|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I hate something that I don't believe in? Funny how religious people always resort to that one. Like, "oh, they just hate the idea that there's an old bearded sky daddy up there looking out for them, making plans for them, and saving a space in heaven for them. What a terrible thought!"
That's funny.
The rest of your post is a straight up appeal to ignorance. You can't imagine how it could have happened any other way, so goddidit. That type of argument only carries weight with people who are already indoctrinated.

It's not that "goddidit", it's that God (or whatever U wanna call the supreme power) was responsible for getting the ball rolling. The skydaddy that U refer to is the one, or ones, that were witnessed by the ancients. Beings beyond their own comprehension dropped out of the sky and visited them. They called them Gods. These events were recorded so many times and the accounts are provided for us today in different scriptures from different cultures. And those people were the same as U and me if we were to see something with our own eyes and testify to it. We would know that we are not crazy and know what we had witnessed was real. Now, the evidence is there about visitation from other beings that were referred to as "Gods" but science can't admit that until everything is known about the beings. But trust that there is much evidence this. Ask the Vatican! There is always gonna be the misconception of God because too much is being suppressed. So U athiests are just having a ball because no one can prove to U the very thing that is hidden from EVERYONE'S eyes.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely wrong. Laughably wrong. I'm starting to suspect you're a poe.
Mutations are not "meant" to work. Evolution does not "require meaning." And evolution works through several different mechanisms, not just mutation. Mutations are random. Sometimes, a mutation will confer an advantage, in which case it might get selected for and be passed down, becoming an adaptation. If it does not confer an advantage, it will get selected out. Sometimes, adaptations that have been selected for will become a disadvantage due to a changing environment, and that too will be selected out. None of this requires any purpose beyond a need to adapt to the environment to survive and pass on genes. They are only "meant to happen" insofar as the fact that certain adaptations will confer greater survivability - but a different, but just as effective, adaptation might have worked just as well in a given situation.
How are U gonna tell me that I'm ABSOLUTELY wrong, then turn around and state EXACTLY what I just said?!? U are truly a character, maybe a sock! Mane, I can't believe U tried that shit!!! Come on, U gotta do better than that! U say that it doesn't require meaning at all, then say that it requires some but none beyond purpose. Which is it?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey man, do what ever tickles your lil groin, BUT let's not call the BS "marriage" cuz it ain't never gonna be even if our increasingly antichrist society legally approves it.
Kevin & Jeffrey to their adopted child - "we met through a rest stop glory hole; how romantic!"
Oh no! You mean if gay marriage becomes legal it won't really be "marriage" because a bunch of Talibangicals disapprove?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We'll try to soldier on...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey man, do what ever tickles your lil groin, BUT let's not call the BS "marriage" cuz it ain't never gonna be even if our increasingly antichrist society legally approves it.
Kevin & Jeffrey to their adopted child - "we met through a rest stop glory hole; how romantic!"
And just out of curiosity, were you Kevin or Jeffry?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are wrong
undereducated
ha

HA !

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

Um, at least I'm educated enough to know that "under educated" is two words.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
creator god < 10^-7
christian god < 10^-googleplex
Is that theory it hypothesis?

Nope.

That's just your opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe
Care to explain how you rational skeptic, "freethinking" types evaluate God?

Ready?
Go.
Forum

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Prove that your Jesus is the son of god.
Prove that your god- or any god for that matter- even exists.
Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that even a mere mortal being such as your Jesus ever even existed.
What defines greed? What is greed to one may be necessity to another.
Murder? So is it wrong if one murders someone who was trying to do them harm?
And abuse??? Wow. The word "abuse"- along with the other words you used- is in no way an absolute.
For instance, we have a poster here named Riverside Redneck who does NOT think spanking children fits the definition of the word "abuse".
There are those here who disagree with him and very much think that spanking children IS "abuse".
Why is your thought process so simple to the point that you don't comprehend just how subjective the words "greed, abuse- and even in some cases "murder" is?
Adults should be spanked. They know better.
Children know and watch. If the adults can
do it then why not.
Greed is taking advantage whenever possible to
make money. God gives us what we need.
"Thou shalt not covet" is one of his commandments.
The elderly are always abused for their money.
They will abuse anyone for a life insurance policy.
The Polish and the Germans make up words like "Autism"
to outcast children. Special education has no purpose
but to create humans that are disposable.
Money from the government? They hurt the children
so they will pretend that they are dumb.
Who taught the Koreans to make missiles?
White Sands?

