“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615269 Apr 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Try us.
Describe your experience in detail.
And how many of these experiences did you have?
Do you still have them?
How often?
Do you do anything in order to experience them or do they just occur randomly?
Sit down with me for coffee. Give me one hour.

I probably won't have you believing in God, but I'm sure I'd have you believing me.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615270 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>IDIOT.
Nothing at ALL GRAMMATICALLY incorrect about referring to a teenager as a small child.
Learn what GRAMMAR means.
What it ACTUALLY is is that it may be FACTUALLY incorrect to refer to a teenager as a small child, but then again, that is a subjective opinion since many refer to teenagers as "babies".
And in some ways they are babies when one considers just how very young a teenager is when compared to someone who may be in their 70s or even older.
From where I'm at a teenager looks more like an infant.

However, small children, within context means small as a child. A child goes up to the teen year, within context. So a SMALL child is about lets say, 12. Because physically speaking they are small for a child.

Rush was speaking within contexts of a SMALL child, not a teenager.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615271 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bollocks.
Provide evidence of your deity, and I'll have to consider my position.
Provide proof, and I will have to believe.
Again, I don't care if you believe in God. That's your job, not mine. If you don't believe (or don't want to believe), that's all you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615272 Apr 11, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Limited senses and abysmal ignorance makes inexistence claims seem like mere wishful thinking.
"Inexistence claims"?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615273 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To find yourself, you have to pay attention to what you are drawn to, what makes you happy, and start satisfying that part of your personality instead of denying it.
Big effin deal. That ain't hard to do and that sure ain't a life long journey....
You don't have to start satsifying it. Every experience one has is a part of finding yourself. Stop creating these ideas in your head.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615274 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
Those aren't Real Christians like you.
Okay, who else isn't?
Mormons? JWs? Christian Scientists? Catholics?
Help me narrow this down a bit!
Oh stop it. What branch of Christianity goes door to door? Typically it's the JW's only.

I'm not saying I'm a "real Christian" and they're not, that's your assertion.

All I'm saying is that I'm a different Christian than the kind that come knocking on your door.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#615275 Apr 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Try us.
Describe your experience in detail.
And how many of these experiences did you have?
Do you still have them?
How often?
Do you do anything in order to experience them or do they just occur randomly?
I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut his transformation occurred at a low point in his life. Every person I've ever know that was "born again" was undergoing varying levels of trauma prior to their conversion. God never seems to visit when one is content and at peace.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615276 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, good.
Homosexuality's okay by you, then?
That's a good thing.
Yes, it's fine by me. I don't give a shit what people do.

I still consider it a sin, though.

But that's their choice.

They can have it.

Whenever a Christian quotes Leviticus to say that homosexuality is wrong or forbidden or whatever they say, know that they're biblically and historically ignorant.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615277 Apr 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of evidence the brain creates consciousness.
But better still is there is zero evidence it exists without one.
If you wish to present there is such an entity that exists outside
the head and brain, provide us with evidence the dead still have a consciousness.
Provide evidence brain damage does not alter the level of consciousness from less than full , to a complete loss of it.
Provide evidence that physically altering the electrochemical reactions, or altering brain by chemical means within do not alter consciousness.
Provide evidence that consciousness other than AI that was created by humans exist anywhere besides emanating from within someones head.
Hundreds of experiments with mental patients and brain damaged people as well as healthy people affirm the hypothesis that neurochemical processes create our consciousness.
Poly makes no mistake saying , however there could be something to your premise, there has never been a single experiment that has shown it to be anything other than a pure physical , electrochemical reactions in a network of 100 trillion synapses in the brain.
Again, where there is brain, there is also a quantum reality. Those "hundreds of experiments" have no way of differentiating between a molecular or a quantum mechanism for consciousness. Non whatsoever.

If consciousness is quantum then the molecular brain is just the "hardware", and when a person falls into a coma, they are then "braindead" but not without consciousness; and what this means is that if this case were true then we do not understand consciousness. Heck even if consciousness is molecular we still don't have the faintest idea as to the mechanism. "A bunch of molecules get together" is not a theory.

Another point; if consciousness is quantum and the hardware shuts down, then "consciousness" can only respond to a quantum stimulus.

You really think Roger Penrose and colleagues are that stupid? Top physicists we're talking about here. Why would they entertain micro-tubule quantum hypotheses of consciousness if consciousness is as clear as you say? Seriously. We're not talking about "God" here, we're talking about science.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615278 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.”– Benjamin Franklin
Psychobabble bullshit.

Steel isn't hard to heat.

Diamonds aren't hard to a hammer.

Knowing one's self isn't hard, except to those that are mentally challenged.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615279 Apr 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
"Man, know thyself." - Socrates
"That proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are," and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude. "

-The Suda

Location hidden

#615280 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. You'd think these rational, freethinking adults would know that, too.
Strange.
They know but they have to follow the rules of refuting and ridiculing anything I post. It's what they do in an effort to run me off and squash my opinions. Funny, I thought freethinking was about using your own mind and not being a parrot of some domineering person. ;)

These jerks are the worst kind of hypocrites.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615281 Apr 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't be silly. You don't possibly know shit. If you make such claims as if they are filled with so much truth, then you will back it up like a man.
But we know you borrowed it from Rush. Rush said, "You are carrying on like a small child", not teenager. A small child is not a teenager.
Although a teenager is very young, it is not grammatically correct to refer to a teenager as a small child, so don't go using the excuse that "A small child is a teenager, poophead".
I've never referred to a teenager as a small child, have I?

A teenager IS a child, but I wouldn't call them a small child.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#615282 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's fine by me. I don't give a shit what people do.
I still consider it a sin, though.
But that's their choice.
They can have it.
Whenever a Christian quotes Leviticus to say that homosexuality is wrong or forbidden or whatever they say, know that they're biblically and historically ignorant.
When I first made a post yesterday, you ignored it, probably because you didn't have the confidence to continue with me attacking you, and you backed down, thinking that perhaps I was going to post only for a small amount of time, going in and out again.

But no, were you wrong, I'm here to stay, BOY!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615284 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I know what it's "short" for, poofball. It's also used colloquially to denote "confidence man", aka a swindler. Newbie convicts learn new techniques of swindling and deception from older cons while incarcerated and become more hardened while *inside*. One the finer points of conning while on the inside is to convince the authorities there that you are a Christian with a repentant heart. Apparently that act does influence the decision of some parole board members whether to let a convict out early, or not.
Yes...

What she said.

Location hidden

#615285 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no fallacy, it's the truth. Convicts like to make people think they've "found God" in prison. They do this because they think it'll help them in court, with an early release, etc.
I find it off that you "rational" people believe the convicts when they try to say that they're Christian.
They'll spew any lie that they think will support their argument. So much for rational thought, using lies.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615286 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> "Inexistence claims"?
He's Brainiac2.

Brainiac1 would never have written that....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615287 Apr 11, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut his transformation occurred at a low point in his life. Every person I've ever know that was "born again" was undergoing varying levels of trauma prior to their conversion. God never seems to visit when one is content and at peace.
Actually, I was born again at a very calm and peaceful time in my life.

You should stop generalizing and stereotyping, it's not healthy.

Location hidden

#615288 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'll freeze to death first.
It's your right to choose. And most men are untrustworthy when it comes to what's between their legs; nocturnal erections and all that entails.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#615289 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychobabble bullshit.
Steel isn't hard to heat.
Diamonds aren't hard to a hammer.
Knowing one's self isn't hard, except to those that are mentally challenged.
I see- so you are saying that Benjamin Franklin spoke "psychobabble" bullshit, huh?

Sorry, RR- but TRULY knowing oneself is difficult IF one is not daunted by being HONEST with themselves.

Of course, you have proven here countless times over that you are not only mentally challenged, but emotionally challenged and intellectually challenged as well, in addition to not being anywhere near 100% honest with yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Travesty 52,159
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 41 min Doctor REALITY 10
My girlfriend’s vegan. Need some tips and insi... 55 min michaelv2 1
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 58 min Doctor REALITY 35
THANK YOU, Pastor Charles CAPPS of England, Ark... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
I want my girlfriend back. How do I win her back? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 1 hr Doctor REALITY 24
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,994
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 693,272
More from around the web