Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#614219 Apr 7, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not obligated to prove God to you,, if you choose to believe not then thats fine with me.
C;early there is no belief in "not". Better said ,
I choose not to "believe".
It's your belief not mine.:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#614220 Apr 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The disapproval you get from mommy and daddy is not a pervasive type of oppression that you try to make of it. People, in general, are not giving all atheists a hard time about not believing but you want to give the impression that they are. The majority of people do not run around giving a chyt whether some guy walking down the street is Christian or not.
I'm only hostile to people who openly provoke me for no reason. Nobody but your family is likely to suggest you be religious. The rest of us do not care. Strangers don't bug strangers about their beliefs. Try again, loser.
I have never once "openly provoked you for no reason," and yet I have gotten nothing but hostility from you. I never even acknowledge you because you never really say anything of substance, yet sometimes you direct an insult to me out of the blue, which then prompts me to respond to you. Still, I have never been truly nasty or offensive towards you. It seems anyone who holds different views than you is liable to be subject to your ire. You're just an unpleasant person. Moving on.

You are twisting my words. I stated specifically that, in general, there exists no overt oppression of atheism in this country (except for, you know, when prominent politicians, celebrities, or media figures demonize us). Most of it is under the surface, and again, while I wouldn't call it oppression in the strictest sense, there is a certain amount of pressure exerted on atheists. Why do you think politicians feel the need to publicly proclaim their love of sky daddy? Because if they didn't, they would be crucified on the media's altar of righteous indignation. How dare he think he can lead us when he doesn't pray to the same god, right? Many people in this country bristle at the thought of having a president that isn't a christian, let alone an atheist. What kind of message do you think that sends?

Location hidden

#614221 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrective footwear is recommended, for any who would choose a Higher Arch.
But wouldn't that interfere with the will of the Soley One? Perhaps the flat footed ones have a purpose, albeit a lesser one than the chosen people of the arch.

Location hidden

#614222 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
Evolution cannot explain the sudden explosion of new life forms that appeared some 530 million years ago.
The abundant new higher life forms that came into existence with a higher level of biological complexity than previous life forms required all sorts of new proteins and corresponding genes in a relatively short time span.
It is hard to imagine how a complete new species develops from it's predecessors since it requires an abundant amount of coherent spontaneous mutations taking place all at the same time to create all new features of a new species.
It is also hard to conceive that nature was able to create such biological complex systems such as the eye by merely tinkering about a bit with the codons of the DNA molecule.
It is also hard to believe that you post tired, oft-debunked arguments from creationist websites and expect people to take you seriously.

Location hidden

#614223 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
Evolution is obvious, no doubt about it.
It's just that something is driving evolution.
I believe genetic information is stored in morphic fields in the fabric of space and time.
Damn. Now that you put it that way. LOL

Location hidden

#614224 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
All biological systems such as organs, the immune system and the senses are far too complex to have come into existence by mere chance alone.
If these complex biological systems did gradually develop over many prototypes than where are the fossil records?
Many new biological functions such as eye sight for example were spontaneous creative inventions in the evolutionary process. When more fossils were found in the quest to find the missing links in the fossil records,paradoxically more evidence was being collected that evolution took place in quantum leaps of species, such as from invertebrates to vertebrates.
Your mom was a spontaneous creative invention in my evolutionary process, if you know what I mean (I mean I'm your grandaddy. Stop acting up, boy).
nurface

Somerset, KY

#614225 Apr 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> C;early there is no belief in "not". Better said ,
I choose not to "believe".
It's your belief not mine.:)
Agree, thank you for the correction..

All though (C;early) is not a word.

:>

Location hidden

#614226 Apr 7, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, thank you for the correction..
All though (C;early) is not a word.
:>
Although "all though" is not the proper spelling. TYPO NINJA

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#614227 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
But wouldn't that interfere with the will of the Soley One? Perhaps the flat footed ones have a purpose, albeit a lesser one than the chosen people of the arch.
"The truth is afoot, sayeth the Lowered."
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#614228 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It is also hard to believe that you post tired, oft-debunked arguments from creationist websites and expect people to take you seriously.
Debunk away. Go for it !!
Greens - tuf

Vaucluse, Australia

#614229 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Your mom was a spontaneous creative invention in my evolutionary process, if you know what I mean (I mean I'm your grandaddy. Stop acting up, boy).
No not really. What did happen was that you evolved into a useless tool.
The gene pool was there for you to utilize, but your silly little ego thought twice about evolving into a decent human being so ignored what it could truly become.

Location hidden

#614230 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Debunk away. Go for it !!
It's really not worth my time. It's like a child demanding that I prove to him that the ninja turtles aren't real. Pointless, redundant, and I would feel like a bully.

Location hidden

#614231 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> No not really. What did happen was that you evolved into a useless tool.
The gene pool was there for you to utilize, but your silly little ego thought twice about evolving into a decent human being so ignored what it could truly become.
Calm down there buddy. I was making a joke. And what's this? A evolution denier using the phrase gene pool? Evolve?
Greens - tuf

Vaucluse, Australia

#614232 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down there buddy. I was making a joke. And what's this? A evolution denier using the phrase gene pool? Evolve?
Umm, go back over them. I did say evolution is obvious.
But something is driving it, something intelligent.
Greens - tuf

Vaucluse, Australia

#614233 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's really not worth my time. It's like a child demanding that I prove to him that the ninja turtles aren't real. Pointless, redundant, and I would feel like a bully.
Come on, go for it.
Greens - tuf

Vaucluse, Australia

#614234 Apr 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have never once "openly provoked you for no reason," and yet I have gotten nothing but hostility from you. I never even acknowledge you because you never really say anything of substance, yet sometimes you direct an insult to me out of the blue, which then prompts me to respond to you. Still, I have never been truly nasty or offensive towards you. It seems anyone who holds different views than you is liable to be subject to your ire. You're just an unpleasant person. Moving on.
You are twisting my words. I stated specifically that, in general, there exists no overt oppression of atheism in this country (except for, you know, when prominent politicians, celebrities, or media figures demonize us). Most of it is under the surface, and again, while I wouldn't call it oppression in the strictest sense, there is a certain amount of pressure exerted on atheists. Why do you think politicians feel the need to publicly proclaim their love of sky daddy? Because if they didn't, they would be crucified on the media's altar of righteous indignation. How dare he think he can lead us when he doesn't pray to the same god, right? Many people in this country bristle at the thought of having a president that isn't a christian, let alone an atheist. What kind of message do you think that sends?
Australia's leader is a vocal atheist, and against same sex marriage to boot.

Location hidden

#614235 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Australia's leader is a vocal atheist, and against same sex marriage to boot.
We were talking US culture. I knew that, not the marriage thing though.

Location hidden

#614236 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, go back over them. I did say evolution is obvious.
After making clear you don't understand it - making the claim that for one species to evolve into a new one all necessary mutations must arise at the same time.

Location hidden

#614237 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
So your god is behind the emergence of total drug resistant tuberculosis? He's behind the scenes, modifying it's genes to make it an even deadlier killer? Why does this intelligent being want to kill even more people than he usually does?
Do you have any evidence for this assertion? Evolution is a robust theory that is well supported - but like all things, it is not perfect. Finding the little holes in the TOE does not constitute proof for your assertion - you have to make it stand on it's own. And you can't do that. The best apologists have tried and they have all failed.

Location hidden

#614238 Apr 7, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Come on, go for it.
Like I said, no point. Your assertions are asinine to the point of absurdity. The research is out there for you to read yourself, and the "argument" has long been over. We might as well be debating whether germs or demons cause disease.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 670,462
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min New Age Spiritual... 100,875
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 184,298
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr RiversideRedneck 445,661
News Obama Dozed - People Froze AKA Obama's Katrina (Feb '09) 4 hr Jaydon 2,068
AT&T is run by a bunch of crooks who should be ... (Dec '14) 5 hr ATT and Verizon S... 8
the first lies ever told 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web