“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#614482 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If they were all very specific and the bible had only made 10 prophecies, yes, that would be impressive. But we both know that prophecies are always vague, and that the bible has made far more than 10 prophecies. It's the texas sharpshooter fallacy, except in this scenario the sharpshooter is using a shotgun.
1. Amos 9:14-15 : The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.

2. Ezekiel 37: 10-14 Israel would be brought to life. The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.

3. Isaiah 66: 7-8 Isaiah spoke of Israel being born in one day. During one day, the United States recognized Israel's sovereignty. Just hours before a U.N. mandate expired, ending British control of the land. Within a 24 hours of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence.

4. Ezekiel 37: 21-22 Israel would be re-established as 1 nation.

5. Jeremiah 16: 14-15 The reborn Israel will be more powerful and impressive than the 1st.

There's more. But even if one doesn't believe in the prophesy, its still kind of interesting none the less......

#614483 Apr 8, 2013
Darwin is my Copilot wrote:
Just doing a drive-by to see who's still here. Looks like my pal, AL, Catcher, Mac, and some others I know peripherally ( boots, areobatty).
Did you manage to take the board back from the loons? It had gotten to the point there for a while that I couldn't bear to log and and see the vile and stupidity.
Hope everyone is still fighting the good fight!
Copilot
Hey! Hi!!!!!!:)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614484 Apr 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
If survival and adaptation drives evolution, then what drives survival and adaptation? Where did this notion of instintive survival arise from? Nothing?
What difference does it make?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#614485 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Hi!!!!!!:)
What's up AL? How is it out your way?

#614486 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you dare question the jews right to israel, you'll be labeled an antisemite. God says it's theirs.
Then no one belongs anywhere? Because that means that any land belongs to those before them, and so forth and so on?

Location hidden

#614487 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Amos 9:14-15 : The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.
2. Ezekiel 37: 10-14 Israel would be brought to life. The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.
3. Isaiah 66: 7-8 Isaiah spoke of Israel being born in one day. During one day, the United States recognized Israel's sovereignty. Just hours before a U.N. mandate expired, ending British control of the land. Within a 24 hours of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence.
4. Ezekiel 37: 21-22 Israel would be re-established as 1 nation.
5. Jeremiah 16: 14-15 The reborn Israel will be more powerful and impressive than the 1st.
There's more. But even if one doesn't believe in the prophesy, its still kind of interesting none the less......
The Palestinians disagree quite like the North American natives did. Israel just doesn't have enough Reservation space.
nurface

London, KY

#614488 Apr 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
every moral citizen has the obligation to stand against evil
Atheist dont believe in evil do they?

#614489 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you dare question the jews right to israel, you'll be labeled an antisemite. God says it's theirs.
You live happily in a land that the U.S. Government says is yours.....
Are you saying then that its ok because that's where you live comfortably?

I'm just saying.....

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614490 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What questions? I recall someone making the claim that for evolution to occur that all of the necessary mutations to form a new species would have to occur at the same time, which is such a ridiculous assertion it doesn't even warrant a response.
As for DNA, it did not "gain intelligence." DNA is basically a set of instructions for "creating" creatures, but DNA itself is not intelligent. As to where it came from, there are several theories. Some people think that the necessary building blocks came from space - as two of the four nucleobases found in dna were recently found on a meteorite. Or for an earth based solution to this problem, I'd recommend checking out the famous miller urey experiment, which showed that amino acids could be formed in conditions similar to early earth. I have just given you two possibilities, both of which are supported either by observation or experiment, and both of which are better explanations that "goddidit."
Way to go wikipedia! But see this is my whole point and science hates this. Everything had a starting point, an origin. And at the beginning of anything, it needs a starting force. Even something simple as a computer with all of it's information for completing whatever task it was designed to do can do nothing without someone flipping the switch. Same with the big bang. Even evolution started with some kind of force, or maybe the instructions were already there. But from where because sure in the hell not by itself, if evolution if proven to be outright true. And I mean without doubt and all obtainable evidence to prove it without question.

#614491 Apr 8, 2013
Darwin is my Copilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up AL? How is it out your way?
Pretty good. Just watching NatGeo and trying to stay awake. How ya been!? I've missed ya!!!

#614492 Apr 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Palestinians disagree quite like the North American natives did. Israel just doesn't have enough Reservation space.
Oh I know. I wasn't debating if the Palestinians liked it or not. But I was just pointing out "self fulfilled" prophesies that seem to have come to be. Not 1. Not 2. But 10 that come to mind.

Location hidden

#614493 Apr 8, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist dont believe in evil do they?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#614494 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good. Just watching NatGeo and trying to stay awake. How ya been!? I've missed ya!!!
Got too busy with work to keep it up and the board had been atken over by a bunch of really rude homophobes. The people we used to "hang out with" were showing up less often and the scales tilted far enough for me to slide off.

I'm up in NoCal working, watching a cooking show in my hotel room and fading fast.

Location hidden

#614495 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know. I wasn't debating if the Palestinians liked it or not. But I was just pointing out "self fulfilled" prophesies that seem to have come to be. Not 1. Not 2. But 10 that come to mind.
OK, sorry Al. If they're self fulfilled prophesies then they pretty much have to come to be, don't they?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614496 Apr 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make?
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.

#614497 Apr 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, sorry Al. If they're self fulfilled prophesies then they pretty much have to come to be, don't they?
If they are self fulfilled, then what are the odds?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#614498 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
If they are self fulfilled, then what are the odds?
It will come to pass, that you will read this post.

And when you do, I'll get to say:

"I foretold you so!"

...the only memorable thing about the movie, The Guardians.

Location hidden

#614499 Apr 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It will come to pass, that you will read this post.
And when you do, I'll get to say:
"I foretold you so!"
...the only memorable thing about the movie, The Guardians.
I knew you were gonna say that.

Location hidden

#614500 Apr 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.
Cheeseburgers?

Again, what difference does it make to you?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#614501 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then no one belongs anywhere? Because that means that any land belongs to those before them, and so forth and so on?
You would be correct with that statement.
No land belongs to anybody, we are all occupying until we need it no longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association game (Aug '08) 3 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,301
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Liam 38,695
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Oxbow 542,136
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min mike 601,024
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min macumazahn 441,337
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 21 min iknowcelecki 289
98-366 Exam Download Latest Questions & Answers 24 min passokay123 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min HipGnozizzz 173,645
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Ratloder 118,223
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••