Prove there's a god.
Edward Shaw

Lexington, KY

#614316 Apr 8, 2013
Proof there is a God? Open your eyes. I exist. Would you rather believe that marvelous complexity of the human rose from the slime? The sheer magnificence of all creation would seem to require a divine architect. I believe in science laws that tell me you can't create something from nothing; that order falls into chaos rather than the opposite. And, most important .. I have asked, and received .. and I continue to exist. How does science explain love, melancholy, happiness, anger, or just plain greed? Yup .. something divine going on.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#614317 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb ass.
I believe in God, therefore I'm a theist.
An atheist doesn't believe in the existance of ANY gods...
Dumb ass.
Betcha he thinks he's a genius too? ;)
razzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

#614318 Apr 8, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch... ……
NoBody Can hes Dead as a Himan can get

Location hidden

#614319 Apr 8, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
We're getting faster and faster as we approach the massive black hole in the middle of our galaxy!
No, we aren't.

http://lcogt.net/education/article/milky-way-...

Read the section titled "Motion". You have no excuse not to.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#614320 Apr 8, 2013
DocParty wrote:
Just look around and try to answer how did this all come about?
It has been said that it's as likely for this world and we humans to 'just happened to come into existence' as it would for a tornado to pass through an automotive junkyard and upon it's leaving the junkyard it had assembled a fully fueled ready to fly 757.
Now we can disagree on how many millions or billions of trillions of times it would take for this to happen, even if it could (and it couldn't because there are not the components in an automotive junkyard to make an airplane).
So it's really on faith you accept a creator, a divinity, something better than we are.
You don't really have to. You can ignore the possibility of a creator and risk being wrong. We have a good idea what will befall you at that point don't we?
Or you can believe there is 'something''someone' that did in fact create us. If you are right, you'll be rewarded for believing. If you are wrong, what's the hurt? You lived a better life here on earth. It's a win win to believe and a lose lose if you don't and there is a creator.
Doc
Hello DocParty

A very thought provoking post, Thank You. Hope you will be sharing more as it could hurt no one to hear a few more opinions on which they seem so firm in believing.

If GOD is man made then we will know, but as I said ... it hasn't hurt me to try and live a Godly life to my best abilities. Some of us out here have no doubt because of real experiences we've lived that were super natural.

Peace

Location hidden

#614321 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably why my head is spinning.
It is amazing that we can stand up considering how fast we are rotating and then I think about how fast the Earth is going around the sun, the speed we're hitting as a solar system floating around the galaxy and lastly the speed the galaxy is going as it is pulled to the Great Attractor. It's mind boggling, not to be pondered while buzzed. ;)

Location hidden

#614322 Apr 8, 2013
razzaz wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7k9 SoLcRmw8 ……
NoBody Can hes Dead as a Himan can get
Leave hymens out of this.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614323 Apr 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Betcha he thinks he's a genius too? ;)
Maybe a stoned philosopher....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#614324 Apr 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is amazing that we can stand up considering how fast we are rotating and then I think about how fast the Earth is going around the sun, the speed we're hitting as a solar system floating around the galaxy and lastly the speed the galaxy is going as it is pulled to the Great Attractor. It's mind boggling, not to be pondered while buzzed. ;)
Nah. I only think of one thing whilst buzzed...

Getting, uh......paid.

:)

Location hidden

#614325 Apr 8, 2013
Edward Shaw wrote:
Proof there is a God? Open your eyes. I exist. Would you rather believe that marvelous complexity of the human rose from the slime? The sheer magnificence of all creation would seem to require a divine architect. I believe in science laws that tell me you can't create something from nothing; that order falls into chaos rather than the opposite. And, most important .. I have asked, and received .. and I continue to exist. How does science explain love, melancholy, happiness, anger, or just plain greed? Yup .. something divine going on.
The universe is ordered. You see chaos? I see order.

Location hidden

#614326 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a stoned philosopher....
Prolly.:)

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#614327 Apr 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical apologist crap, staying vague and refusing to commit to a position.
Hey, U really claim to have the TRUTH about everything to the point that U think that anyone else that opposes your opinion must be dumb. When presented with questions that even scientist ponder about, U take offense and reply with a condescending post that is meant to insult one's intelligience. Science has not solved every enigma concerning the world and universe and most info of origin that scientists have can change at any day with new discoveries. By the way answer this since U feel that U're somehow insulted with questions that U think have already been outright proven, where did the information in the DNA originate? When did this info begin to come into it's own intelligience?

Location hidden

#614328 Apr 8, 2013
Edward Shaw wrote:
There is order in every tiny particle in the universe.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_phys... ;

Without order, this universe would not exist.

Only those who adore chaos preach it. Love is blind.

Location hidden

#614329 Apr 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, U really claim to have the TRUTH about everything to the point that U think that anyone else that opposes your opinion must be dumb. When presented with questions that even scientist ponder about, U take offense and reply with a condescending post that is meant to insult one's intelligience. Science has not solved every enigma concerning the world and universe and most info of origin that scientists have can change at any day with new discoveries. By the way answer this since U feel that U're somehow insulted with questions that U think have already been outright proven, where did the information in the DNA originate? When did this info begin to come into it's own intelligience?
He follows a script. ;)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#614330 Apr 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i think it's VERY important not to dis-associate homosexual activity with homosexuality cuz it is what it does;)
Um....riiiiiiiight.

