Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#615691 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one, religion played a major role in the American Revolution by offering a moral sanction for opposition to the British.
And Christians played a huge role in the foundations of American freedom.
For one...
There's plenty of examples throughout history where religion played a pivotal role in progress.
Oh, bollocks.

Religion played a pivotal rĂ´le in just about every single major conflict in recent history.

Okay, perhaps not the War of Jenkin's Ear.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#615692 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of them have. They argue that there is no heaven or hell and that when we die we simply become dead matter.
Provide links to posts! Put in the effort to back up your claim. All I've ever said about hell is that it's not in the original bible and that it's original, and current meaning have nothing to do with Christianity or catholicism.

You seem to be ok with baseless claims on your end, but have a problem when others do the same if it doesn't agree with you POV. Keep waiving the flag of hypocrisy.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#615693 Apr 12, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Check my response to your earlier post, and deal with the fact that i done told you..
Instead of posting your stupid accusations! Wipe your feces out of your eyes.
I see you're unable to accept the fact that hell is never mentioned in the bible. Go back to your baseless claims about the afterlife, christard.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#615694 Apr 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You have that exactly wrong.
The only way to see any of that as "prophesy" is by WANTING to see it as prophesy.
I responded earlier to this, but must have got lost in cyber space somewhere, anyway.

The only way to see it as ''not propesy'' is by NOT WANTING to see it as prophesy.
That's called confirmation bias.
Yup! <Crickets chirping>
See if you can look at it with the eyes of a skeptic.
I bet you can't. Yet I can see exactly how you're able to twist and mangle it to fit your need to believe.
I have looked at this life through the eyes of an Athiest most of my teen years Areo.

Serious question.

Your position implies that you have indeed searched out and deeply examined all proposed evidences of God and found them all lacking. With that said.

Do you ''truly know'' that God doesnt exist?

Or could it be that you have chosen what MAN kind has told you?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#615695 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll be disappointed to know that Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
Sorry.
Yeah , the Chinese found out how to make American dollars by making stuff to sell us, since it says "in god we trust" on it ...
they discovered god. Pretty soon they will be a democracy of god believers with all our money, and us the communists who are busted broke and tired.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#615696 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Definitely antichrist science. That's my favorite kind. My favorite antichrist science is evolution, where they find all those bones the devil planted and they try to act like they prove anything! Those science witches are hilarious!

i like bones; God made them and i have some too! what's antichrist about finding old bones?

the devil don't do shit except lie & steal what ain't his.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#615697 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Lord, forgive them for their ignorance.

Atheists believe there are no gods.

Atheists believe we are nothing more than organic life.

Atheists believe that when we die, we just turn off and that's all.

You need proof of that?
Where were you before you were born?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#615698 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing to do with the posts. Nice attempt at deflection.
Here's a real deflection for ya!
I know the name of every human put on the Moon by Science.
How many were put there by faith?
All of them. Ask any of them or their wives if they were not praying before, during and after the mission.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615699 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's because I'm intelligent.

Knowing yourself is one of the easiest things to do.
No.

It's because you're shallow.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#615700 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Among the starving and illiterate.
That's the target demographic, yes?
What a silly statement. They want their plates full of money as well as their pews full.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615701 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. You'd indoctrinate your kids into your way of thinking. You'd brainwash them. At least you admit it.

And no, the existence gods never came up in history class.
My kid's history classes covered religions.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615702 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>My son is now 23 years old.

He has known since childhood that I am not a believer. I was always open about my views, and he never showed much interest in the subject of religion.

We seldom discussed religion in the home.

Not once did I "teach [him] about no God and no religion."

Obviously, he must have taken my views into consideration in forming his own views. But I always made clear that he was free to believe whatever he decided to believe (just as I did with respect to his views on politics). And I honestly don't know what his thoughts about religion are today.
Same with my kids.

Although they do point out some of the more ludicrous goings on of the religious.

Not long ago, there were a bunch of nut jobs worshipping a knothole on a tree that "looked like the Virgin Mary".

And I took them to see The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told.

The protesters were as entertaining as the play. I went back the next day to video some.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615703 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Funny...

I thought people's ingenuity got us to the moon...

People of faith, too...
But their faith had nothing to do with it.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#615704 Apr 12, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>What a silly statement. They want their plates full of money as well as their pews full.
Confucius say.. Man who fart in church, sit in own pew.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615705 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So then atheist beliefs can teach us nothing?

Good.

Baby steps...
What atheist beliefs?

I tend to instill humanist beliefs in my kids.

I think I've done well in that respect.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615706 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Then you'll be disappointed to know that Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.

Sorry.
Too bad education is being repressed.

I don't think that will last forever.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#615707 Apr 12, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually all of them know it's a delusion.
We don't see many giving away all their worldly possessions. They surely would if they were 100% certain. So would you and I.
With modern medicine, almost all Xian men would be "able" to make themselves eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom. A few still do. Most ignore.
Sadly, I think most of them do NOT know it's a delusion.

We have RR, for one- right here- repeatedly stating that he KNOWS there is a god and not only that, that the god he KNOWS exists is EVERYONE'S god!

Now that may speak of RR being delusional, but in his DELUSIONAL mind, what he claims to "know" is a fact and not at all a delusion.

Nope- they give away NOTHING and actually amass more and more.

Right you are- if I had proof of the existence of a god and the bible god that RR claims to KNOW exists, I sure would give every single thing I have away to those less fortunate than I am- lock, stock and barrel- assuming I adhered to the DICTATES of the bible, that is.

Well, while there aren't too many Christian eunuchs these days in the LITERAL sense, there sure are a LOT of them in a figurative sense given just how impotent they are in trying to get the entire world to not only believe there IS a god, but specifically "their" god of the bible.

And those like RR are indeed ball-less wonders!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615708 Apr 12, 2013
Hello delusional ones -- regarding the "power of prayer"....

What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."

We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.

Will anything happen?

Of course not. It's a delusion.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#615709 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord, forgive them for their ignorance.
Atheists believe there are no gods.
Atheists believe we are nothing more than organic life.
Atheists believe that when we die, we just turn off and that's all.
You need proof of that?
I can live with all the above. Why can't you? Why do you need more?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615710 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You said he was inside space and outside space. You said our mind can see him but our scientific instruments cannot. In what way can our mind see something that we cannot see with our tools? This requires the existence of some spiritual realm for which we have no evidence. That is vague, contradictory, and meaningless.
He is inside and outside of space and time. That's part of being omnipresent.

I said we can detect Him, not see Him. Context is key, my man.

Of course we don't have evidence of a spiritual realm, we can't detect it. but that doesn't mean anytihng.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Peace_Warrior 619,253
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min truth 668,058
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,951
MIELE BAYRAMPASA SERVISI 2I2) 2O2 62 34 ) 2O2 6... 1 hr birimariza 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 hr Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 46,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web