Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613358 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But having an aversion to something is akin to not liking something.
Again- with your attempt at moronic analogies- trying to compare not liking wine to putting down an entire country and its people and a country you have never even BEEN to.
I assume you don't like wine because you have TRIED it.
But considering you have never been to Canada and most likely have never even met even ONE Canadian in real life, you show just what a xenophobe you truly are.
And you're pretty DUMB for one who is a TOTAL dumb ass and SO dumb that you actually think you are clever, witty and smart.
You are NONE of the above, RR. Again, you have created your OWN reality by thinking you are clever, witty and smart.
LMAO!

There goes that OCB assumption again...

You think I've never met "ONE Canadian in real life"?!?

Your whole post is bullshit and based off of false assumptions.

Ever hear of asking rather than assuming?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613359 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I won't change your mind on it.
You put down an entire country and its citizens based on nothing more than your American chauvinism and your IGNORANCE.
More assumptions.

You're so predictable.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613360 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
That's like saying if one looks for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow they will find it.
There is no more evidence of the existence of any god than there is of any pot of gold at the end of any rainbow.
Seriously?

It's unlikely that anyone would ever admit to finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

However, billions of people have reported to have found God.

Go figure.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613361 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously it's a different scenario. The point is that people, when pressured to fit in, will sometimes fake it simply so they don't make any waves.
Okay, duder.

"Faking" a straight relationship (love, marriage, sex, kids, family vacations, home owning, yard work, laughs, kisses, live notes, etc, etc, etc) when one is supposedly gay is a pretty big attempt at fitting in....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613362 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
Ya, probably. But that's a different scenario altogether.
One pretending to be Christian is pretty simple.
One pretending in a gay relationship (when they're not gay) is pretty damn impossible.
I thought that with god, all things were possible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613363 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so bass/ackwards?
While what you say is NOT "impossible", it is highly IMPROBABLE that a straight person would pretend to be gay.
What is only not impossible and not really improbable either is a GAY person pretending to be STRAIGHT for many reasons and I posted some of those reasons to you yesterday.
Sigh....but again, RR- based on the reality you have created for YOURSELF, you have stated that a person who is truly gay would never be in a sexual relationship with a member of the opposite sex.
Of course, that IS only YOUR reality, since THE reality is that countless gay people have done that all throughout history- and not because they wanted to, but because they felt they HAD to in order to not be rejected, scorned or hated by family members, friends, co-workers and society as a whole.
Please learn to read I context and in detail.

I did write "pretty damn impossible".....

Implying that it's not exactly impossible, just pretty damn impossible....

Again, it is my assertion that if a person is truly gay, they cannot have any kind of hetero relationship.

Vice versa, a straight person cannot have any kind of gay relationship.

Either one absolutely negates the possibility of being gay or straight. Actually, it makes that person bisexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613364 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, duder.
"Faking" a straight relationship (love, marriage, sex, kids, family vacations, home owning, yard work, laughs, kisses, live notes, etc, etc, etc) when one is supposedly gay is a pretty big attempt at fitting in....
Do you honestly believe it's never been done?

I have a first cousin whose daughter did just that.

Kid and all.

When she finally came out and got divorced, her father, my cousin, good catholic that he is, disowned her.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613365 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Know what? That was a logical progression, not a blanket statement. I'm not sure what you're asking me.
I will try to rephrase my overall point. That we feel emotions is sufficient proof that emotions exist. That some people feel god is not sufficient proof that he exists. It is only proof that some people feel god. That's as simple as I can make it.
Why not?

Not everyone feels the same emotions. Some people are incapable of emotional stimuli. Does that mean emotions aren't real, because not everyone feels them or feels them the same way?

Nope.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613366 Apr 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on the wrong thread.
This is the, "Prove there's a god", thread.
Now you know.
So do it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613367 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wtf? RR's mantra: "When all else fails, repeat your failed premise."
You are mystifying emotions past the point of absurdity. Love is not some magical force. That we feel emotions is enough to prove their existence.
Oh purrrrfect.....

That I feel God is enough to prove His existence.

Thanks, Tim!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613368 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What part of the word "NO" in response to your demands do you not get??
Also, your analogy that you have driven into the ground is a STUPID analogy and therefore not worthy of my consideration as it's really no analogy at all.
And- this thread IS about proving there's a god; it is NOT about proving one's emotions or that I love my man.
Regardless, I have no need, reason or desire to prove my emotions to you- unlike you, who obviously has very much of a need, reason and desire to prove to everyone here that your god is real.
So..........wait for it....wait for it....)
PROVE IT already!!!
If you can't- and of course, you can't- stop saying that you KNOW your god is real.
You do NOT know that if you can't PROVE that.
Maybe in the reality you have created for yourself you know that, but YOUR reality of something or a situation is in no way THE reality of something or a situation.
No.....you just expect everyone to take your word for it that there is a god despite your inability to PROVE it.
And I don't CARE if you take MY word or not that I love my man; it's irrelevant to me, yet it's obviously not at all irrelevant to you if people believe you or not that you "KNOW" there is a god.
STOP already, RR- you're only making yourself look more foolish than the majority of people here already know you to be.
HA HA HA !!!!

OCB: "It's stupid! It's stupid! IT'S STUPID! I don't have to prove it, you just have to take my word for it!!"

