Prove there's a god.
Carlsbad

Hobbs, NM

#613215 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you were raised in a society that told you gay relationships were the norm, where you were raised from childhood to believe that you were supposed to be attracted to men, where you were called weird or even sinful for being attracted to women, and where maintaining a believable relationship with a man was a big part of social life, I think, just maybe, you'd be able to pull it off.
No one believes that gay relationships are normal.
They make us sick. No one exploits sex like they
do. They are predators that are lieing and
pretending that they are well. They are avoiding
having a normal relationship with the opposite sex.

Carlsbad

Hobbs, NM

#613216 Apr 4, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> I agree to a point.
What I am saying is that what people perceive as God is actually only energy, albeit super intelligent energy.
How can anybody perceive a "God" as a material being? It is impossible to envision a "God" , it is illogical and fundamentally wrong.
Your right that science and religion are married together, to say the bible/religion is a load of garbage is a very dangerous path to take. The bible should definitely not be taken literally, and in the same breath the bible should not be ostracized .
God has a voice. You are illogical and fundamentally wrong.
He created you in his image. He is massive.

Since: May 10

Bristol, UK

#613217 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, yet another death cultist returns. No surprise there.
Varg Vikernes wasn't a death cultist.
New to black metal eh? lul
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#613218 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you were raised in a society that told you gay relationships were the norm, where you were raised from childhood to believe that you were supposed to be attracted to men, where you were called weird or even sinful for being attracted to women, and where maintaining a believable relationship with a man was a big part of social life, I think, just maybe, you'd be able to pull it off.
Well thats just so wrong on many levels.
Your social life would whither away to nothing.
Society would disappear without fornication, so no, that would and could not be possible.
Hence there is nothing "normal" about it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#613219 Apr 4, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
@TIMN17wrote [quotedtext]
//////////
Damn. You were using this tired old nonsense months ago. Emotions are not analogous to god, at all. Didn't we go over this?
//////////
Can U state with absolute certainty that emotions are not analogous to God?! At all?! Emotion is not something that can be put into mathematical terms where people think they should be able to find an origin. So to say for a fact that emotion doesn't indicate God is still rather premature, since science says that since God can't be found mathematically it means His existence in non-existent. One day it wil be revealed, in more modern terms that God exists and that the people of the past were not so primitive and that they really did possess the knowledge of the presence of God and knew that the key to being able to access the spiritual realm was to come into tune with the vibrational resonance on an internal EMOTION called LOVE.
Are you trolling me?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#613220 Apr 4, 2013
The Jews call their High Priest or President
Nasi.

Location hidden

#613221 Apr 4, 2013
TIMN17wrote[quotedtext]
//////////
Also, you should brush up on the laws of thermodynamics. Unless I missed the one about "mind creating matter."
//////////
Okay, our perception of how things work is based only upon what we observe to be true. It's only when we observe something out of the ordinary that we check our calculations to try and figure out what was it that we were wrong about that entire time. The same should apply when we speak about spontaneous generation by chance. No human has ever witnessed any kind of matter coming to existence without the concept beginning in his own mind and manpower is applied to the task, when it comes to matter that man can create for himself. And the math can prove that! So why are we being so ignorant to believe with all of our emotion that all other matter in existence, that is not created by man, was created all by itself?!? That is as ignorant as the people that are being laughed at that believe that a "powerful mind" was responsible!
Totally! The vibrational plane upon which our emotional, psuedo discordant state rests are all the proof we need! The echos of the great one are still ringing in the universe, we just need to listen!

That's what you were saying, right?

Also, brother, I don't think man can create matter for himself. That would be greedy.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#613222 Apr 4, 2013
Carlsbad wrote:
<quoted text>
God has a voice. You are illogical and fundamentally wrong.
He created you in his image. He is massive.
Really? What image are we talking about?.
Man or women.
Describe your image of "God" than please.

Location hidden

#613223 Apr 4, 2013
TIMN17 wrote[quotedtext]
We exist. QED.
Also, you should brush up on the laws of thermodynamics. Unless I missed the one about "mind creating matter."
//////////
I'm not an expert on QED or thermodynamics and am not going to pretend to be but one thing that we can, so far, be ABSOLUTELY sure about is that matter, by itself and on it's own, has and can never create consciousness which is "mind". As a matter of fact, wasn't it Einstein or some other well known scientist who stated that matter can't be created nor destroyed? That might have been Einstein. Anyway, shouldn't it be assumed or even stated alongside as "fact" according to that theory that matter also can never CREATE nor DESTROY?!? So matter, according to accepted science, can't create consciousness or mind. Mind has to and must be responsible for creating matter. Scientific theory just has to wait until it reaches the point where it can see matter being created and revisit and rewrite the whole concept of matter.
Dude..... dude. Dude. dude. I have no words for you. No words.

