Comments
582,821 - 582,840 of 733,764 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613995 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>River man, do you intentionally act this dense as a debate tactic? I was making a comparison. Denying a gay person equal rights or representation because of his sexual orientation is the same as denying a black person rights or representation because of his color.
Really?

Seriously?

Have you ever been denied your right to vote?

Ever had to use the gay only water fountain?

Ever had to sit in the back of the bus - where the gays MUST sit?

No?

Gimme a break.

The racial plight that blacks had is NOTHING like the current plight of gays. Nothing at all.

What freedoms are you denied, as a gay man?

Location hidden

#613996 Apr 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel your pain.
When I was remodelling my house, I really wanted to move outo a hotel.
Eh, it's over.

RR's got his beer now.

Party on, Garth!
nurface

London, KY

#613997 Apr 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants to take away your beliefs.
We are just tired of having them shoved in our faces.
Shoved in your faces??? Come on now who are you kidding? Do people in court houses, schools and other official buildings remove those ''harmless'' commandments etc etc,, and shove them in your face?? Ridiculous..
Placing the commandments in publicly owned buildings and Christian symbols on publicly owned property amounts to government sanctioning of Christianity over other beliefs, or no beliefs, and is considered by the highest court in the land to be "establishing a religion", which the framers of our constitution, even the Christians among them, were wise enough to know was a bad thing.
You would just prefer that we nasty atheists would shut up about it, which impinges on our first amendment rights of free speech.
You obviously have no respect for our constitution.
Seriously you are that weak in what you believe in, that you have to go to such lengths to have them removed???

How many head quarters, buildings and offices does the Atheist organization president David Silverman have??

Location hidden

#613998 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That is literally what I just said. I do not hold any belief whatsoever in a deity. I do not believe that there is not a god, however. This is a simple distinction that is apparently way over your head.
"I do not believe that there is not a god"

Nice double negative.

So you believe that there is a god.

You aren't an atheist.

Location hidden

#613999 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why you are trying to squirm out of this. If you don't think that everyone needs to fit nicely into the mold you cast, say so. The misunderstanding was on you, not me. You straight up said "there are the three basic sexual orientations...that's it." Coming from a person who thinks a woman is irrevocably bisexual if she ever once deviates from men, it was easy for me to think you meant what you said, not what you intended to say.
Yes, that's how I see it. Please tell me how I'm wrong.

Example:

A straight woman has lesbian sex with another woman. She is not straight, she's bi.

Location hidden

#614000 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I find it hilarious that, one the one hand, you refuse to accept that atheists, being in the minority by far, experience the occasional bout of persecution, then you turn around and claim that being a christian in a christian majority nation will get you ridiculed.
I have been ridiculed for being Christian. Many times.

But I don't go home crying about it & figuring out a way to stop others beliefs.

That's an atheist's job.

But that's not you, so never mind.

Location hidden

#614001 Apr 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with status, and you damn well know that. By status I mean your acceptance in the community. It would decline quite quickly once the rumor mill begins. Why would pronouncing you're a christian bring ridicule when the majority of people in attendance are already christian? You better pack it in for the night, you're not making any sense...
Acceptance in what community? My neighbor, right next door, is an atheist. We get along great. Their kids are atheists, too. Go figure. They attend the same school meetings that I do. They attend the same City Counsel meetings that I do. Neither one of us are ridiculed by the community. Our community is obviously more tolerant than yours.

What the hell makes you think a PTA meeting in Southern California is a majority Christian?
nurface

London, KY

#614002 Apr 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, nutface, but those people are Christians, like you.
And here you are, trying to make us atheists shut up and go away.
Hypocrite much?
Now who is the '' Hypocrite ''??

Just wander how does that word taste?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/un...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614003 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Seriously?
Have you ever been denied your right to vote?
Ever had to use the gay only water fountain?
Ever had to sit in the back of the bus - where the gays MUST sit?
No?
Gimme a break.
The racial plight that blacks had is NOTHING like the current plight of gays. Nothing at all.
What freedoms are you denied, as a gay man?
Not gay. They have to deal with things they shouldn't have to deal with in an "equal" society. One example - they can't marry and gain all of the benefits that come with marriage.

http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/an-overvie...