*stomps foot*

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#613369 Apr 4, 2013
@GREENSTUF wrote[quotedtext]

It sure is an illusion, I say this because there is no dualism, no distinction between a material and immaterial thing. It's all energy since energy is all there is. Matter is not a fundamental property of the Universe. If we are "real" than you are implying that atoms are "real". So how did "God" make something out of nothing? All he has to work with is a sea of super intelligent energy. He could manifest and create forms with his sea of energy through vibration . The vibrations could take on geometrical patterns. While there can be an infinite amount of form there will be absolutely no substance. There is the illusion.
//////////

Ok, I see where U're going with that. Are U saying that all physical reality is pretty much an illusion of vibrations on different wavelengths that create the structures of what we are seeing around us? If so, we should consider what vibrations are and what causes them. Can we agree that vibrations are caused by sound and that sound is made even by our words? Now consider this, it is written that in the beginning there was the "word" or could we say "sound" and it was with God, right? It is written that everything was "spoken" into existence, so to say with the " sound" or " vibration" of His spoken word which is how more primitive cultures of the past described it to the best of their understanding and vocabulary and the same can be said for the translators of those manuscripts who interpreted them to the best of their knowledge. If U meant that there is only an illusion of vibrations creating patterns of what we call reality, then that means that thousands of years ago it was already figured out and revealed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613370 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that with god, all things were possible.
An, the Ohio state motto....

I bet you don't even know what it means...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613371 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
Not everyone feels the same emotions. Some people are incapable of emotional stimuli. Does that mean emotions aren't real, because not everyone feels them or feels them the same way?
Nope.
You aren't making sense.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613372 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh purrrrfect.....
That I feel God is enough to prove His existence.
Thanks, Tim!
No... I literally just tried to cover this, because I knew this was your end game, because we have done this before.

That you feel god proves that you feel god. That's it.

“Stahrman returns!!”

Since: May 08

Ketchikan, Alaska

#613373 Apr 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So god is a hermaphrodite, but you call it a he?
I know the bearded lady!
God is NOT a hermaphrodite, he is beyond sex, and is gender equal, you terrible, liberal, excuse for a human being.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#613374 Apr 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!
OCB: "It's stupid! It's stupid! IT'S STUPID! I don't have to prove it, you just have to take my word for it!!"
*stomps foot*
Oh GAWD, your obtuseness knows no bounds!

I don't CARE if you believe I love my man or not or if I love anyone or anything or not!!

Do you not get that? I. DON'T. CARE.

No foot stomping- besides, how could I stomp MY foot without risk of being stepped on by YOUR stomping foot?

It is YOU who is insisting that we should take YOUR word for it that your god is real!

It is YOU who cares if we buy it or not.

And just what IS with your obsession regarding whether or not I love my man and whether or not I prove it to you?

Start a new thread if it's that relevant to you- call it:

OCB: Prove you love your man.

In the MEANTIME, THIS thread is about proving the existence and reality of a god.

You keep saying you KNOW your god exists and is real like someone else might say they KNOW the earth is round.

Of course, the latter can be proven- and HAS been proven- your assertion that you KNOW your god exists and is real has NOT been proven- not by YOU or anyone else.

And really- your obsessing over trying to get me to prove I love my man is really getting creepy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613375 Apr 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe it's never been done?
I have a first cousin whose daughter did just that.
Kid and all.
When she finally came out and got divorced, her father, my cousin, good catholic that he is, disowned her.
Then your first cousin isn't gay.

She can't be.

How the hell does a real lesbian have sex with a men (or men)??

A: They don't. Bisexuals do.

Your first cousin is bisexual.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613377 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't making sense.
I'll try to clarify.

You said:

"That we feel emotions is sufficient proof that emotions exist. That some people feel god is not sufficient proof that he exists. It is only proof that some people feel god."

Feeling emotions is sufficient evidence to you because you've felt emotions.

But feeling the presence of God isn't sufficient for you because you've probably never felt God.

So with that form of logic, a person who has never felt love (or can't feel love) could justly argue that the feeling of live is not sufficient evidence that live exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613378 Apr 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh GAWD, your obtuseness knows no bounds!
I don't CARE if you believe I love my man or not or if I love anyone or anything or not!!
Do you not get that? I. DON'T. CARE.
No foot stomping- besides, how could I stomp MY foot without risk of being stepped on by YOUR stomping foot?
It is YOU who is insisting that we should take YOUR word for it that your god is real!
It is YOU who cares if we buy it or not.
And just what IS with your obsession regarding whether or not I love my man and whether or not I prove it to you?
Start a new thread if it's that relevant to you- call it:
OCB: Prove you love your man.
In the MEANTIME, THIS thread is about proving the existence and reality of a god.
You keep saying you KNOW your god exists and is real like someone else might say they KNOW the earth is round.
Of course, the latter can be proven- and HAS been proven- your assertion that you KNOW your god exists and is real has NOT been proven- not by YOU or anyone else.
And really- your obsessing over trying to get me to prove I love my man is really getting creepy.
I didn't think a person could be as dense as you.

You've proven me wrong.

It's not about proving your love for your man or proving love period.

It's about the analogy of proving love vs proving the existence of God.

Never mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min kent 599,900
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min REASHMA 7,503
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 27 min dollarsbill 6,517
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min andet1987 6,313
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 37 min gasmtastet 15
Boobs 50 min gasmtastet 2
make me horny 52 min gasmtastet 3
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ajanta 462
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 21 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web