Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#614878 Apr 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met that kind of atheist, introduce me to one.
Then they are not true atheists and are obviously confused.
nurface

London, KY

#614879 Apr 10, 2013
Psalm 19:1-3 – The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.
Jeremiah 10:12 – He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion.

Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

Science means knowledge, and true science always agrees with the observable evidence. Scientific research continues to unfold the wonders and mysteries of our universe. Interestingly, there is one book that has anticipated many of these scientific facts. That book is the Bible.

The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true –“He hangs the earth on nothing.”

Visit:
Modern Science In An Ancient (ICR)

Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

Visit:
All About Atoms (Jefferson Lab)

The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.

Visit:
The Ark’s perfect dimensions (Answers In Genesis)
Safety investigation of Noah’s Ark in a seaway (Answers In Genesis)
Noah’s Flood and the Gilgamesh Epic (Answers In Genesis)

When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#614880 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to what Bible scholars have reported about when they think the books were written. Personally I don't have a clue when they were written.
i get it - you were referring to the certain type of so-called 'bible scholars' that you choose to respect; not the ones who actually trust God;)

Location hidden

#614881 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Al, if the Jews took their religion with them when they were scattered, and we know historically that they were persecuted in most places they went, so they were not as likely to be absorbed into whatever culture existed in their new homelands, and because they still had the teachings, and they had a particularly good reason to get out of wherever they where and go to someplace else at the time of the Holocaust, and many countries, such as the USA and Canada refused them entry, would it not seem logical and planned that they follow what their religion had taught them they would do.
Remember too that only a tiny fraction of all the Jews that have lived during that 1900 years of being scattered around the world actually made it back to the Promised Land.
I am not anti-semitic but I think this was more a taking advantage of an opportuntiy at a time when they had very little other choices, than it was God fulfilling a promise.
I think the treatment of Jews for the past 1900 to 2000 years was horrible, but I don't believe they have any special place in the scheme of things (such as God's Chosen People) other than mythically. Aside from the fact that they were granted that piece of land after WWII, I don't think they had any more rights to it than do the North American Indians to all of North America, or any other people's who were displaced over the course of history.
Can you imagine what it would be like if we could all trace back to where we originated and were driven out of (for those who suffered that fate), and we all returned to our origins and took the land from whoever was living there now?
I can't believe I read that. Damn, you're fkd in the head.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#614882 Apr 10, 2013
Ask Jesus to appear.....

There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He had to appear to people.
Therefore, several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:

Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul:

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me."

As you can see in this passage, Jesus supposedly appeared to hundreds of people a number of different times.

So why stop appearing now? Why only in the Early Iron Age?

Heck, all the gods stopped appearing in person.

Why?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#614883 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
another dumb dumb who thinks i'm subjected to ancient and obsolete jewish law! will the ignorance ever cease?
True, Constantine officially changed the Sabbath, so no more confusion.

But what did Jesus actually say about these old Jewish laws? Why was Jesus such a devout Jew, if all the laws mean nothing?

Don't forget those ancient 10 Commands either.

So silly, glad I could help with your delusion.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#614884 Apr 10, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Your poodle must be so relieved...
why would you accuse me of beastiality and obsess about such an unclean thing???

could it be that the spirits in you can't stand my honesty about human lust and our responsibility to control it?;)

God to Cain before he murdered his brother Abel: "sin is crouching at your door and it desires to overcome you"

Location hidden

#614885 Apr 10, 2013
Darwin is my Copilot wrote:
Just doing a drive-by to see who's still here. Looks like my pal, AL, Catcher, Mac, and some others I know peripherally ( boots, areobatty).
Did you manage to take the board back from the loons? It had gotten to the point there for a while that I couldn't bear to log and and see the vile and stupidity.
Hope everyone is still fighting the good fight!
Copilot
Who else is there to correct the geek wannabees' spreading of misinformation? You're not much of a copilot if you're backup for the losers on here.

Location hidden

#614886 Apr 10, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
If survival and adaptation drives evolution, then what drives survival and adaptation? Where did this notion of instintive survival arise from? Nothing?
Like mating for life is a survival tactic for geese, mantis shrimp or any other animal?
nurface

London, KY

#614887 Apr 10, 2013
The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.

Visit:
Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)

http://www.icr.org/index.php...

Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth.

Visit:
The elements of the periodic table sorted by their presence in human body.(Lenntech)
The Bible is a Textbook of Science (ICR)

http://www.lenntech.com/periodic-chart-elemen...

The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read:“In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said,“Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.

The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct.

Scripture assumes a revolving (spherical) earth (Luke 17:34-36). Jesus said that at His return some would be asleep at night while others would be working at day time activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night occurring simultaneously

( nurface writes)*** Now dont that evidence just blow you away? All that is and ever was and ever will be, was already made existed and proven by God that he is THE GOD of the universe..******

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#614888 Apr 10, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Understanding the Rationalizations..........
A Christian will often rationalize this situation by saying, "Yes, the Egyptians and the Romans worshipped false Gods, but Christianity is real. Just look at the billions of people who believe in Jesus Christ."
This strength-in-numbers rationalization may feel comforting, but it is meaningless. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.
It was once the case that most people believed the world to be flat. Widespread belief did not change the fact that the world is a sphere. The scientific and observational evidence that we have available today is undeniable -- the world is a sphere.
All scientific evidence shows that God is imaginary. So does all historical evidence.
This leads any rational person to conclude that Christian beliefs are pure mythology. Christianity is just like every other mythology that mankind has dreamed up through the ages.
and then there was.....JESUS!!!

JESUS IS GOD!!!

there will be no excuses when we stand before the perfect Man and perfect God who stepped onto earth in the Person of JESUS!!!

waaasssuuup - casting demons into the abyss when they rear-up their ugly heads;)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#614889 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you accuse me of beastiality and obsess about such an unclean thing???
could it be that the spirits in you can't stand my honesty about human lust and our responsibility to control it?;)
God to Cain before he murdered his brother Abel: "sin is crouching at your door and it desires to overcome you"
Actually, like most people, I was just making fun of you.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#614890 Apr 10, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
True, Constantine officially changed the Sabbath, so no more confusion.
But what did Jesus actually say about these old Jewish laws? Why was Jesus such a devout Jew, if all the laws mean nothing?
Don't forget those ancient 10 Commands either.
So silly, glad I could help with your delusion.
do you (not the human dweeb behind the keyboard) want to go to the abyss right now? if not, get out of MY HOUSE!;)

Location hidden

#614891 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Palestinians disagree quite like the North American natives did. Israel just doesn't have enough Reservation space.
Almost all of the Jews who want to live in Israel are already there or have a property waiting for them to move into in the future. Immigration has dropped significantly in the past decade. They are prepared for the future like no other ethnic group.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliyah" ;

Read "the 90's".

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#614892 Apr 10, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, like most people, I was just making fun of you.
it's all good, friend, but ya gotta expect to get sum back.

just a thought - if someone is actually making some moral sense, maybe you're shooting yourself in the foot when opposing them? AND, maybe you're not really looking for truth after all.....
nurface

London, KY

#614893 Apr 10, 2013
Edited for Timn17...

Lets just see how open minded and logical you really are...

Curious to here you explain away what God had already confirmed thousands of years ago, that scientist are just now finding out in the past few decades, centuries???

Ive posted just some of what was mentioned on that site, which is this one..

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science...
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#614894 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
do you (not the human dweeb behind the keyboard) want to go to the abyss right now? if not, get out of MY HOUSE!;)
If you can't refute, then just babble.

After all, how else does one defend a delusion?

Location hidden

#614895 Apr 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You live happily in a land that the U.S. Government says is yours.....
Are you saying then that its ok because that's where you live comfortably?
I'm just saying.....
Remember the Alamo!!!!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614896 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I just gave you a peanut for that. >:[
That's perfectly ok nano..... I still luv ya!!:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614897 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Feeling god" can be explained in two ways. Either our brain creates a feeling that we interpret as god, or god exists. We have proof for one of these options.
"We" being atheists that don't believe anyway?

Nah, I'll take my chances w/o you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 28 min Quirky 4
Christianity is fading away... 59 min Great Day of Arma... 9
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 6,563
Why the lottery is SO EVIL 1 hr Ray of Reason 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 177,618
I never knew love like that before 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,439
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,074
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Padtrick Daniels 600,163
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web