“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613411 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's a monumental stretch to avoid ridicule.

That guy you know of isn't gay, he's bi.
The ridicule has been monumental.

Even fatal.

Because of ignorant people like you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613412 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Right.

You're the ones trying to play with definitions.

It's really simple:

Straight: Attraction to opposite sex.
Gay: Attraction to same sex.
Bi: Attraction to both sexes.

That's it. Period. You don't get to change them around. Maybe that guy you were talking about used to live a straight lifestyle, now he's living a gay lifestyle. But he's had personal relationships with both sexes, that makes him bisexual, not gay.

What's the big deal with that? Do you think bis are lower than gays or something?
Do you think any woman has never married a man she wasn't attracted to?

Like maybe for money?

Nooooo.

THAT'S never happened.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#613413 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, she got married because she knew how her father felt and she was afraid of him.
Grown women don't marry because they are afraid of their fathers, she probably did it to ensure her inheritance of assets. Greed is a real motivator.

We've all heard of parents who threaten to disinherit their kids' heads to try to control them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613414 Apr 4, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>About a year or so ago I posted that this guy came in to my church as a guest speaker talking about how he used to be gay but now that his sins were gone he was straight. The 4000 or so in the congregation cheered and clapped as he made a big deal about it and his wife and kids met him onstage. At the time I didn't clap, I didn't cheer. I didn't join in with my "brethren" regarding this guy's cure. I observed him and to me this guy still appeared gay. He still swished when he walked, his mannerisms were still feminine and quite frankly still acted and talked like many gays I know.(I have many friends that are gay and we always kid each other all the time so don't get all bent out of shape)
I remember looking at him and his smoking hot wife, his beautiful children and thinking, dude....." I don't believe you. You're lying to yourself and these people and your wife....."
I don't condone or condemn homosexuality, but for heavens sakes, just tell the damn truth.
I thought about the emotional distress this poor bastard was going through. With him Knowing that he was gay but yet trying to fit into what he saw as a "normal" society. Pretending to be "cured" to have a heterosexual relationship.

Parading his family in front of these unknown faces like some dog and pony show.

I prayed for him that evening. Not to be cured of his gayness, but for his emotional well being. The courage to defend his family against his emptiness of feeling like he didnt fully belong in any of those two societies.

I think of this guy often. I've forgotten his name but not his face, or his wife, or his children. I
Sincerely hope that he has been able to find peace in who he is.
Not to mention his wife.

It becomes apparent at some point.

Good post.
nurface

Manchester, KY

#613415 Apr 4, 2013
Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation.
Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.
Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, scientists aren't even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?
The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?
Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?
People of every race, creed, color, and culture, both men and women, young and old, wise and foolish, from the educated to the ignorant, claim to have personally experienced something of the supernatural. So what are we supposed to do with these prodigious accounts of divine healing, prophetic revelation, answered prayer, and other miraculous phenomena? Ignorance and imagination may have played a part to be sure, but is there something more?

NOT MY WORDS FROM THE ABOVE POST'S..________

Its all about Faith, and Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen.. God has dealt ''every man'' a measure of Faith. God will be real in your life when you seek him with your whole heart. Until then, you will remain blind to who God is in this life, but one day every one will be made a believer that is ''absolute truth''.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613416 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grown women don't marry because they are afraid of their fathers, she probably did it to ensure her inheritance of assets. Greed is a real motivator.

We've all heard of parents who threaten to disinherit their kids' heads to try to control them.
Oh gee.

Thanks.

I wasn't aware that you knew my family better than I did.

May I come to you for more insight into the people I grew up with?

Please?

Location hidden

#613417 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
One could have like the opposite sex, and then realize they don't through actions.
Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it not true.
You get to believe what you wnat, as do I, and if we can't agree....
- we'll agree to disagree.
Thanks for responding.
Rewrite this *without* the double negative.

Location hidden

#613418 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grown women don't marry because they are afraid of their fathers, she probably did it to ensure her inheritance of assets. Greed is a real motivator.
Aw crap, I missed deleting "heads" when I was backspacing.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#613419 Apr 4, 2013
Who is God. Never heard of him. Was he on Big Brother?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613420 Apr 4, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm,, so if you ''were to feel God''(subject being God) that would mean God is real...?
So how can you say that doesnt mean that he exist?? im cornfused on that...js
That would be saying the same as being outside and say if i were to ''feel cold'',, does that make coldness not exist??
No. Just no.