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text> "I've seen Sir Huon and a troop of his people setting off from Tintagel Castle for Hy-Brasil in the teeth of a sou'-westerly gale, with the spray flying all over the Castle, and the Horses of the Hills wild with fright. Out they'd go in a lull, screaming like gulls, and back they'd be driven five good miles inland before they could come head to wind again. Butterfly-wings! It was Magic - Magic as black as Merlin could make it, and the whole sea was green fire and white foam with singing mermaids in it. And the Horses of the Hills picked their way from one wave to another by the lightning flashes! That was how it was in the old days!"
What was your point again?
U just made it dude! Metaphors were common in the days when scriptures were interpreted. Why don't U try to translate an entire account of something from Greek to English but to make sure that the Greek translation is correct by checking it against the Hebrew scripts and then making sure those are correct by studying Aramaic. U might see how hard it may be to put everything together and present it to a mass of people knowing there was important info and artifacts that had been destroyed by centuries of bloodshed and there may be a demand for these "proofs". And also take into account the style of writing.
Eliza

Dayton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Reading down this I noticed nobody has tried to prove it. They just get defensive and say "you prove why there isn't." Now that is not the question of topic. So, it basically seems you are worshiping an invisible "being." Another thing, there are many different kinds of religions. There are monotheistic ones, and polytheistic ones. So who is right, how many "Gods" are there, or are all the "Gods" competing to see who will get the most people to join their religion. You see everyone believes their religion is right. So who's is truly correct? While everyone is shoving each other's religions down each other's throats believing it's right, nobody is listening. They have their religion and are sticking to it, because they believe it is right. Atheists don't believe in anything. They aren't bad people, they just choose not the believe in any part of any religion. When they, lets say Christians, figure out someone is Atheist, they freak out and try to explain that they are right. The Atheist normally doesn't start to explain why they are until the Christian tries to explain why they are right. It then becomes an argument. Whether there is or is not a "God," I see no evidence of his existence. Someone from way long ago could have easily written and published it, then creating controversy and religion.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
See, it's those kind of misconceptions that people are starting to mock the true nature of who the Almighty is. U say shit like "fashioned from mud" when we know that it was a metaphor for the substances of the Earth. The same fuel that U folks have to discredit God is the same that is fueling the religious fanatics, a literal interpretation of the reading of scripture. Some things are metaphors and some are to be read as eyewitness accounts. Some are just stories that have a certain meaning in life and some contain what people of the past wanted future generations to be aware of. But when U say stuff like made from mud and mean it literally, U kind of sound just as crazy as the fundies that believe it to be literal. So don't try and use those kind of questions to distinguish who's who.
Hi DeAngelo - thanks for posting.

You wrote:
"Some things are metaphors and some are to be read as eyewitness accounts."
- which are eyewitness accounts and which are not?
- What support do you have to show that this is true?
- Considering no NT books or bibles are in man's possession, that are older than the 4th C., how is that you can confirm anything that was written, confirms witnesses?

Thanks again!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! You mean if gay marriage becomes legal it won't really be "marriage" because a bunch of Talibangicals disapprove?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
We'll try to soldier on...
nope - ain't never gonna really be marriage.

boofoo on!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
neither. what about you; are you gay/homosexual? if so, why should we know or care about it, unless of course you attempt to legally force us to by reckognizing your 9 month 'relationship' as a 'marriage'?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - why do gays always use your full names, like jonathan, jeffrey and christopher?

rhetorical question - we all know why; cuz you're ssssooooo very 'special'!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ha
HA !
HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!
No- actually, "undereducated" IS one word, RR- wrong you are, yet AGAIN.

Just doing a quick stop by to see what's doing- wouldn't you know that in no time flat you've proven yourself wrong- yet AGAIN.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/und...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/undereducate...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/undere...

Thanks for proving just how much of an undereducated American you are and along with your arrogance, you've proven you couldn't even be bothered to actually check if "undereducated" is one word or not before posting the totally moronic post of yours to which I am responding.

Yeah- HAHAHAHAHAHA is right- only the joke is on YOU, RR.

Pfft.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ha
HA !
HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!
Yeah- and as IF I'm gonna discuss the origin of life with someone who can't even be bothered to do the simplest of research before making a total fool out of themselves.

Yeah- right- just like you "KNOW" your god is real and exists, you also "know" that "under educated" is two words- despite that it's NOT.

So, RR....what you actually DO know and what you actually THINK you know......two totally separate and distinct issues.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - why do gays always use your full names, like jonathan, jeffrey and christopher?
rhetorical question - we all know why; cuz you're ssssooooo very 'special'!
What is WRONG with you? Better yet, what is RIGHT with you- given the 4000 character limit.....

So Donald Trump is gay because he doesn't go by Don?

Stephen King is gay because he doesn't go by Steve?

And of course, MANY more to prove my point, but not worth listing more down- surely even YOU get the idea and realize how STUPID your post is....

BTW, you talk about homosexuals "tearing down society" and other CRAP similar to that which you spew here...

Here is just a partial list of homosexuals throughout history who have done MUCH to enrich the world and make it a better place:

Sappho (600 B.C.) Greek Poetess

Socrates (470-399 B.C.) Greek Teacher and Philosopher

Plato (427-347 B.C.) Greek Teacher and Philosopher

Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) Italian Renaissance Artist, Teacher, Scientist and Inventor

Michelangelo (1475-1564) Italian Renaissance Artist and Sculptor

Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) British Statesman and Writer

Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593) English dramatist and poet

Lord Byron (1788-1824) British Poet

Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) Danish Poet and Writer

Margaret Fuller (1810-1850) Euro-American Writer and Journalist

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) Euro-American Philosopher, Naturalist, and Peace Activist

Walt Whitman (1819-1892) Euro-American Poet

Herman Melville (1819-1891) Euro-American Writer

Peter I. Tchaikovsky (1840-1893) Russian Composer

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish Writer and Dramatist

Dame Ethel Smyth (1858-1944) British Composer, Writer, and Activist

Marcel Proust (1871-1922) French Writer

Sergei Diaghileff (1872-1929) Russian Ballet Impresario

Vita Sackville-West (1892-1962) British Writer

Vaslav Nijinsky (1890-1950) Russian Ballet Dancer

Willa Cather (1873-1947) Euro-American Writer and Critic

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) British Writer and Dramatist

Bessie Smith (1894-1937) African-American Blues Singer and Entertainer

E.M. Forster (1879-1970) British Writer

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941) British Writer and Publisher

Jean Cocteau (1889-1963) French Writer and Filmmaker

Cole Porter (1893-1964) Euro-American Composer

James Baldwin (1924-1987) African-American Writer and Civil Rights Activist

Truman Capote (1924-1984) Euro-American Author

Tennessee Williams (1914-1983) Euro-American Dramatist

W.H. Auden (1907-1973) British Poet and Writer

Martina Navratilova (1956-) Czechoslovakian-American Tennis Champion and Activist

Andy Warhol (1930-1987) Euro-American Pop Artist

Frieda Kahlo (1907-1954) Mexican Artist and Activist

Gore Vidal (1925-) Euro-American Writer

Rudolf Nureyev (1938-1993) Russian dancer The Rudolf Nureyev Foundation

Freddie Mercury (1946-1991) British Singer/songwriter/musician

Elton John (1947 -) British Singer/songwriter/musican

Janis Ian (1951 -) Euro-American Singer/songwriter/musician

http://main.uab.edu/Sites/students/life/safe-...

And that is just a very partial list at that.

You might do well to get your head out of that a@@ of yours to at least realize there is good and bad in all groups of people- even Christians and without any doubt whatsoever, you most definitely fall into the LATTER group.

You're a miserable, fearful, ignorant, mean, petty, insignificant little HOMOPHOBIC MORON.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DeAngelo - thanks for posting.
You wrote:
"Some things are metaphors and some are to be read as eyewitness accounts."
- which are eyewitness accounts and which are not?
- What support do you have to show that this is true?
- Considering no NT books or bibles are in man's possession, that are older than the 4th C., how is that you can confirm anything that was written, confirms witnesses?
Thanks again!
The only support that can be given is trust that the individual was not lying about what was witnessed, and that's not enough for people of today who are so used to hearing lies ALL the time. One of the best accounts of an eyewitness telling what is seen is Ezekiel. Ezekiel said "I" saw, "I" heard, "I" witnessed! This account is the testimony of what he experienced during an encounter that he could only describe with the best of his knowledge and language. That is just one example of what may be taken as an eyewitness account. Now, something like the Exodus can't be considered the statement of an eyewitness, obviously, because it is describe from a narrative point of view. Even the story of Jesus isn't told from an eyewitness, even though I'm sure that there were many parchments burned, destroyed, stolen or lost that would corroborate these accounts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Adults should be spanked. They know better.
Children know and watch. If the adults can
do it then why not.
Greed is taking advantage whenever possible to
make money. God gives us what we need.
"Thou shalt not covet" is one of his commandments.
The elderly are always abused for their money.
They will abuse anyone for a life insurance policy.
The Polish and the Germans make up words like "Autism"
to outcast children. Special education has no purpose
but to create humans that are disposable.
Money from the government? They hurt the children
so they will pretend that they are dumb.
Who taught the Koreans to make missiles?
White Sands?
Wow- sorry I posted to you.

I didn't realize you were a few cards short of a full deck- as in QUITE a few cards- as in 51 short of a full deck.

So.....never mind....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Eliza wrote:
Reading down this I noticed nobody has tried to prove it. They just get defensive and say "you prove why there isn't." Now that is not the question of topic. So, it basically seems you are worshiping an invisible "being." Another thing, there are many different kinds of religions. There are monotheistic ones, and polytheistic ones. So who is right, how many "Gods" are there, or are all the "Gods" competing to see who will get the most people to join their religion. You see everyone believes their religion is right. So who's is truly correct? While everyone is shoving each other's religions down each other's throats believing it's right, nobody is listening. They have their religion and are sticking to it, because they believe it is right. Atheists don't believe in anything. They aren't bad people, they just choose not the believe in any part of any religion. When they, lets say Christians, figure out someone is Atheist, they freak out and try to explain that they are right. The Atheist normally doesn't start to explain why they are until the Christian tries to explain why they are right. It then becomes an argument. Whether there is or is not a "God," I see no evidence of his existence. Someone from way long ago could have easily written and published it, then creating controversy and religion.
Atheists believe that deities don't exist.

Last I checked, that's a belief, not a fact.

Oh, and I'm right. I'm RR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 583,401 - 583,420 of716,779
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

338 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 6 min Tehee Candor 1,480
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min shyam 4,089
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min TheBlackSheep 223,221
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min AussieBobby 255,735
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 36 min IamRite 781
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min petesake kis 114,656
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr hemanth hemanthsahitya 458
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••