Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613030 Apr 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the guy that keeps continuing the Patriot Act, signed the NDAA, signed a bill protecting Monsanto foods, and wants to use drones in America?
sure, whatever. like i said, i'm for less government control; i.e., less fascism

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613031 Apr 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
But
We do not have any such "testimony"
speak for yourself.

i receive the testimony of Christ and that's what bugs the devil in you!;)

does the fascist canadian government make you sit when you pee yet or is that still pending legislation?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613032 Apr 3, 2013
Big_Poppa_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Darkthrone?
Black metal aka trve metvl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4iaj2w7Bp58XX
It's 2kvlt4u.
Oh.

Nah, I've never been into speed metal or death metal.

Have fun.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#613033 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you have a problem with religion in general, all religions, you have quite an uphill battle to fight.
But your comment that you didn't really care about religion until after 9-11 troubles me.
Who are you pointing fingers at?
the abrahamic faiths

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613034 Apr 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "sexual preference" but sexual orientation is most definitely not a choice.
True, but how many gays out there do you think are really gay and have been there whole life?

Based on how many "gay" people have kids or previous straight relationships, I'd say not many...

Since: May 10

Bristol, UK

#613035 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Nah, I've never been into speed metal or death metal.
Have fun.
Not even progressive death metal like Cynic and Atheist? Known for fusing jazz.

No speed metal like Venom?

You must be into either thrash metal, glam metal, power metal, folk metal or symphonic metal.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#613036 Apr 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
while you're explaining what you believe and why, you might also tell us what the actual 'love life' of a homosexual consists of; you know, the average amount of sexual partners, average duration of 'relationships', things homo's actual do for sexual gratification...etc.
let's put it in black and white so we can decide who the real pervs are;)
Why? Do you need whackin' material?

Location hidden

#613037 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but how many gays out there do you think are really gay and have been there whole life?
Based on how many "gay" people have kids or previous straight relationships, I'd say not many...
You're being a bit disingenuous. You and I are of a generation where that did happen but that was because people were terrified of coming out of the closet. That isn't the case anymore and I doubt it happens much.

In other words, it wasn't because they where straight and suddenly chose to be gay - they were gay and chose to live closeted lives until they found the strength to come out.

People don't "choose" to be homosexual and more than they choose to be heterosexual. Hetero, bi, homo - your sexuality just is what it is.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#613038 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming God is a "NOT" or a "IS"?
I'm claiming as I've claimed all along- that I strongly tend to BELIEVE there is a god.

But I am NOT claiming there DEFINITELY is a god since there is yet to be ANY proof of the existence of ANY god.

That's why what I claim is a BELIEF and one I would never try to present as fact.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613039 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming God is a "NOT" or a "IS"?
And btw, IF there is a god, I DEFINITELY believe it is NOT a god of ANY organized religion, since religion is MAN MADE and humans attributing god to represent one religion or another is ridiculous.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613040 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it though?
It has always been that way, since the conception of marriage, which predates Christianity by quite a few millennia...
But yup, blame the Christians...
(Even though Prop 8 was slammed shut in California, the state with the largest atheist population in the country....)
It is the CHRISTIANS who are against gay marriage more than those of any other religion and who are the most vocal about it.

Sorry.....it is NOT that way- only between a man and a woman. Or perhaps you're unaware that gay marriage is now LEGAL in the following states:

Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Iowa
Vermont
New Hampshire
New York
Washington state

AND in our nation's capital: The District of Columbia.

Just 41 states to go, RR- and of course, that means California will be among them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613041 Apr 3, 2013
Big_Poppa_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even progressive death metal like Cynic and Atheist? Known for fusing jazz.
No speed metal like Venom?
You must be into either thrash metal, glam metal, power metal, folk metal or symphonic metal.
I didn't know there was that many different kinds...

My fav metal band is Disturbed, love em.

But I'm more into country than rock.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613042 Apr 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being a bit disingenuous. You and I are of a generation where that did happen but that was because people were terrified of coming out of the closet. That isn't the case anymore and I doubt it happens much.
In other words, it wasn't because they where straight and suddenly chose to be gay - they were gay and chose to live closeted lives until they found the strength to come out.
People don't "choose" to be homosexual and more than they choose to be heterosexual. Hetero, bi, homo - your sexuality just is what it is.
Being terrified of coming out is one thing, living a lie (to yourself) and raising a family all the while being "gay"" is another thing.

I can totally understand a gay person being afraid of letting everyone know that they're gay, but I can't understand how a true gay person could have a straight relationship. To me, that person isn't gay, it's impossible.