Location hidden

#613421 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee.
Thanks.
I wasn't aware that you knew my family better than I did.
May I come to you for more insight into the people I grew up with?
Please?
Grown women don't let their dads tell them whether to marry or not. Pussydom must be heritable in your family. Aren't you the fluffball that claimed he couldn't tell his family he was an atheist? Geez, even kids have the nerve to tell their parents where to shove church.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#613422 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do.
It means with god, all things are possible.
But since rational people know that all things are not possible, making that a false statement, I'm sure you have SOME way to twist the meaning to suit your beliefs.
That statement was in response to a young rich man asking Jesus who could be saved. The response is intended to mean not just the salvation of rich men, salvation in general. Man cannot save himself nor his fellow. God only can save him. It simply means that God through his grace will make way for us when there is no other way.

Location hidden

#613423 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think any woman has never married a man she wasn't attracted to?
Like maybe for money?
Nooooo.
THAT'S never happened.
Maybe that was your grandniece's agenda; get a rich husband, get dad off her back and ensure an inheritance and screw around on the side. Sounds like a real gem.

#613424 Apr 4, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That statement was in response to a young rich man asking Jesus who could be saved. The response is intended to mean not just the salvation of rich men, salvation in general. Man cannot save himself nor his fellow. God only can save him. It simply means that God through his grace will make way for us when there is no other way.
Crap! I re read my post and it doesn't even make sense to me! Lol!
Basically it referred to salvation of a person not being possible by other people but by God alone.
Jesus's statement for the guy had many different points. It talked about salvation. Love of worldly possessions. And being humble. There was a lot said there in just a few sentences.

#613425 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grown women don't let their dads tell them whether to marry or not. Pussydom must be heritable in your family. Aren't you the fluffball that claimed he couldn't tell his family he was an atheist? Geez, even kids have the nerve to tell their parents where to shove church.
Is Pussydom even a word????? Ahahaha!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#613426 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grown women don't let their dads tell them whether to marry or not. Pussydom must be heritable in your family. Aren't you the fluffball that claimed he couldn't tell his family he was an atheist? Geez, even kids have the nerve to tell their parents where to shove church.
Yeah.

You're right, as always.

I'm sure as my very catholic mother is virtually praying for death, with her pictures of jesus and mary and the last supper all around her, it would comfort her greatly for me to tell her I don't believe in her vision of the afterlife.

And the rest of my extended family, who make it apparent that they are firm believers, yet who still enjoy my company and I theirs, would love me just the same if I told them how much I detest their religion.

Because religious people are just so reasonable about that kind of thing.

Just like you.
nurface

Manchester, KY

#613428 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Just no.
Yes! but yes.. I understand though,if thats all u can say..

#613429 Apr 4, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Pussydom even a word????? Ahahaha!
Sorry Aero...... That word was just funny at the time......:/
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#613430 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An, the Ohio state motto....
I bet you don't even know what it means...
It sure as hell ain't workin' for Ohio...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#613431 Apr 4, 2013
nurface wrote:
Does God Exist - A Philosophical Issue
Before we ask the question "Does God exist?" we first have to deal with our philosophical predispositions. If, for example, I am already dedicated to the philosophical idea that nothing can exist outside of the natural realm (i.e. there can be no supernatural God), no amount of evidence could convince me otherwise. Asking the question "does God exist?" would be pointless. My answer would be "No, He doesn't," regardless of whether God truly exists or not. The question would be impossible to answer from an evidentiary standpoint simply because anything which God might have done (that is, any supernatural act which might serve as evidence for His existence) would have to be explained away in terms of natural causes, not because we know what those natural causes could possibly be, but simply because a supernatural God is not allowed to exist!
Dr. Richard Lewontin, the Alexander Agassiz Professor of Zoology at Harvard University, put it like this: "It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door" (Richard Lewontin, "Billions and Billions of Demons," New York Review of Books, January 9, 1997, p. 28).
If, on the other hand, I were neutral, and didn't already have an "a priori adherence" to a particular worldview (be it naturalistic or otherwise), the question "does God really exist?" wouldn't be pointless at all. Rather, it would be the first step in an objective and meaningful search for ultimate truth. Our willingness to ask the question with an open mind is fundamental to our ability to discover the truth behind the answer. So first of all, before you even ask the question, decide whether or not you're really willing to accept the answer.
continued;
Does this mean you also nullify theories like "M", "String", etc?

As for - "no amount of evidence could convince me otherwise" - I agree, one needs to actually experience the supernatural for themselves in order to really encapsulate a new journey.

Thanks for posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min ChromiuMan 5,460
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min KayMarie 548,611
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 17 min dtong 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min ChristineM 229,976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min who 261,661
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 37 min flack 40
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min New Age Spiritual... 602,172
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 3 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE