Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614672 Apr 9, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
We forgot that you and your kind knows how all life started because you read, and believed a book.
And that's the crux Mr. Feces. We don't believe that it's just any book. That book has power. Power to make you debate it, think about it, consider it and occupy your mind with it.
Like it or not, it Does.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614673 Apr 9, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, don't start with that slick insulting shit dude. And if U're gonna try and state what drives evoution, at least come with a better one. "Pressure"?! And that's all? No directon? No purpose? Hmm, so evolution is just a bunch of pressure occurences that have mistakenly produced millions of species of life rather consisently without direction and for over millions of years and really have no meaning or purpose. Then why is there a need to survive?
Thats '' all'' they know how to do, spew insults and mock.

He is just part of that 99% here on topix that give the other Atheist a bad name.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#614674 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, didn't think you had any balls, coward.
BTW, is your mom still growing that beard?
Catcher white sheet drops.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#614675 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
And that's the crux Mr. Feces. We don't believe that it's just any book. That book has power. Power to make you debate it, think about it, consider it and occupy your mind with it.
Like it or not, it Does.
The book has no power.

For numerous and complicated reasons, Christianity is popular. If Greek Mythology were still popular, we'd be debating it, thinking about it, and occupying our minds with it. And we'd be having a better time, because Greek Mythology is far more interesting than Christian Mythology.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#614676 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not, it Does.
Cheese has power, so does bacon. Bacon and cheese were a team!
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614678 Apr 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The book has no power.
For numerous and complicated reasons, Christianity is popular. If Greek Mythology were still popular, we'd be debating it, thinking about it, and occupying our minds with it. And we'd be having a better time, because Greek Mythology is far more interesting than Christian Mythology.
You have no clue.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614679 Apr 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheese has power, so does bacon. Bacon and cheese were a team!
That proves atheism is wrong.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614680 Apr 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The book has no power.
The Greek women were kinda hot too.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614682 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher white sheet drops.
Whoa, dude. Is that why they call you the hung jurist?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614683 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greek women were kinda hot too.
Oops, forgot the image.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OO1cxpaKueA/TjQKPBs...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#614684 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves atheism is wrong.
Yes you must worship cheese, until bacon shows up.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614685 Apr 9, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> So what you are saying is that mutations take place for the sole purpose of greater survivability . Why would something that came from "nothing" feel the need to "survive"?
How would it know what advantage / disadvantage it would achieve if Evolution has no meaning ?
You are thinking about it the wrong way. Populations don't "know" which adaptation will confer greater survivability. Some don't provide a benefit, and are selected out. Some do.

Location hidden

#614686 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I meant at all. I meant that I think God is a very subtle sumbitch. He could very easily show Himself to someone, Christian or not, and that someone might not even know it.
Yes, but's it's *your* god showing himself. Your chrisitan god.

Location hidden

#614687 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok wikipedia, what do U think science is doing. Trying to poke holes in religion ain't it? How does the evidence that (whatever site it's from) U provide stand on its own?! U just found someone who stated what "could" have happen. How does that stand on its own? It doesn't. But out of everything that science find there is always some kind of reference or hint, whether literal of metaphorically, that is found in ancient scripture where the understanding was there but the vocab was different. But still, what U provide doesn't hold just because someone says it so don't be so nieve. And it isn't evidence just because it is being thought about by a few folks. And U wanna talk about what someone else feel that "could have happen". U gotta start looking at the whole picture instead of just one side. It's like using only one side of the brain. One just won't be able to interpret EVERYTHING that goes on in the environment because something will always be overlooked in the assessment.
Again, I provided you with widely known information that was non technical. That you think everything I say is copy pasted just shows how ignorant you are. You aren't even worth talking to.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614688 Apr 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you must worship cheese, until bacon shows up.
Sounds kinda cheesy to me...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#614690 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, dude. Is that why they call you the hung jurist?
Why thank you!

Coming from you, that's quite a compliment.

BTW, Shanghai was fun, and the Li river cruise from Guilin was spectacular.

Harmony and serenity.

Location hidden

#614691 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text> "I've seen Sir Huon and a troop of his people setting off from Tintagel Castle for Hy-Brasil in the teeth of a sou'-westerly gale, with the spray flying all over the Castle, and the Horses of the Hills wild with fright. Out they'd go in a lull, screaming like gulls, and back they'd be driven five good miles inland before they could come head to wind again. Butterfly-wings! It was Magic - Magic as black as Merlin could make it, and the whole sea was green fire and white foam with singing mermaids in it. And the Horses of the Hills picked their way from one wave to another by the lightning flashes! That was how it was in the old days!"
What was your point again?
Holy shit that was funny.

Location hidden

#614692 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
See, it's those kind of misconceptions that people are starting to mock the true nature of who the Almighty is. U say shit like "fashioned from mud" when we know that it was a metaphor for the substances of the Earth. The same fuel that U folks have to discredit God is the same that is fueling the religious fanatics, a literal interpretation of the reading of scripture. Some things are metaphors and some are to be read as eyewitness accounts. Some are just stories that have a certain meaning in life and some contain what people of the past wanted future generations to be aware of. But when U say stuff like made from mud and mean it literally, U kind of sound just as crazy as the fundies that believe it to be literal. So don't try and use those kind of questions to distinguish who's who.
Who decides what's literal and what's not? Shouldn't a god be straightforward when we are dealing with matters of life and death?

Location hidden

#614693 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not that "goddidit", it's that God (or whatever U wanna call the supreme power) was responsible for getting the ball rolling. The skydaddy that U refer to is the one, or ones, that were witnessed by the ancients. Beings beyond their own comprehension dropped out of the sky and visited them. They called them Gods. These events were recorded so many times and the accounts are provided for us today in different scriptures from different cultures. And those people were the same as U and me if we were to see something with our own eyes and testify to it. We would know that we are not crazy and know what we had witnessed was real. Now, the evidence is there about visitation from other beings that were referred to as "Gods" but science can't admit that until everything is known about the beings. But trust that there is much evidence this. Ask the Vatican! There is always gonna be the misconception of God because too much is being suppressed. So U athiests are just having a ball because no one can prove to U the very thing that is hidden from EVERYONE'S eyes.
"Trust" you that there is much evidence for god like beings? No, how about you provide it to me. Eyewitness accounts are far from acceptable evidence. And if I saw an angel descend from the heavens, my first thought would not be "oh jesus, ye have come!," it would be "I've gone nuts." Why didn't god show up during the era of camera phones?

Location hidden

#614694 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
How are U gonna tell me that I'm ABSOLUTELY wrong, then turn around and state EXACTLY what I just said?!? U are truly a character, maybe a sock! Mane, I can't believe U tried that shit!!! Come on, U gotta do better than that! U say that it doesn't require meaning at all, then say that it requires some but none beyond purpose. Which is it?
You are absolutely wrong about evolution. Wtf are you talking about? I did not say "exactly what you just said." You rambled on about "meaning and purpose" so much that you were incomprehensible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,566
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,084
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 22 min Trump worshiper 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Holy Jehowa Witness 679,020
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Holy Jehowa Witness 46,213
Gangbang with my Girlfriend. (Mar '11) 2 hr Kinky1ntn 33
The Seth Rich Murder 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 5
More from around the web