Prove there's a god.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615282 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's fine by me. I don't give a shit what people do.
I still consider it a sin, though.
But that's their choice.
They can have it.
Whenever a Christian quotes Leviticus to say that homosexuality is wrong or forbidden or whatever they say, know that they're biblically and historically ignorant.
When I first made a post yesterday, you ignored it, probably because you didn't have the confidence to continue with me attacking you, and you backed down, thinking that perhaps I was going to post only for a small amount of time, going in and out again.

But no, were you wrong, I'm here to stay, BOY!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615284 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I know what it's "short" for, poofball. It's also used colloquially to denote "confidence man", aka a swindler. Newbie convicts learn new techniques of swindling and deception from older cons while incarcerated and become more hardened while *inside*. One the finer points of conning while on the inside is to convince the authorities there that you are a Christian with a repentant heart. Apparently that act does influence the decision of some parole board members whether to let a convict out early, or not.
Yes...

What she said.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615285 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no fallacy, it's the truth. Convicts like to make people think they've "found God" in prison. They do this because they think it'll help them in court, with an early release, etc.
I find it off that you "rational" people believe the convicts when they try to say that they're Christian.
They'll spew any lie that they think will support their argument. So much for rational thought, using lies.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615286 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> "Inexistence claims"?
He's Brainiac2.

Brainiac1 would never have written that....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615287 Apr 11, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut his transformation occurred at a low point in his life. Every person I've ever know that was "born again" was undergoing varying levels of trauma prior to their conversion. God never seems to visit when one is content and at peace.
Actually, I was born again at a very calm and peaceful time in my life.

You should stop generalizing and stereotyping, it's not healthy.

Location hidden

#615288 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'll freeze to death first.
It's your right to choose. And most men are untrustworthy when it comes to what's between their legs; nocturnal erections and all that entails.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#615289 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychobabble bullshit.
Steel isn't hard to heat.
Diamonds aren't hard to a hammer.
Knowing one's self isn't hard, except to those that are mentally challenged.
I see- so you are saying that Benjamin Franklin spoke "psychobabble" bullshit, huh?

Sorry, RR- but TRULY knowing oneself is difficult IF one is not daunted by being HONEST with themselves.

Of course, you have proven here countless times over that you are not only mentally challenged, but emotionally challenged and intellectually challenged as well, in addition to not being anywhere near 100% honest with yourself.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615290 Apr 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God created every person for a purpose, and until we begin to live Christ like and to really learn about ourselves then we may have difficulty finding that purpose or in some cases never find it. This includes loving people, forgiving people, not judging others, not being full of pride, helping others less fortunate, showing compassion and often having to put other's needs before our own. This is hard to do when someone has wronged you, or taken advantage of you, lied to you, etc., but I do believe that it's God's way.
Whether there is "God" or not, that should be our way, atheist and theist alike. I hear there are atheist churches popping up everywhere. They may not talk about God there but I bet that, minus "God", they have a similar message. Whether there is "God" or not, the "commandment", wait, let's call it a virtue or value, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" should hold true. It really blows my mind how easily it is for humans throughout the ages to have put aside the thought of "what if it were me in that position?" as they take pleasure in causing or observing someone else's pain. That seems the biggest tragedy.

That one virtue alone could maybe change the world if everyone would stick to it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615291 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No. Yes. Wow.
So you are not able to be physically close to a man even if it has absolutely NOTHING to do with sex while having EVERYTHING to do with survival.

You're weird.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615292 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They know but they have to follow the rules of refuting and ridiculing anything I post. It's what they do in an effort to run me off and squash my opinions. Funny, I thought freethinking was about using your own mind and not being a parrot of some domineering person. ;)
These jerks are the worst kind of hypocrites.
Oh ya, they love opinions. They love people that have opinions. And they love the expression of opinion.

As long as you have the same opinion as them.

Then you ca freethink with them all day long.

Location hidden

#615293 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
From where I'm at a teenager looks more like an infant.
Then you are too far away, take a few steps forward.

It's all about perspective.:)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615294 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Neitzsche? Now you quote the lunatic who spent the last years of his life wandering the halls of a lunatic asylum while compulsively masterbating in front of anybody who would watch!?!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHhahahahahahahah
What a loser! You and him both, that is! xD
Hey STUPID- it was another poster who quoted Neitzsche but who didn't know who wrote what was quoted- I simply did a google search to come up with the author.

Though in ANOTHER post, I did quote Neitzsche- who what you say notwithstanding, was a brilliant philosopher in many respects.

Umm.....that you attempt to mock that he suffered a mental breakdown is in keeping with what a "charitable" person you truly are.....after all, you are the same person who mocks those who are senile and/or have to wear diapers.

You so suck that it's really disgustingly pathetic, you silly lil CUNNY.

Location hidden

#615295 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first made a post yesterday, you ignored it, probably because you didn't have the confidence to continue with me attacking you, and you backed down, thinking that perhaps I was going to post only for a small amount of time, going in and out again.
But no, were you wrong, I'm here to stay, BOY!
Calm down. Have a cookie.

http://www.drsmithbraces.com/Portals/0/cookie...

You don't want to have an aneurysm, do you?

*pats Large's head*

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#615296 Apr 11, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Again, where there is brain, there is also a quantum reality. Those "hundreds of experiments" have no way of differentiating between a molecular or a quantum mechanism for consciousness. Non whatsoever.
If consciousness is quantum then the molecular brain is just the "hardware", and when a person falls into a coma, they are then "braindead" but not without consciousness; and what this means is that if this case were true then we do not understand consciousness. Heck even if consciousness is molecular we still don't have the faintest idea as to the mechanism. "A bunch of molecules get together" is not a theory.
Another point; if consciousness is quantum and the hardware shuts down, then "consciousness" can only respond to a quantum stimulus.
You really think Roger Penrose and colleagues are that stupid? Top physicists we're talking about here. Why would they entertain micro-tubule quantum hypotheses of consciousness if consciousness is as clear as you say? Seriously. We're not talking about "God" here, we're talking about science.
What you are talking about is pure speculation, without a single point of evidence to back it up. Of course theoretical physicists do this , and some of them speculate about totally worthless endeavors.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#615297 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To find yourself, you have to pay attention to what you are drawn to, what makes you happy, and start satisfying that part of your personality instead of denying it.
Big effin deal. That ain't hard to do and that sure ain't a life long journey....
Before one can do any of that, one must know themselves FIRST.

Leave it to you to put the cart before the horse.

Sorry but you're wrong- AGAIN. One's entire life is a journey of self-discovery from start to finish.

At least for those who aren't one-dimensional cardboard cutouts such as you obviously are.

An oak tree never stops growing. It is a continual and lifelon process.

And the most fortunate of people continue to grow and evolve until death and always recognize that life is a continuous and non-ending growth process with part of that being self-discovery.

Location hidden

#615298 Apr 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Plenty of evidence the brain creates consciousness.
But better still is there is zero evidence it exists without one.
Furthermore, there is a hypothesis as to a quantum mechanism of consciousness and it is VERY detailed. What mechanism do you have for molecular/brain consciousness and how detailed is it? Like I said, effectively all you have is "a bunch of molecules get together". That's not much of a hypothesis.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/penrose-h...
You have something like that to support molecular consciousness?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#615299 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I know what it's "short" for, poofball. It's also used colloquially to denote "confidence man", aka a swindler. Newbie convicts learn new techniques of swindling and deception from older cons while incarcerated and become more hardened while *inside*. One the finer points of conning while on the inside is to convince the authorities there that you are a Christian with a repentant heart. Apparently that act does influence the decision of some parole board members whether to let a convict out early, or not.
Thank you for your astute elucidation.

Your posts are always so refreshing and enlightening.

In addition, you might also be interested to know that the "con" in "con man" is short for "confidence". It is the process of gaining one's confidence in order to swindle them.

So a con man can well become a con, man.

Please don't hurt me.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#615300 Apr 11, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
And how is that?
with the help of your god

Location hidden

#615301 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I see- so you are saying that Benjamin Franklin spoke "psychobabble" bullshit, huh?
Sorry, RR- but TRULY knowing oneself is difficult IF one is not daunted by being HONEST with themselves.
Of course, you have proven here countless times over that you are not only mentally challenged, but emotionally challenged and intellectually challenged as well, in addition to not being anywhere near 100% honest with yourself.
RR's a fooking genius in all those areas compared to you and your blatant buggery of the English language and logic as a concept of freethinking.

To RR: Please pardon the comparison of you to OCB.

Location hidden

#615302 Apr 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are talking about is pure speculation, without a single point of evidence to back it up. Of course theoretical physicists do this , and some of them speculate about totally worthless endeavors.
If that is true then what you are talking about is pure speculation too. Again, where there are molecules there is quantum reality. Show me something that resembles evidence of consciousness being molecular vs quantum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min TRUE CATHOLIC her... 690,617
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,546
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 31 min dollars2donuts 1
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Johnny 12
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Johnny 59
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr European Historian 158
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 649
More from around the web