That must be why you so often bring up lesbian sex.

And by "so often" I mean "never"

Tell us again how you're not obsessed with gay men having sex?

Location hidden

#614331 Apr 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
nope - i'm also addressing the stupid people who've been sucked into appeasin this coveteous & lustful agenda.
i particuallry laugh at some of our local campaigns. there's this one with a guy wearing a fire dept shirt (as if that's suposed to mean he's extra manly) with wife talking about how they used to be against gay marriage, but now that their son is taking it up the toxic waste outlet, they're not against it anymore and neither should anyone else be now either! LOL!!!
I have seen that happen so many times. Talk about losers. All of a sudden their kid does it and they change their morals to please the kid instead of growing a backbone. Hypocrites. Lazy, mostly. Like I'd let lazy, crappy parents define morality for me? Puhleeze. If he wanted to screw the family dog they'd prolly just shudder, wink, and say, "Let's let this one slide too.", honey.

Tehee Candor

A Time to be candid.

#614332 Apr 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your comments. However, I do not 'want' to believe at this moment in my life. Since I came to the understanding that I have now, I have not wanted to believe again. Maybe that seems irrational, but to want to believe would indicate that I am sort of on the fence.
I will admit that I can't prove that no god exists, nor can anyone else, but I am very comfortable in thinking that what people do believe about gods is not true, and I do beleive that man created the ideas of gods and built the various religions around those imagined gods.
I think I understand some of the reasoning that people had many years ago for creating these gods, because there would have been so much, that we take for granted today, because we do understand, that in those days they would have no way of knowing about, and so believing that some invisible entity was doing all the things they didn't understand provided them with something.
The problem with these religions is that they became means of cruelty to other human beings, or excuses for cruelty.
Booots, I've struggled in this life time beyond what many will. I've cursed God throughout the years and I also asked for forgiveness occasionally when I had nothing else and simply tried again.

Some of us will experience something so unusual and there can only be one explaination. Karma and coinsidence doesn't work for me to explain much.

I understand your frustrations as I've never had more difficulties as I have trying to relate to christians. As I pointed out earlier to someone ... A TRUE BELIEVER will do it different, but that doesn't mean they won't still make mistakes with others. Communication doesn't come easy amongst the churches.

I've often said I would like to get six pastors, priests or whatever together and see how much they would agree upon. I doubt it would be much. Peace to you regardless of your beliefs.

Location hidden

#614333 Apr 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....riiiiiiiight.
That must be why you so often bring up lesbian sex.
And by "so often" I mean "never"
Tell us again how you're not obsessed with gay men having sex?
Most straight men find gay men more offensive than they do women because the women aren't as likely to roofy them. Most straight women find gay men more offensive too because we fear for the safety of our male children. I'm not afraid of a woman being too aggressive. I can take care of most of that creepy activity with a sneer or a "Don't go there." look, and they roll their tongue back in. Women aren't looking to get their faces scratched just for sex. Gay men are considered more dangerous than women. We've all heard of men raping other men or boys. It's not all done in the confines of prison.

Tehee Candor

A Time to be candid.

#614334 Apr 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i did go 7 years. again, not patting myself on back or suggesting that others should do the same, but i am testifying to the grace of God:)
Hello, I've spent the majority of my life celibate. I aways believed I would have made a very good Christian had I gotten married. I also believe it was because I chose to live in sin instead of waiting on the Lord.

Many so called christians think it's okay to live together before marriage and also believe it's okay to marry multiple times when it doesn't work out. So much talk about sex, but I think in the beginning it was to procreate. Now how sad is that? So much talk about the gay side of it. If God had create Adam and Steve, do you think we would be here discussing this today?:)
Peace

Location hidden

#614335 Apr 8, 2013
Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, I've struggled in this life time beyond what many will. I've cursed God throughout the years and I also asked for forgiveness occasionally when I had nothing else and simply tried again.
Some of us will experience something so unusual and there can only be one explaination. Karma and coinsidence doesn't work for me to explain much.
I understand your frustrations as I've never had more difficulties as I have trying to relate to christians. As I pointed out earlier to someone ... A TRUE BELIEVER will do it different, but that doesn't mean they won't still make mistakes with others. Communication doesn't come easy amongst the churches.
I've often said I would like to get six pastors, priests or whatever together and see how much they would agree upon. I doubt it would be much. Peace to you regardless of your beliefs.
Boooots thinks somebody wants to convert him "into" something.
xD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 min andet1987 2,044
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Atheist Buster 48,600
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min New Age Spiritual... 646,589
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min Everybody Must Ge... 105,586
Prepare To Meet Thy God 55 min Oh No You Di-nt 3
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lil whispers 3,681
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Voyeur 38,752
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,682
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr here 281,251
More from around the web