You believe I believe in God.
You believe Lunger's a fool.
You believe nano is a bitch.
You believe Catcher is an attorney.
You believe OCB is a deist.

And

You believe there are no deities.

All without evidence.
I believe those things with the normal reservations of the Internet. And by evidence of the general truths they post.

Except for nano.

She's a sweetheart.

And I observed many of the people speaking about god were liars, and saw no evidence for any gods myself.

My atheism is not a belief. It's a conclusion.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615130 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You could, and I could quote you many references that directly contradict you. How do we know which ones to choose? Who decides?
RR, again, I am not religiously ignorant. I enjoy studying the mythology of various cultures. It is interesting. How many religions have you studied? One. How many have I studied? More than one.
And what do you mean "live like the world?" You're talking a big game, but I guarantee you you live in a pretty similar manner to every single other privileged westerner (I say privileged in relation to the rest of the world, I don't know about you personally). Unless you have sold all of your belongings, I don't think you're going to heaven. Or is that "eye of the needle" quote not meant to be taken literally?
Honestly, it doesn't really matter how many religions you claim you've studied or haven't studied, in the end it's still just a claim since I don't know you and have to take your word for it.

I have only studied one religion, yes. By doing so, it's helped me to become somewhat of an expert at it.

What I do know about Christianity is simply accepting Jesus as your Lord is not enough for a person to go to heaven.

It's actually a lot more than that. By accepting Jesus, you're excepting that He is your Lord and that He died on the cross for your sins. The next step is learning how to repent from those sins.

What I mean by "live like the world" is not living the way the Bible instructs, or not living the way Jesus instructs.

You can be a born-again Christian and lie, cheat, steal, bribe, murder, cheat on your spouse, have sex without marriage, etc. Living a life like that is to "live like the world".

You will not gain God's trust and you will not gain access to heaven. After we die we all have to be judged by God, I'm sure you've heard the stories of the "pearly gates". In a way, that's where God will judge you and He's not gonna care if you're born again Christian or not if you've lived a life like that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615131 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Analogies are not your strong suite.
Yes they are.

Otherwise you would've pointed out the flaw.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615132 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh RR. Let's be BFFS.
Um ok....

But RR don't spoon dudes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615133 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I read that and was like "that doesn't sound like something karl would say." Scrolled up to find it and felt stupid.
HA HA !

Gotcha!
youtube

AOL

#615134 Apr 10, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615135 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
how many years would you say it takes an ameoba to turn into a human being?
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
According to the scientific record, I believe its over a billion.
Scientific record?!

O_o

HA HA HA !!!! I almost didn't notice it was a joke.

Carrion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615136 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, it doesn't really matter how many religions you claim you've studied or haven't studied, in the end it's still just a claim since I don't know you and have to take your word for it.
I have only studied one religion, yes. By doing so, it's helped me to become somewhat of an expert at it.
What I do know about Christianity is simply accepting Jesus as your Lord is not enough for a person to go to heaven.
It's actually a lot more than that. By accepting Jesus, you're excepting that He is your Lord and that He died on the cross for your sins. The next step is learning how to repent from those sins.
What I mean by "live like the world" is not living the way the Bible instructs, or not living the way Jesus instructs.
You can be a born-again Christian and lie, cheat, steal, bribe, murder, cheat on your spouse, have sex without marriage, etc. Living a life like that is to "live like the world".
You will not gain God's trust and you will not gain access to heaven. After we die we all have to be judged by God, I'm sure you've heard the stories of the "pearly gates". In a way, that's where God will judge you and He's not gonna care if you're born again Christian or not if you've lived a life like that.
How do you know? When the bible says five different things on the same subject, how does one determine which thing is right? Who's to say god *really* meant this when he said something else?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615137 Apr 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly a sad statement on those who practice religion.
Of course, MANY who believe in one god or another will attempt to justify their heinous actions by claiming they are committing any and all atrocities in the name of one god or another.
Sick indeed.
Worth reposting.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-human...

Broadly speaking, the most religious societies are poorer and have higher rates of crime.

Without the deranged offspring of religious wingnuts, our jails would be practically empty and educational test scores would soar!

Thank god for agnostics.

Location hidden

#615138 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are.
Otherwise you would've pointed out the flaw.
You were comparing the offhand information we learn about people on a forum to belief in a god. Not comparable. If I believe you when you tell me you are 46, first off, I am not negatively effected by believing/not believing you, and second, I have no reason to suspect or even care if you are lying. The stakes are not high. And your words are proof enough that you are 46 - you aren't making any fantastic claims. The same cannot be said when evaluating a claim about god's existence.

Location hidden

#615139 Apr 10, 2013
affected*

Location hidden

#615140 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ok....
But RR don't spoon dudes.
But he does fork them, if you catch my drift.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615141 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice.[10]
Sounds kinda like hedonistic existentialism to me.
Is your study of Satanism limited to Wikipedia, too?

Satanists certainly do believe in Satan. Why do you think they are called "Satanists"??

There are basically two types of Satanists, theistic & atheistic. Theist Satanists believe Satan is a deity, atheist Satanists believe Satan is a symbol of man's evils.

In fact, the first Satanist church was an atheist church, founded in the 1960's, I think.

I think the website you found illustrates atheist Satanists pretty good.

But you're lumping groups of people together again...
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615142 Apr 10, 2013
Religious wingnuts -- If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.

But notice that you ignore Jesus.

Hello????? Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:

Matthew 6:19

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 14:33

Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 6:24

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.

Matthew 19:21-24

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:28-29

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 9:23-25

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

Matt 13: 22

The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

Hebrews 13:5

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Phil 2:3

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Acts 2:44-45

All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.

DUH!!!! The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor."

It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. C

QUESTION for the wingnuts....

Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615143 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if he heard god, like you, and had a genuine conversion?
Yes.

I could still f_ck up.

But I'm confident I won't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615144 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those things with the normal reservations of the Internet. And by evidence of the general truths they post.
Except for nano.
She's a sweetheart.
And I observed many of the people speaking about god were liars, and saw no evidence for any gods myself.
My atheism is not a belief. It's a conclusion.
A conclusion?

I suppose by conclusion you don't mean "the end", but rather a decision reached by reasoning. And by reasoning I assume you've thought about God's existence logically..

Yes?

You have never heard God.
You have never felt God.
Based on your posts, I assume you've never really believed God even exists.

By what reasoning or logic have you come to your conclusion that God just ain't real?

You've never tested your theory.
You've never tried.
You've never believed.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615145 Apr 10, 2013
If many political policy positions are based on religion, then religion should be subject to scrutiny.

Start with this topic... where's the proof?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615146 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know? When the bible says five different things on the same subject, how does one determine which thing is right? Who's to say god *really* meant this when he said something else?
When you say five different things, I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you expect me to guess the scriptures in your head?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615147 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Worth reposting.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-human...
Broadly speaking, the most religious societies are poorer and have higher rates of crime.
Without the deranged offspring of religious wingnuts, our jails would be practically empty and educational test scores would soar!
Thank god for agnostics.
Our prisons are full of murderers, drug addicts, rapists & liars.

And you believe them when they say they're Christian.

HA HA !!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615148 Apr 10, 2013
Religious wingnuts -- If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
But notice that you ignore Jesus.
Hello????? Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Aw, how cute. Another cherry picking atheist....

Ever bother to keep reading? Or did the atheist website you got that from just stop there?

Matthew 6:19 means you should keep reading past verse 19....

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 104,781
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 673,352
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web