Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#615597 Apr 12, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful ignorance is normal. After all, facts can only destroy the delusion.
If you don't have a clue about what the term "scientific record" means, then the term "evolutionary biology" doesn't have a chance.
Good. I hope you do walk your talk as you claim - no medical science doctors and natural medications only.
Until the pain gets bad..... LMAO. I think the delusion is causing someone to fib.
What I say is that in addition to willful ignorance, the majority of godbots also suffer from intellectual laziness.

While they think they are on a path to eternal glory, what they are really doing is taking the path of least resistance in their fervent desire to dismiss and/or ignore facts.

A blissful lot they must be- or WOULD be- IF ignorance truly WAS bliss.

It's not as I know you know. Nothing blissful about it at all.

Added to that is that so many of these same people have no clue as to what defines truth/fact versus that which defines belief/opinion.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615598 Apr 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What that meant was that you only have to give it away (put it away from you) if it occupies your mind more than God does. I'm sure that a rational adult hearing those words understood that it meant not to become obsessed by money or gaining wealth.
If my home burned down the only "materialistic" thing I would cry over losing would be family photographs. I've learned not to obsess over things because they ARE just things, susceptible to the elements, disasters. People are the only things that truly have value to me. Heck, I can always buy new crapola with the insurance anyway. It's just "stuff". Like the song says, Don't worry, be happy.
lol
More spin and denial.

Jesus made at least seven (7) very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible.

Oh I forgot. Jesus who?

The main thing is the easy dogma. Tell all others how they are wrong. Otherwise, Jesus was just blowing smoke.

Delusions don't require personal sacrifice.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615599 Apr 12, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the link.
Pretty astonishing i would say, but you judge for yourself.
http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science...
Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest.

Actually, it's not. There are many ways to explain altruistic behavior. Another example of how woefully misinformed this author is, and how far he is willing to reach to "confirm prophecy." Can we really take this stuff seriously? Prophecies are vague, be definition. I could find "prophecies" from the koran, too. Would you then be forced to accept allah?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#615600 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when athitards boast about how they know what will happen after we die.
Who is an atheist?

Which atheist was boasting that they know what happens after we die?

Provide a link or be a damned liar, numbnuts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615601 Apr 12, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
More spin and denial.
Jesus made at least seven (7) very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible.
Oh I forgot. Jesus who?
The main thing is the easy dogma. Tell all others how they are wrong. Otherwise, Jesus was just blowing smoke.
Delusions don't require personal sacrifice.
Nano is an IDIOT.

In the course of day to day living, money- and usually the lack of it and not having enough for regular expenses, or not having any college fund for the kids, or not having health insurance, or not being able to buy a badly needed new appliance, etc.- much more occupies the minds of the majority of people than thoughts of "god" does.

It's all well and good to repeat platitudes to oneself such as:

God will provide.

God will take care of it.

God will show me the way to pay my bills.

And all the rest of them.

But NO thoughts of any god are going to result in people being able to make ends meet if for whatever the reason, they just can't.

And I'm not talking about those who live beyond their means- I am talking about what has sadly become the "average American"- hard working people who live modestly but still come up short at the end of the month.

Still, if these people who believe in Jesus did truly live by his words, they would give away their meager possessions and little bit of money to those with even MORE need than them.

They would hold the following adage near and dear to their hearts and they would then LIVE by it:

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

Instead of owning cars, big screen TVs, fancy appliances, computers, cell phones and all the other trappings the majority of Americans have become accustomed to as stuff that we "need", they would give it all away to those who have "no feet"- so to speak.

And it's not only that- there are COUNTLESS commands, rules and "regs" in the bible that the majority of those who claim to be steadfast believers in and followers of the bible simply do not adhere to.

Here's just TWO- of many:

"You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, as of woolen and linen together."

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
Bond James

Pasadena, CA

#615602 Apr 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The point is you don't believe any god exists other than the one YOU choose to believe in.
And gee- I thought you said there are BILLIONS in this world who have "testified" about their personal experiences with their god.
Try google.
how did they do it???? god can only be explored through imagination, realistically its seems impossible, esp. for athiestss

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615603 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when athitards boast about how they know what will happen after we die.
Got some examples?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615604 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
??
Knowing someone else now has something to do with knowing yourself?
O_o
Make up your mind.
BTW - I "knew myself" when I was a teenager. I think most people do.
That's because you're simple.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615605 Apr 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And SO simple that he didn't understand what I said- that knowing oneself is NOT like knowing co-workers, family members, etc.

