Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614500 Apr 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.
Cheeseburgers?

Again, what difference does it make to you?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#614501 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then no one belongs anywhere? Because that means that any land belongs to those before them, and so forth and so on?
You would be correct with that statement.
No land belongs to anybody, we are all occupying until we need it no longer.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#614502 Apr 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I knew you were gonna say that.
That's not even...

You can't really...

If you don't...

I'm not going to...

So we're really just...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614503 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then no one belongs anywhere? Because that means that any land belongs to those before them, and so forth and so on?
I didn't say that. I'm just saying people have been uprooted from their "natural home" many times throughout history, and it doesn't make much sense to try and organize the world based on whose ancestors came from where.

Location hidden

#614504 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Way to go wikipedia! But see this is my whole point and science hates this. Everything had a starting point, an origin. And at the beginning of anything, it needs a starting force. Even something simple as a computer with all of it's information for completing whatever task it was designed to do can do nothing without someone flipping the switch. Same with the big bang. Even evolution started with some kind of force, or maybe the instructions were already there. But from where because sure in the hell not by itself, if evolution if proven to be outright true. And I mean without doubt and all obtainable evidence to prove it without question.
I didn't go on wiki. The information I shared with you is widely known and non technical, so I don't know why you would think I would have needed wiki.

You're making bold claims without backing them up, at all. Evolution doesn't need some divine force guiding it, that is why evolution is such an elegant mechanism. As for the big bang, you're just spouting apologist nonsense again. There are many theories as to how the universe started and none of them need to invoke some unknown being flipping a switch.

Location hidden

#614505 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Way to go wikipedia! But see this is my whole point and science hates this. Everything had a starting point, an origin. And at the beginning of anything, it needs a starting force. Even something simple as a computer with all of it's information for completing whatever task it was designed to do can do nothing without someone flipping the switch. Same with the big bang. Even evolution started with some kind of force, or maybe the instructions were already there. But from where because sure in the hell not by itself, if evolution if proven to be outright true. And I mean without doubt and all obtainable evidence to prove it without question.
Side note - it's hilarious that creationists require for us to literally obtain every single piece of evidence to prove any scientific theory (which we would have to be omnipresent to do), but they don't require even close to the same level of scrutiny for their goddidit nonsense. Why does evolution need to be proven to an unreasonable degree for you to accept it, but your god belief needs nothing of the sort? You support it with vague suppositions about god "needing" to be the starting force, and nothing else. A lack of a perfect scientific theory of everything, as you seem to demand, does not prove god. Proof for god would prove god, which you have none of.

Location hidden

#614506 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Amos 9:14-15 : The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.
2. Ezekiel 37: 10-14 Israel would be brought to life. The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.
3. Isaiah 66: 7-8 Isaiah spoke of Israel being born in one day. During one day, the United States recognized Israel's sovereignty. Just hours before a U.N. mandate expired, ending British control of the land. Within a 24 hours of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence.
4. Ezekiel 37: 21-22 Israel would be re-established as 1 nation.
5. Jeremiah 16: 14-15 The reborn Israel will be more powerful and impressive than the 1st.
There's more. But even if one doesn't believe in the prophesy, its still kind of interesting none the less......
Most of those are pretty similar, and not very impressive. I would be impressed if they came with a date, a description of the circumstances surrounding israel's reclamation, name of the first leader, etc, etc. What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?

Location hidden

#614507 Apr 9, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist dont believe in evil do they?
Like, as a force? General concept? I don't think "evil" exists, but people can certainly be what I would call evil. And those people have no right to be a part of society.

Location hidden

#614508 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You live happily in a land that the U.S. Government says is yours.....
Are you saying then that its ok because that's where you live comfortably?
I'm just saying.....
I don't really understand what you're saying. Am I saying what's ok?

Location hidden

#614509 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know. I wasn't debating if the Palestinians liked it or not. But I was just pointing out "self fulfilled" prophesies that seem to have come to be. Not 1. Not 2. But 10 that come to mind.
I don't think the bible would fare too well on an objective check of all it's prophecies, not just the ones concerning israel.

Location hidden

#614510 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
A big difference. Big bang theory pretty much states that all life is a major mistake and really shouldn't have happened because it's meaningless. So if evolution was driven by survival, then something must drive survival (like purpose) or else nothing would have ever survived because, remember, life is meaningless.(as the person who made the original statement believes it is.
The big bang theory says nothing of the sort, that's just you projecting your own insecurities on it. Life can be meaningful without a god. That's up to you. I, for one, believe my life is meant for something more than becoming an eternal lapdog in heaven.

Your evolution/survival/purpose argument makes no sense whatsoever. Evolution does not need to have "meaning" to work. That is absurd.

Location hidden

#614511 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most of those are pretty similar, and not very impressive. I would be impressed if they came with a date, a description of the circumstances surrounding israel's reclamation, name of the first leader, etc, etc. What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?
Unfulfilled prophecies are always allegorical.

Duh.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614512 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheeseburgers?
Again, what difference does it make to you?
WHAAAAAT!!!!

Memphis, TN

#614513 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go on wiki. The information I shared with you is widely known and non technical, so I don't know why you would think I would have needed wiki.
You're making bold claims without backing them up, at all. Evolution doesn't need some divine force guiding it, that is why evolution is such an elegant mechanism. As for the big bang, you're just spouting apologist nonsense again. There are many theories as to how the universe started and none of them need to invoke some unknown being flipping a switch.

There U go again talking about what U think U are sure of. If U believe that something comes from nothing, then it is U who has the delusions of nonsense. Since there are many theories that U're up on and none of them "invoke" a starting driving force we know as a divine being, then which of them states that something comes spontaneously from nothing and is in fact the truth?

Location hidden

#614514 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
WHAAAAAT!!!!
Exactly what I thought of your post but was too polite to say.

Memphis, TN

#614515 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Side note - it's hilarious that creationists require for us to literally obtain every single piece of evidence to prove any scientific theory (which we would have to be omnipresent to do), but they don't require even close to the same level of scrutiny for their goddidit nonsense. Why does evolution need to be proven to an unreasonable degree for you to accept it, but your god belief needs nothing of the sort? You support it with vague suppositions about god "needing" to be the starting force, and nothing else. A lack of a perfect scientific theory of everything, as you seem to demand, does not prove god. Proof for god would prove god, which you have none of.
No, I don't have any proof of God that I can show U and think that it would be satisfactory to your kind. Life demands an able body and mind in order to come into existence. How can it happen on its own? I don't see how people can be so stubborn to open their eyes to the obvious! I don't see why evolutionists require a sign from God before they can realize He exists? If U ignore the obvious things around U everyday, then how can U be satisfied with any "sign"? I believe if U found out that God is definitely real, U would still curse His being and deny Him to His face because that is most likely who U are and for whatever reason just hate God anyway.

Memphis, TN

#614516 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory says nothing of the sort, that's just you projecting your own insecurities on it. Life can be meaningful without a god. That's up to you. I, for one, believe my life is meant for something more than becoming an eternal lapdog in heaven.
Your evolution/survival/purpose argument makes no sense whatsoever. Evolution does not need to have "meaning" to work. That is absurd.
U can't be this......never mind! Evolution REQUIRES meaning. According to ET any mutation is meant to do something. For better or for worse. Why would U think that no meaning is needed in the process. Whatever steps are taken through evolution, it means something whether Darwin's finches were meant to grow beaks efficient for cracking certain seeds or whether apes evolved into sophisticated man. If these things were not MEANT to happen, they would not have happen. It is just thick-headed individuals that refuse to realize this. It's not hard but some seem to make it so!
solid

Voorhees, NJ

#614517 Apr 9, 2013
i'm god. i've controlled half the country for like the past hell since i was 12..

Location hidden

#614518 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I don't have any proof of God that I can show U and think that it would be satisfactory to your kind. Life demands an able body and mind in order to come into existence. How can it happen on its own? I don't see how people can be so stubborn to open their eyes to the obvious! I don't see why evolutionists require a sign from God before they can realize He exists? If U ignore the obvious things around U everyday, then how can U be satisfied with any "sign"? I believe if U found out that God is definitely real, U would still curse His being and deny Him to His face because that is most likely who U are and for whatever reason just hate God anyway.
See what you get for believing?

A lot of words. No substance. You should have taken a picture.

"Hey God", flash, "Gotcha".

Now go sit between the Alien and Sasquatch believers.

OK, bring in that Santa dude.
solid

Voorhees, NJ

#614519 Apr 9, 2013
i can answer prayers..
worship me..

i created myself..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 583,981
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Theswamiji 6,288
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 11 min Freebird USA 9,309
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min Good-Evil 3,346
60s Hippy Freaks Ruined America! (Aug '07) 42 min Good-Evil 350
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,633
sex (May '13) 1 hr sameer 149
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 611,844
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr gundee123 442,815
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web