Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#613194 Apr 3, 2013
Hey wazzup yall?! I got a good question. Alright, we all should be able to agree that only "mind" can create matter. Matter can never create mind, right? This should mean that all matter was created initially from a "mind" or "consciousness". And it should also mean that the first moments in the beginning of the universe were guided by a "mind" that set in place the laws and boundaries in which all matter shall abide. So my question is can anyone give an example, with PROPER evidence and facts, that matter by itself has ever created mind??

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613195 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooohhhhh......
You're talking about theoretical sciences....
Lol, and here I was think you meant real science.
Evolution isn't a proven fact so of course people will reject it.
The Big Bang is less of a fact than evolution, so...
When does human life begin? I dunno. But if say at conception. And?
Mostly, sexual preferences ARE choices, fool.
You're making a big splash in a little pond...
RR, how in the world did you get dumber since I've last been here?

Location hidden

#613196 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Being terrified of coming out is one thing, living a lie (to yourself) and raising a family all the while being "gay"" is another thing.
I can totally understand a gay person being afraid of letting everyone know that they're gay, but I can't understand how a true gay person could have a straight relationship. To me, that person isn't gay, it's impossible.
I say I can't understand it because being a straight man, I cannot fathom being in a gay relationship and "faking it" to get approval from others.
If the roles were reversed and being straight was looked down on, then I would just remain single. You know what I mean?
Neither of us can possibly imagine what it's like to live in a society that does not accept one of our defining characteristics. I don't know why you pretend that you can know what it's like.

Location hidden

#613197 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I don't really give a shit if gays marry or not.
And I'm Christian.
Go figure.
And according to your list, Christian states go along with my opinion.
Maine 82% Christian.
Maryland 82% Christian
Massachusetts 69% Christian
Connecticut 78% Christian
Iowa 75% Christian
Vermont 69% Christian
New Hampshire 71% Christian
New York 73% Christian
Washington 69% Christian
So why do you think it's Christians keeping gays down?
California has a 21% atheist population and California shot down Prop 8.
Explain that.
Black people.

Location hidden

#613198 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a gay person was afraid to come out, wouldn't it make more sense to stay single, and perhaps hide any gay relationship from whomever they're afraid of?
I'd say yes.
But I think most of the people out there that call themselves gay aren't really gay.
Why is this even a point of contention? Why do you insist on convincing yourself that there aren't many "true" gays? Does it bother you that they in fact might not be in control of their sexuality, making any bigotry on your part even less justified?

Location hidden

#613199 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I say that it's my opinion that those people aren't really gay.
If they were, they couldn't be in a straight relationship.
I'm really straight. There's absolutely no way I could have a gay relationship. No way at all. I'd stay single.
If you were raised in a society that told you gay relationships were the norm, where you were raised from childhood to believe that you were supposed to be attracted to men, where you were called weird or even sinful for being attracted to women, and where maintaining a believable relationship with a man was a big part of social life, I think, just maybe, you'd be able to pull it off.

Location hidden

#613200 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, it just so happens that while I was praying to God, asking for proof, He gave it to me.
I doubt Vishnu or Allah or Zeus would've answered....
They might have been more inclined to do so had you been living in ancient greece. Zeus was more active then.

Location hidden

#613201 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Great. Wonderful. Fantastic.
I don't care if you believe me if I know God is real.
I also don't care if you love your man or not. That's not the point. The point is you say that you do but you can't prove it. So, by your logic, since you can't prove it, it's only your belief and not a fact.
If emotions can be proven, do it. Prove you love(or hate) your man.
Go.
Damn. You were using this tired old nonsense months ago. Emotions are not analogous to god, at all. Didn't we go over this?

Location hidden

#613202 Apr 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>In the meantime:
"13 Scientifically Proven Signs You're in Love
Researchers have found that an in-love brain looks very different from one experiencing mere lust, and it's also unlike a brain of someone in a long-term, committed relationship. Studies led by Helen Fisher, an anthropologist at Rutgers University and one of the leading experts on the biological basis of love, have revealed that the brain's "in love" phase is a unique and well-defined period of time, and there are 13 telltale signs that you're in it."
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/2157-13-s...
But that's just an effect of love! Where does the love come from? We can't know for sure if the chemicals cause the love or if the love causes the chemicals by way of some mysterious love force. Boom - god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#613203 Apr 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>RR, how in the world did you get dumber since I've last been here?
How did you manage to find your way back to the computer, Jabba?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#613204 Apr 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you were raised in a society that told you gay relationships were the norm, where you were raised from childhood to believe that you were supposed to be attracted to men, where you were called weird or even sinful for being attracted to women, and where maintaining a believable relationship with a man was a big part of social life, I think, just maybe, you'd be able to pull it off.
That must explain Bob's hypocrisy of sitting in church and pretending to be Christian.

Location hidden

#613205 Apr 3, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Hey wazzup yall?! I got a good question. Alright, we all should be able to agree that only "mind" can create matter. Matter can never create mind, right? This should mean that all matter was created initially from a "mind" or "consciousness". And it should also mean that the first moments in the beginning of the universe were guided by a "mind" that set in place the laws and boundaries in which all matter shall abide. So my question is can anyone give an example, with PROPER evidence and facts, that matter by itself has ever created mind??
We exist. QED.

Also, you should brush up on the laws of thermodynamics. Unless I missed the one about "mind creating matter."

Memphis, TN

#613206 Apr 3, 2013
@TIMN17wrote [quotedtext]
//////////
Damn. You were using this tired old nonsense months ago. Emotions are not analogous to god, at all. Didn't we go over this?

//////////
Can U state with absolute certainty that emotions are not analogous to God?! At all?! Emotion is not something that can be put into mathematical terms where people think they should be able to find an origin. So to say for a fact that emotion doesn't indicate God is still rather premature, since science says that since God can't be found mathematically it means His existence in non-existent. One day it wil be revealed, in more modern terms that God exists and that the people of the past were not so primitive and that they really did possess the knowledge of the presence of God and knew that the key to being able to access the spiritual realm was to come into tune with the vibrational resonance on an internal EMOTION called LOVE.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#613207 Apr 3, 2013
Mind over Matter.

Memphis, TN

#613208 Apr 3, 2013
TIMN17wrote[quotedtext]
//////////
Also, you should brush up on the laws of thermodynamics. Unless I missed the one about "mind creating matter."
//////////

Okay, our perception of how things work is based only upon what we observe to be true. It's only when we observe something out of the ordinary that we check our calculations to try and figure out what was it that we were wrong about that entire time. The same should apply when we speak about spontaneous generation by chance. No human has ever witnessed any kind of matter coming to existence without the concept beginning in his own mind and manpower is applied to the task, when it comes to matter that man can create for himself. And the math can prove that! So why are we being so ignorant to believe with all of our emotion that all other matter in existence, that is not created by man, was created all by itself?!? That is as ignorant as the people that are being laughed at that believe that a "powerful mind" was responsible!
Greens - tuf

Australia

#613209 Apr 3, 2013
@TIMN17wrote [quotedtext]
//////////
//////////
Can U state with absolute certainty that emotions are not analogous to God?! At all?! Emotion is not something that can be put into mathematical terms where people think they should be able to find an origin. So to say for a fact that emotion doesn't indicate God is still rather premature, since science says that since God can't be found mathematically it means His existence in non-existent. One day it wil be revealed, in more modern terms that God exists and that the people of the past were not so primitive and that they really did possess the knowledge of the presence of God and knew that the key to being able to access the spiritual realm was to come into tune with the vibrational resonance on an internal EMOTION called LOVE.
Emotion= Energy in motion.
Therefore Emotion means Energy.
Further more Love means Energy.
So what we have is...
God + Love + Emotions = Energy.
It is all One and the same, no matter how you see it it's still only Energy.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#613210 Apr 4, 2013
TIMN17wrote[quotedtext]
//////////
//////////
Okay, our perception of how things work is based only upon what we observe to be true. It's only when we observe something out of the ordinary that we check our calculations to try and figure out what was it that we were wrong about that entire time. The same should apply when we speak about spontaneous generation by chance. No human has ever witnessed any kind of matter coming to existence without the concept beginning in his own mind and manpower is applied to the task, when it comes to matter that man can create for himself. And the math can prove that! So why are we being so ignorant to believe with all of our emotion that all other matter in existence, that is not created by man, was created all by itself?!? That is as ignorant as the people that are being laughed at that believe that a "powerful mind" was responsible!
Nice one.

Memphis, TN

#613211 Apr 4, 2013
@GREENSTUF wrote[quotedtext]
Further more Love means Energy. So what we have is...
//////////

U mean no matter how we look at it, it's God!! But not to be argumentative. I can say one thing, once this weak ass government finally disclose to the public all the information concerning the presence of extraterrestrial beings, scientists are gonna have to start the strenuous task of rewritting all the science books and religious figures are gonna have to reread misinterpreted scriptures. TRUE KNOWLEDGE has already been given to man but is suppressed by those in power to keep everyone else without power. Their just waiting for the right time to drop the knowledge on us and "reboot" society. Then we will be able to see that science and religion were actually married the whole entire time but were just separated!

Memphis, TN

#613212 Apr 4, 2013
TIMN17 wrote[quotedtext]

We exist. QED.

//////////

I'm not an expert on QED or thermodynamics and am not going to pretend to be but one thing that we can, so far, be ABSOLUTELY sure about is that matter, by itself and on it's own, has and can never create consciousness which is "mind". As a matter of fact, wasn't it Einstein or some other well known scientist who stated that matter can't be created nor destroyed? That might have been Einstein. Anyway, shouldn't it be assumed or even stated alongside as "fact" according to that theory that matter also can never CREATE nor DESTROY?!? So matter, according to accepted science, can't create consciousness or mind. Mind has to and must be responsible for creating matter. Scientific theory just has to wait until it reaches the point where it can see matter being created and revisit and rewrite the whole concept of matter.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#613213 Apr 4, 2013
@GREENSTUF wrote[quotedtext]
Further more Love means Energy. So what we have is...
//////////
U mean no matter how we look at it, it's God!! But not to be argumentative. I can say one thing, once this weak ass government finally disclose to the public all the information concerning the presence of extraterrestrial beings, scientists are gonna have to start the strenuous task of rewritting all the science books and religious figures are gonna have to reread misinterpreted scriptures. TRUE KNOWLEDGE has already been given to man but is suppressed by those in power to keep everyone else without power. Their just waiting for the right time to drop the knowledge on us and "reboot" society. Then we will be able to see that science and religion were actually married the whole entire time but were just separated!
I agree to a point.
What I am saying is that what people perceive as God is actually only energy, albeit super intelligent energy.
How can anybody perceive a "God" as a material being? It is impossible to envision a "God" , it is illogical and fundamentally wrong.
Your right that science and religion are married together, to say the bible/religion is a load of garbage is a very dangerous path to take. The bible should definitely not be taken literally, and in the same breath the bible should not be ostracized .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liam 600,153
_____ ANTICHRIST on world stage _____ 9 min GlobalReport 1
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min Lbj 2,061
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min NEWS-FLASH 177,616
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,551
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 272,432
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr New Jersey Devil 3,111
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Sun Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web