Location hidden

#613224 Apr 4, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Well thats just so wrong on many levels.
Your social life would whither away to nothing.
Society would disappear without fornication, so no, that would and could not be possible.
Hence there is nothing "normal" about it.
It was a hypothetical. It was implied that everything else would be par for the course in this hypothetical society, including the ability to produce children. That's besides the point, anyways. The point of this exercise, children, was to suggest that perhaps, under different circumstances, what we consider normal might have been wildly different.

Location hidden

#613225 Apr 4, 2013
TIMN17 wrote[quotedtext]
We exist. QED.
//////////
I'm not an expert on QED or thermodynamics and am not going to pretend to be but one thing that we can, so far, be ABSOLUTELY sure about is that matter, by itself and on it's own, has and can never create consciousness which is "mind". As a matter of fact, wasn't it Einstein or some other well known scientist who stated that matter can't be created nor destroyed? That might have been Einstein. Anyway, shouldn't it be assumed or even stated alongside as "fact" according to that theory that matter also can never CREATE nor DESTROY?!? So matter, according to accepted science, can't create consciousness or mind. Mind has to and must be responsible for creating matter. Scientific theory just has to wait until it reaches the point where it can see matter being created and revisit and rewrite the whole concept of matter.
"I'm not an expert on QED." GOLD

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#613226 Apr 4, 2013
@GREENSTUF wrote[quotedtext]

Sacred geometry, Platonic solids. That is where you get your illusion of atoms/matter.
//////////

There's no illusion here. And the algorythms and geometry that hint to Intellegient Design are found everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE, in nature. We all have heard of "PHI" which is Greek or Latin or something and it's numerical value, 1.618, is known as the Golden Ratio or the Divine Proportion and everything in nature is fine-tuned to this ratio of design. And this ratio is seen in the smallest particles of atoms to even our DNA. It's a design upon which all matter is built. Sacred geometry isn't close to an illusion and it's not in my field of expertise but it was and still is a stepping stone in understanding the design of the things in the universe.

Memphis, TN

#613227 Apr 4, 2013
@TIMN17 wrote[quotedtext]

Are you trolling me?
//////////
Why?! Are U afraid of a little debate?! Naw, I'm joking! I just asked a question about matter and mind and U said something about thermodynamics which really can't come to a rational conclusion if consciousness can't be defined by science. So there, U answered the question to the best of your knowledge but made one mistake, U wasn't prepared for the follow-ups and feedback to where I guess U thought I was hounding U. It's all good, I'm still fishing for answers since everyone here claims to know the TRUTH and have all of the FACTS.(sarcasm at the end there)

Memphis, TN

#613228 Apr 4, 2013
@TIMN17 wrote[quotedtext]

Dude..... dude. Dude. dude. I have no words for you. No words.
//////////

Hey, I'm sure U don't. That's always the reaction of people who are presented with the tough questions that may invoke a higher level of thinking and require an answer that is above their own plane of thought. They either put up, give up, or shut up!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613229 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He used it right in the first instance. Everybody makes typos, but most, who have a personality, don't correct other peoples' constantly. "There" is one of the most common typos that people make. This isn't college, you twit. If it was, you never would've passed the entrance exam. There's a word for nuts like you, "boring".
I accept your apology.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#613230 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>RR, how in the world did you get dumber since I've last been here?
And it seems they've found more evidence supporting the dark matter hypothesis:

http://science.slashdot.org/story/13/04/03/19...

Of course, RR will say this isn't proof, completely disregarding that nobody said it was.
mrsleepeasy

UK

#613231 Apr 4, 2013
the serpant " i have ruled
the sphynx " i do rule
The DOG " i will rule

DOG discovery of god = reversed god

I AM THE DOG :d!

Since: May 10

Bristol, UK

#613232 Apr 4, 2013
Jesus was black.
youtube

AOL

#613233 Apr 4, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#613234 Apr 4, 2013
@GREENSTUF wrote[quotedtext]
Sacred geometry, Platonic solids. That is where you get your illusion of atoms/matter.
//////////
There's no illusion here. And the algorythms and geometry that hint to Intellegient Design are found everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE, in nature. We all have heard of "PHI" which is Greek or Latin or something and it's numerical value, 1.618, is known as the Golden Ratio or the Divine Proportion and everything in nature is fine-tuned to this ratio of design. And this ratio is seen in the smallest particles of atoms to even our DNA. It's a design upon which all matter is built. Sacred geometry isn't close to an illusion and it's not in my field of expertise but it was and still is a stepping stone in understanding the design of the things in the universe.
It sure is an illusion, I say this because there is no dualism, no distinction between a material and immaterial thing. It's all energy since energy is all there is.
Matter is not a fundamental property of the Universe.
If we are "real" than you are implying that atoms are "real". So how did "God" make something out of nothing?
All he has to work with is a sea of super intelligent energy.
He could manifest and create forms with his sea of energy through vibration . The vibrations could take on geometrical patterns.
While there can be an infinite amount of form there will be absolutely no substance.
There is the illusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min PadMark 673,026
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 14 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 22 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 28 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 43 min jj is cool 35
More from around the web