And imagine saying you knew yourself when you were a teenager as if: "and that's that!". Like how he knew himself as a teenager is how he knows himself now?

That would mean there's been no growth and that he has been stagnant since he was a teenager.

After all, the continuance of personal growth is followed by new self-awareness and new knowledge of oneself.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#615606 Apr 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And the things that you linked to were ridiculously vague at best and just plain stupid, desperate stretches in a truly vain attempt to make the bible appear prophetic.
It's not. Things like "there will be wars" is not exactly prophetic.
Your opinion of course, but someone with an open and rational mind would think different..

Someone without a biased outlook.. You have ''chosen'' a position and your position ''reguires'' you to reject any and all evidence of God. So of course its vague and stupid to you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615607 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what you posted was psychobabble, I don't care who the author was.
"Steel is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Diamonds are hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Knowing one's self is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
Okay- so you are accusing Benjamin Franklin of speaking psychobabble.

You didn't even BOTHER to see who the author was- and I provided that in the original post with the quote- before chiming in with what is TRULY psychobabble- the CRAP you spew.

And if the above are all "relative and meaningless terms" then so is YOU saying: You "KNOW" your god exists.

Your "knowledge" is relative to what the actual meaning of knowledge is and what you consider to be certain knowledge is in fact, "meaningless".

BTW, just because something may be relative does NOT make it meaningless.

But in your case, what you are trying to pass of as knowledge with that knowledge being "relative"- that you "KNOW" your god exists, IS quite "meaningless".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615608 Apr 12, 2013
"....pass *off* as knowledge...."

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#615609 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning? That God doesn't exist?
Um
Teach me.
For that, you must visit the Holy Church of Catcher.

We serve doubles during our daily happy hour.

After imbibing few of those, we are confident that you will accept our teachings.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#615610 Apr 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to it.

RR remains the high school sophomore.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615611 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to it.
RR remains the high school sophomore.
That's why he says he's "known" himself since he was a teenager.

How well he knew himself then is exactly as he knows himself now.

No change and no growth. No new self-awareness, either.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615612 Apr 12, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>What part of Ky if i may ask?
The slippery part.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615613 Apr 12, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion of course, but someone with an open and rational mind would think different..

Someone without a biased outlook.. You have ''chosen'' a position and your position ''reguires'' you to reject any and all evidence of God. So of course its vague and stupid to you.
You have that exactly wrong.

The only way to see any of that as "prophesy" is by WANTING to see it as prophesy.

That's called confirmation bias.

See if you can look at it with the eyes of a skeptic.

I bet you can't. Yet I can see exactly how you're able to twist and mangle it to fit your need to believe.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#615614 Apr 12, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Which animals don't have eye's?
http://www.environmentteam.com/list/10-unbeli...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615615 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>This is probably going to make you throw a fit, but yes, I do. If someone, as an adult, decides they want to believe in x religion, fine, nothing I can do about it. But I don't agree with conditioning our children to believe in x deity just because they happened to be born in a certain place.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a person like you teach your kids about no God and no religion? Isn't that a form of indoctrination in and of itself?

You are no better than we are.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615616 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that. I was reiterating a common argument I hear from christians, including you, that god is outside of time and space. Being outside of time and space, and therefore outside of our reality, would make him, by definition, outside of the reach of science. It's not a matter of how far science can progress.
Yes, I believe that God is outside of time and space.

But He's also inside of time and space.

God is not unperceivable.

We humans have the ability to detect things that none of our machines or equipment can.

Again I will say that God is beyond the current reach of science, but not beyond the current reach of the human mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Clearwater 123,071
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min swampmudd 6,891
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 28 min Corvus 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Michael 681,703
New Arrival Nike Kyrie 3 Basketball Shoes On ww... 3 hr kyrie3sale 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr lil whispers 619,443
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 184,864
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr onemale 286,478
More from around the web