Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>After making clear you don't understand it - making the claim that for one species to evolve into a new one all necessary mutations must arise at the same time.
Do you even know how that might occur?
Come on, think for yourself, give it a go.
Don't be scared.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

What I really can't believe is that how so many people feel so comfortable spitting insults at who is referred to as God. The mass misconception of who God is has tainted our culture and caused free thinking people to question what is possible. And when we look at the Bible we see that it's filled with impossible shit. So now there's a movement of individuals that are trying to convince the world that religious scriptures are all bull and there can't possibly be this "cloud god" watching from above involved in creating the universe. But much like the past we interpret info as compared to observations and current knowledge as we try to figure out what's going on. Maybe most of yall laugh at and mock God because yall are going along with the description that God sits on the clouds, which we know now isn't true but past cultures only knew that God came from above so it was logical then to think that maybe God is above the clouds. Science provides the best evidence of WHAT God is and religion just reveals WHO He is.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
You started this, prove there isn't a God. Come on and do it, Gomer! Bet ya can't!
I thought the question was prove there's a god,you can't,you can't prove there isn't a god either it's a belief, you can point to the big bang theory but then ppl will say who created the big bang it's a chicken and egg question.
You cannot prove it.

Since: Mar 11

Blackburn, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholics killed and tortured thousands of Christians for what they ''OPENLY'' claimed, and if you would read the Holy Bible with an unbiased mind set, you will find ''many who was not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ,died OPENLY and WILLINGLY for what they believed in..
Do you know or have you seen an atheist who is willing to die for what they ''believe in''????
So its true then??? That you all HIDE and fear what waits for you after death.
Yes many Christians were killed for what they believed in. You say this as if your discounting all the others that died at the hands of RC, Christians and Protestants, Jew's Muslims, you've all had a great go at killing, thou it doth say "thou shall not kill" in a commandment somewhere; so I've heard. And though I'm not religious, that makes sense to me.
Don't you go taking all the glory, it isn't just religious people that have fought and died for their countries, for the Freedom of speech. Atheists and Agnostics fought, held hands with the religious ones; implying Atheists and Agnostics are yellow.
Of course it isn't true that, "you" all hide and fear what waits after death. That's the same as me saying you only believe in God because of what you fear. Your God, from what I've learnt about him isn't going to be too happy with you lot on here, judging and insulting people, acting so superior. I'd be so "fearful", if I were you.

Blackburn, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Greens - tuf wrote:
All biological systems such as organs, the immune system and the senses are far too complex to have come into existence by mere chance alone.
If these complex biological systems did gradually develop over many prototypes than where are the fossil records?
Many new biological functions such as eye sight for example were spontaneous creative inventions in the evolutionary process. When more fossils were found in the quest to find the missing links in the fossil records,paradoxically more evidence was being collected that evolution took place in quantum leaps of species, such as from invertebrates to vertebrates.
I agree with evolution. However how could eye's have been a new biological function which was a spontaneous creative invention, when all animals have them?

Blackburn, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

13th Door wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the question was prove there's a god,you can't,you can't prove there isn't a god either it's a belief, you can point to the big bang theory but then ppl will say who created the big bang it's a chicken and egg question.
You cannot prove it.
True, but religious people think they can prove it by quoting Bible gospels!

Blackburn, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a question for you please. How many people do you know that would put their very lives on the line for a lie? JESUS was either what He claimed to be or He was a Blatant liarmouth and people died defending their FAITH. Do you know anything about Daniel? I shall waste no energy entertaining all your questions of disbelief. As I've already stated I have many questions yet myself. Thank You
No one would. Those people died believing what they were dying for, was true.
nurface

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Although "all though" is not the proper spelling. TYPO NINJA
Says the half tad pole half human... topix spellchecker...lol

It was intentional...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>What evidence?

I never seen no evidence of evolution taking place!

When has anyone seen one species turn into another species?
You didn't really just ask that, did you?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim that he is dead. Back it up with evidence.
feces for jesus wrote:
"Living christ? If he did exist, he's long dead."
But I forget the atheist rules of debate....
You can make any claim you want and call it fact. But if we make an alternate claim, it requires "evidence"....
Put up or shut up, bitch.
awwww, poor redneck is butthurt that I said zombie jebus is dead. Go cry to your dead god.

Allow me to rephrase my statement, if your jebus really did exist, he's more than likely dead. Get over it already.

What is it with christards, like yourself, who think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is an atheist? Is it some sort of reflex judgment?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is pathetic.
Ignorance? Well, I'm still waiting for you all to prove that jesus did exist and that he's still alive.

