Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#615375 Apr 11, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the scientific record, I believe its over a billion.
It's amazing how the puzzle fits, if one doesn't rely on willful ignorance to maintain one's delusion.
Ever hear of evolutionary biology?
Look it up. It's going to be a required course in medical schools within a few years. Amazing stuff.
"According to the scientific record"

i didn't know 'scientists' were around and keeping records that long ago! do you have some 'records' from billions of years ago that you read and can show me?

if one of your scientist/prophet/priests told you to 'go jump in a lake of fire', would you do it?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#615376 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No.
:-(

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#615377 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> "Inexistence claims"?
Claims of certainty that God doesn't exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615378 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of parent are you if it is not OK for your kids to ask how high, and other questions when you are telling them to do something?
There is a huge deal with it, and your pathetic excuses without bases of logic don't work.
Because being a strong parent is being a good parent. Kids need to learn discipline. Everyone does.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615379 Apr 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical christard judgement, thinking I'm an atheist because I dont share your POV.
Nope. It's based on your posts and you screen name.

your lack of belief in God is evident.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615380 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You were raised to be a good little christian urchin, of course you are different.
Aw, thanks honey.

hold me.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#615381 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Al. By saying what you say here, would mean that BILLIONS of people who do NOT believe in your Christ can't have a purpose in their lives and that simply is not true.
Are you claiming that CONFUCIUS had no purpose? That Mahatma Gandhi had no purpose? Albert Einstein- no purpose?
Are you trying to claim that the tens of thousands of people throughout history who most definitely DID have a purpose and who fulfilled that purpose but who didn't believe in your Christ were "wrong" and really didn't learn about themselves or know themselves?
You seem to be equating a belief in your Christ with a person's life having validity.
Sorry- I very strongly disagree.
No..... that's not what I was saying.

please read it again

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615382 Apr 11, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> You're right, it's not an easy subject, but we can be civil and share our opinions right?
I will give you my own personal thoughts on consciousness shortly.
I think I was being civil. Note that you will need to provide evidence for your thoughts - no "we haven't solved the hard problem yet, therefore consciousness is immaterial."

Location hidden

#615383 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no fallacy, it's the truth. Convicts like to make people think they've "found God" in prison. They do this because they think it'll help them in court, with an early release, etc.
I find it off that you "rational" people believe the convicts when they try to say that they're Christian.
I'm suspicious of conversions that take place after incarceration, but what about people who were christian before arrest? Is it not possible to commit a crime while being christian?

Location hidden

#615384 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'll freeze to death first.
Really? You need to become more comfortable with your sexuality, bro.

Location hidden

#615385 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's selfish to think that "finding yourself" is the most important thing you can do.
I consider finding yourself to be a very important a selfless action. It doesn't mean "figuring out what you like," it means, to me, learning your place and purpose in the world and deciding how you can best share yourself with others.
Largelanguage

Flint, UK

#615386 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because being a strong parent is being a good parent. Kids need to learn discipline. Everyone does.
Discipline involves boundaries. A kid needs to know what the parent expects of him, youngster.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615387 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm suspicious of conversions that take place after incarceration, but what about people who were christian before arrest? Is it not possible to commit a crime while being christian?
Of course it is possible, all things are possible. God gave us all free will to do what we want - even if it's against His will.

I've personally known several people that are "Sunday Christians" that have committed terrible crimes. As soon as they went to county (long before prison), they "found God" some more. It usually gained sympathy with the ignorant family & ignorant authorities.

People are stupid. Really stupid sometimes. "freethinkerss" or atheists that try to use "stats" about religion in prison are the same type of idiots that would protest a murderer's punishment because they know him...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615388 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You need to become more comfortable with your sexuality, bro.
"need"?

O_o

You need to become a Christian, bro.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615389 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I consider finding yourself to be a very important a selfless action. It doesn't mean "figuring out what you like," it means, to me, learning your place and purpose in the world and deciding how you can best share yourself with others.
You could be a male prostitute...

Location hidden

#615390 Apr 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't anything U can make up that anybody would believe! Don't put words in my mouth either. I said that I could see how both accounts sound similar. "In the beginning" IS a reference to time. The heavens IS a reference to space. Earth IS a reference to matter. And light IS a reference to energy. Any reasonable person can see this. Now scientifically explained, time, space, matter, and energy came into existence at the beginning with a single massive explosion of raw elements and particles. The term "God particle" is also a coined phrase. From scripture God is responsible for the heavens , Earth, stars, and boundaries of time. Correlation? Yes! Positively the truth? Can't say. Either U are just closed minded or just very argumentative and will not ever see what is in front of your face unless someone else tell U that it is ok for U to open your eyes. It's like U are satisfied with any conclusion that says it happens on its own.
The term "god particle" is a phrase? Wow! Talk about insight! Did you know that "chalk" is a word! Crazy! I know, right?

Let's try this one: Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Supposedly that verse is a prediction of the uncertainty principle. I don't see it. Care to explain?

Location hidden

#615391 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down with me for coffee. Give me one hour.
I probably won't have you believing in God, but I'm sure I'd have you believing me.
A lot of people believed Peter Popoff, too. Not saying you're intentionally deceiving anyone, just making a point. Belief means nothing. Being sure of your belief is nice, but it means nothing.

Location hidden

#615392 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what you posted was psychobabble, I don't care who the author was.
"Steel is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Diamonds are hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Knowing one's self is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
Analogies are not your strong suite.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615393 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Discipline involves boundaries. A kid needs to know what the parent expects of him, youngster.
Derp. When I say jump, my kids know that I expect them to jump.

Mission successful.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615394 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of people believed Peter Popoff, too. Not saying you're intentionally deceiving anyone, just making a point. Belief means nothing. Being sure of your belief is nice, but it means nothing.
Correction: it means nothing *to you*....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 21 min morgo 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 51 min Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 57 min dollarsbill 4,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 590,364
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 1 hr wronglyaccused3 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr quilterqueen 1,425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 271,353
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web