Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615710 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You said he was inside space and outside space. You said our mind can see him but our scientific instruments cannot. In what way can our mind see something that we cannot see with our tools? This requires the existence of some spiritual realm for which we have no evidence. That is vague, contradictory, and meaningless.
He is inside and outside of space and time. That's part of being omnipresent.

I said we can detect Him, not see Him. Context is key, my man.

Of course we don't have evidence of a spiritual realm, we can't detect it. but that doesn't mean anytihng.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615711 Apr 12, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
HELLO? You shot down my "allegations" with "logic?"
What this posters one calls "allegations" -- were 7 direct quotes from Jesus.
The early Christian writers didn't have a problem with the "logic."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I stand by my statement. The main thing is the easy dogma.
This poster claims Jesus was just blowing smoke about the tough things, as were the Patristic writers.
Delusions don't require great personal sacrifice -- certainly no lifestyle changes -- because they know in their heart it's not real.
Oh, geez....

An inflamed ego - a sure sign of atheism.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#615713 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll be disappointed to know that Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
Sorry.
How is that possible? Are you saying that more people believe in Christianity than there are people?

In the meantime:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...

"Everyone agrees that our culture has become far more secular and hostile to Christian faith over the past two generations, but what are the factors causing that change?

Many in the evangelical and Reformed world see the decline starting in the early 20th century when most of the mainline denominations and their affiliated academic institutions and foundations fell into the hands of theological modernists and liberals. But it can't be as simple as that."

"America is a less Christian nation than it was 20 years ago, and Christianity is not losing out to other religions, but primarily to a rejection of religion altogether, a survey published Monday found.
Survey finds percentage of of Americans identifying themselves as Christian has fallen over two decades.

Survey finds percentage of of Americans identifying themselves as Christian has fallen over two decades.

Seventy-five percent of Americans call themselves Christian, according to the American Religious Identification Survey from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut. In 1990, the figure was 86 percent."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/03/0...

RR, you DO know that the above represents an 11% DECLINE in Christians in the USA, don't you???

Sorry for your luck that you have to post lies about the religion you claim to know so much about.

Like I said earlier, you don't know SQUAT.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615714 Apr 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR. I never said MY fridge or MY health insurance.
I was talking about people who have to do WITHOUT what most Americans now consider necessities though of course, REFRIGERATORS have LONG been a necessity; regardless, I was NOT talking about MYSELF, you IDIOT!!!
STFU- you are just too stupid today!!
Fridges are a necessity?

huh...

I've always considered them a luxury...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615715 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of them have. They argue that there is no heaven or hell and that when we die we simply become dead matter.
That's the most likely outcome.

But nobody KNOWS.

That's right, RR.

Nobody.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615716 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that.
He must have figured God would take care of things.
Ya.

Maybe Jesus took the wheel...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615717 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He is inside and outside of space and time. That's part of being omnipresent.
I said we can detect Him, not see Him. Context is key, my man.
Of course we don't have evidence of a spiritual realm, we can't detect it. but that doesn't mean anytihng.
See.. detect.. semantics at this point. If he's inside of space then shouldn't we have found some sort of evidence of him by now? Or does he intentionally hide all traces to mess with us?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615718 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You sure are comfortable labeling entire groups of people "not true christians."
I am???

O_o

Here, Timmy, just for you I'll post it one more time.

"I would never say that a group of people are true Christians"

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615719 Apr 12, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>I responded earlier to this, but must have got lost in cyber space somewhere, anyway.

The only way to see it as ''not propesy'' is by NOT WANTING to see it as prophesy.

[QUOTE]That's called confirmation bias."

Yup! <Crickets chirping>

[QUOTE]
See if you can look at it with the eyes of a skeptic.
I bet you can't. Yet I can see exactly how you're able to twist and mangle it to fit your need to believe. "

I have looked at this life through the eyes of an Athiest most of my teen years Areo.

Serious question.

Your position implies that you have indeed searched out and deeply examined all proposed evidences of God and found them all lacking. With that said.

Do you ''truly know'' that God doesnt exist?

Or could it be that you have chosen what MAN kind has told you?
I've never claimed to KNOW.

I see no evidence.

I see the people who claim to know behaving badly and foolishly in spite of their claims to have this connection to the almighty.

