Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613470 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that said something like nobody can marry someone they're not attracted to.
No I didn't. I said nobody can have intimate relationships with both sexes and still be called straight or gay.

It's not about marriage.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#613471 Apr 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Niihau dude.
I be back next week.
China rocks.
I'll bet it does. One of the many places I'd like to visit.

I've been to Japan and Thailand as far as Asian countries go, and loved both countries and there is so much about Asian culture that I appreciate and enjoy.

I know a couple of people who have been to China and they loved it and said it was a great experience in so many ways.

Enjoy the rest of your stay there!

:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613472 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but "Made in China" sucks.
So are you okay with:

Made in Japan

Made in Thailand

Made in Singapore

Made in Vietnam

Made in Germany.....etc., huh?

But you're right- it does suck. But I'm sure my opinion that it sucks is for very different reasons than your opinion that it sucks.
youtube

AOL

#613473 Apr 5, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613474 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know if you don't try?

Your mom would probably have your honesty than your lies.

No?
I don't lie.

I don't bring it up.

Neither does she.

I see no need to.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613475 Apr 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I was doing a "poor me" act. I also never said that I was scared of christians. I simply stated that in US culture there is an enormous pressure to believe in some deity, any deity, as long as your not an evil atheist. That's a fact. Open intolerance of atheism is one of the last bastions of the bigot.
I also never said that my relatives were "beasts." My immediate family and friends know that I'm an atheist and are fine with it. Some of my other relatives do not know and I would rather not tell them. It's not like I would get disowned or anything, but I don't think it would go over too well. Back when my grandma was coherent, she would have thrown a fit if I told her I was an atheist.
Who said I was gay? That wasn't even a topic of conversation. Why are you concerned with my sexual orientation?
You weren't doing a "poor me" act.

Nano is just a very nasty, sneering and unhappy person- it comes through loud and clear in every single post of hers.

And she is quite adept at trying to twist the words of others to suit her twisted agenda.

She's simply a miserable cur, is all.

And of course, you are right. Thanks to Americans like RR who continues to insist that the USA is a Christian nation, there IS quite a lot of pressure from many Americans to be religious and despite that the USA is not a Christian nation and never was and never will be.

RR doesn't get that just because the majority of Americans are Christian, that does NOT translate into the USA being a Christian nation any more than that the majority of Americans are white translates into the USA being a white nation.

And in way too many unsavory ways, RR and Nano are cut from the same CHEESY cloth.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613476 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to do that, you'd first have to demonstrate that God doesn't change.
Do that first, then we'll try your little comparison.
OMG. First of all, not only can emotions change, emotions can cease to exist.

Where you can once have loved someone, that love could vanish.

Where you can once hate hated someone, that hate could vanish.

So NOW you're claiming your god changes????

Does that mean your god vanishes too??

RR, once again, you have painted yourself into a pathetic corner in your moronic attempts to compare evidence and reality of your god to evidence and reality of emotions.

It is not only an inapt comparison; it is no comparison at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613477 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So are you okay with:
Made in Japan
Made in Thailand
Made in Singapore
Made in Vietnam
Made in Germany.....etc., huh?
But you're right- it does suck. But I'm sure my opinion that it sucks is for very different reasons than your opinion that it sucks.
My opinion that it sucks is because of the low quality, durability & lack if craftsmanship.

Japan makes good stuff, so does Germany. Dunno about the others you listed.

And you know RR's stance - Made in America is still the best.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613478 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie.
I don't bring it up.
Neither does she.
I see no need to.
Assuming she prays before a meal, what do you do? Bow your head and fake it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613479 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't doing a "poor me" act.
Nano is just a very nasty, sneering and unhappy person- it comes through loud and clear in every single post of hers.
And she is quite adept at trying to twist the words of others to suit her twisted agenda.
She's simply a miserable cur, is all.
And of course, you are right. Thanks to Americans like RR who continues to insist that the USA is a Christian nation, there IS quite a lot of pressure from many Americans to be religious and despite that the USA is not a Christian nation and never was and never will be.
RR doesn't get that just because the majority of Americans are Christian, that does NOT translate into the USA being a Christian nation any more than that the majority of Americans are white translates into the USA being a white nation.
And in way too many unsavory ways, RR and Nano are cut from the same CHEESY cloth.
America is a Christian nation with laws based on Christianity.

*holds up a Cheeto*

Cheeto?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613480 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG. First of all, not only can emotions change, emotions can cease to exist.
Where you can once have loved someone, that love could vanish.
Where you can once hate hated someone, that hate could vanish.
So NOW you're claiming your god changes????
Does that mean your god vanishes too??
RR, once again, you have painted yourself into a pathetic corner in your moronic attempts to compare evidence and reality of your god to evidence and reality of emotions.
It is not only an inapt comparison; it is no comparison at all.
So you can't demonstrate if God changes or not.

