Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong with "playing nice"? It has to start somewhere, with somebody, otherwise, we are no better than those jackasses fighting their eternal war in the Middle East.
Of course there is nothing wrong with it.

But put it this way, Riverside Redneck said he would tell his children to jump and they wouldn't even ask how high. And he even laughed about it. You're right, nobody is perfect, and some just happen to have zero empathy and other human traits as their flaw, rofl. Don't create peace with him. He's on the same level as these topix atheists.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>As is Everett's Many Worlds hypothesis and whether information is permanently lost(so far) at the event horizon of a black hole; all unfalsifiable, yet NOT worthless speculation. You are merely running scared when you try to shoot down one hypothesis over another, claiming it worthless. Fear has no place in true freethinker mode.
I find all your assertions biased toward a specific criteria.
But you call that free thinking, when it is actually highly opinionated thinking. What's even worse about it is there doesn't have to be evidence for you to support your biased opinion.
I do not pick and choose hypothesis by what I want to believe, I pick and choose them by the evidence that supports them.

In this case with "quantum consciousness" nearly all predictions have been falsified. So it is rejected due to lack of evidence.

With Penrose and his Orch-OR theory which is simply asserting that wave collapse is caused by the brain, is destroyed by
The theory of Decoherence. The only thing scientific about it , was that it was testable, but it failed so pick and choose how you like nano.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing for you that breathing is autonomic, otherwise you'd probably forget.
So I take it I won?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More opinion?
More speculation?
More unfounded assertions?
I am gonna go ahead and assume that your opinion is based on your experience with maybe a handful of Christians. If that's so, how could you ever think that you have the knowledge to label Christianity and/or Christians?
I've know nine people in my life who were "born again", and every one of them shared one common trait - they were all at an extremely devastating point in their lives. Be it divorce, death of a loved one, job loss, extramarital affairs, etc., then and only then did they supposedly have god enter their psyche. I have never known anyone that was doing well in life proclaim they were converted to Christianity. Am I speculating? Of course I am. Your case is rather unique to me for the reasons I've just given. I wonder how many other believers parallel your experience?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it I won?
Won?!

Won what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is nothing wrong with it.
But put it this way, Riverside Redneck said he would tell his children to jump and they wouldn't even ask how high. And he even laughed about it. You're right, nobody is perfect, and some just happen to have zero empathy and other human traits as their flaw, rofl. Don't create peace with him. He's on the same level as these topix atheists.
Why do you have such a problem with children obeying the parent?

What's the deal with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've know nine people in my life who were "born again", and every one of them shared one common trait - they were all at an extremely devastating point in their lives. Be it divorce, death of a loved one, job loss, extramarital affairs, etc., then and only then did they supposedly have god enter their psyche. I have never known anyone that was doing well in life proclaim they were converted to Christianity. Am I speculating? Of course I am. Your case is rather unique to me for the reasons I've just given. I wonder how many other believers parallel your experience?
Of course neither one of us can answer that. We both are going off of personal experience.

I'm sorry that your only experience with those nine people showed being born again in a negative way to you, or as a last resort to happiness kind of thing.

My experience with it is much different. I've known hundreds of Christians and most of them have a similar story to mine. Very few that I've known seek out God only in times of dispair.

I think that those nine people you've known tried finding God for the wrong reason - they only wanted His help. Based on my experience and knowledge, God doesn't work that way. It's the whole free will thing.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have such a problem with children obeying the parent?
What's the deal with that?
What sort of parent are you if it is not OK for your kids to ask how high, and other questions when you are telling them to do something?

There is a huge deal with it, and your pathetic excuses without bases of logic don't work.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He was raised to be a good little christian boy.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know. Your athitard buddies stop you from having any other thought than what they have.
You're such a follower.
Typical christard judgement, thinking I'm an atheist because I dont share your POV.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course neither one of us can answer that. We both are going off of personal experience.
I'm sorry that your only experience with those nine people showed being born again in a negative way to you, or as a last resort to happiness kind of thing.
My experience with it is much different. I've known hundreds of Christians and most of them have a similar story to mine. Very few that I've known seek out God only in times of dispair.
I think that those nine people you've known tried finding God for the wrong reason - they only wanted His help. Based on my experience and knowledge, God doesn't work that way. It's the whole free will thing.
You were raised to be a good little christian urchin, of course you are different.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I go with scientific evidence.
So do you -- assuming that when you get sick, you seek the care of a medical SCIENCE doctor.
So be honest with yourself. Even you are aware of the track record of prayer alone.
lol
i don't get sick much these days by the grace of God. but, if & when i do, i'll take a prescription derived from God's green earth and thank Him for it. altho if a 'dr' tried to push an antichrist theory regarding the origin of the universe, i'd tell him to use it for his own colonoscopy;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the scientific record, I believe its over a billion.
It's amazing how the puzzle fits, if one doesn't rely on willful ignorance to maintain one's delusion.
Ever hear of evolutionary biology?
Look it up. It's going to be a required course in medical schools within a few years. Amazing stuff.
"According to the scientific record"

i didn't know 'scientists' were around and keeping records that long ago! do you have some 'records' from billions of years ago that you read and can show me?

if one of your scientist/prophet/priests told you to 'go jump in a lake of fire', would you do it?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No.
:-(

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> "Inexistence claims"?
Claims of certainty that God doesn't exist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of parent are you if it is not OK for your kids to ask how high, and other questions when you are telling them to do something?
There is a huge deal with it, and your pathetic excuses without bases of logic don't work.
Because being a strong parent is being a good parent. Kids need to learn discipline. Everyone does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical christard judgement, thinking I'm an atheist because I dont share your POV.
Nope. It's based on your posts and you screen name.

your lack of belief in God is evident.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You were raised to be a good little christian urchin, of course you are different.
Aw, thanks honey.

hold me.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Al. By saying what you say here, would mean that BILLIONS of people who do NOT believe in your Christ can't have a purpose in their lives and that simply is not true.
Are you claiming that CONFUCIUS had no purpose? That Mahatma Gandhi had no purpose? Albert Einstein- no purpose?
Are you trying to claim that the tens of thousands of people throughout history who most definitely DID have a purpose and who fulfilled that purpose but who didn't believe in your Christ were "wrong" and really didn't learn about themselves or know themselves?
You seem to be equating a belief in your Christ with a person's life having validity.
Sorry- I very strongly disagree.
No..... that's not what I was saying.

please read it again

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> You're right, it's not an easy subject, but we can be civil and share our opinions right?
I will give you my own personal thoughts on consciousness shortly.
I think I was being civil. Note that you will need to provide evidence for your thoughts - no "we haven't solved the hard problem yet, therefore consciousness is immaterial."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 584,161 - 584,180 of715,655
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

477 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Oxbow 529,574
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min yon 1,361
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min onemale 255,481
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Zioni 114,499
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Buck Crick 222,980
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 41 min andet1987 3,849
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 46 min umesh 15
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 93,103
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••