“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612492 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Gawd, you're dumb. Can't even follow along on a simple thread, you simpleton.
RR asked for examples of actual people who have committed crimes in the name of a god.
I simply complied with his request and posted NEWS STORIES about people who have done just that.
STFU, you silly CUNNY.
No you didn't.

You supplied a few stories about religious people that have committed crimes.

Not one of them claimed to do it in the name of God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612493 Mar 28, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the crusades , the inquisition, witch burnings; these are the kind of things that result when christianity is not restrained by secular law.
That's your story and you're stickin to it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612494 Mar 28, 2013
Religion a Mental Disease wrote:
Still waiting......
Still waiting for someone to post -- on topic -- that they nhave verifiable proof of god.
So far, nothing but delusional rants.
The fact is there is NO PROOF.
If there were, we wouldn't have denominations, religious wars - like the 30 Years War or the Hiundred Years War - between Christians btw.
Nope, religion is a mental disease and NO ONE CAN PROVE differently -- in spite of million$ in reward money from pro-religion groups.
So wingnuts...
Happy Spring Equinox -- and don't forget the pagans from whom you stole the holiday and named in after a bunny.
Of COURSE there is no proof. But it helps to keep in mind that so many fundies are clueless as to the difference between that which is fact and that which is belief.

And often it is their incredible arrogance which deludes them into thinking that they can present their beliefs as if they are fact.

I've never seen so many so-called "Christians" who not only are totally lacking in the humility their Jesus preached, but who also seem to go out of their way to do the exact opposite that their Jesus would do and in many cases and in many ways, they actually mock, spit on and sh*t on the Jesus they claim to believe in, honor, revere, obey and love.

It's so beyond sad that it's pathetically hilarious.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612495 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then if proofs don't exist or can't be shared, stop claiming that you know your god is real!
You see, the difference is I don't CARE if you or anyone else believes that I love my man or not. The ONLY two people it is relevant to is myself and my man.
But you seem to think that YOUR insistence that your god is real should be relevant to EVERYONE and should be believed by everyone.
The difference is that you DO care if people think your god is real or not; I don't give a rat's Aunt Fanny if you or anyone else believes my love for my man is real or not. HE knows it is, I know it is and that is ALL that matters.
So it would seem that your BELIEF that your god is real is a belief that should matter only to you and there really is no reason I can see for you to give a rat's Aunt Fanny if others believe you or not.
But you DO give a rat's Aunt Fanny since you are on these threads every single day shoving your beliefs down the throats of others.
That is YOUR issue and not the issue of those who don't believe what you do.
My subjective experience is my anecdotal evidence that God is real.

And just like you and your man, I don't care if you don't believe me. I'm not trying to convince you that God is real, just that my experience was real.

I'm shoving my beliefs just as you are. You know it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612496 Mar 28, 2013
Religion a Mental Disease wrote:
Still waiting......
Still waiting for someone to post -- on topic -- that they nhave verifiable proof of god.
So far, nothing but delusional rants.
The fact is there is NO PROOF.
If there were, we wouldn't have denominations, religious wars - like the 30 Years War or the Hiundred Years War - between Christians btw.
Nope, religion is a mental disease and NO ONE CAN PROVE differently -- in spite of million$ in reward money from pro-religion groups.
So wingnuts...
Happy Spring Equinox -- and don't forget the pagans from whom you stole the holiday and named in after a bunny.
God will provide you with all the evidence you need. You won't find it anywhere else.

But if you don't look, you won't find...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612497 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't.
Yes- they ALL did- read it AGAIN or better yet- read it for the FIRST time.

To help you along:

2. In 2005, then 25-year-old Isaiah Kalebu broke into a lesbian couple's home and proceeded to torture, rape, and stab them. One of the victims, Teresa Butz, died in front of her home as neighbors tried to save her life. Butz surviving partner was able to identify her attacker but Kalebu insisted he was innocent on the ground that he was only following God's instructions.

*******The Seattle Times reports the attacker saying "I was there and I was told by my God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, to attack my enemies, and I did so."*******

3. In another report of God makes people do crazy things- a woman faced murder charges in 2008 for killing her common law husband. Donna Marie Redding told authorities her husband used the Lord's name in vein too often so she shot him.

