Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#614470 Apr 8, 2013
Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Many want to believe in something better than what we see. However, the thought of giving something up is what really bothers them the most. Then you've got the christians that believe Grace covers all their sin and they can sin all week, confess and start all over again. Many christians are a disgusting display. Instead of showing their hearts they want to convert us to their way of believing and therefore, I completely understand the agnostics of our day.
Peace to you :)
Tehee, with a couple exceptions, I have not seen any people claiming to be real 'saved Christians' on Topix who present themselves here as I would expect to see a Christian acting in my real world (although the internet is pretty well my real world most of the time lately).

Perhaps if all one has to do is accept Christ to be considered a Christian, then they make the mark, but if one has to act as Christ taught people (according to the stories) then they have entirely missed the mark.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#614471 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb ass.
I believe in God, therefore I'm a theist.
An atheist doesn't believe in the existance of ANY gods...
Dumb ass.
I have never met that kind of atheist, introduce me to one.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#614472 Apr 8, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stumbeling around in the dark seeking for a light that you dont want to see, so how can one show you the light?
Try turning it on. Making it visible or audible should help those of us not named Helen Keller.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614473 Apr 8, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Tought so.
Okay !!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#614474 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Really I think it starts with faith. If someone doesn't begin with it, then that person never got out of the starting gate to begin with and no amount of proof will help.
The Jewish people began with faith. For almost 1,900 years, the Jews wandered about the earth and have been persecuted from every side. This escalated in the holocaust of World War II, when six million Jews were put to death in the concentration camps.
How is it that a people that have lost their homeland many times, have been scattered to the four corners of the earth over hundreds of years and still maintain their identity? The Bible proclaimed that the nation would not perish or lose their identity. Yet here they still are. How often after leaving their homeland does a culture lose their identity? In as little as 1-5 generations, the identity is list as they are absorbed into the new culture.
Some would say that the Devine hand if God has guided these people. They have not perished. They have a nation. An entity. And a culture despite many attempts from many nations over many years of attempted destruction.
That's some kind of proof worth looking into.
Al, if the Jews took their religion with them when they were scattered, and we know historically that they were persecuted in most places they went, so they were not as likely to be absorbed into whatever culture existed in their new homelands, and because they still had the teachings, and they had a particularly good reason to get out of wherever they where and go to someplace else at the time of the Holocaust, and many countries, such as the USA and Canada refused them entry, would it not seem logical and planned that they follow what their religion had taught them they would do.

Remember too that only a tiny fraction of all the Jews that have lived during that 1900 years of being scattered around the world actually made it back to the Promised Land.

I am not anti-semitic but I think this was more a taking advantage of an opportuntiy at a time when they had very little other choices, than it was God fulfilling a promise.

I think the treatment of Jews for the past 1900 to 2000 years was horrible, but I don't believe they have any special place in the scheme of things (such as God's Chosen People) other than mythically. Aside from the fact that they were granted that piece of land after WWII, I don't think they had any more rights to it than do the North American Indians to all of North America, or any other people's who were displaced over the course of history.

Can you imagine what it would be like if we could all trace back to where we originated and were driven out of (for those who suffered that fate), and we all returned to our origins and took the land from whoever was living there now?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614475 Apr 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met that kind of atheist, introduce me to one.
It doesn't matter. RR knows what an atheist is, and it doesn't matter what anyone tells him.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614476 Apr 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Al, if the Jews took their religion with them when they were scattered, and we know historically that they were persecuted in most places they went, so they were not as likely to be absorbed into whatever culture existed in their new homelands, and because they still had the teachings, and they had a particularly good reason to get out of wherever they where and go to someplace else at the time of the Holocaust, and many countries, such as the USA and Canada refused them entry, would it not seem logical and planned that they follow what their religion had taught them they would do.
Remember too that only a tiny fraction of all the Jews that have lived during that 1900 years of being scattered around the world actually made it back to the Promised Land.
I am not anti-semitic but I think this was more a taking advantage of an opportuntiy at a time when they had very little other choices, than it was God fulfilling a promise.
I think the treatment of Jews for the past 1900 to 2000 years was horrible, but I don't believe they have any special place in the scheme of things (such as God's Chosen People) other than mythically. Aside from the fact that they were granted that piece of land after WWII, I don't think they had any more rights to it than do the North American Indians to all of North America, or any other people's who were displaced over the course of history.
Can you imagine what it would be like if we could all trace back to where we originated and were driven out of (for those who suffered that fate), and we all returned to our origins and took the land from whoever was living there now?
Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you dare question the jews right to israel, you'll be labeled an antisemite. God says it's theirs.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#614477 Apr 8, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>How?
Mutation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#614478 Apr 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Survival and adaptation. Wow, it sure did seem to have a purpose didn't it ?
No.

Organisms that survive get to pass on their adaptive mutations.

Organisms that either get bad mutations or no adaptive mutations don't survive to pass them on.

Your entitled to your own opinions.

You're not entitled to your own facts.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#614479 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutation.
You are a fraud and have no understanding in mutations.

Mutations are not progressive, dip-chit!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#614480 Apr 8, 2013
Just doing a drive-by to see who's still here. Looks like my pal, AL, Catcher, Mac, and some others I know peripherally ( boots, areobatty).

Did you manage to take the board back from the loons? It had gotten to the point there for a while that I couldn't bear to log and and see the vile and stupidity.

Hope everyone is still fighting the good fight!

Copilot

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614481 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Survival and adaptation to changing environments is driving it.
If survival and adaptation drives evolution, then what drives survival and adaptation? Where did this notion of instintive survival arise from? Nothing?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#614482 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If they were all very specific and the bible had only made 10 prophecies, yes, that would be impressive. But we both know that prophecies are always vague, and that the bible has made far more than 10 prophecies. It's the texas sharpshooter fallacy, except in this scenario the sharpshooter is using a shotgun.
1. Amos 9:14-15 : The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.

2. Ezekiel 37: 10-14 Israel would be brought to life. The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.

3. Isaiah 66: 7-8 Isaiah spoke of Israel being born in one day. During one day, the United States recognized Israel's sovereignty. Just hours before a U.N. mandate expired, ending British control of the land. Within a 24 hours of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence.

4. Ezekiel 37: 21-22 Israel would be re-established as 1 nation.

5. Jeremiah 16: 14-15 The reborn Israel will be more powerful and impressive than the 1st.

There's more. But even if one doesn't believe in the prophesy, its still kind of interesting none the less......

#614483 Apr 8, 2013
Darwin is my Copilot wrote:
Just doing a drive-by to see who's still here. Looks like my pal, AL, Catcher, Mac, and some others I know peripherally ( boots, areobatty).
Did you manage to take the board back from the loons? It had gotten to the point there for a while that I couldn't bear to log and and see the vile and stupidity.
Hope everyone is still fighting the good fight!
Copilot
Hey! Hi!!!!!!:)

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614484 Apr 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
If survival and adaptation drives evolution, then what drives survival and adaptation? Where did this notion of instintive survival arise from? Nothing?
What difference does it make?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#614485 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Hi!!!!!!:)
What's up AL? How is it out your way?

#614486 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you dare question the jews right to israel, you'll be labeled an antisemite. God says it's theirs.
Then no one belongs anywhere? Because that means that any land belongs to those before them, and so forth and so on?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#614487 Apr 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Amos 9:14-15 : The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.
2. Ezekiel 37: 10-14 Israel would be brought to life. The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.
3. Isaiah 66: 7-8 Isaiah spoke of Israel being born in one day. During one day, the United States recognized Israel's sovereignty. Just hours before a U.N. mandate expired, ending British control of the land. Within a 24 hours of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence.
4. Ezekiel 37: 21-22 Israel would be re-established as 1 nation.
5. Jeremiah 16: 14-15 The reborn Israel will be more powerful and impressive than the 1st.
There's more. But even if one doesn't believe in the prophesy, its still kind of interesting none the less......
The Palestinians disagree quite like the North American natives did. Israel just doesn't have enough Reservation space.
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614488 Apr 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
every moral citizen has the obligation to stand against evil
Atheist dont believe in evil do they?

#614489 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you dare question the jews right to israel, you'll be labeled an antisemite. God says it's theirs.
You live happily in a land that the U.S. Government says is yours.....
Are you saying then that its ok because that's where you live comfortably?

I'm just saying.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Rednek 80,121
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 701,570
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 43 min Big Al 448,401
I'm ON BOARD: James Harden for NBA MVP 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why does Draymond Green act like such a BLEEP! ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr Doctor REALITY 44
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 1 hr Doctor REALITY 53