“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613463 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
You're right, as always.
I'm sure as my very catholic mother is virtually praying for death, with her pictures of jesus and mary and the last supper all around her, it would comfort her greatly for me to tell her I don't believe in her vision of the afterlife.
And the rest of my extended family, who make it apparent that they are firm believers, yet who still enjoy my company and I theirs, would love me just the same if I told them how much I detest their religion.
Because religious people are just so reasonable about that kind of thing.
Just like you.
How do you know if you don't try?

Your mom would probably have your honesty than your lies.

No?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613464 Apr 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Aero...... That word was just funny at the time......:/
Pussydom:

The extreme act of pussyness.

Lol

http://pussydom.urbanup.com/5669252

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613465 Apr 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell ain't workin' for Ohio...
Hey dude, Mr Brooks was a cool movie.

The ending totally f_cked me up, though.

Thanks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613466 Apr 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I was doing a "poor me" act. I also never said that I was scared of christians. I simply stated that in US culture there is an enormous pressure to believe in some deity, any deity, as long as your not an evil atheist. That's a fact. Open intolerance of atheism is one of the last bastions of the bigot.
I also never said that my relatives were "beasts." My immediate family and friends know that I'm an atheist and are fine with it. Some of my other relatives do not know and I would rather not tell them. It's not like I would get disowned or anything, but I don't think it would go over too well. Back when my grandma was coherent, she would have thrown a fit if I told her I was an atheist.
Who said I was gay? That wasn't even a topic of conversation. Why are you concerned with my sexual orientation?
Ugh...

Aren't you supposed to drop peer pressure in the 10th grade?

What the hell is going on?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613467 Apr 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in Shanghai, and it is so liberating to be able to tell people that I am an atheist without any fear of contempt or disapproval or surprise.
They have electricity there?

Wow, they're moving up in the world...

Lol

*shakes the chicken on a stick at you*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613468 Apr 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Niihau dude.
I be back next week.
China rocks.
Maybe so, but "Made in China" sucks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613469 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
She actually wasn't afraid of him.
She was terrified.
Pussydom....

LMAO

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613470 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that said something like nobody can marry someone they're not attracted to.
No I didn't. I said nobody can have intimate relationships with both sexes and still be called straight or gay.

It's not about marriage.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#613471 Apr 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Niihau dude.
I be back next week.
China rocks.
I'll bet it does. One of the many places I'd like to visit.

I've been to Japan and Thailand as far as Asian countries go, and loved both countries and there is so much about Asian culture that I appreciate and enjoy.

I know a couple of people who have been to China and they loved it and said it was a great experience in so many ways.

Enjoy the rest of your stay there!

:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613472 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but "Made in China" sucks.
So are you okay with:

Made in Japan

Made in Thailand

Made in Singapore

Made in Vietnam

Made in Germany.....etc., huh?

But you're right- it does suck. But I'm sure my opinion that it sucks is for very different reasons than your opinion that it sucks.
youtube

AOL

#613473 Apr 5, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613474 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know if you don't try?

Your mom would probably have your honesty than your lies.

No?
I don't lie.

I don't bring it up.

Neither does she.

I see no need to.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613475 Apr 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I was doing a "poor me" act. I also never said that I was scared of christians. I simply stated that in US culture there is an enormous pressure to believe in some deity, any deity, as long as your not an evil atheist. That's a fact. Open intolerance of atheism is one of the last bastions of the bigot.
I also never said that my relatives were "beasts." My immediate family and friends know that I'm an atheist and are fine with it. Some of my other relatives do not know and I would rather not tell them. It's not like I would get disowned or anything, but I don't think it would go over too well. Back when my grandma was coherent, she would have thrown a fit if I told her I was an atheist.
Who said I was gay? That wasn't even a topic of conversation. Why are you concerned with my sexual orientation?
You weren't doing a "poor me" act.

Nano is just a very nasty, sneering and unhappy person- it comes through loud and clear in every single post of hers.

And she is quite adept at trying to twist the words of others to suit her twisted agenda.

She's simply a miserable cur, is all.

And of course, you are right. Thanks to Americans like RR who continues to insist that the USA is a Christian nation, there IS quite a lot of pressure from many Americans to be religious and despite that the USA is not a Christian nation and never was and never will be.

RR doesn't get that just because the majority of Americans are Christian, that does NOT translate into the USA being a Christian nation any more than that the majority of Americans are white translates into the USA being a white nation.

And in way too many unsavory ways, RR and Nano are cut from the same CHEESY cloth.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613476 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to do that, you'd first have to demonstrate that God doesn't change.
Do that first, then we'll try your little comparison.
OMG. First of all, not only can emotions change, emotions can cease to exist.

Where you can once have loved someone, that love could vanish.

Where you can once hate hated someone, that hate could vanish.

So NOW you're claiming your god changes????

Does that mean your god vanishes too??

RR, once again, you have painted yourself into a pathetic corner in your moronic attempts to compare evidence and reality of your god to evidence and reality of emotions.

It is not only an inapt comparison; it is no comparison at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613477 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So are you okay with:
Made in Japan
Made in Thailand
Made in Singapore
Made in Vietnam
Made in Germany.....etc., huh?
But you're right- it does suck. But I'm sure my opinion that it sucks is for very different reasons than your opinion that it sucks.
My opinion that it sucks is because of the low quality, durability & lack if craftsmanship.

Japan makes good stuff, so does Germany. Dunno about the others you listed.

And you know RR's stance - Made in America is still the best.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613478 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie.
I don't bring it up.
Neither does she.
I see no need to.
Assuming she prays before a meal, what do you do? Bow your head and fake it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613479 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't doing a "poor me" act.
Nano is just a very nasty, sneering and unhappy person- it comes through loud and clear in every single post of hers.
And she is quite adept at trying to twist the words of others to suit her twisted agenda.
She's simply a miserable cur, is all.
And of course, you are right. Thanks to Americans like RR who continues to insist that the USA is a Christian nation, there IS quite a lot of pressure from many Americans to be religious and despite that the USA is not a Christian nation and never was and never will be.
RR doesn't get that just because the majority of Americans are Christian, that does NOT translate into the USA being a Christian nation any more than that the majority of Americans are white translates into the USA being a white nation.
And in way too many unsavory ways, RR and Nano are cut from the same CHEESY cloth.
America is a Christian nation with laws based on Christianity.

*holds up a Cheeto*

Cheeto?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613480 Apr 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG. First of all, not only can emotions change, emotions can cease to exist.
Where you can once have loved someone, that love could vanish.
Where you can once hate hated someone, that hate could vanish.
So NOW you're claiming your god changes????
Does that mean your god vanishes too??
RR, once again, you have painted yourself into a pathetic corner in your moronic attempts to compare evidence and reality of your god to evidence and reality of emotions.
It is not only an inapt comparison; it is no comparison at all.
So you can't demonstrate if God changes or not.

Cool.

Then your whole little hypothesis is shot down.

Emotions don't change, OCB. Hate is hate, love is love... That's it. Emotions can't change and they certainly can't cease to exist.

Only a person's interpretation of them can, I think that's what you meant.

A prime example is how a loved one, like a spouse, can turn into a hated one if they become an ex.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613481 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion that it sucks is because of the low quality, durability & lack if craftsmanship.
Japan makes good stuff, so does Germany. Dunno about the others you listed.
And you know RR's stance - Made in America is still the best.
Of course. That those in China who make American goods are paid absolute CRAP by American companies is of no concern to you.

Of course, it's true that you get what you pay for.

In order for those goods to be of better quality, durability and craftsmanship, that would mean that we would pay much more for those goods than we already do.

And while "Made in America" may still be the best, it is also the most expensive- not only for consumers, but for the companies who manufacture those goods.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613482 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming she prays before a meal, what do you do? Bow your head and fake it?
Quite an assumption you make there, RR.

And why would him bowing his head be "faking it"? He might bow his head out of RESPECT for her beliefs.

And that's assuming she prays before a meal to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 39 min Seejay 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 670,340
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web