*******Redding said, "Jesus told me to do it" and that her husband was "the devil".******

She shot and killed her husband with a shotgun while her nephew and brother-in-law invlogged a natural spring outside the couples home. Without warning, Jesus whispered in Redding's ear and she ended an innocent man's life.

The parts of the articles I put stars in front of and after most DEFINITELY prove that these people committed these crimes "in the name of God" since they claim their god TOLD them to do what they did.

Don't waste my time with your nit-picking anal-retentive nonsense, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612498 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My subjective experience is my anecdotal evidence that God is real.
And just like you and your man, I don't care if you don't believe me. I'm not trying to convince you that God is real, just that my experience was real.
I'm shoving my beliefs just as you are. You know it.
Ah- but you DO care. You LOVE telling people they are wrong if they don't believe in your god or that your god is real.

I'M not shoving ANY beliefs here, RR- just another lie (for your Jesus, of course....).

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612499 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't.
I think it was KK who posted doubting that you know what "in the name of" means.

At first, I thought that simply could not be, but on second thought, it appears KK was 100% correct.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612500 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- they ALL did- read it AGAIN or better yet- read it for the FIRST time.
To help you along:
2. In 2005, then 25-year-old Isaiah Kalebu broke into a lesbian couple's home and proceeded to torture, rape, and stab them. One of the victims, Teresa Butz, died in front of her home as neighbors tried to save her life. Butz surviving partner was able to identify her attacker but Kalebu insisted he was innocent on the ground that he was only following God's instructions.
*******The Seattle Times reports the attacker saying "I was there and I was told by my God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, to attack my enemies, and I did so."*******
3. In another report of God makes people do crazy things- a woman faced murder charges in 2008 for killing her common law husband. Donna Marie Redding told authorities her husband used the Lord's name in vein too often so she shot him.
*******Redding said, "Jesus told me to do it" and that her husband was "the devil".******
She shot and killed her husband with a shotgun while her nephew and brother-in-law invlogged a natural spring outside the couples home. Without warning, Jesus whispered in Redding's ear and she ended an innocent man's life.
The parts of the articles I put stars in front of and after most DEFINITELY prove that these people committed these crimes "in the name of God" since they claim their god TOLD them to do what they did.
Don't waste my time with your nit-picking anal-retentive nonsense, RR.
In order to believe any of that, you'd have to believe that "another report of God makes people do crazy things" is possible and that God is real.

You'd also have to have pretty skewed knowledge of what God is and how He influences people.

Do you?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612501 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...
A book.
Yay.
Then it MUST be true.
It IS true. GW Bush did in FACT say what was quoted and that IS a fact.

But let's change it around a bit:

The BIBLE.

"Lol....
A book.
Yay.
Then it MUST be true.

If you won't take a book about GW to be the truth and all the more when it has been PROVEN he did in fact say what was quoted, why the HELL would you believe even ONE word of the bible to be true?

The way you twist things when it's convenient for you, RR- it's really pretty sad and pathetic and I'm embarrassed for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612502 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ah- but you DO care. You LOVE telling people they are wrong if they don't believe in your god or that your god is real.
I'M not shoving ANY beliefs here, RR- just another lie (for your Jesus, of course....).
No, I love questioning people that say God isn't real. It's friggin hilarious to see their opinions.

...because that's all it is - opinion.

You ARE shoving your beliefs, though.

Your belief is that religious people are loony.

Your belief is that no one knows if God is real.

You shove that down everyone's theist every chance you get.

That is your belief, not fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612503 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I think it was KK who posted doubting that you know what "in the name of" means.
At first, I thought that simply could not be, but on second thought, it appears KK was 100% correct.
M'kay...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612504 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It IS true. GW Bush did in FACT say what was quoted and that IS a fact.
But let's change it around a bit:
The BIBLE.
"Lol....
A book.
Yay.
Then it MUST be true.
If you won't take a book about GW to be the truth and all the more when it has been PROVEN he did in fact say what was quoted, why the HELL would you believe even ONE word of the bible to be true?
The way you twist things when it's convenient for you, RR- it's really pretty sad and pathetic and I'm embarrassed for you.
Christianity is much more than just the bible.

