|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
He is afraid to admitt that comparison is a reasonable truth,as well as the many other things science has now confirmed with what God said thousands of years ago.. and also afraid of what his topix friends will think of em.. And yes of course he looooves to argue...
Go ahead and list some example of science confirming "what god said." You can't just make that claim without providing evidence. Was it you who posted that link of "fulfilled prophecies" earlier? That was hilarious. Let's have some more of that. I'll follow it up with some nostrodamus.

And what do you mean "comparison is a reasonable truth." That doesn't even make any sense.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When you say that the faith of smart men can't be dismissed as "folly," it basically sounds like you're saying they were right to have faith and that their faith is justified by reality. If that's not what you meant, ok, but it didn't sound to me like you were just claiming that they had a strong faith in god.
Basically the point I was trying to make was that on here there are some that will constantly say that if one has faith, or believes in God, or any combination of the two, then those that do are deluded, not intelligent, backwards etc etc etc ad nauseum ......

I was just pointing out that that's not necessarily true. There are many men of science that do believe in science and God. That are much brighter than many people on here (especially me) lol!:)

For many, a strong faith is not a weakness in my opinion. And for many that say they tried but couldn't do it, then that only speaks of that persons personal roadblocks, or disappointments and cannot and should not be generalized towards everyone else.

Many of my posts are short and sometimes are cryptic, I know that; because I sometimes only have mere seconds to post something and my mind is sometimes overflowing with thoughts, and ideas like a Mentos in a diet Coke bottle.
Sometimes I read what I posted and say " Al, you really screwed that one up!" Lol!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Whatever happened to Yellowdog, Buck Crick, Kaitlin, Hidingfromyou, Double Fine and those other characters?!
They're still out there. I some on Topix, others I sometimes communicate with on other media.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well. duh. lol.
:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever happened to Yellowdog, Buck Crick, Kaitlin, Hidingfromyou, Double Fine and those other characters?!
Most however are on different threads
nurface

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So this is a well constructed sentence? "mm. Anyway, U seem to think that mocking and asking questions that can't be outright proven when compared to the language of the past that may or may not have been interpreted correctly or which may or may not have been a direct or indirect references to what we see and discover today is proof that there is no relationship between science and reigion."

And I never claimed to have any truths. I claim to have ideas that are supported by evidence. You claim to see a connection between the bible and the 1st law of thermodynamics - a law that you clearly do not understand.
Sciences "shortcomings," if they can be called that, do not translate into religion's truths.
lol,,
Thats a bold claim,care to show proof of that? Or is that just another one of ''your opinions'' which you think are truth?

So you openly admitt that religion does have truth!!! WOW,, u just may be transforming more to human as you type.
Just because science cannot yet give us a definitive answer for the start of the universe does not mean goddidit.
Yes it does! Its funny how you picked only ''one'' thing off that site to find fault in.. What baout the other 100???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When you say that the faith of smart men can't be dismissed as "folly," it basically sounds like you're saying they were right to have faith and that their faith is justified by reality. If that's not what you meant, ok, but it didn't sound to me like you were just claiming that they had a strong faith in god.
As a follower of Christ, I DO believe that they are right to have faith. Their faith, their reality got them to the moon.........
The rest of us ........ Well..... We're just behind a keyboard and a cup of old, cold Starbucks.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically the point I was trying to make was that on here there are some that will constantly say that if one has faith, or believes in God, or any combination of the two, then those that do are deluded, not intelligent, backwards etc etc etc ad nauseum ......
I was just pointing out that that's not necessarily true. There are many men of science that do believe in science and God. That are much brighter than many people on here (especially me) lol!:)
For many, a strong faith is not a weakness in my opinion. And for many that say they tried but couldn't do it, then that only speaks of that persons personal roadblocks, or disappointments and cannot and should not be generalized towards everyone else.
Many of my posts are short and sometimes are cryptic, I know that; because I sometimes only have mere seconds to post something and my mind is sometimes overflowing with thoughts, and ideas like a Mentos in a diet Coke bottle.
Sometimes I read what I posted and say " Al, you really screwed that one up!" Lol!
I wouldn't call a faithful person deluded, just a product of their culture. I'm sure there were many highly intelligent people in ancient greece that believed in zeus, that doesn't make them stupid, just human - it's very easy to believe something when you are enculterated to do so.

I don't like the implication in your second paragraph. If some tries to believe in god, for whatever reason, and fails to do so, that doesn't necessarily mean there is a "roadblock" or a disappointment preventing them from "progressing" on their journey. Some people's journeys through life do not need to include god. Some people can't bring themselves to believe because they are the types of people to require evidence for their beliefs. Some people might not be able to believe because they can't find any significant differences between the various religions. The point is, if someone tries to believe in god and fails it doesn't necessarily mean they are experiencing a "spiritual roadblock." I don't think you would like it if I called your faith an "intellectual roadblock."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

The Moon.... The "Star" Bucks.... Get the connec....
Awwww....never mind.... Fuhgit it.......
nurface

