Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#612582 Mar 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a book that thoroughly explains everything that's in the book?
Gee, what were the odds?
Another one?

Sheesh.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#612583 Mar 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
That's a good thorough explanation. That's ok I don't think I need to know the rest. I'm sure it's too twisted to resemble truth anyway.

“Greetings all”

Since: Jan 13

Calvert City

#612584 Mar 29, 2013
Whats the point of having a God, if human understanding and science can understand his existence.

Location hidden

#612585 Mar 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
KittenKodder is a homosexual trangender paedophile.
Once the world is thoroughly interbreeded and homogenized, those terms will be the new ethnicity. German French Polish Spanish Afro American, will be replaced by,'straight','gay','meso', and any combination thereof, with pedophiles being given their own country/state.....hopefully behind bars in a prison state.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612586 Mar 29, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good thorough explanation. That's ok I don't think I need to know the rest. I'm sure it's too twisted to resemble truth anyway.
Wow- talk about passive/aggressive, sarcastic and just downright snarky.....

I see I can add projecting onto others to the list as well.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#612587 Mar 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?!
That's YOU pushing your BELIEF onto me - that "NO god has influenced societies"...
That's your belief, not fact.
the belief in god(s) certainly has had an effect upon society and culture. The beliefs in the abrahamic gods have a toxic and dangerous effect, and is certainly worthy of condemnation.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#612588 Mar 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Son of Sam.
Murdered six people because his dog told him to.
Next.
ya, an example of a religious delusion.

Location hidden

#612589 Mar 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- talk about passive/aggressive, sarcastic and just downright snarky.....
I see I can add projecting onto others to the list as well.
Dang you're right again. How do you do it?

Location hidden

#612590 Mar 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not really.
Here's how it actually works.
Theist: "God."
Other: "Really? Show me."
All other nutbaggery (and subsequent derision) arises from the inability to "show me".
In defense of RR, well not completely in defense, but the point is this. I can only sense my own subjective experience. I cannot *know* that there is no one else out there that can sense something that I can't, or has some kind of connection with something I don't.

It is impossible for me to believe that there are people out there that have a direct link to, or a sense of, "God". But I can't know that I am right. Like I can believe that people have experiences that lead them to believe something supernatural or unknown is at work especially since I have had them too, but how can they know what exactly is at work? Conversely, others can't know it is always coincidence.

You have no way of knowing the state of *my* own sense of being or sense of self. You only know yours. We can have our beliefs but we need to reserve something for uncertainty. We all need to do that; atheists are as guilty as any religious person.

I think it's possible to be 100% convinced of a belief while reserving that you can't *know* you are right about it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612591 Mar 29, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Dang you're right again. How do you do it?
Not about me being right or not- not the point nor do I care if I'm right or not despite that in this case, I certainly seem to be.

You are very passive/aggressive which in itself isn't the issue as much as you accusing others of what you so blatantly display here.

Location hidden

#612592 Mar 29, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the belief in god(s) certainly has had an effect upon society and culture. The beliefs in the abrahamic gods have a toxic and dangerous effect, and is certainly worthy of condemnation.
Sure it has a toxic effect, but that doesn't mean there isn't an unknown or unseen or undetectable part of our consciousness that exists apart from our body. For most it's uncertainty that leads people to believe such things, for others it's their own sense of being. I don't believe that even the most practiced monk can know Truth if s/he sees it but neither can we know what they sense and how it affects their beliefs and how it would affect our own beliefs if we could feel what they feel.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612593 Mar 29, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>In defense of RR, well not completely in defense, but the point is this. I can only sense my own subjective experience. I cannot *know* that there is no one else out there that can sense something that I can't, or has some kind of connection with something I don't.
It is impossible for me to believe that there are people out there that have a direct link to, or a sense of, "God". But I can't know that I am right. Like I can believe that people have experiences that lead them to believe something supernatural or unknown is at work especially since I have had them too, but how can they know what exactly is at work? Conversely, others can't know it is always coincidence.
You have no way of knowing the state of *my* own sense of being or sense of self. You only know yours. We can have our beliefs but we need to reserve something for uncertainty. We all need to do that; atheists are as guilty as any religious person.
I think it's possible to be 100% convinced of a belief while reserving that you can't *know* you are right about it.
To the last sentence of your post- right you are. However, in the case of RR, he claims that based on his personal experience, he DOES know he is right about it.

While I can see that his being 100% convinced of his belief has convinced HIM that his god is real, he insists that because of that, he KNOWS his god is real and he tells others who don't believe that a god is real that they are wrong.

So while what you say may be possible, that has not been the case where RR is concerned.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#612594 Mar 29, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the abrahamic covenant came from God into the a brutal and barbaric world to set a people apart from their brutish and barbaric counterparts.

what about the plan of God do you believe to be "toxic" and what kind of "condemnation" to you propose to exact against Him/his people?:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#612595 Mar 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I enlisted John Carter, he is presently working on a solution.
But if that doesn't work the IPU is standing by on fail safe mode.
LOL

Good you are in work! X wil be glad to hear this!!

Bestest regards.

And remember, if you do need any addl help, I know the FSM is always eager to assist also.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#612596 Mar 29, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good thorough explanation. That's ok I don't think I need to know the rest. I'm sure it's too twisted to resemble truth anyway.
ok

“Stahrman returns!!”

Since: May 08

Ketchikan, Alaska

#612597 Mar 29, 2013
SPARKS33 wrote:
<quoted text>
i do agree with you but when it comes down to it you shouldnt tell someone there go to hell thats same as judging someone-its written in the bible that u should not judge,basically thats his job-but you are right on everything else-so keep that in mind
I never told him to,"Go to Hell." What I said was,'you're on a Hell bound train' and if he did not change his outlook that was where he was going to end up.

Please do not be a liberal and take just what you want from what I say, read the whole statement and attempt to understand what I really said, instead of WHAT YOU THINK I SAID!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612599 Mar 29, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Prove there isn't a god. Bet you can't!
You think you're the first person who has come on here asking for prove that there is NOT a god?

You're not nor are you the first person I've responded to with:

1. Prove there isn't a Santa Claus

2. Prove there isn't a tooth fairy

3. Prove there aren't any leprechauns

4. Prove there aren't any little green Martians (or big green Martians for that matter)

5. Prove there aren't any unicorns (pink or any other color)

Bet you can't!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612600 Mar 29, 2013
Oops! ".....asking for *proof*......"
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#612601 Mar 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You think you're the first person who has come on here asking for prove that there is NOT a god?
You're not nor are you the first person I've responded to with:
1. Prove there isn't a Santa Claus
2. Prove there isn't a tooth fairy
3. Prove there aren't any leprechauns
4. Prove there aren't any little green Martians (or big green Martians for that matter)
5. Prove there aren't any unicorns (pink or any other color)
Bet you can't!
I CAN PROVE HE EXISTSSSSSS!!! SHUT UP TILL YOU LISTENNNNN!!!!!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#612602 Mar 29, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Prove there isn't a god. Bet you can't!
prove you're not gay by changing your avatar;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Contractors Montreal (Sep '08) 2 min Watchout Consumers 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 272,457
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min ffj 2,094
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 14 min dfsdvseefr 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 600,197
The eight most important things to look for on ... 28 min casablanca 1
Can tablet give you more nutrition than food? 34 min casaoui 1
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Malcolm 46
More from around the web