them to the moon. There's really no debating that. Suppose one of those astronatus was muslim and he praised allah on the moon.. would that lend credence to the chance that allah is the real god?
Dude get real. You can't tell me that no dang turban is gonna fit in a stinkin space helmet.
nurface

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>See the kind of sick, vindictive thinking that religion inspires in some people?
"You'll know I was right when you're burning in hell forever." That's basically what you just said. Do you think that's ok? I think you're an idiot, and I would never wish such a thing on you.
And atheists do not think of themselves as god, and please do not compare atheists to scientologists. That's like saying someone who doesn't play baseball must play basketball. To find yourself does not require that you think of yourself as a god, it only requires you to realize that the self is the only thing we can truly know in this existence.
Listen,,just because i dont adhere to your sick and stupid way of thinking,(YOUR INSULTS AND LAME JOKES) and your total lack of common sence and understanding as well as your partner in crime, doesnt mean i would wish any one what YOU just said!!

So you can take your projecting and twisting of words elsewhere!!!

I never mentioned Hell, which btw is the grave (realm of the dead) you idiot!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>As a follower of Christ, I DO believe that they are right to have faith. Their faith, their reality got them to the moon.........
The rest of us ........ Well..... We're just behind a keyboard and a cup of old, cold Starbucks.
Actually, it's all the people on the ground who were paying attention to what they were doing that got them on the moon.

The astronauts themselves had their tasks, but face it. They were pretty much just along for the ride.

I posted a while ago about 2 local pilots who ran out of gas a couple miles short of the airport.

They credited their relatively minor injuries to the prayers they always said before every flight.

They'd have been better served spending that time checking their fuel.

And a perfectly good airplane wouldn't have gotten wrecked.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't call a faithful person deluded, just a product of their culture. I'm sure there were many highly intelligent people in ancient greece that believed in zeus, that doesn't make them stupid, just human - it's very easy to believe something when you are enculterated to do so.

I don't like the implication in your second paragraph. If some tries to believe in god, for whatever reason, and fails to do so, that doesn't necessarily mean there is a "roadblock" or a disappointment preventing them from "progressing" on their journey. Some people's journeys through life do not need to include god. Some people can't bring themselves to believe because they are the types of people to require evidence for their beliefs. Some people might not be able to believe because they can't find any significant differences between the various religions. The point is, if someone tries to believe in god and fails it doesn't necessarily mean they are experiencing a "spiritual roadblock." I don't think you would like it if I called your faith an "intellectual roadblock."
Good post.

I agree 100%.

I also find it interesting that so few religious can accept that other religious have the same certainty that their beliefs are the only right beliefs.

RR thinks that if he was born and raised in India, he'd still believe in Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen,,just because i dont adhere to your sick and stupid way of thinking,(YOUR INSULTS AND LAME JOKES) and your total lack of common sence and understanding as well as your partner in crime, doesnt mean i would wish any one what YOU just said!!
So you can take your projecting and twisting of words elsewhere!!!
I never mentioned Hell, which btw is the grave (realm of the dead) you idiot!!
So what does this mean:

"and that one day when the breath that Gods giving you leaves your soul, then you will know who the fool was. You will have your proof, evidence and so on, you will have an Eternity to examine every detail.. "

If you weren't talking about hell, what were you talking about? What other place would an unbeliever have to contemplate the folly of their ways for eternity? I don't think I twisted your words at all.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
From your stance in this life, i would have to agree.. ALL Athiest and the scientology people think of themselves as a ''god''..
You write:
"ALL Athiest and the scientology people think of themselves as a ''god''.."

Hey....I'm an atheist and I certainly don't think I'm a 'God'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
I agree 100%.
I also find it interesting that so few religious can accept that other religious have the same certainty that their beliefs are the only right beliefs.
RR thinks that if he was born and raised in India, he'd still believe in Jesus.
I know. It's pretty funny. I can imagine a scenario in which I might have ended up a dedicated christian, so why can't most religious people imagine a scenario in which they were a dedicated (insert different religion)?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

638 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 3 min Richies Cool Man Diary 90
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 5 min cretin56 4,098
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min hojo 532,792
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Charlie Sheen 256,518
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 25 min Caesar- 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 25 min andet1987 858
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Buck Crick 224,186
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min GodsLovestheBestLove 115,103
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 172,401
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••