Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615261 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Know what? That in that context "cons" is an abbreviation for "convicts"?
No. That convicts are liars.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615262 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh......ask most convicts what their religion is PRIOR to becoming convicts and they will tell you they are Christian (or they might be more specific regarding what SECT of Christianity they are members of- such as being Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, etc.).
Ya...ya...ya....

Hey, ask them if they're guilty, too.

They'll be forthright with you, I'm sure....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615263 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't even just "cuddle" with a man in order to derive body heat? You wouldn't embrace a man for no other purpose than to help keep both of you warm?
You would freeze to death first?
WOW.
No. No. Yes. Wow.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#615264 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good quote. It was Friedrich Nietzsche who penned it- just did a quick google search.
The only thing faith proves is that people have it. Nothing wrong with having faith- we ALL have faith in one thing or another; one example I've used several times is that we all have faith that we will arrive to/from our daily destinations safely.
Since most of us DO arrive to/from our daily destinations safely, we also BELIEVE that we will.
But of course, having that faith and belief is NOT fact.
I'm sure the 40,000 people that die every year in car crashes had as much faith and belief as anyone else that they would arrive to/from their destinations safely.
But that 40,000 people a year do NOT, proves that faith and belief are NOT FACT nor do they provide a foregone conclusion.
So none of us can say we KNOW for a FACT that we will arrive to/from our daily destinations safely despite how much we might believe or have faith that we will.
It is only until AFTER we arrive to/from safely that we can then say it is FACT.
Hah.

Thank you.

The point is sound.

Odd that so many people refuse to apply it to their own particular brand of lunacy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615265 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my.....you really DON'T know what a search for oneself means, do you?
Sad.....that means you can never have the experience of truly finding yourself and knowing yourself.
Of course, this also ties into the following:
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates
Of course, in examining one's life one also examines THEMSELVES and in doing so, also searches for themselves and hopefully finds themselves as well.
Not you, though......
Speaking of mirrors- you make it sound as if that is what your life is all about- nothing more than smoke and mirrors.
"experience of truly finding yourself"....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615266 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The point is you don't believe any god exists other than the one YOU choose to believe in.
And gee- I thought you said there are BILLIONS in this world who have "testified" about their personal experiences with their god.
Try google.
Wrong. The point is you were wrong. You said I won't listen to anybody else that has had an experience with a different god.

You are wrong.

THAT is the point.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615267 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good quote. It was Friedrich Nietzsche who penned it- just did a quick google search.
The only thing faith proves is that people have it. Nothing wrong with having faith- we ALL have faith in one thing or another; one example I've used several times is that we all have faith that we will arrive to/from our daily destinations safely.
Since most of us DO arrive to/from our daily destinations safely, we also BELIEVE that we will.
But of course, having that faith and belief is NOT fact.
I'm sure the 40,000 people that die every year in car crashes had as much faith and belief as anyone else that they would arrive to/from their destinations safely.
But that 40,000 people a year do NOT, proves that faith and belief are NOT FACT nor do they provide a foregone conclusion.
So none of us can say we KNOW for a FACT that we will arrive to/from our daily destinations safely despite how much we might believe or have faith that we will.
It is only until AFTER we arrive to/from safely that we can then say it is FACT.
Neitzsche? Now you quote the lunatic who spent the last years of his life wandering the halls of a lunatic asylum while compulsively masterbating in front of anybody who would watch!?!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHhahahahahahahah

What a loser! You and him both, that is! xD

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615268 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is. Because until one finds themselves, knows themselves and loves themselves, they can't find, know or love anyone or anything else.
To find yourself, you have to pay attention to what you are drawn to, what makes you happy, and start satisfying that part of your personality instead of denying it.

Big effin deal. That ain't hard to do and that sure ain't a life long journey....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615269 Apr 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Try us.
Describe your experience in detail.
And how many of these experiences did you have?
Do you still have them?
How often?
Do you do anything in order to experience them or do they just occur randomly?
Sit down with me for coffee. Give me one hour.

I probably won't have you believing in God, but I'm sure I'd have you believing me.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615270 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>IDIOT.
Nothing at ALL GRAMMATICALLY incorrect about referring to a teenager as a small child.
Learn what GRAMMAR means.
What it ACTUALLY is is that it may be FACTUALLY incorrect to refer to a teenager as a small child, but then again, that is a subjective opinion since many refer to teenagers as "babies".
And in some ways they are babies when one considers just how very young a teenager is when compared to someone who may be in their 70s or even older.
From where I'm at a teenager looks more like an infant.

However, small children, within context means small as a child. A child goes up to the teen year, within context. So a SMALL child is about lets say, 12. Because physically speaking they are small for a child.

Rush was speaking within contexts of a SMALL child, not a teenager.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615271 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bollocks.
Provide evidence of your deity, and I'll have to consider my position.
Provide proof, and I will have to believe.
Again, I don't care if you believe in God. That's your job, not mine. If you don't believe (or don't want to believe), that's all you.

Location hidden

#615272 Apr 11, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Limited senses and abysmal ignorance makes inexistence claims seem like mere wishful thinking.
"Inexistence claims"?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615273 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To find yourself, you have to pay attention to what you are drawn to, what makes you happy, and start satisfying that part of your personality instead of denying it.
Big effin deal. That ain't hard to do and that sure ain't a life long journey....
You don't have to start satsifying it. Every experience one has is a part of finding yourself. Stop creating these ideas in your head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615274 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
Those aren't Real Christians like you.
Okay, who else isn't?
Mormons? JWs? Christian Scientists? Catholics?
Help me narrow this down a bit!
Oh stop it. What branch of Christianity goes door to door? Typically it's the JW's only.

I'm not saying I'm a "real Christian" and they're not, that's your assertion.

All I'm saying is that I'm a different Christian than the kind that come knocking on your door.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#615275 Apr 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Try us.
Describe your experience in detail.
And how many of these experiences did you have?
Do you still have them?
How often?
Do you do anything in order to experience them or do they just occur randomly?
I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut his transformation occurred at a low point in his life. Every person I've ever know that was "born again" was undergoing varying levels of trauma prior to their conversion. God never seems to visit when one is content and at peace.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615276 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, good.
Homosexuality's okay by you, then?
That's a good thing.
Yes, it's fine by me. I don't give a shit what people do.

I still consider it a sin, though.

But that's their choice.

They can have it.

Whenever a Christian quotes Leviticus to say that homosexuality is wrong or forbidden or whatever they say, know that they're biblically and historically ignorant.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615277 Apr 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of evidence the brain creates consciousness.
But better still is there is zero evidence it exists without one.
If you wish to present there is such an entity that exists outside
the head and brain, provide us with evidence the dead still have a consciousness.
Provide evidence brain damage does not alter the level of consciousness from less than full , to a complete loss of it.
Provide evidence that physically altering the electrochemical reactions, or altering brain by chemical means within do not alter consciousness.
Provide evidence that consciousness other than AI that was created by humans exist anywhere besides emanating from within someones head.
Hundreds of experiments with mental patients and brain damaged people as well as healthy people affirm the hypothesis that neurochemical processes create our consciousness.
Poly makes no mistake saying , however there could be something to your premise, there has never been a single experiment that has shown it to be anything other than a pure physical , electrochemical reactions in a network of 100 trillion synapses in the brain.
Again, where there is brain, there is also a quantum reality. Those "hundreds of experiments" have no way of differentiating between a molecular or a quantum mechanism for consciousness. Non whatsoever.

If consciousness is quantum then the molecular brain is just the "hardware", and when a person falls into a coma, they are then "braindead" but not without consciousness; and what this means is that if this case were true then we do not understand consciousness. Heck even if consciousness is molecular we still don't have the faintest idea as to the mechanism. "A bunch of molecules get together" is not a theory.

Another point; if consciousness is quantum and the hardware shuts down, then "consciousness" can only respond to a quantum stimulus.

You really think Roger Penrose and colleagues are that stupid? Top physicists we're talking about here. Why would they entertain micro-tubule quantum hypotheses of consciousness if consciousness is as clear as you say? Seriously. We're not talking about "God" here, we're talking about science.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615278 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.”– Benjamin Franklin
Psychobabble bullshit.

Steel isn't hard to heat.

Diamonds aren't hard to a hammer.

Knowing one's self isn't hard, except to those that are mentally challenged.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615279 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
"Man, know thyself." - Socrates
"That proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are," and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude. "

-The Suda

Location hidden

#615280 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. You'd think these rational, freethinking adults would know that, too.
Strange.
They know but they have to follow the rules of refuting and ridiculing anything I post. It's what they do in an effort to run me off and squash my opinions. Funny, I thought freethinking was about using your own mind and not being a parrot of some domineering person. ;)

These jerks are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 min A human being 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 48,834
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Just Think 105,632
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 20 min okimar 53,820
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min andet1987 2,071
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Anthony MN 646,677
Antwan Carter 1 hr Latrina Waters 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Buck Crick 281,266
More from around the web