Religion provides no satisfactory answers and believing in god produces exactly the same results as not believing in god.

I cannot fathom a superior being that would torture its creations for the simple fault of not worshipping it.

I would imagine a superior being having respect for a critical mind, not contempt.

With all of the religions claiming to be the "one true religion", there becomes only two possibilities.

Either one, and only one, of them is actually true.

Or they are all false.

I find the latter much more likely.

I'm also free to learn my life lessons from my own actual experiences rather than having somebody telling me how to model my life based on some ancient text.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615720 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Did your kid know about Jesus before you taught him?
I never taught him.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615721 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Fridges are a necessity?

huh...

Maybe at one time.

Not any more.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615722 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fridges are a necessity?
huh...
Wonderful! Then DONATE yours to someone who does NOT consider it a luxury- maybe they need a cooling appliance for baby formula or any other item that MUST be kept refrigerated or cold......

Speaking of luxuries, what the HELL are YOU of ALL people doing with a CELL phone??

Talk about what really IS still a luxury!

Give that phone to someone who is in an abusive relationship and has no means of communication with the outside world or to get help.

RR, you're so full of SH*T you stink to the high heaven you believe in.

What a CROCK.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#615723 Apr 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , the Chinese found out how to make American dollars by making stuff to sell us, since it says "in god we trust" on it ...
they discovered god. Pretty soon they will be a democracy of god believers with all our money, and us the communists who are busted broke and tired.
Chinese made American flags?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615725 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fridges are a necessity?
huh...
So you also consider eating food that is perishable and must be kept cold to be a luxury- interesting.....

Does that include the numerous 6 packs of beer you guzzle every week?

Or do you like your Budweiser (read: piss water) to be just as warm as actual piss is??

You have SO stepped outside the bounds of honesty that it isn't even funny.

If you consider a refrigerator to be a luxury, then it stands to reason you consider the following items to be luxuries as well:

Washing machines-(do you have your wife go down to the river and beat your clothes on a rock?)

Televisions- yep- they definitely ARE luxuries- especially the big wide screen ones.

Computers- you shouldn't even be using one- doesn't matter if it's yours or your employer's.

Regular landline telephones- if you still have it, disconnect it while also giving your CELL phone away.

Any sort of music device- be it a radio, record player or CD player- you have no business owning such luxuries when you could have given the money you spent on those luxuries to the poor.

Oven- don't need that either- you can cook on an open flame outdoors.

Dishwasher- DEFINITELY not needed- sell yours and give the money to those who truly need it.

Take ALL of your many gizmos and gadgets and sell those and give that money away too.

Also, all of your clothes except for maybe 2 pairs of each item- including your man panties.

As a matter of fact, going by your logic, ELECTRICITY is a "luxury" so have yours disconnected and then give the money you would have spent on it to those who really need it.

Cars? You've mentioned you drive a truck- I am assuming your wife also has a vehicle- those can be directly donated to any number of charities which accept cars and then you and your wife can get bicycles.

But gee....I guess bicycles are a luxury in that bizarre world you live in so forget that- walk instead.

You'll build up all the callouses you both need on your feet to walk barefoot in no time, because don't forget....

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615726 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*struggling*
So Catholics are "true Christians"?
By you?
Aye carumba....

No. I said, "I would never say that a group of people are true Christians".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615727 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, LaVeyans again.
Okay.
In all fairness, there are atheist Satanists and theist Satanists.

Atheist Satanists don't believe in gods and don't believe Satan is real. They just use the idea of Satan as an immoral compass.

Theist Satanists believe Satan is real and worship him.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615728 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the faith did it.
Sure it was. Everyone involved, probably, had faith that we could do it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615729 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Among the starving and illiterate.
That's the target demographic, yes?
OOOHHH!!! Ima tell theCanadians, Chinese & Norwegians what you said....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615730 Apr 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the child doesn't know how high you want them to jump?
I lick them in the face until their head falls off, then shit down their neck.

So?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615731 Apr 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, more unprovable garbage from our favorite fundie.
Can you back up tour claim with evidence? Nope? It's too bad you can't accept reality. If your zombie man-god did exist, he's likely long dead. Deal with it.
HA HA HA !!!

I notice you've added "if" and "likely" to your repertoire of snappy comebacks.

Loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Cat 46,227
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 691,986
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 388
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 7 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 8 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web