“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614408 Apr 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not Scotch.
Are you Scotch?
Scotty says if you push her harder, she'll blow...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614409 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww
And I thought you liked us.
Strangely enough..... I really do like all of you guys and gals.
Even when I strongly disagree with some of your points I like "Yous" guys.......:)

I would still be on Topix responding from my Villa on the Beach..

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614411 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists do not ponder whether or not evolution occurred. Poking holes in scientific theory does not do anything for your position.
Yeah, I knew U would avoid the questions proposed. And U obviously missed the piont of my post which I never stated that about scientists. It seems that U are just a tape recorder of the same bull that everyone else shovels because any concept that refutes this "it all happened by itself" theory isn't comprehendable to the thick-headed. And still, everyone is waiting for a real answer for those questions. Where did the info in DNA come from and when did it gain intelligience? Or are U scared of admitting to everyone that U can't be so damn stupid to believe everything happened on it's own without an intelligient driving force?!?
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#614412 Apr 8, 2013
Edward Shaw wrote:
Proof there is a God? Open your eyes. I exist. Would you rather believe that marvelous complexity of the human rose from the slime? The sheer magnificence of all creation would seem to require a divine architect. I believe in science laws that tell me you can't create something from nothing; that order falls into chaos rather than the opposite. And, most important .. I have asked, and received .. and I continue to exist. How does science explain love, melancholy, happiness, anger, or just plain greed? Yup .. something divine going on.
greed is Divine?? ok

so you cant prove god either,,
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614413 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh, I'd thought that that one was known to anyone who could figure out a wheelbarrow.
Okay, even Wiki might be beyond your current attainment potential, but let's try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
In case you don't like Wiki, lemme try something else:
David Deutsch (2001) "The Structure of the Multiverse."
Good pull. Have you done much research in this area?

I was looking for the reason Clem would accept a theory that does not meet the standards of empirical evidence. You know, can't be falsified or observed...
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#614414 Apr 8, 2013
Organic April wrote:
I wondered the same thing till I came across this site that put me in touch with god... so many real and proven things about god that it may influence you to believe there is a god.
http://bit.ly/10w52Ek
which go does it prove

www.godchecker.com

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614415 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole lot of those Jewish people are atheist.
HA HA HA !!!

Ya, all those religios Jews that believe in God are atheists....

You've lost your last marble.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614416 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That'd make him not very good at showing, would it not?
If you're spiritually blind, sure...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614417 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't get out of the gate.
Regardless of what anyone posts, you just will not accept anything. Proof, possibilities, probables..... anything....
That's a "freethinker" for ya, Al. They all seem to be that way.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#614418 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ardbeg's a very good Islay single-malt. Especially if you like the peat.
That's good, because it cost me a pretty penny.

If I like it, I may re-peat the purchase.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614419 Apr 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lumping me with people who make claims that you state above. I don't make those claims, though I do believe that evolution has occurred (mainly because that has been confirmed). I don't know how we get to where we are now, going from cells to a living being with a mind, but I do know that the components that is our mind is electrical and chemical, and it can be traced.
So in other words at this point in your life, your brain is no more than 2 or 3 pounds of electrochemically active meat??
Belief is Creation doing all this is the belief that all this came from Nothing, not eveolution.
If there is proof that I fail/reject to acknowledge then let's have the proof. Why do we spend years saying there is proof when no one provides any? If the proof exists, and you or others know it, then why not share that?
boots, you are in a position of ''materialism''( you do not ''believe'' God exist) you seek proof you want evidence and so on. And this is what you fail to see/recognize, IF MAN could prove the existance of an all knowing omnipotent God with ''physical'' evidence,(meaning)*God himself* then he would not be an all knowing omnipotent God would he? I will go a little farther, if man was able to truly ''understand God'' his ways his knowledge his thoughts and so on then he wouldnt be the all knowing God?

This is where BELIEF and then FAITH comes into the equation.
I don't have proof that a god does not exist, and I know that I will never be able to provide that proof (it is an impossibility). I also know that the basis of our current religions are in books, which at least the Abrahamic God believers claim are divinely inspired or written by God. I also know that if a God wrote/inspired these books then he made a lot of errors, and thus is not as omnipotent and all-knowing as is claimed.
Seems to me boots, and i may be wrong but you are exactly on that fence you spoke of right now. Even if you did find that proof, in your heart you already have fault against God.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#614420 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya Mac!!!!!!!!
Hiya Al!!!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614421 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Goddamnit RR when someone says something mildly thought provoking on the nature of god you have to go and ruin it.
I take it you disagreed with that post...

Just a hunch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#614422 Apr 8, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
which go does it prove
www.godchecker.com
The only god that isn't on godchecker.com .

God.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#614423 Apr 8, 2013
Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>...
Ever have a church tell you, "We love you and we're praying for you ... but please don't come back"?....
Never.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614424 Apr 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, u r wrong!
Coz the multiverse proves that evolution can take place on its own!! We r a mistake, just like all the other universes!! There is NOTHING special about us!! If u think different, well, then u r against the science of today!!
Maybe it makes U feel better to believe that your life doesn't mean a damn thing and mommy and daddy made U feel so insignificant as a person that U may think that U being able to breathe and witness the marvels of life is all just a mistake but don't state that science backs this opinion because all evidence points to an origin of an incomprehensible force or intelligence. Now the same famous scientists that we give credit to the discoveries are the very same that will tell anyone that it is supremely idiotic to believe that nothing creates nothing. Are U disputing the conclusions of Einstein, Planck, and the like?!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614425 Apr 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Al!!!!!!!
Hiya Catcher!!!!!!!
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#614426 Apr 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, u r wrong!
Coz the multiverse proves that evolution can take place on its own!! We r a mistake, just like all the other universes!! There is NOTHING special about us!! If u think different, well, then u r against the science of today!!
Oh I see. You think that we and everything in this Universe is a "mistake"
Well if it was a mistake than something/ someone is liable for that "mistake"
If nothing is driving evolution than there can be no mistakes for nothing is controlling it.
Your turn.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614427 Apr 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Eternal life with him!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#614428 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only god that isn't on godchecker.com .
God.
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/middle-eas...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 37,611
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min hopelost 618,329
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 12 min USA-1 38,323
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Catholic24 641,129
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 21 min hopelost 3,607
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min Anna 104,612
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 49 min Paul is dead 4,052
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min who 280,858
More from around the web