Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614723 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. No answer would suffice. No proof would be sufficient. His mind is already made up and closed.
It's absolutely not. I see no reason to differentiate between the vague predictions of your bible, and say, the vague predictions of ms. cleo. Or the prophecies of the upinishads, or the koran, etc. You wouldn't see a difference either, if you weren't christian. Give me other evidence aside from a staggeringly low prophetic success rate and I will consider your position.

Location hidden

#614724 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point ain't it? Afraid to follow the evidence, no matter where it leads.
*Shudder* You're right, of course. I am terrified,*terrified*, of the notion that I might get to spend eternity in paradise with all of my friends and family.

Seriously, guys, your religion isn't as off putting as you make it out to be. It doesn't require any deep spiritual transformation or lifestyle change. It's just - "believe, and we're cool. You'll get to see heaven when you die."

Location hidden

#614725 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where I'm from the first cry would be, "I seen it first, I get to shoot it".
Ahahah.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#614726 Apr 9, 2013
See what well know atheist Sam Harris has to say about Buddhism.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#614727 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit that was funny.
One of my all-time favourite pieces of poetic prose in the whole English language.

Along with Grahame's "Piper at the Gates of Dawn".

The Borderland of Sol

#614728 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>My goodness. Now I feel bad for even responding to you. You're special.
Make nice, willya?

The Qur'an enjoins us to be kind to the Afflicted of Allah.

Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#614729 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So how many predictions would it take to be impressive?
One.

Lottery numbers.

The Borderland of Sol

#614730 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you not okay with contradictions in your world view?
Or do you agree with the laws of logic, such as the law of non-contradiction?
The law of non-contradiction only applies AFTER the law of identity has been satisfied.

For that to occur, you must first define your terms.

Go ahead.

The Borderland of Sol

#614731 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Yeah, I took that as word salad too.
youtube

AOL

#614732 Apr 10, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#614733 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. The fact that courts accept it does not make it any better. And eyewitness testimony becomes even more suspect when it is part of a narrative that depends on said testimony.
I don't have "evidence of other beings." You're being obtuse. Share this evidence, or admit that you don't have it. And wtf are you talking about roswell for? What in the world does that have to do with anything?
And the credibility of eyewitness is coming under more and more scrutiny.

Much depends on the validity of the eyewitness testimony, the credibility of the eyewitness and how much time passes between what was witnessed and when that testimony is given.

"A Check on Bad Eyewitness Identifications
Published: December 5, 2012

The Oregon Supreme Court in a unanimous decision last week upended how eyewitness identification is to be used in criminal trials. The landmark ruling shifts the burden of proof to prosecutors to show that such identification is sufficiently reliable to be admissible as evidence at trial.

****Misidentification is the country’s leading cause of wrongful convictions.***** By altering the legal standard, Oregon has set an example that other states and the federal courts would be wise to follow."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/opinion/a-c...

"The Innocence Project is a nonprofit team of attorneys and law students that re-examines questionable murder convictions with the hope of using DNA evidence to overturn the sentences of defendents who've been wrongfully imprisoned.

****In the first 130 cases the Innocence Project overturned, eyewitness testimony played a part in 78 percent of those wrongful convictions [source: Stambor].*****

http://www.howstuffworks.com/eyewitnesses-unr...

"However, the New Jersey court has become the latest institution to question this kind of evidence, noting a "troubling lack of reliability" in eyewitness identifications. The unanimous judgment by the state court says that the tests for eyewitness reliability, set out by the US supreme court 34 years ago, should be revised."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2011/aug/30/us-...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#614734 Apr 10, 2013
"....credibility of eyewitness *testimony*......"

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614735 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop smoking. It's unhealthy behaviour.
Nu-uh!

It calms my mind.

Stop spelling it behaviour, that's unhealthy behavior.

:p

Location hidden

#614736 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
6000+ years or so of no evidence of any gods.
I'd say it's pretty much a fact until it gets disproven.
Good luck with that.
Of course you dismiss our individual experiences with God....

Yes, God is a fact unless you can disprove Him.

Thanks.

Location hidden

#614737 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wurd"?
Wurd

Dawg
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#614738 Apr 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not Greek mythology that occupies your time is it?
Unless you count the bibles distortion of hades into "hell".

Location hidden

#614739 Apr 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered about that too.
Me three.

Location hidden

#614740 Apr 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met a gnostic atheist, The atheists that I have met have always been agnostic atheists.
atheists reject "belief" therefore Atheists do not "believe" in no god(s)
You are an intentional idiot, but at least you do not need try hard.
There it is again...

It's more that "atheists don't believe in a god".

It's "atheists don't believe in *the existence* of a god".

It's your belief.

It's strange that you don't know what it means.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#614741 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nu-uh!
It calms my mind.
Stop spelling it behaviour, that's unhealthy behavior.
:p
Your ":p" not withstanding, perhaps Alice lives in England or another country where the word is spelled "behaviour"....eithe r way, it is an acceptable spelling of the word.

Added to that is you having stated that "undereducated" is two words when the fact is that it is one word and add to that your refusal to admit you were wrong when you told karl you are educated enough to know that "undereducated" is two words.

So it's really "rich" that here you are telling someone else how to spell and all the more when it is acceptable for "behavior" to be spelled "behaviour".
Consider me

Melbourne, Australia

#614742 Apr 10, 2013
I think that in a way there is a god. god is just a intangible thought that is created for you to have something to believe in and something that you can look up to (as in being a good person and to not do bad things) i think in life, there is no wrong in believing in god (im not saying he/she/it exists),i believe in being a good person, to not put down others, not to steal things or hurt or kill people. this doesn't mean i believe in god. i'm not religious but yeah i think in life we just need something as simple as "being a good person" to believe in. none of this heaven/hell mumbo jumbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 3 min Former Customer 23
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 4,777
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Seraphima 548,669
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 261,675
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 18 min Doctor REALITY 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Dave Nelson 230,003
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 58 min Doctor REALITY 28
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 10 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE