“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#612301 Mar 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets look at it simply from a non biblical view for a moment ok?
A belief in God was humankind's early way of trying to understand nature. The causes, the Meanings of the known Universe at the time. Sort of a proto scientific attempt at understanding those things around us. Where as leprechauns are not an attempt for explanation for anything. Just pure fantasy.
Ridiculing God and trying to compare him to leprechauns shows an immature and shallow disregard for a persons personal belief. Its like ridiculing the Ancient Greek philosophers view of astronomy. By Comparing a theology to leprechauns shows a
simple flawed logic from that person trying to erroneously make that comparison.
You know I love you Al but I will always ridicule the ridiculous, no matter how sacred you or someone else thinks it is.
Religion a Mental Disease

Spring Hill, FL

#612302 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that hates religion, not Templeton...
"The Templeton Foundation is seeking research and writing projects that will break new ground and push the science and religion dialogue in fresh directions."
Stop whining about hate. I am simply posting easy verified facts 100% on board topic.

Thank you for checking. Can you prove there's a God? If so, there's a BIG reward waiting for you.

You're welcome :0)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#612303 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Consciousness is still a mystery...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Consciousness%3... 's+biggest+mystery%3A+the+ques t+to+understand...-a0174817872
...even to those who consider themselves experts on the subject.
Not it's not.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#612304 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As always, you are a LIAR.
Really- a month or so ago, you SWORE you would never post to me again.
I realize how easy it is to go back on such a promise, but could you PLEASE try to keep it again?
Get away from me Nano- you truly give me the creeps, you CREEP.
Not to mention what a silly cunny you are.
So you expect people to have no limits, now, you fool? You expect them to be perfect, and blame them if they don't live up to their word? You pathetic little rat!

How could you possibly be 58?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612305 Mar 27, 2013
Religion a Mental Disease wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality 101.........
Highest rate of domestic abuse in States that report highest religiosity.
Says who? You?
Religious leaders attempting to address abuse speculate that Christian women may often feel obligated to stay in abusive relationships because of scripture that mandates them to “submit to their husbands” or “turn the other cheek”.
LMAO!

Another atheist cherry picker.

Great....
Jewish women may feel pressure to not bring shame to their community, and will consequently hide the abuse in their marriage. They may also feel that it is their duty to maintain shalom bayit, or peace in the home.
Says who? You?
Muslim women may question the nature of God and might question their relationship to God if their husband is abusive.
Oh, wow...

You're a nutball.
And many women from all different religions and faiths often feel abandoned by God if they are abused.
Says who? You?
Religion is a delusion requiring the denial of the real world if it conflicts with cherished beliefs.
LOL, you're version of reality is quite twisted.

IANS?

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#612306 Mar 27, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your obsession with homosexuals is so great that you just bring it up on random threads?
Have you prayed to your god over your obsession with homosexuals?
Have you considered talking to a therapist?
Well, there was a study on this very subject. People who detest homosexuals are usually themselves, homosexuals. Therefore, who ever smelt it, indeed dealt it.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#612307 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't write like a child!
*stomps foot*
I don't! I don't! I don't!
You do, lol.
You try to copy others to try to sound sensible and reasonably intelligent.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612308 Mar 27, 2013
Religion a Mental Disease wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop whining about hate. I am simply posting easy verified facts 100% on board topic.
Thank you for checking. Can you prove there's a God? If so, there's a BIG reward waiting for you.
You're welcome :0)
Templeton doesn't care about that, you do.

So far, all you've hit is 100% verifiable opinion. Your opinion.

God is real.

Probe me wrong.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612309 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see much difference in "for God" or "in the name of God".
Anyway, you didn't answer. What Christians commit acts of violence "in the name of God"?
Oh please. I never said it is only CHRISTIANS who commit acts of violence "in the name of god". People of ALL religions are guilty of this.

And the difference is that "in the name of god" one is committing the act of violence under the assumption that their god is okay with it.

Saying "for god" would mean that god is commanding one to commit acts of violence.

And it IS criminal for parents to withhold medical treatment from their children because they believe it goes against their god's will and wishes. And it is also a form of violence in that it IS abuse and even if it is a PASSIVE form of violence.

And gee- you've NEVER heard of parents attempting to beat the "devil" out of their children by LITERALLY beating them and beating them very badly and because that is what their god WANTS them to do?

Just TWO of many examples, RR.....come ON.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612310 Mar 27, 2013
LMAO! Oops....

Ima pay for that "probe me" comment.

Be gentle....
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#612311 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because I envy you and look up to you.
Although that is probably true, like you look up to everybody. Lmfao.
The joke is actually true, that is the only thing a bit amusing about this banter.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#612312 Mar 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried posting a$$ once on here and I couldn't even do that ..........It was a reference to a donkey btw .......)
Just hit post again.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#612313 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And speaking of hypocrisy, you MISERABLE HYPOCRITE, when have you EVER taken to task ANYONE here who has said HORRIBLE things to "atheists" and/or believers in a different god than the bible god?
Just this morning- maybe last evening- but VERY recently- Lunger told me to KILL MYSELF.
Where is your "outrage" over that, you PHONY??
If telling someone to "kill themselves" isn't the EPITOME of hatred, I don't know what is.
Yet you have NO problem with the venom spewed here toward those who don't believe in the Christian god.
You ARE truly sickening and you PERSONIFY the meaning of the word "hypocrite".
NOW stay the HELL away from me, you CREEP.
And you're STILL a silly cunny.
You have proven yourself a naive 58 year old. That is why.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#612314 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Templeton doesn't care about that, you do.
So far, all you've hit is 100% verifiable opinion. Your opinion.
God is real.
Probe me wrong.
Bend over.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612315 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to feel that way, too. That Topix is a complete waste of time.
But I'm only here during down time or alone time.
RR, then you have a LOT- I mean a LOT- of "down time".

I'd be really unhappy if my job was as boring as it would seem yours obviously is and/or that you simply don't have enough to do which also leads to boredom.

Not meaning to be critical; it's just that even in a job with as much "down time" as you seem to have, I would think there is MUCH you could do other than to waste SO much time here on Topix- surely there is something much more constructive that you could be doing with your "down time", but of course, that's YOUR choice and YOUR business; I'm just glad that there are any number of things I can do other than post on Topix during my "down time".

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#612316 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pokay's a ninja...
A ninja of love...

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/102085/ninj...

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#612317 Mar 27, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Psalms 111:10, Proverbs 9:10, and Proverbs 1:7. So, JT..........are YOU one of those Americans who will ALL TOO GLADLY have the VeriChip implanted in you?? It starts from TODAY, Saturday, March 23, 2013 (US time).
Oh dear lard. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612318 Mar 27, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you expect people to have no limits, now, you fool? You expect them to be perfect, and blame them if they don't live up to their word? You pathetic little rat!
How could you possibly be 58?
Okay- this IS my last post to you, but to show what an addle brained fool you are:

Where did I say I expect ANYONE to be perfect?

Here is what I DID say to Nano:

"I realize how easy it is to go back on such a promise,...."

Really- you ARE mentally ill and I suspect no less a danger to yourself (not that THAT matters) than you are to anyone else (and that DOES matter).

SEEK HELP.

And this is IT for me where YOU are concerned, you pathetic trolling PISSANT- waste all the time you like posting to me; not only will you not get any more responses, I won't even spend the time to read the INSANE, HATEFUL and PUTRID DRIVEL that spews from that gaping maw of yours.

You have anger issues. You have rage issues. You have control issues.

Again- SEEK HELP. And look elsewhere for the help you SO desperately need- the help you need can NOT be found on Topix.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612319 Mar 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bend over.
Dammit....

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#612320 Mar 27, 2013
Scotty1966 wrote:
If people did what the God (in the new testament - and even the old)
This earth would be a much much better place.
For some people, it is hard for them to live by rules
Marry your rapist.
Kill your disobedient children.
Have slaves.
Have a harem.
Kill your wife if she doesn't bleed on her wedding night.

You keep your archaic, disgusting beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min Al Capone 4,971
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min truth 555,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min AussieBobby 263,715
Moses never existed 1 hr truth 568
Why Topix is dying 1 hr yon 8
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr deedee 290
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr NATIVE INDIAN 5,454
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 11 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE