Thor's cool.

But I don't want to piss off Zeus.

I think he's a jealous god , too.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#615117 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how many years would you say it takes an ameoba to turn into a human being?
According to the scientific record, I believe its over a billion.

It's amazing how the puzzle fits, if one doesn't rely on willful ignorance to maintain one's delusion.

Ever hear of evolutionary biology?

Look it up. It's going to be a required course in medical schools within a few years. Amazing stuff.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#615118 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You like wimmin to talk dirty? Aren't you the naughty one!
are you offering? it could help us both to pass some long boring days even better than this!;)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#615119 Apr 10, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL,, it is you who is mentally challenged, and a bald face LIAR.. Are you seriously gonna try and deny that?? wow,, you truly are delusional ol boy... Why would YOU ask areo the question about thermo, and then follow it up with '''NOPE because you are not a real Christian'''???
Pitiful! hypocrite much.
Here is the post you responded to;
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?!
It took god to tell people that shit stinks?!
Wow.
Nope? That's cause your not a real christian.
"The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis."
Seriously though, that is the length this guy (whoever wrote that site) will go to support biblical prophecy.
Yes, dude, that's who I was talking to. It was a joke. The implication being that a "real christian," like yourself, would make themselves believe that genisis 2:1 was referring to the first law of thermodynamics. I shouldn't have had to explain that to you.

Also, I don't understand why you even think this matters. Tell me why the "earth was finished" quote has anything to do with the first law of thermodynamics. That's what the issue is here, and you're ignoring it in favor of making yourself look even less intelligent.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#615120 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
We love ya, Al.
I love you guys too but It was a long freight train. I actually shut off the car and chilled.

Location hidden

#615121 Apr 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thor's cool.
But I don't want to piss off Zeus.
I think he's a jealous god , too.
Yep. He keeps sending hurricanes to mess up the RNC, but they just don't get the message. The proof is pretty clear - plan a large gathering of conservative, prideful christians - zeus will send a hurricane at you.

Location hidden

#615122 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
are you offering? it could help us both to pass some long boring days even better than this!;)
Private messages exist. Just putting that out there for no particular reason.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615123 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>He was a crackpot. I was talking about his "followers." They all seem to be godless hedonists.
Hedonism WAS what he taught,...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism... ;

...among other things. I had a friend (more of an acquaintance, I thought he was nuts) that had a copy of the Satanic bible and it did have some creepy things in it. Having a follower in the same room with me while I read it was unnerving, to say the least.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#615124 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
No.

Location hidden

#615125 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hedonism WAS what he taught,...
...among other things. I had a friend (more of an acquaintance, I thought he was nuts) that had a copy of the Satanic bible and it did have some creepy things in it. Having a follower in the same room with me while I read it was unnerving, to say the least.
Yeah. They were taught to believe in themselves and be materialistic. Basically it was objectivism with spooky undertones. I've never met one in person. I always thought of them as misunderstood, if a bit immature.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#615126 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I was. I was responding to aero, because he quoted your post, and is not mentally challenged.
So, are you really suggesting that the "and the world was finished" quote is an accurate description of the first law of thermodynamics? Really? Reallllly?
The first law of thermodynamics was explained with the advanced vocab and sophisticated knowledge. That being said, I doubt that we will ever find any old manuscripts that would be written with modern vocab. Remember, past civilizations were not dumb folk as U may perceive so when something was recorded it contained the vocab of their modern time. And also they didn't have nearly as many words and phrases as the newer languages. Now I can't say for sure that Genesis 1 was trying to explain what U were asking dude about but I can say that I can see the correlation, especially taking into account that manuscripts behind Genesis were written a couple thousand years ago and I wouldn't expect them to use words like "matter" or "energy" or even "singularity".

Location hidden

#615127 Apr 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hedonism WAS what he taught,...
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice.[10]

Sounds kinda like hedonistic existentialism to me.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615128 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Accepting Jesus is not enough to enter heaven.

You cannot live like the world and expect to enter the Kingdom of God.

It's the biblically & religiously ignorant people like you (no offense) that think someone like Dahmer can live as he did, then accept Jesus while he's in prison and he'll *poof* to heaven when he dies.

That is not so.

I could quote you many biblical references to thus, but I don't think you'd care.
Even if he heard god, like you, and had a genuine conversion?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#615129 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.

You believe I'm 46.
You believe I have guns.
You believe my kids have a gun.
You believe I have a dog.
You believe I believe in God.
You believe Lunger's a fool.
You believe nano is a bitch.
You believe Catcher is an attorney.
You believe OCB is a deist.

And

You believe there are no deities.

All without evidence.
I believe those things with the normal reservations of the Internet. And by evidence of the general truths they post.

Except for nano.

She's a sweetheart.

And I observed many of the people speaking about god were liars, and saw no evidence for any gods myself.

My atheism is not a belief. It's a conclusion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#615130 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You could, and I could quote you many references that directly contradict you. How do we know which ones to choose? Who decides?
RR, again, I am not religiously ignorant. I enjoy studying the mythology of various cultures. It is interesting. How many religions have you studied? One. How many have I studied? More than one.
And what do you mean "live like the world?" You're talking a big game, but I guarantee you you live in a pretty similar manner to every single other privileged westerner (I say privileged in relation to the rest of the world, I don't know about you personally). Unless you have sold all of your belongings, I don't think you're going to heaven. Or is that "eye of the needle" quote not meant to be taken literally?
Honestly, it doesn't really matter how many religions you claim you've studied or haven't studied, in the end it's still just a claim since I don't know you and have to take your word for it.

I have only studied one religion, yes. By doing so, it's helped me to become somewhat of an expert at it.

What I do know about Christianity is simply accepting Jesus as your Lord is not enough for a person to go to heaven.

It's actually a lot more than that. By accepting Jesus, you're excepting that He is your Lord and that He died on the cross for your sins. The next step is learning how to repent from those sins.

What I mean by "live like the world" is not living the way the Bible instructs, or not living the way Jesus instructs.

You can be a born-again Christian and lie, cheat, steal, bribe, murder, cheat on your spouse, have sex without marriage, etc. Living a life like that is to "live like the world".

You will not gain God's trust and you will not gain access to heaven. After we die we all have to be judged by God, I'm sure you've heard the stories of the "pearly gates". In a way, that's where God will judge you and He's not gonna care if you're born again Christian or not if you've lived a life like that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615131 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Analogies are not your strong suite.
Yes they are.

Otherwise you would've pointed out the flaw.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615132 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh RR. Let's be BFFS.
Um ok....

But RR don't spoon dudes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615133 Apr 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I read that and was like "that doesn't sound like something karl would say." Scrolled up to find it and felt stupid.
HA HA !

Gotcha!
youtube

AOL

#615134 Apr 10, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#615135 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
how many years would you say it takes an ameoba to turn into a human being?
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
According to the scientific record, I believe its over a billion.
Scientific record?!

O_o

HA HA HA !!!! I almost didn't notice it was a joke.

Carrion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 685,658
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min MAGA_ITN 25,763
.........now that you're gone 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Narada contemporary violinist Doug Cameron: "Jo... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Nursing home..sandy hook 3 hr Peggyjones 1
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr ChromiuMan 6,446
More from around the web