Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.
The big bang theory says nothing of the sort, that's just you projecting your own insecurities on it. Life can be meaningful without a god. That's up to you. I, for one, believe my life is meant for something more than becoming an eternal lapdog in heaven.

Your evolution/survival/purpose argument makes no sense whatsoever. Evolution does not need to have "meaning" to work. That is absurd.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most of those are pretty similar, and not very impressive. I would be impressed if they came with a date, a description of the circumstances surrounding israel's reclamation, name of the first leader, etc, etc. What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?
Unfulfilled prophecies are always allegorical.

Duh.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheeseburgers?
Again, what difference does it make to you?
WHAAAAAT!!!!

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go on wiki. The information I shared with you is widely known and non technical, so I don't know why you would think I would have needed wiki.
You're making bold claims without backing them up, at all. Evolution doesn't need some divine force guiding it, that is why evolution is such an elegant mechanism. As for the big bang, you're just spouting apologist nonsense again. There are many theories as to how the universe started and none of them need to invoke some unknown being flipping a switch.

There U go again talking about what U think U are sure of. If U believe that something comes from nothing, then it is U who has the delusions of nonsense. Since there are many theories that U're up on and none of them "invoke" a starting driving force we know as a divine being, then which of them states that something comes spontaneously from nothing and is in fact the truth?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
WHAAAAAT!!!!
Exactly what I thought of your post but was too polite to say.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Side note - it's hilarious that creationists require for us to literally obtain every single piece of evidence to prove any scientific theory (which we would have to be omnipresent to do), but they don't require even close to the same level of scrutiny for their goddidit nonsense. Why does evolution need to be proven to an unreasonable degree for you to accept it, but your god belief needs nothing of the sort? You support it with vague suppositions about god "needing" to be the starting force, and nothing else. A lack of a perfect scientific theory of everything, as you seem to demand, does not prove god. Proof for god would prove god, which you have none of.
No, I don't have any proof of God that I can show U and think that it would be satisfactory to your kind. Life demands an able body and mind in order to come into existence. How can it happen on its own? I don't see how people can be so stubborn to open their eyes to the obvious! I don't see why evolutionists require a sign from God before they can realize He exists? If U ignore the obvious things around U everyday, then how can U be satisfied with any "sign"? I believe if U found out that God is definitely real, U would still curse His being and deny Him to His face because that is most likely who U are and for whatever reason just hate God anyway.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory says nothing of the sort, that's just you projecting your own insecurities on it. Life can be meaningful without a god. That's up to you. I, for one, believe my life is meant for something more than becoming an eternal lapdog in heaven.
Your evolution/survival/purpose argument makes no sense whatsoever. Evolution does not need to have "meaning" to work. That is absurd.
U can't be this......never mind! Evolution REQUIRES meaning. According to ET any mutation is meant to do something. For better or for worse. Why would U think that no meaning is needed in the process. Whatever steps are taken through evolution, it means something whether Darwin's finches were meant to grow beaks efficient for cracking certain seeds or whether apes evolved into sophisticated man. If these things were not MEANT to happen, they would not have happen. It is just thick-headed individuals that refuse to realize this. It's not hard but some seem to make it so!
solid

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

i'm god. i've controlled half the country for like the past hell since i was 12..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, I don't have any proof of God that I can show U and think that it would be satisfactory to your kind. Life demands an able body and mind in order to come into existence. How can it happen on its own? I don't see how people can be so stubborn to open their eyes to the obvious! I don't see why evolutionists require a sign from God before they can realize He exists? If U ignore the obvious things around U everyday, then how can U be satisfied with any "sign"? I believe if U found out that God is definitely real, U would still curse His being and deny Him to His face because that is most likely who U are and for whatever reason just hate God anyway.
See what you get for believing?

A lot of words. No substance. You should have taken a picture.

"Hey God", flash, "Gotcha".

Now go sit between the Alien and Sasquatch believers.