Cool.

Then your whole little hypothesis is shot down.

Emotions don't change, OCB. Hate is hate, love is love... That's it. Emotions can't change and they certainly can't cease to exist.

Only a person's interpretation of them can, I think that's what you meant.

A prime example is how a loved one, like a spouse, can turn into a hated one if they become an ex.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613481 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion that it sucks is because of the low quality, durability & lack if craftsmanship.
Japan makes good stuff, so does Germany. Dunno about the others you listed.
And you know RR's stance - Made in America is still the best.
Of course. That those in China who make American goods are paid absolute CRAP by American companies is of no concern to you.

Of course, it's true that you get what you pay for.

In order for those goods to be of better quality, durability and craftsmanship, that would mean that we would pay much more for those goods than we already do.

And while "Made in America" may still be the best, it is also the most expensive- not only for consumers, but for the companies who manufacture those goods.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613482 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming she prays before a meal, what do you do? Bow your head and fake it?
Quite an assumption you make there, RR.

And why would him bowing his head be "faking it"? He might bow his head out of RESPECT for her beliefs.

And that's assuming she prays before a meal to begin with.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613484 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
Emotions don't change, OCB. Hate is hate, love is love... That's it. Emotions can't change and they certainly can't cease to exist.
A prime example is how a loved one, like a spouse, can turn into a hated one if they become an ex.
LOL!!! You're hilarious!!!! MY hypothesis is not shot down at all- YOURS is!!!

Sorry, RR- but emotions DO change in that what we ONCE might have felt we feel no longer or feel a different way.

Yes, RR- emotions CAN- and DO cease to exist. How people FEEL and the emotions people feel can and do change and can and do cease to exist.

You never heard ANYONE say anything like: I once loved him/her so much, but no more- I feel NOTHING for that person any longer.

So your example proves what I said. A much loved spouse can become hated.

No- that is NOT what I meant- that the "interpretation changes"- you're talking absolute nonsense now.

Or I guess I should say...as always.....

Now- can YOU demonstrate if your god changes? And if so, what does your god change into?

RR, the bottom line is that emotions are often subject to change and often do change.

You are trying to tell me that your GOD is subject to change and often DOES change?

Try not to inhale the paint fumes from that corner you have painted yourself into; however, based on this totally nonsensical post of yours, it seems you already inhaled way too much of those fumes.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613486 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*holds up a Cheeto*
Cheeto?
NOPE. WRONG. Again.

And I'll pass on the Cheeto- not big on any artificially chemically enhanced "foods".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613488 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*holds up a Cheeto*
Cheeto?
BTW, our laws are SECULAR and are not based on Christianity or any other religion.

Too bad you're such a "good" American that you can't accept that FACT is a big part of what made the USA a great nation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613489 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Assuming she prays before a meal, what do you do? Bow your head and fake it?
Why would you assume that?

We rarely eat together, and when we do, it's only when she's up for eating at her favorite restaurant, which she hasn't been for quite a while now.

The last time she mentioned religion was when I was driving her to see my father in the nursing home. She had catholic radio on and she asked me if I still prayed. I said no. That was the end of the conversation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613491 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
And you do not GET it. I didn't say that emotions in and of themselves change; I said that emotions which people FEEL change.

So where once you might have felt LOVE for someone, that could CHANGE to where you might feel hate for them or feel nothing at all.

THAT is what I mean when I say emotions can and do change.

Now YOU are saying that like emotions, your god can and does change.

What a load of hooey- and all because you can't or won't admit that YOUR attempt to compare the reality and existence of your god to emotions was really a moronic attempt on your part to create what is a non-existent analogy to begin with.

Feh.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613492 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you assume that?
We rarely eat together, and when we do, it's only when she's up for eating at her favorite restaurant, which she hasn't been for quite a while now.
The last time she mentioned religion was when I was driving her to see my father in the nursing home. She had catholic radio on and she asked me if I still prayed. I said no. That was the end of the conversation.
That was a really dopey assumption on RR's part.

And no doubt she does NOT bow her head or say grace prior to eating when out in her favorite restaurant.

And even if she does, you bowing your head along with her would not be "faking it" as RR claimed.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613493 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*holds up a Cheeto*
Cheeto?
Hold on a second, here. You have stated MANY times that while our GOVERNMENT is secular, Americans are NOT.

NOW you are trying to claim that our GOVERNMENT is NOT secular with your ridiculous claim that our laws are based on Christianity???

Um......laws are created by GOVERNMENT- that very same government you have insisted all along is SECULAR.

You really DID inhale paint fumes today, didn't you?

You take talking out of both sides of one's mouth to a whole new level, RR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 665,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 284,448
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min Johnny 1,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min bad bob 184,652
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Seentheotherside 446
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
People should start looking after the earth 1 hr UnderstandPeople 61
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr guest 127
More from around the web