Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615185 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But he does fork them, if you catch my drift.
That's not kosher.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#615186 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's not kosher.
I was nice to you at the start.

Location hidden

#615187 Apr 10, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Religious wingnuts -- If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
But notice that you ignore Jesus.
Hello????? Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 14:33
Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.
Matthew 19:21-24
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:28-29
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Luke 9:23-25
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
Matt 13: 22
The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Phil 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
Acts 2:44-45
All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.
DUH!!!! The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor."
It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. C
QUESTION for the wingnuts....
Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
What that meant was that you only have to give it away (put it away from you) if it occupies your mind more than God does. I'm sure that a rational adult hearing those words understood that it meant not to become obsessed by money or gaining wealth.

If my home burned down the only "materialistic" thing I would cry over losing would be family photographs. I've learned not to obsess over things because they ARE just things, susceptible to the elements, disasters. People are the only things that truly have value to me. Heck, I can always buy new crapola with the insurance anyway. It's just "stuff". Like the song says, Don't worry, be happy.

lol

Location hidden

#615188 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Our prisons are full of murderers, drug addicts, rapists & liars.
And you believe them when they say they're Christian.
HA HA !!
There's a reason they are called "cons".

Location hidden

#615189 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody tossed anything.
We understand that the bible was written over a very long period of time. We also understand that it was partially written as a historical record. We also understand that the laws in Leviticus were meant for the Levites and not all of humanity.
You don't understand that.
The OT was for the Jews, the NT was for everybody.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#615190 Apr 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>'Quantum consciousness' has been and is being 'speculated upon' by great minds. For one to claim consciousness is a product of matter at the molecular level (brain matter) they would have to first disprove the possibility of it being a quantum reality. There is a quantum reality associated with everything in existence so far as we know.
But no, they just wave their hands and say consciousness is of the brain. We can be sure there is impure intention going on here when people like 'polymath' clearly understand the science but will never admit that they have no hard evidence whatsoever in order to make a claim like that.
Plenty of evidence the brain creates consciousness.
But better still is there is zero evidence it exists without one.
If you wish to present there is such an entity that exists outside
the head and brain, provide us with evidence the dead still have a consciousness.

Provide evidence brain damage does not alter the level of consciousness from less than full , to a complete loss of it.

Provide evidence that physically altering the electrochemical reactions, or altering brain by chemical means within do not alter consciousness.

Provide evidence that consciousness other than AI that was created by humans exist anywhere besides emanating from within someones head.

Hundreds of experiments with mental patients and brain damaged people as well as healthy people affirm the hypothesis that neurochemical processes create our consciousness.

Poly makes no mistake saying , however there could be something to your premise, there has never been a single experiment that has shown it to be anything other than a pure physical , electrochemical reactions in a network of 100 trillion synapses in the brain.

Location hidden

#615191 Apr 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>'Quantum consciousness' has been and is being 'speculated upon' by great minds. For one to claim consciousness is a product of matter at the molecular level (brain matter) they would have to first disprove the possibility of it being a quantum reality. There is a quantum reality associated with everything in existence so far as we know.
But no, they just wave their hands and say consciousness is of the brain. We can be sure there is impure intention going on here when people like 'polymath' clearly understand the science but will never admit that they have no hard evidence whatsoever in order to make a claim like that.
Poly is nowhere near as smart as he would like for you to believe. ;)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615192 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your study of Satanism limited to Wikipedia, too?
Satanists certainly do believe in Satan. Why do you think they are called "Satanists"??
There are basically two types of Satanists, theistic & atheistic. Theist Satanists believe Satan is a deity, atheist Satanists believe Satan is a symbol of man's evils.
In fact, the first Satanist church was an atheist church, founded in the 1960's, I think.
I think the website you found illustrates atheist Satanists pretty good.
But you're lumping groups of people together again...
RR, that was a straight up quote, not my "research." Also, if you had followed the discussion better, you would know that I was talking about lavey satanists, the ones who don't believe in the devil as a literal being. And please do not accuse me of a superficial understanding of things when you go on to give me the most obvious wiki rundown ever. "Founded in the 1960's, I think." LOL

Location hidden

#615193 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Our prisons are full of murderers, drug addicts, rapists & liars.
And you believe them when they say they're Christian.
HA HA !!
True scotsman fallacy. I'm sure someone has explained this to you before.

Location hidden

#615194 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood him.
You did too, but you don't even realize it.
He was saying that I didn't get why the quote explained the first law of thermodynamics (which it doesn't) because I'm not a brain dead Christian (which I'm not).
Get it now?
Yes. Very astute.

Location hidden

#615195 Apr 10, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
The first law of thermodynamics was explained with the advanced vocab and sophisticated knowledge. That being said, I doubt that we will ever find any old manuscripts that would be written with modern vocab. Remember, past civilizations were not dumb folk as U may perceive so when something was recorded it contained the vocab of their modern time. And also they didn't have nearly as many words and phrases as the newer languages. Now I can't say for sure that Genesis 1 was trying to explain what U were asking dude about but I can say that I can see the correlation, especially taking into account that manuscripts behind Genesis were written a couple thousand years ago and I wouldn't expect them to use words like "matter" or "energy" or even "singularity".
Are you serious? I could have just straight up made something up and you would have "seen the correlation." There is no way a reasonable person looks at "and the world was finished" and from that divines the law of conservation. Absolutely not. You literally just told me you don't even know the simple laws of thermodynamics, yet now you are able to connect a certain law with a certain bible passage?

Location hidden

#615196 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think they took the act a little too seriously. It's not like the "magic" part ever worked. And I suspect it was more about the sex than anything, like you have to dress up like Count Chockula to get laid? As if that didn't get old fast.
Probably. Mankind has done stranger things for sex. The creation of a religion as an excuse to host massive orgies probably doesn't even crack the top ten.

Location hidden

#615197 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Anton used Crowley's ceremonies which called on the supernatural entities for favors and power. That is not the behavior of an atheist. You can't claim to commune with Satan or whatever "minions" you believe exist and then claim non-belief in a god or god-like entity. You talk a lot of bullshyt. I studied this crap, in depth, and many ceremonies call for blood or at least hair or nails. That IS an offering made for favors granted.
I was just quoting someone. Calm down. They seem to think they're atheists. If you insist they're not, I don't really care. I told you I had never met one.

Location hidden

#615198 Apr 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
I mean.. maybe it's because he has no evidence to make a claim like that?

Location hidden

#615199 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of evidence the brain creates consciousness.
But better still is there is zero evidence it exists without one.
If you wish to present there is such an entity that exists outside
the head and brain, provide us with evidence the dead still have a consciousness.
Provide evidence brain damage does not alter the level of consciousness from less than full , to a complete loss of it.
Provide evidence that physically altering the electrochemical reactions, or altering brain by chemical means within do not alter consciousness.
Provide evidence that consciousness other than AI that was created by humans exist anywhere besides emanating from within someones head.
Hundreds of experiments with mental patients and brain damaged people as well as healthy people affirm the hypothesis that neurochemical processes create our consciousness.
Poly makes no mistake saying , however there could be something to your premise, there has never been a single experiment that has shown it to be anything other than a pure physical , electrochemical reactions in a network of 100 trillion synapses in the brain.
Exactly. The only way the duality position holds up is if the brain is some sort of "medium" between the physical and the non physical mind - because as it stands it's pretty clear the brain has something to do with consciousness.
youtube

AOL

#615201 Apr 11, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#615202 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You had to search to find yourself?

O_o
You're having to ask that indicates that you don't know what it even means.

And it also indicates that you're lost in a sea of other people's opinions, beliefs and ideas.

Religion is just one of the bits of garbage you're afloat in.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615203 Apr 11, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>Well its good to know that you have some doubt about the possiabilty that there is a God..

*Did you know that Jesus ""rejected" " ''religion? I agree religion is a mans delusion, but God of the Bible and his Son are a reality rather you choose to believe it or not.

All little 'g' gods are ''proven'' to be delusions, i agree 100%..

A false god is any god other than God as described in the Bible. This god can be just about anything, from a statue to money to a living person. Anything that is given the highest worship of a person is a false god. Many religions describe many different gods.

Buddhism has Buddha and other gods; Islam has Allah; Hinduism has 300 million different gods from which to choose; and while Judaism’s god seems very similar to the Biblical version, Judaism’s god is one that requires little faith and lots of works. Any god that is different than God Himself is a false god, and there are many in the world today. The list and descriptions of false gods that pervade the world today are nearly endless.

And this day and time the number one ''false god'' of all times is

SELF!
I never thought anybody could be EXACTLY wrong.

Until now.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615204 Apr 11, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>lol,, right!!

So the other guy who was talking to the 3rd person which could be him but its really not is really you, is a brain dead atheist...ahhhh now i get it...
No you don't.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#615205 Apr 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There's a reason they are called "cons".
Actually, "cons" is short for "convicts".

Just sayin'.

Please don't hurt me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Michael 670,589
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min emperorjohn 445,675
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 6 hr lightbeamrider 2
More from around the web