OK, bring in that Santa dude.
solid

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

i can answer prayers..
worship me..

i created myself..
solid

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

even if someone were to do what i didn't tell them to do it would still be me controlling them..
solid

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

the fact that i am the only person whoms eyes are fully open to the spirtual realm or who can even understand it is proof that i'm god or something..
solid

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

yeah my perception of what the real God is changed a while ago..
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

solid wrote:
the fact that i am the only person whoms eyes are fully open to the spirtual realm or who can even understand it is proof that i'm god or something..
Explain away.
The spiritual realm that is.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.
Erm, not so much.

You're making the classic error of assuming that because something happens, it's "driven", and that therefore there must be a "driver".

It's the old C/ID* myopia.

Evolution is a function of life, and all things living have evolved.
'Cos if they hadn't, they'd be dead.

Just like 99% of all the species who ever were.

You need a sense of scale.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
See what you get for believing?
A lot of words. No substance. You should have taken a picture.
"Hey God", flash, "Gotcha".
Now go sit between the Alien and Sasquatch believers.
OK, bring in that Santa dude.
What are U talking about? U just came in with nothing to add. Please, head back down the hole to Wonderland until U can think of something. I'm merely looking to see what some of the smarties have to say about things that are still in question. And there are parts of E.T. and B.B.T. aren't figured out. And I'm tired of folks on here trying to testify what the truth is, claiming to have advanced knowledge beyond anyone else like they're "the chosen one" or something. When those people are presented with things that may alter in some way their outlook about what they believed to be so true, they flare their nostrils, gnash their teeth, and start attacking with insults.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What are U talking about? U just came in with nothing to add. Please, head back down the hole to Wonderland until U can think of something. I'm merely looking to see what some of the smarties have to say about things that are still in question. And there are parts of E.T. and B.B.T. aren't figured out. And I'm tired of folks on here trying to testify what the truth is, claiming to have advanced knowledge beyond anyone else like they're "the chosen one" or something. When those people are presented with things that may alter in some way their outlook about what they believed to be so true, they flare their nostrils, gnash their teeth, and start attacking with insults.
Yeah, don't you just hate it when people ask you to accept something as the absolute truth when there is absolutely no proof for what they are claiming?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, not so much.
You're making the classic error of assuming that because something happens, it's "driven", and that therefore there must be a "driver".
It's the old C/ID* myopia.
Evolution is a function of life, and all things living have evolved.
'Cos if they hadn't, they'd be dead.
Just like 99% of all the species who ever were.
You need a sense of scale.
Why should living things want to live? Are you suggesting that every living thing is self aware, recognising the difference between life and non-life and choosing life? Is there some sense of inertia? Reactions occur in cell organelles and the hence the complusion is to keep ensuring that reactions keep occurring in cell organelles? The living somehow recognised its superiority over the non-living, and strove to replicate itself?

There has to be some driver, even if it isn't Allah. If something happens once off, it is a coincidence, an accident. But if it happens consistently, and consistently in the same way, there is something driving it. If it is not God, then it is the self awareness and deliberate choice of the single celled life to choose life over non-life, to function as opposed to not function, to maintain its current state, as opposed to allow itself to die.

The single cell organism has no brain. It has no self awareness. So is it simply reflexive reactions? Is it all mass and energy balances? Is the consciousness of beings, nothing but an intricate system of physical laws? Do cell organelles all function by some kind of symbiosis? If one organelle performs one action, the others respond "appropriately", all based on chemistry and physical laws? A common desire, a common conspiracy to evade and dominate over non-life?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I've been here for years and once again, what difference does it make to you whether they believe in the god myth or not? Are you a god believer?

Do you think man was fashioned from mud and a woman from a rib?

I'll need an answer to those questions before I regard you as any different from the others.

Or you can ignore me and let me mock you with impunity. Some choose that path, for a little while.
James Bond OO7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Let me understand God's world and will try to do some expermiments on ownself......thereafter i may be able to prove there's a god

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 583,341 - 583,360 of716,249
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

578 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Informants...Immigration...Choice Breeding 5 min Carla34 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 529,811
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Hidingfromyou 223,106
snitch pizza bill stapelton from cg ohio 13 min true 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Faith 114,581
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Dr_Zorderz 255,622
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Lyndi 171,418
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••