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

<quoted text>
See U're all mouth and no ears. I know people like U that love to talk about what they think they know to people who don't know but when someone puts them on the spot they get all offended, swing some elbows, and opt out. U'll go out of your way to jump off subject to take a slick jab at someone but U can't stand there like a man and tell the world that U coud be wrong about what U think science knows for sure.
He is a puppet on a string. Afraid to think for em self, saddd..
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
From your stance in this life, i would have to agree.. ALL Athiest and the scientology people think of themselves as a ''god''..
They/you believe that you have to answer to no one or God after death has taken you, you are the FOOL to think and believe that there isnt a suprem being who created this universe, and that one day when the breath that Gods giving you leaves your soul, then you will know who the fool was. You will have your proof, evidence and so on, you will have an Eternity to examine every detail..
Again tho, my post was correct as reffering to idols and false gods..
youre lying,I dont think of myself as god,nor do most atheists

why do kristains LIE so much?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
lol,,
Thats a bold claim,care to show proof of that? Or is that just another one of ''your opinions'' which you think are truth?
So you openly admitt that religion does have truth!!! WOW,, u just may be transforming more to human as you type.
<quoted text>
Yes it does! Its funny how you picked only ''one'' thing off that site to find fault in.. What baout the other 100???
What's a bold claim? That genesis 2:1 has nothing to do with the 1st law of thermodynamics? That's as mild a claim as you can get - it would be immediately clear to any objective observer that one is not like the other.

And I never said anything about religion having truth. It may offer some subjective help to certain people, but it certainly contains no practical life lessons that could not be learned using common sense. Your religion is not unique in commanding people to help the poor. It might be unique in it's extolling of the pleasing aroma of ox, however.

Link the site again. I'm sorry, but when it already started off this bad, you can't expect me to take anything else it says seriously. The author has demonstrated that he is not interested in truth, he is interested in promoting his hackneyed ideas about biblical prophecy and science.

And did you really just say that because science can't currently tell us how the universe started that goddidit? So, before we knew where lightning came from and science couldn't explain it, did that mean goddidit then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
As a follower of Christ, I DO believe that they are right to have faith. Their faith, their reality got them to the moon.........
The rest of us ........ Well..... We're just behind a keyboard and a cup of old, cold Starbucks.
You are reaching. Their faith had nothing to do with getting to the moon. Science got them to the moon. They might have paid lip service to it once they were up there, and maybe they prayed before take off, but you can't turn prayer into rocket fuel. If they didn't have faith, they would have found another source of motivation if they needed it. Without science, we'd still be stuck on the ground.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't call a faithful person deluded, just a product of their culture. I'm sure there were many highly intelligent people in ancient greece that believed in zeus, that doesn't make them stupid, just human - it's very easy to believe something when you are enculterated to do so.
I don't like the implication in your second paragraph. If some tries to believe in god, for whatever reason, and fails to do so, that doesn't necessarily mean there is a "roadblock" or a disappointment preventing them from "progressing" on their journey. Some people's journeys through life do not need to include god. Some people can't bring themselves to believe because they are the types of people to require evidence for their beliefs. Some people might not be able to believe because they can't find any significant differences between the various religions. The point is, if someone tries to believe in god and fails it doesn't necessarily mean they are experiencing a "spiritual roadblock." I don't think you would like it if I called your faith an "intellectual roadblock."
The only implication in the second paragraph is that those that DO have a problem than either develop a hate or become antagonistic to those that continue on their journey.
I do think that there's just as many dumb ass atheists as there are dumb ass Christians.
Sometimes science or faith just can't fix stupid....

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
They're still out there. I some on Topix, others I sometimes communicate with on other media.
I was sure wondering. Usually their posts would take up 2 or 3 pages at a time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are reaching. Their faith had nothing to do with getting to the moon. Science got them to the moon. They might have paid lip service to it once they were up there, and maybe they prayed before take off, but you can't turn prayer into rocket fuel. If they didn't have faith, they would have found another source of motivation if they needed it. Without science, we'd still be stuck on the ground.
Me reaching? I'm not the one that said they "might" have done this or "maybe" they did that.
Lets go one step further.... "Maybe" they never went to the moon and it was just a hoax all along...

I "Know" that's what they said.
And I "Know" we went to the Moon.

No maybies about it......

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude.. wtf are you talking about. You did not "put me on the spot." I literally just said "I don't have the truth, I have ideas backed by evidence," but you edited that part out. One thing I do know is that the bible does not describe the law of conservation, and no amount of pleading and posturing will change that. Do you have any evidence? No, you don't. You have run on sentences that mean next to nothing. You miss the joke whe someone compares your posts to a fluffy paragraph about merlin. In short, you are dumb.
The only point of contention that we have is your idiotic claim that the bible describes the 1st law of thermodynamics. I claim that the bible in no way describes the law of conservation, while you do - and you back this up with feeble reaching filled with "ifs," "maybes," and "could haves." The bible is a nice book, and if you like it, good for you, but to act as if it has anything to do with modern science is delusion, pure and simple. If god wanted to describe the law of conservation, why not just straight up describe it with no vague language? Don't give me a cop out about a "different time," to god, time doesn't matter. He could have transcribed anything he wanted into the bible.
I never claimed that! That was some other dude. I simply stated that I could see the comparison whether U see it or not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
The only implication in the second paragraph is that those that DO have a problem than either develop a hate or become antagonistic to those that continue on their journey.
I do think that there's just as many dumb ass atheists as there are dumb ass Christians.
Sometimes science or faith just can't fix stupid....
*then ... Not "than"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

<quoted text>
I was sure wondering. Usually their posts would take up 2 or 3 pages at a time.
Riiiiight!!!!? Lol!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre lying,I dont think of myself as god,nor do most atheists
why do kristains LIE so much?
Most Atheists????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

409 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine Eleven 2 min Dr_Zorderz 62
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min The Awakener 1,652
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liam 533,876
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min ISLAMIC TERROR APOLOGETIC 115,820
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min WasteWater 257,174
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min lisw 172,594
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 20 min Ariana Grande Butera 152
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr varun 125
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 hr bottom1980 484
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••