What GW supposedly said was never confirmed. In fact, the White House denied it. It was an accusation by a Palestinian official.

You take his word over GW's because you don't like GW. No other reason.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612505 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't.
And here we have GW Bush claiming he started two wars because GOD told him to.

"George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

...Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said:

"President Bush said to all of us:********'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me,'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did." Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me,'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it.""*******

http://www.huge-entity.com/2005/10/george-bus...

But it's okay, RR- I realize that according to YOU anything which in any way shows Christians or Christianity in an unfavorable light is, according to YOU- not true.

Of course and as almost always, that would make you wrong- AGAIN.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612506 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is much more than just the bible.
What GW supposedly said was never confirmed. In fact, the White House denied it. It was an accusation by a Palestinian official.
You take his word over GW's because you don't like GW. No other reason.
It was confirmed. And it's disgusting that you would claim otherwise when in a book by someone as honorable and as professional a writer and author as is Bob Woodward.

BTW, the WASHINGTON POST also confirmed that quote you are referring to.

Has NOTHING to do with ME liking GW or not; it only has to do with what is FACT.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#612507 Mar 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It was confirmed. And it's disgusting that you would claim otherwise when in a book by someone as honorable and as professional a writer and author as is Bob Woodward.
BTW, the WASHINGTON POST also confirmed that quote you are referring to.
Has NOTHING to do with ME liking GW or not; it only has to do with what is FACT.
It is obvious you were abused in a relationship, that is probably why you were worried I was trying to control you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612508 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I love questioning people that say God isn't real. It's friggin hilarious to see their opinions.
...because that's all it is - opinion.
You ARE shoving your beliefs, though.
Your belief is that religious people are loony.
Your belief is that no one knows if God is real.
You shove that down everyone's theist every chance you get.
That is your belief, not fact.
Where did I ever say religious people are loony? Sigh....another lie from you (for your Jesus, of course....).

Unless anyone who claims any god is real can prove it, it is fact that no one knows if a god is real. A belief is not reality.

And I don't "shove that down anyone's throat".

I've told you I understand about your personal experience and that while that may be proof to YOU, it is in NO WAY proof for ANYONE ELSE.

That's ANOTHER fact.

I mean really, RR. If you told me that you saw a ghost or were touched by a ghost, that would mean that everyone should believe there are such things as ghosts because of your personal experience?

That would mean that ghosts are real because you saw one or were touched by one?

That you say you were touched by your god is what should stand as FACT and PROOF for everyone that your god is real???

PFFT.

Excuse me.....I need to go see if the little green Martians on my front lawn are doing okay.......and just that I'm TELLING you there are little green Martians on my lawn who I can see clear as day should be enough proof for you that little green Martians exist and that they are real.

You are a hoot!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612509 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
M'kay...
No- it is NOT okay. You said that in the articles I provided that those people didn't commit crimes in the name of god when in FACT, they did just that and SAID that was why they committed those crimes.

Not enough of that Christian humility within you for you to be able to admit you were wrong, huh?

Whoop-de-doo- big surprise......sadly, NOT a surprise at all.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612510 Mar 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you were abused in a relationship, that is probably why you were worried I was trying to control you.
I was NEVER in any abusive relationship.

And I am NOT "worried" that you are trying to control me- you're a PISSANT who has absolutely no relevance in my life, my thoughts or my actions whatsoever.

You're not only a major creep, you are also majorly creepy.

Feck OFF, LOSER times a GAZILLION.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612511 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to believe any of that, you'd have to believe that "another report of God makes people do crazy things" is possible and that God is real.
You'd also have to have pretty skewed knowledge of what God is and how He influences people.
Do you?
Wha??? BELIEVING in a god and BELIEVING in a god telling you to do things doesn't make the existence of a god any more real or any more factual.

It just means one has voices in their head other than their own voice.

Or that they IMAGINE they are hearing voices.

Regardless, the POINT is that those articles showed that yes- there HAVE been people who have committed crimes and heinous acts using a god as their excuse and reason and justification for having done so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Brother James 602,277
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 32 min Power_2014 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 41 min shanu 1,073
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 230,109
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Rick Moss 37,280
What's The Best Way To Help Islam To Go To thei... 2 hr Canadian 0
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 548,925
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr USN Atheist 5,511

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE