Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#614610 Apr 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
just think how much better & more they could have done if they wouldn't have been so busy take'n it up the down spout or munching carpets all the time!
Just think how much humans could have accomplished if they weren't so busy breeding billions of offspring so that a few million could survive.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#614612 Apr 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Hi DeAngelo - thanks for posting.
You wrote:
"Some things are metaphors and some are to be read as eyewitness accounts."
- which are eyewitness accounts and which are not?
- What support do you have to show that this is true?
- Considering no NT books or bibles are in man's possession, that are older than the 4th C., how is that you can confirm anything that was written, confirms witnesses?
Thanks again!
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
The only support that can be given is trust that the individual was not lying about what was witnessed, and that's not enough for people of today who are so used to hearing lies ALL the time. One of the best accounts of an eyewitness telling what is seen is Ezekiel. Ezekiel said "I" saw, "I" heard, "I" witnessed! This account is the testimony of what he experienced during an encounter that he could only describe with the best of his knowledge and language. That is just one example of what may be taken as an eyewitness account. Now, something like the Exodus can't be considered the statement of an eyewitness, obviously, because it is describe from a narrative point of view. Even the story of Jesus isn't told from an eyewitness, even though I'm sure that there were many parchments burned, destroyed, stolen or lost that would corroborate these accounts.
You've misunderstood my post.

I was only talking about the NT - which is the basis of Christianity. The OT are not Christian, but Jewish, so those "eye witnesses" aren't included in my point.

This statement is the only response that was aligned, but you also state 'isn't told from an eyewitness'- so I am not sure on where you are actually heading. Do you have any scholarship to support your opinions and theories?

"Even the story of Jesus isn't told from an eyewitness, even though I'm sure that there were many parchments burned, destroyed, stolen or lost that would corroborate these accounts."

Albuquerque, NM

#614613 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't discuss the origin of life with me (or anyone) because you don't know the origin of life.
No one does.

Unless you have something?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614614 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought atheist believe the origin of life started with an invisible pink unicorn that lives in a teapot and makes monsters out of spaghetti?
Yeah, there's that. But don't forget to add in that it all happened by chance...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614615 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the European version.
Me too. But America added roofies and handcuffs :)

Albuquerque, NM

#614616 Apr 9, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the general consensus is that the books of the New Testament were written many years after the events they talk about, so as to the eye witness accounts it would be next to impossible to have truthful eye witness acounts of events that might have happened 30, 50 or even more, years prior to the 'witnesses' writing down what they had witnessed. Even if there are eye witness accounts there are only a handful and they differ.
Some people here talk about certain events in the Bible having been witnessed by 500 people, but only one person made that statement, and none of the other 500 recorded anything, so it is the word of the author only that anyone witnessed anything.
Yeah - what he said!

:o)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614617 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most of those are pretty similar, and not very impressive. I would be impressed if they came with a date, a description of the circumstances surrounding israel's reclamation, name of the first leader, etc, etc. What about all the biblical prophecies that didn't stick?
Again. My point is that those facts match the foretold prophesies. I know you may not be impressed, that's ok as this exercise was not to impress but to solidify a point.

Basically what most people want in proof of God is to be led, shown and taken to a big X in the map of God.

I don't think it works that way. I believe that we may not be ready for somethings in life until we mature in our emotional states and in doing so encounter our own "aha!" Moments.

Think about how different we think now than we did as kids.Back then girls were yucky and had cooties. Today, we have a completely different view.(Well, at least some of us here do)

We learn and mature by experiencing life. Being introspective about things, life God, people, etc.

That's why there's no direct dates placed on your lap. You have to see these things. Think about these things. Contemplate. And yes, for some of us to pray about it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614618 Apr 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I never defended "highschool" as one word.
Yes- "undereducated" IS one word- you couldn't even be bothered to look at one of the dictionary definitions I provided for it and which PROVE it is one word?
RR, you were WRONG. You made an ASS of yourself in that post of yours to karl and you know it.
So say "oh sure" all you like- is that yet ANOTHER fact you don't like and therefore don't think is fact- that "undereducated" IS one word?
Science doesn't work in proofs.

:p

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614619 Apr 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!
Doesn't mean I can't discuss the topic.
I choose not to discuss it with you.
Or really with anyone at this point in time.
But as you know, I am on record for calling the Adam and Eve story the fairy tale it is....and it's garbage and stuff and nonsense.
I may not know the origin of any life form on earth, but either do you.
So I guess that means you can't discuss it either- or DO you claim to "know" the origin of life?
Do tell, RR.
Your, um, post is like all "garbage and stuff and nonsense". Like totally.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614620 Apr 9, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you want to be spanked?
No one knows what the laws are.
Child abuse.
Spousal abuse.
Molesters.
Rape.
Statuatory rape.
Teens don't know that they can go to
prison for having sex. It is rape.
They have to register as sex
offenders. Child molesters.
Sex is rape if you are not married
by law.
Teenagers can't go to prison...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614621 Apr 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, telling everyone else what they believe. That's not healthy behavior.
Uh-huh.

And you telling me what is not unhealthy behavior is unhealthy behavior in and of itself.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#614622 Apr 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. My point is that those facts match the foretold prophesies. I know you may not be impressed, that's ok as this exercise was not to impress but to solidify a point.
Basically what most people want in proof of God is to be led, shown and taken to a big X in the map of God.
I don't think it works that way. I believe that we may not be ready for somethings in life until we mature in our emotional states and in doing so encounter our own "aha!" Moments.
Think about how different we think now than we did as kids.Back then girls were yucky and had cooties. Today, we have a completely different view.(Well, at least some of us here do)
We learn and mature by experiencing life. Being introspective about things, life God, people, etc.
That's why there's no direct dates placed on your lap. You have to see these things. Think about these things. Contemplate. And yes, for some of us to pray about it.
So very indeterminate and inexplicable the place you hide your divine. Mine is in plain sight,an ripe for the reaping. Lookout for the...

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614623 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.
And you telling me what is not unhealthy behavior is unhealthy behavior in and of itself.
Stop smoking. It's unhealthy behaviour.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614624 Apr 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe
Rational skeptics evaluate huh,, how do you do that? According to you, your brain is no more than 2 or 3 pounds of electrochemically active meat. How can you rationalize anything??
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614625 Apr 9, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational skeptics evaluate huh,, how do you do that? According to you, your brain is no more than 2 or 3 pounds of electrochemically active meat. How can you rationalize anything??
Are skeptics skeptical of skepticism? I doubt it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#614626 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>ha

HA !

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

Um, at least I'm educated enough to know that "under educated" is two words.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!
Main Entry: un·der·ed·u·cat·ed
Pronunciation:\ˌən-dər-ˈe- jə-ˌkā-təd\
Function: adjective
Date: 1848
: poorly educated

It appears you're undereducated.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#614627 Apr 9, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
U just made it dude! Metaphors were common in the days when scriptures were interpreted. Why don't U try to translate an entire account of something from Greek to English but to make sure that the Greek translation is correct by checking it against the Hebrew scripts and then making sure those are correct by studying Aramaic. U might see how hard it may be to put everything together and present it to a mass of people knowing there was important info and artifacts that had been destroyed by centuries of bloodshed and there may be a demand for these "proofs". And also take into account the style of writing.
That was from "Puck of Pook's Hill", you halfwit.

Rudyard Kipling, about 1906.

And you didn't even read the bit I posted.

That's just tragic.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614628 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Are skeptics skeptical of skepticism? I doubt it.
I dont know, but i feel a movement in the brain that someone may answer that!!

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#614629 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists believe that deities don't exist.

Last I checked, that's a belief, not a fact.

Oh, and I'm right. I'm RR.
6000+ years or so of no evidence of any gods.

I'd say it's pretty much a fact until it gets disproven.

Good luck with that.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#614630 Apr 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sure....

Didn't you defend that "highschool" is one wurd, too?

I guess undereducated is one word, huh?

And elementaryschool...?

O_x
"Wurd"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Cat 79,787
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr candlesmell 701,499
Gay snap eh 3 hr Lopez_nator21 13
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 719
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 7 hr thadv14 1
Best cosplay costumes online shop 7 hr Cosplay007 1