Prove there's a god.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#613959 Apr 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine for a minute, if for every 100 people, 98 were atheist, and every time you dared open your mouth about Jesus you were ridiculed, called evil, and told you should be tortured and killed.
I bet you can't even imagine that.

If that happened to me, I would think maybe there is something about the things I'm believing in that is upsetting one hell of a lot of people, and maybe I should moderate the way I express my thought's. If someone ever thought what I believed in was Evil, I would seriously be wanting to change, and look at how I could have faith in such evil doing's.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613960 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The three", remember?
"There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation."
I understand your confusion.
I won't hold it against you.
This is what you said:

There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation.

Straight
Gay
Bi

That's it.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#613961 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the answer to all of your prayers was always the same, "nothing", then God knew you never truly believed.
You severed all ties with religion at the ripe old age of 16?
And you think you really looked to God?
C'mon...
I was seven years old and uncorrupted, and believed with all my heart, as any seven year old would. We're not talking Damien from "The Omen" here. After all my unsuccessful attempts at any type of contact, to continue would be rather stupid, would it not?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613962 Apr 6, 2013
saidI wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine for a minute, if for every 100 people, 98 were atheist, and every time you dared open your mouth about Jesus you were ridiculed, called evil, and told you should be tortured and killed.
If that happened to me, I would think maybe there is something about the things I'm believing in that is upsetting one hell of a lot of people, and maybe I should moderate the way I express my thought's. If someone ever thought what I believed in was Evil, I would seriously be wanting to change, and look at how I could have faith in such evil doing's.
Most brilliant logic ever.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613964 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. We also should probably hold off on telling our kids that racism is wrong. let them figure that one out for themselves.
Racism?!?!?

We weren't talking about racism, dude.

Please don't tell me you think gays are a race...

Please...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613965 Apr 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, everybody has a bad day once in a while.
It's no reason for a meltdown.
Take a deep breath.
Chill a bit.
I'm sorry! It's a very stressful day. I installed new windows in my house AND there are 6 plumbers here doing a copper repipe.

I feel like a babysitter.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613966 Apr 6, 2013
saidI wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

You realize, of course, that in the actual situation, the Christians are the ones doing the condemning.

For something as simple as saying "I don't believe that."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613967 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesusmotherfuckingchri st. I really don't know if you forget how many times someone has explained this to you or if you just enjoy trolling. There are some atheists who take the position that no deities exist. I'm not one of those people. There are others who simply don't believe in a deity. I am one of those people. The term can be used interchangeably, but is most often and most accurately used to describe people who simply don't believe. Look at the word itself. A-theism.
Stop telling, timn.

And stop trying to redefine words to fit your characteristics.

An atheist is a person that holds NO belief in any deity or deities.

Period.

If you ***^^^may^^^*** think there's a god out there, you aren't an atheist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613968 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>By my writing "prove my belief", I'm admitting that it's a belief....

'_'
But you know.

You've said repeatedly that you KNOW.

Which is it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613969 Apr 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>This is what you said:
There's the three basic types of sexual preference and/or orientation.
Straight
Gay
Bi
That's it.
Holyfuckingshitballsman!!

Basic

BASIC

Meaning not all, not complex.

...in the simplest terms.

It's like saying there are BASICALLY three body types.

Thin
Medium
Heavy

That's it.

Ugh...

That doesn't mean OR imply that there are ONLY three body types, just that those are the three basic types.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613970 Apr 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I was seven years old and uncorrupted, and believed with all my heart, as any seven year old would. We're not talking Damien from "The Omen" here. After all my unsuccessful attempts at any type of contact, to continue would be rather stupid, would it not?
You talk about your faith in God as a 7 year old would about his faith in Santa Claus.

You didn't even try.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613971 Apr 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize, of course, that in the actual situation, the Christians are the ones doing the condemning.
For something as simple as saying "I don't believe that."
Have Christians condemned you?

Just for not believing?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613972 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>They also call each other "stupidhead", "dumbbutt", etc.

They don't know what they're doing. They're kids.
They need to learn what they're doing.

It's no longer just kids being kids.

Surely SOMETHING in the news has made you aware of that.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#613973 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about your faith in God as a 7 year old would about his faith in Santa Claus.
You didn't even try.
“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613974 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Have Christians condemned you?

Just for not believing?
Yes.
konnon

Pittsburgh, PA

#613975 Apr 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Rude & Crude
God Is Dead Man
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#613976 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have Christians condemned you?
Just for not believing?
Let it be known you're an atheist at a PTA meeting and check your status in the neighborhood a few weeks after.
nurface

London, KY

#613977 Apr 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you're actually referring to an outfit called the "Westboro Baptist Church".
NOT atheists.
Seems to me you are a LIAR!

And the head of your alls Evil cult is David Silverman, who is wanting the cross removed from the 9/11 museum as well..

The Freedom from Religion Foundation, an atheist group headquartered in Wisconsin, is demanding that city leaders in one Oregon community remove a Vietnam War memorial that is topped by a Christian cross.

“We have no objection to the veterans’ memorials,” said FFRF attorney Rebecca Markert, in a letter to Coos Bay City Manager Rodger Craddock, as quoted in Fox News.“Our objection is to the message of endorsement of Christianity over other religions and non-religions.”

The memorial has stood for 41 years, Fox News reports. It’s been prominently displayed in Mingus Park since 1972. City officials say a handful of people have complained over the years. But the threat of legal action from FFRF is pushing the local government to schedule a meeting on the matter and consider their options.

“This is an outrageous assault on the veterans who served in Vietnam,” said Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, in Fox News.“Why must these activist groups’ culture war spill over onto the veterans and their memorials? All they ever did was serve our country and provide the very freedom these activist groups claim as their own.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613978 Apr 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to learn what they're doing.
It's no longer just kids being kids.
Surely SOMETHING in the news has made you aware of that.
What is not childish when a child acts like a child?

Kids are kids are kids. Just like they've always been.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613979 Apr 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
"A fool says in his heart 'there is no God'"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min USA Born 599,523
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 59 min andet1987 6,293
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Junket 221,987
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,490
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Mr Wiggley 1,961
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr janeebee 6,422
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 3 hr Burke Devlin 151
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web