The National Enquirer is waiting too.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. It doesn't bother me at all.
What bothers me is how some of you try to redefine words to match your own desires and thoughts.
An atheist does more than just not believe in a god, they don't believe ANY god can or does exist.
It's really that simple.
You think there *may* be a god. You're not sure though.
You're agnostic. So what? Does that trouble you?
And you are an atheist, too. You don't believe in the thousands of other Gods except your own.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with evolution. However how could eye's have been a new biological function which was a spontaneous creative invention, when all animals have them?
They started with light sensitive nerve endings, which were an obvious advantage to survival enabling those organisms that had them to pass them along.
nurface

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes many Christians were killed for what they believed in. You say this as if your discounting all the others that died at the hands of RC, Christians and Protestants, Jew's Muslims, you've all had a great go at killing, thou it doth say "thou shall not kill" in a commandment somewhere; so I've heard. And though I'm not religious, that makes sense to me.
No, not all.. I was not prejudice in saying what i said.
Don't you go taking all the glory, it isn't just religious people that have fought and died for their countries, for the Freedom of speech. Atheists and Agnostics fought, held hands with the religious ones; implying Atheists and Agnostics are yellow.
You are projecting here? I never once implied your silly assumption..
Of course it isn't true that, "you" all hide and fear what waits after death. That's the same as me saying you only believe in God because of what you fear. Your God, from what I've learnt about him isn't going to be too happy with you lot on here, judging and insulting people, acting so superior. I'd be so "fearful", if I were you.
I agree, God is not pleased with the actions of ''so called Christians'' repeat so called.. Not saying that i 'know' that they arent Christians but actions speak louder then words so to speak.

I am no better or no less then you or any Atheist, or unbeliever. I am a human just the same as them.....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
macumazahn wrote:
No.
Atheism is not a belief.
It's a conclusion.
<quoted text>
Assumptions.
No.

Evidence.

Atheism has it.

Religion has folklore.

And despite recent frantic efforts to re-label that folklore in terms that sound scientific, or distort both the science and the folklore beyond all recognition so that they sorta might fit*, it's still folklore.

You've been told this repeatedly, and on some level you know that what you're spouting is factually nonsense, but you've invested so much effort and time into it that you simply cannot admit it.

That, or you're a Poe.

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence?
I never seen no evidence of evolution taking place!
When has anyone seen one species turn into another species?
I watched my ex-wife morph into a gelatinous creature in a year and a half. Does that count?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So what happens to those unfortunate few who are born flat footed? Are they doomed?
No one is born flat footed, it's a preference.

:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin did,, he ate some shroons and drawed them on a piece of paper, LOL,,,
*sigh*

No scientist has ever directly observed fusion at the nuclear level, either.

That doesn't prevent it from being demonstrably true.

I refer you to Eniwetok, Bikini Atoll, Christmas Island...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched a ridiculous show last evening and it's so ridiculous I shall not mention the name unless really pressed. There was a rich woman who claimed she made a glass refridge and therefore if she wanted to,,,, she could indeed watch that hot water turn to ice. Hmmmm, wonder how long it takes?:)
I am enjoying watching your banter RR and sorry I called you a RN earlier. Haha It's almost Monday,,,, wuuuupie!(not)
Ugh it's already Monday....

Is it me or do the weekends seem to be going by much faster?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>River, you are just being dumb at this point. I guess you just aren't good at reading. "Rejection of belief" means just that - not believing in a deity. I don't reject the possibility altogether because I cannot conclusively rule out the existence of a deity, I simply don't believe in one.
I don't "believe there may be a god," I just assert that given our current knowledge it is impossible to rule a god out, no matter how improbable one may be. I think that quote I cited for you earlier sums up my position nicely - that I am an atheist because the god proposition is so meaningless that it is basically irrelevant, but I am forced to label myself an atheist because modern society assumes a belief in god. If religion weren't so widespread, I would ignore the idea of god altogether, for the same reason you ignore the possibility that your computer is powered by magical pixies - it is so baseless and without evidence that it's futile to even consider it.
Alright, I'm dropping this topic after this, you seem to be willfully obtuse and it's getting old.

Atheism is not about "Rejection of belief". You omitted the last part of it.

Atheism is "rejection of a belief in the EXISTENCE OF" deities.

If you have any thoughts that there MAY be a deity, you're not atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat couples and girls for fun 3 min girls united ststes 15
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Aquarius-WY 537,195
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min girls united ststes 695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 172,963
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min waaasssuuup 225,695
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 10 min girls united ststes 145
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 12 min girls united ststes 259
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dr_Zorderz 259,407
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min waaasssuuup 599,552

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••