Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#614702 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not okay with contradictions in your world view?
Or do you agree with the laws of logic, such as the law of non-contradiction?
We believe when we opened your drawer, the Muppet's will be dancing around like it's a some kind of freaky party.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614704 Apr 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We believe when we opened your drawer, the Muppet's will be dancing around like it's a some kind of freaky party.
Yep, a cowards response, typical.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614705 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So... the faithful just ignore everything that contradicts their worldview?
As do the faithless.....

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614706 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
So how many predictions would it take to be impressive?
Let's ask Harold Camping.

#614707 Apr 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The book has no power.
For numerous and complicated reasons, Christianity is popular. If Greek Mythology were still popular, we'd be debating it, thinking about it, and occupying our minds with it. And we'd be having a better time, because Greek Mythology is far more interesting than Christian Mythology.
But it's not Greek mythology that occupies your time is it?

#614708 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. No answer would suffice. No proof would be sufficient. His mind is already made up and closed.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614709 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's ask Harold Camping.
Go ahead and use your life line and call a friend. Sad that you need help to find an answer.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614710 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. No answer would suffice. No proof would be sufficient. His mind is already made up and closed.
That is the point ain't it? Afraid to follow the evidence, no matter where it leads.

#614711 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a roundabout way of saying "god works in mysterious ways." I could say the same thing about nostradamus, and that you need to truly contemplate his words to understand his majesty. Nothing impressive about a few vague predictions being right out of many.
If that's how you interpret it.......
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614712 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's how you interpret it.......
I think they ran away...

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614713 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
There are far more Christian mythology threads.

When in Rome....right?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614714 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Go ahead and use your life line and call a friend. Sad that you need help to find an answer.
What?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614715 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Trust" you that there is much evidence for god like beings? No, how about you provide it to me. Eyewitness accounts are far from acceptable evidence. And if I saw an angel descend from the heavens, my first thought would not be "oh jesus, ye have come!," it would be "I've gone nuts." Why didn't god show up during the era of camera phones?
Hmm, eyewitness accounts would sure hold up in a court of law, wouldn't it? Most times when we can't trust the word of someone we dont know who says that they saw something and had given detailed descriptions, it is most likely because we tell big lies ourselves and think that someone is always gonna lie to us. A story from an eyewitness woud be acceptable to me as evidence of something did happen. And I never said trust me. I dont know U! I said trust that there is info that supports the fact that extra beings have and still are visiting. If I saw an angel, I wouldn't know that it's an angel. The depictions of angels are just a european look that were passed down to try an convince the conquered peoples of color that white skin-peoples were superior to all and that if people of color (red, black, brown, yellow) were to believe that God is white, then it would be easier to oppress because at the same time people would associate a white man to a white savior and would not find it hard to submit to the will of the europeans. A total distortion of the past has created a bunch of religious nuts who can't tell the difference between God's word and the words of mere men. Aw yea, as far as extra beings, the evidence is there but I can't provide U with it because U already have it. U've just been caught up in the misinformation campaign and decided not to believe until some scientist or government agency tells U to. Remember the lies about Roswell? People laid on their deathbeds and finally came forward about the cover-up of the crash site because in the end, there's nothing to lose. These beings were most likely referred to as Gods.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614716 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Huh?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614717 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Trust" you that there is much evidence for god like beings? No, how about you provide it to me. Eyewitness accounts are far from acceptable evidence. And if I saw an angel descend from the heavens, my first thought would not be "oh jesus, ye have come!," it would be "I've gone nuts." Why didn't god show up during the era of camera phones?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> And if I saw an angel descend from the heavens, my first thought would not be "oh jesus, ye have come!," it would be "I've gone nuts."
Where I'm from the first cry would be, "I seen it first, I get to shoot it".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614718 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you not okay with contradictions in your world view?
Or do you agree with the laws of logic, such as the law of non-contradiction?
Dude. Stop it. Go see a dr.

Location hidden

#614719 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not about a straight up tally, it's about how many are "right" in relation to how many are wrong. Other things, like specificity, accuracy, depth, etc. are more important than how many.

Location hidden

#614720 Apr 9, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, eyewitness accounts would sure hold up in a court of law, wouldn't it? Most times when we can't trust the word of someone we dont know who says that they saw something and had given detailed descriptions, it is most likely because we tell big lies ourselves and think that someone is always gonna lie to us. A story from an eyewitness woud be acceptable to me as evidence of something did happen. And I never said trust me. I dont know U! I said trust that there is info that supports the fact that extra beings have and still are visiting. If I saw an angel, I wouldn't know that it's an angel. The depictions of angels are just a european look that were passed down to try an convince the conquered peoples of color that white skin-peoples were superior to all and that if people of color (red, black, brown, yellow) were to believe that God is white, then it would be easier to oppress because at the same time people would associate a white man to a white savior and would not find it hard to submit to the will of the europeans. A total distortion of the past has created a bunch of religious nuts who can't tell the difference between God's word and the words of mere men. Aw yea, as far as extra beings, the evidence is there but I can't provide U with it because U already have it. U've just been caught up in the misinformation campaign and decided not to believe until some scientist or government agency tells U to. Remember the lies about Roswell? People laid on their deathbeds and finally came forward about the cover-up of the crash site because in the end, there's nothing to lose. These beings were most likely referred to as Gods.
Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. The fact that courts accept it does not make it any better. And eyewitness testimony becomes even more suspect when it is part of a narrative that depends on said testimony.

I don't have "evidence of other beings." You're being obtuse. Share this evidence, or admit that you don't have it. And wtf are you talking about roswell for? What in the world does that have to do with anything?

Location hidden

#614721 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
As do the faithless.....
I am very open to new information. There is nothing about my worldview that precludes me from believing in a god. It would actually be nice to think that there's some anthropomorphic deity up in the sky looking down on me, wishing me well. I just don't have the evidence to justify such a belief.

Location hidden

#614722 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't live in ancient greece. Christianity is the dominant religion in our culture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min waaasssuuup 31,514
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min kent 687,401
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,493
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 7 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 8 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web