Prove there's a god.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615386 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because being a strong parent is being a good parent. Kids need to learn discipline. Everyone does.
Discipline involves boundaries. A kid needs to know what the parent expects of him, youngster.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615387 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm suspicious of conversions that take place after incarceration, but what about people who were christian before arrest? Is it not possible to commit a crime while being christian?
Of course it is possible, all things are possible. God gave us all free will to do what we want - even if it's against His will.

I've personally known several people that are "Sunday Christians" that have committed terrible crimes. As soon as they went to county (long before prison), they "found God" some more. It usually gained sympathy with the ignorant family & ignorant authorities.

People are stupid. Really stupid sometimes. "freethinkerss" or atheists that try to use "stats" about religion in prison are the same type of idiots that would protest a murderer's punishment because they know him...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615388 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You need to become more comfortable with your sexuality, bro.
"need"?

O_o

You need to become a Christian, bro.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615389 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I consider finding yourself to be a very important a selfless action. It doesn't mean "figuring out what you like," it means, to me, learning your place and purpose in the world and deciding how you can best share yourself with others.
You could be a male prostitute...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615390 Apr 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't anything U can make up that anybody would believe! Don't put words in my mouth either. I said that I could see how both accounts sound similar. "In the beginning" IS a reference to time. The heavens IS a reference to space. Earth IS a reference to matter. And light IS a reference to energy. Any reasonable person can see this. Now scientifically explained, time, space, matter, and energy came into existence at the beginning with a single massive explosion of raw elements and particles. The term "God particle" is also a coined phrase. From scripture God is responsible for the heavens , Earth, stars, and boundaries of time. Correlation? Yes! Positively the truth? Can't say. Either U are just closed minded or just very argumentative and will not ever see what is in front of your face unless someone else tell U that it is ok for U to open your eyes. It's like U are satisfied with any conclusion that says it happens on its own.
The term "god particle" is a phrase? Wow! Talk about insight! Did you know that "chalk" is a word! Crazy! I know, right?

Let's try this one: Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Supposedly that verse is a prediction of the uncertainty principle. I don't see it. Care to explain?

Location hidden

#615391 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down with me for coffee. Give me one hour.
I probably won't have you believing in God, but I'm sure I'd have you believing me.
A lot of people believed Peter Popoff, too. Not saying you're intentionally deceiving anyone, just making a point. Belief means nothing. Being sure of your belief is nice, but it means nothing.

Location hidden

#615392 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what you posted was psychobabble, I don't care who the author was.
"Steel is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Diamonds are hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Knowing one's self is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
Analogies are not your strong suite.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615393 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Discipline involves boundaries. A kid needs to know what the parent expects of him, youngster.
Derp. When I say jump, my kids know that I expect them to jump.

Mission successful.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615394 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of people believed Peter Popoff, too. Not saying you're intentionally deceiving anyone, just making a point. Belief means nothing. Being sure of your belief is nice, but it means nothing.
Correction: it means nothing *to you*....

Location hidden

#615395 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is possible, all things are possible. God gave us all free will to do what we want - even if it's against His will.
I've personally known several people that are "Sunday Christians" that have committed terrible crimes. As soon as they went to county (long before prison), they "found God" some more. It usually gained sympathy with the ignorant family & ignorant authorities.
People are stupid. Really stupid sometimes. "freethinkerss" or atheists that try to use "stats" about religion in prison are the same type of idiots that would protest a murderer's punishment because they know him...
Yeah. Real "freethinkers" think with their gut - they ignore one of the only quantifiable sources of information we have about the rate of christian incarceration. If I wanna know whether a man is a real christian or not, I tell him to rub my belly - that's where we have the most nerve endings.

Location hidden

#615396 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"need"?
O_o
You need to become a Christian, bro.
Would jesus cuddle with me long into the night? You know... if I was dying of cold.. totally hetero, platonic, jesus cuddling.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#615397 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mission successful.
When the school systems took corporal punishment out of the school, they also opened the door to discipline problems. The same for the belt at home. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Location hidden

#615398 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: it means nothing *to you*....
It means nothing to anyone when it comes to proving something. It can be subjectively important to you, your family, your church, etc, but it doesn't prove anything. I can strongly believe that martians planted a chip in my brain - would my strong belief mean anything to you without evidence?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615399 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're late with the "'tardedness" today. What's the matter? Arthritis slowing you down?
I hope old age treats you better than you think it treats others.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615400 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Real "freethinkers" think with their gut - they ignore one of the only quantifiable sources of information we have about the rate of christian incarceration. If I wanna know whether a man is a real christian or not, I tell him to rub my belly - that's where we have the most nerve endings.
Ah... Quantifiable evidence is the way to true knowledge....

So you have no evidence whether or not God is real. You can't. He isn't quantifiable by current science.

Now we're gettin somewhere.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615401 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what you posted was psychobabble, I don't care who the author was.
"Steel is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Diamonds are hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
"Knowing one's self is hard" is a relative and meaningless term.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Analogies are not your strong suite.
LMAO! I made no analogies...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615403 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Would jesus cuddle with me long into the night? You know... if I was dying of cold.. totally hetero, platonic, jesus cuddling.
I dunno. I don't care.

>>>>>>> >....... I .......<<<<< <<< don't wanna cuddle with a dude.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615404 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It means nothing to anyone when it comes to proving something. It can be subjectively important to you, your family, your church, etc, but it doesn't prove anything. I can strongly believe that martians planted a chip in my brain - would my strong belief mean anything to you without evidence?
How many times do I gotta post to you that I'm not trying to prove God to you???

All it proves to me is why I have my belief in God.

And I'm sharing that with you.

I'm not demanding you believe me and start believing in God too.

I don't care if you do.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615405 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mission successful.
Blind obedience is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615406 Apr 11, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>When the school systems took corporal punishment out of the school, they also opened the door to discipline problems. The same for the belt at home. Spare the rod, spoil the child.
And never use a rod thicker than your thumb, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Bear Claw 88,759
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Big Al 703,901
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Big Al 223,087
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 8 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 8 hr Bernie fan 1
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 8 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 8 hr Kimbo 10