I say I can't understand it because being a straight man, I cannot fathom being in a gay relationship and "faking it" to get approval from others.

If the roles were reversed and being straight was looked down on, then I would just remain single. You know what I mean?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613043 Apr 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm claiming as I've claimed all along- that I strongly tend to BELIEVE there is a god.
But I am NOT claiming there DEFINITELY is a god since there is yet to be ANY proof of the existence of ANY god.
That's why what I claim is a BELIEF and one I would never try to present as fact.
Then that's the big difference between you & I.

I've been shown proof of God's existence from God Himself.

I KNOW God exists and I believe God exists.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613044 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Being terrified of coming out is one thing, living a lie (to yourself) and raising a family all the while being "gay"" is another thing.
I can totally understand a gay person being afraid of letting everyone know that they're gay, but I can't understand how a true gay person could have a straight relationship. To me, that person isn't gay, it's impossible.
I say I can't understand it because being a straight man, I cannot fathom being in a gay relationship and "faking it" to get approval from others.
If the roles were reversed and being straight was looked down on, then I would just remain single. You know what I mean?
But that's you.

You don't know anything about the pressure faced by many gay people to be what you would consider "normal".

You don't know anything about what it is like for many who are gay but who wish they weren't and who try to change what they actually are- in large part due to homophobia on the part of society and often close friends and family members as well.

If a gay person feels desperate enough to remain in the closet and to hide who and what they truly are from family members, friends, co-workers and society as a whole, such feelings of desperation could very well- and often do- lead to a gay person marrying someone of the opposite sex and even having children as well in an attempt to fit in among the mainstream.

And sorry, RR- we've discussed this before; despite what you think, it is NOT impossible for a gay person to have sex with a member of the opposite sex.

And just because YOU can't understand how a gay person could marry someone of the opposite sex and even have children doesn't mean NO ONE can understand it or that it doesn't happen.

It does.

“Life is short. Live it”

Since: Apr 10

Nebraska

#613045 Apr 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush, we know who you are. Come out of their, child. Stop trying to attach some special identity to yourself to feel like something worthless. Perhaps that is what multiple personality disorder is about. Maybe related to your low self esteem. Post back to your original username.
Wow! How did you crack the code? Feel like somthing worthless? Are you calling Ratchet worthless? Tisk, tisk. Post back to my original user name? Nah, if this is bothering you, I'm sorry, but I gotta stick with it for a little while. My esteem is fine, I just thought that seeing your Rat looking thing would make you happy. Why do I bother trying to be nice to you?*tear trickles slowly down cheek*

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#613046 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that's the big difference between you & I.
I've been shown proof of God's existence from God Himself.
I KNOW God exists and I believe God exists.
It's between you and *me*- NOT you and *I*.

Okay....you say you KNOW your god exists and that you believe your god exists; that you say you KNOW it trumps your belief.

So we'll go with you saying you KNOW your god exists.

Since you have that KNOWLEDGE, PROVE what you say you KNOW by proving that a god exists.

Since you KNOW this to be a "fact", it should be quite easy to prove what you claim is fact.

Since: May 10

Bristol, UK

#613047 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know there was that many different kinds...
My fav metal band is Disturbed, love em.
But I'm more into country than rock.
Ah Disturbed are like nu-metal or alternative.

Yeah well metal has too many sub-genres.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#613048 Apr 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is the CHRISTIANS who are against gay marriage more than those of any other religion and who are the most vocal about it.
Sorry.....it is NOT that way- only between a man and a woman. Or perhaps you're unaware that gay marriage is now LEGAL in the following states:
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Iowa
Vermont
New Hampshire
New York
Washington state
AND in our nation's capital: The District of Columbia.
Just 41 states to go, RR- and of course, that means California will be among them.
Honestly, I don't really give a shit if gays marry or not.

And I'm Christian.

Go figure.

And according to your list, Christian states go along with my opinion.

Maine 82% Christian.
Maryland 82% Christian
Massachusetts 69% Christian
Connecticut 78% Christian
Iowa 75% Christian
Vermont 69% Christian
New Hampshire 71% Christian
New York 73% Christian
Washington 69% Christian

So why do you think it's Christians keeping gays down?

California has a 21% atheist population and California shot down Prop 8.

Explain that.

Location hidden

#613049 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know what you mean - as a gay man, there is no way I would enter into a heterosexual relationship just to get by.

The point is, however, many people did. They were, in fact, gay but remained in the closet until such time as they finally came out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Just Think 692,156
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr youareadufus 47,236
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 1 hr HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 4 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 7 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 7 hr Trace 79
More from around the web