Location hidden

#614004 Apr 6, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno what their deal is, atheists have their own headstone symbol, too...

See USVA emblem 16.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_...

Location hidden

#614005 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do not believe that there is not a god"
Nice double negative.
So you believe that there is a god.
You aren't an atheist.
RR, I try to be civil on these forums, but your stupidity is testing my patience. First of all, you shouldn't be a grammar nazi when you regularly butcher the english language. Yes, I used a double negative, but I had to to get my point across, which you still somehow missed. I will try to make it easier. See if you can spot the difference between these two sentences:

"I believe there is no god."

"I do not believe in a god."

I am an atheist of the latter variety, while you insist that only the former exists. You are mistaken. I can't believe how often this point has been driven into your head without sticking.

Location hidden

#614006 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been ridiculed for being Christian. Many times.
But I don't go home crying about it & figuring out a way to stop others beliefs.
That's an atheist's job.
But that's not you, so never mind.
How do atheists try to "stop your beliefs?" If your belief hinges solely on public displays, then maybe you need to rethink your beliefs.

Location hidden

#614007 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not gay. They have to deal with things they shouldn't have to deal with in an "equal" society. One example - they can't marry and gain all of the benefits that come with marriage.
http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/an-overvie...
First, I should tell you that I disagree with our laws on gay marriage. You guys SHOULD be able to enjoy the sane marriage rights as straights do.

However, that one right you don't get is nothing like all the rights the blacks didn't have.

IMO, the gay right thing is nothing like the black rights thing. Not at all.

Location hidden

#614008 Apr 6, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Linking to glenn beck's site - always a good sign.

Location hidden

#614009 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I should tell you that I disagree with our laws on gay marriage. You guys SHOULD be able to enjoy the sane marriage rights as straights do.
However, that one right you don't get is nothing like all the rights the blacks didn't have.
IMO, the gay right thing is nothing like the black rights thing. Not at all.
Again, I am not gay. I feel like you are doing that on purpose now, though. Anyways, that's good that you think gay people deserve marriage rights. And sure, there probably isn't as much open hostility towards gay people as there was towards black people, but that doesn't change the fact that gay people are denied equal footing in this society just as black people were before the civil rights movement. It's the principle of the matter, not the degree of the struggle. If they don't have one right that we have, that's still a huge problem that we need to fix.
nurface

London, KY

#614010 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA !
Figures...
I googled "FFRF wants Muslim symbol removed" and got a bunch of hits about the FFRF trying to remove Christian crosses.
https://www.google.com/search...
Derps
In all honesty,its really sad in a way.. atheist hide behind the ''freedom of speech'' blah blah blah thingy as for the motives, but in all truths its that they are convicted deep down inside their souls.. Just mentioning the Name of Jesus or seeing a cross, they ''know'' he is real and they just cant bare the thought of it..
ButlerTrashExpos ed

Butler, PA

#614012 Apr 6, 2013
I Also Want To Say On This Topic That If There Is A God, It Would Be Nice If He Could Make A Miracle Happen To Stop This Cyberbully In My Town =(
nurface

London, KY

#614013 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See USVA emblem 16.
I think i just gave the answer to your question, in a responce to your ealier post. It's obvious though, well to Christians anyway...
nurface

London, KY

#614014 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See USVA emblem 16.
Yup, only confirms what i said.. They have an agenda, and rather they know it or not they are part of the prophesy. Dont have to be,but choosen to be..
christianity is EVIL

Lower Sackville, Canada

#614015 Apr 6, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, only confirms what i said.. They have an agenda, and rather they know it or not they are part of the prophesy. Dont have to be,but choosen to be..
yo Nerdyface why are you such an IDIOT?

LOL

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Neelakaran 5,363
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min lil whispers 600,152
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 539,420
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 226,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,147
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 15 min Pipebomb 68
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min Senecus 2,516
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Jim Justice 118,092
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••