|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Kids in elementary school NEVER call other kids gay, do they.
They also call each other "stupidhead", "dumbbutt", etc.

They don't know what they're doing. They're kids.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the answer to all of your prayers was always the same, "nothing", then God knew you never truly believed.
You severed all ties with religion at the ripe old age of 16?
And you think you really looked to God?
C'mon...
Ah, the great religious cop out - if you don't feel god, you never really believed in the first place.

LOL

Such a great con....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No gay agenda?!? LMAO! gayagenda.com/ would disagree with you....
"The age at which the lesson is learned doesn't matter, as long as the lesson is true"
O_o
So you'd agree with teaching a 3 year old boy all about the desired for sex that most people have?
Or a 3 year old girl about "men are assholes"?
Dude, OF COURSE there's an age for every lesson. Junior high kids, hell even high school kids, don't need to be taught about the awesomeness that is gay.
That's a course for adults, not kids!
You're conflating the issue. Teaching kids about sex is not synonymous with teaching kids about human rights.

And I made clear that I was using the negative form of the word agenda. As in - those gays have an agenda to advance their goals to our detriment.

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I found the same thing in Japan and Thailand- that the people are VERY hospitable and VERY genuine and sincere.
I found the Japanese and the Thais to be even more hospitable than the people of the many countries I've been to in Europe.
About the language barrier- not really in Japan as it is mandatory for children in school to learn English- or at least it was when I was there which was many years ago.
The funny thing is that while every Japanese person we encountered could understand English, write English and read English, they did have a hard time with pronunciation.
But that didn't create too much of a barrier.
Anyway, am glad to hear you are enjoying your visit!
I recently read a very interesting article--neuroscience findings about accents, pronunciation. I don't have time now, but later I will try to give you a gist of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. I thought you were an atheist.
I am an atheist... being an atheist does not mean believing that gods cannot exist. It means not believing in a god. I recall that you have trouble with this distinction, and I would rather not get into it again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I'm talking about the three "basic" types, not all the different "complex" types.
You have no understanding of basic vs complex.
When you say "there are three types of sexuality. that's it" I tend to take you at your word that that's what you think. If you don't believe that every single human must fit nearly into one of those molds, don't say it.

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A Roman in Rome is hardly aware of the fact.
Great post, Aura.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the great religious cop out - if you don't feel god, you never really believed in the first place.
LOL
Such a great con....
In sorry that the truth hurts you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're conflating the issue. Teaching kids about sex is not synonymous with teaching kids about human rights.
And I made clear that I was using the negative form of the word agenda. As in - those gays have an agenda to advance their goals to our detriment.
You're ignoring the issue. Teaching kids about procreation - the science of it - is one thing, teaching kinds that gay Oar straight relationships are right or wrong is another.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I am an atheist... being an atheist does not mean believing that gods cannot exist. It means not believing in a god. I recall that you have trouble with this distinction, and I would rather not get into it again.
LMAO!!

Another poster trying to refine the dictionary....

Sure, sure. And a straight man that sucks a cock is still straight....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When you say "there are three types of sexuality. that's it" I tend to take you at your word that that's what you think. If you don't believe that every single human must fit nearly into one of those molds, don't say it.
"The three", remember?

"There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation."

I understand your confusion.

I won't hold it against you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignoring the issue. Teaching kids about procreation - the science of it - is one thing, teaching kinds that gay Oar straight relationships are right or wrong is another.
Yeah. We also should probably hold off on telling our kids that racism is wrong. let them figure that one out for themselves.

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one driving a Dodge minivan.
If cant answer the questions, just shut up about it.
You poor lil atheist.... Is the man trying to keep you down?
HA HA !!!
Hey, everybody has a bad day once in a while.

It's no reason for a meltdown.

Take a deep breath.

Chill a bit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
Another poster trying to refine the dictionary....
Sure, sure. And a straight man that sucks a cock is still straight....
Jesusmotherfuckingchrist. I really don't know if you forget how many times someone has explained this to you or if you just enjoy trolling. There are some atheists who take the position that no deities exist. I'm not one of those people. There are others who simply don't believe in a deity. I am one of those people. The term can be used interchangeably, but is most often and most accurately used to describe people who simply don't believe. Look at the word itself. A-theism.

Since: Mar 11

Brighton East, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine for a minute, if for every 100 people, 98 were atheist, and every time you dared open your mouth about Jesus you were ridiculed, called evil, and told you should be tortured and killed.
I bet you can't even imagine that.

If that happened to me, I would think maybe there is something about the things I'm believing in that is upsetting one hell of a lot of people, and maybe I should moderate the way I express my thought's. If someone ever thought what I believed in was Evil, I would seriously be wanting to change, and look at how I could have faith in such evil doing's.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The three", remember?
"There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation."
I understand your confusion.
I won't hold it against you.
This is what you said:

There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation.

Straight
Gay
Bi

That's it.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the answer to all of your prayers was always the same, "nothing", then God knew you never truly believed.
You severed all ties with religion at the ripe old age of 16?
And you think you really looked to God?
C'mon...
I was seven years old and uncorrupted, and believed with all my heart, as any seven year old would. We're not talking Damien from "The Omen" here. After all my unsuccessful attempts at any type of contact, to continue would be rather stupid, would it not?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

saidI wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine for a minute, if for every 100 people, 98 were atheist, and every time you dared open your mouth about Jesus you were ridiculed, called evil, and told you should be tortured and killed.
I bet you can't even imagine that.
If that happened to me, I would think maybe there is something about the things I'm believing in that is upsetting one hell of a lot of people, and maybe I should moderate the way I express my thought's. If someone ever thought what I believed in was Evil, I would seriously be wanting to change, and look at how I could have faith in such evil doing's.
Most brilliant logic ever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. We also should probably hold off on telling our kids that racism is wrong. let them figure that one out for themselves.
Racism?!?!?

We weren't talking about racism, dude.

Please don't tell me you think gays are a race...

Please...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, everybody has a bad day once in a while.
It's no reason for a meltdown.
Take a deep breath.
Chill a bit.
I'm sorry! It's a very stressful day. I installed new windows in my house AND there are 6 plumbers here doing a copper repipe.

I feel like a babysitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 582,801 - 582,820 of716,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

575 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min trifecta1 598,753
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Lyndi 171,448
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min dr Shrink 530,011
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 36,398
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min dr Shrink 38,405
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 16 min dr Shrink 32,904
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 16 min Doctor REALITY 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Charlie Sheen 255,699
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min CunningLinguist 223,194
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••