|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I reply to everybody on here, eventually, even you. Now you can both fk off.
Ya got a quarter?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Christers. Aren't they lovely?
He's prolly one o' them "Central Park" cops, an they fergot ta come an unchain 'em from the park bench.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy, create what he has and I will fail to believe. I have nothing to lose by having faith but you my friend have everything to lose for not believing.
So you are lying to trick the god you claim to believe for a get out of jail free pass. I don't think that's wise, even if that god does exist.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
..."God is, or He is not." But to which side shall we incline? Reason can decide nothing here....
...Do not, then, reprove for error those who have made a choice; for you know nothing about it."
-Pascal
Dude was 300 years before us and knew better than you.
Go figure.
Apply the same logic to Zeus, Apollo, Ptah, Bast, or even Cthulhu ... your YHWH is not the only god proposed.
Just for fun xD

Ijmuiden, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"Is there any proof needed/required?"
When people insist something is there, the natural question that follows is "what is it and where is it?" So, yes, proof is needed.
The problem with "proving a god" is that each of the 7+billion of us human beings have a different definition of god, and each definition cancels the other out.
This renders proving whether or not a god is there, impossible.
And no, non-believers don't believe exclusively in themselves. When you say that, you are being prejudiced and making assumptions. Your "belief" in this wrong theory is false.
As a matter of fact, their generousity and compassion are more genuine, coming from their REAL HEARTS instead of the religionists' phony way just doing it to "get their reward" or out of fear of some "god".
"Believing in something" is doing us no good as a species. It causes us to fight each other to death over trivia.
Us homo sapiens and our "beliefs" is what is leading to our extinction as a species. Our beliefs are a weapon of mass murder-suicide.
I think giving up certain beliefs, such as the belief that there is something outside of yourself dictating your actions as if you were a puppet, would be good for the survival of the human race.
Our belief wars are going to kill us.
Woow....you really though deep about it xD (maybe going too far?? maybe not cause its the truth?? then again, who's truth?)

Yea, there exists a lot of people which has different tastes and views for each and every topic, which in your own words, will lead to dammnation of humankind. Yet again, being so negatively doesnt help humanity much either. I'm not saying I know the answer to whats wrong and right nor judging you either.

When I wrote that thing about "non-believers believe in themselves" was just an example. It didnt apply to every non-believer, thats why I mentioned more reasons beneath, like believing in family, money, life, personal goals in life, dreams, etc.
In short, I was talking about beliefs in general, not only religion-related believe.

Example: a student who studies medicines in order to become a doctor. The guy believes he will become a doctor, yet has no proof he will be a doctor. The proof will come later, but at the moment it is unknown wheter the guy will be capable of fullfilling his dreams, thus has he no proof at all, only his beliefs.

Yeah, there may no be proof at all, but why bother anyway if people are at ease with what they believe?
This weapons of mass murder suicides (people's believes), be it religion or not related to religion at all, keeps some people motivated to survive.

Would you dare tear a young man's dream appart with your truth? Ruininng his life instead of helping him realize the way you see the world?
Would you tell an old man in his lasts moments his believes were nothing but worthless humanweapons of mass murder suicide?

And how can you be so sure the world would be better if "beliefs"
in general were wiped out from human terms, never existed, if you have never tried it before?
How can you be so sure people will get better human beings if they know and accept your truth about believes being human suicideweapons? How can you know if they will become "normal" the way you view people as normal and not turn bad in general?(like criminals, murderes, more human weapons).

So my point is why care about changing? After all, no matter how much people might change, we humans ARE WEAPONS of massdestructing ourselves and it doesnt matter much wheter you are a believer or not at all.
MESSENGER

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

A man called Norman

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> If I want any sh!t outa you, I'll squeeze yer lil' head bozo.
Speaking of sh!theads, I got a little light reading from our pal Littleloogie/Lunger. I like the posts where he changes his name, and talks to himself! LOL
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pecos-tx/TRJ9...
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I looked and it seems to have been mentioned several times in the King James version, but, I also saw that in Rev 20:14 it says that "...death and hell were cast into the lake of fire."
Yes nano, hell is mentioned several times in the Bible. Revelation 20:14 is correct.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wrap your entire body in tinfoil, the evil chip won't get you.
I promise.
Do it now.
As long as I don't walk into a giant microwave oven and switch it on - LOL!! Y'know how those microwaves react to tinfoil!! FZZZZTTT!!
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I see communication isn't your strong point.
Well....no.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, however, as the numbers indicate most of the major top countries (top regarding education, jobs, income, influence in the world) are rapidly moving away from observing religions.
I can't see that countries like the European countries, where religious observance is almost non-existent, Canada, and the USA, and others like them where people have the time, money and ability to do so many things with their lives, besides setting aside each Sunday to attend a church service, which I basically did for nearly 45 years, partly due to living with my parents and having no choice, but also based on my own desire to continue doing that when I had my own home and family, that we will return to the days of my youth when all people who did anything at all on Sunday usually were in church. Even those who never attended church were observing Sunday as a day of rest, when they did not participate in their normal weekly activities.
Regarding your first paragraph (about those countries moving away from religion), I don't know if that is a good thing. I often wonder what the world would be like without any religion whatsoever. "FREEDOM!!!", you holler. But, really?? Worth thinking about, I guess.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flup wrote:
<quoted text> Yes nano, hell is mentioned several times in the Bible. Revelation 20:14 is correct.
Facts are your enemy. The word Hel/hell did not exist until 700+ years after your favorite story book was written. Did your bible scribes have a time machine?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are your enemy. The word Hel/hell did not exist until 700+ years after your favorite story book was written. Did your bible scribes have a time machine?
Where is your dignity?
If he leaves you in the sewer would you care?

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/middle-eas...
I bet you pay hell following a map.
Oh, please...

Just another whining atheist site.

About the God he says doesn't exist.

You people are funny.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
YOU may quit begging.
Decent people are going to continue to criticize your immoral belief set.
***waits for the decent people***

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text> "God" is just the latest god after the gazillion other gods humankind has made up.
Hell, we used to worship the Sun! Some still do worship Ra, today.
"God" is simply just one of us. So is Satan. They're both right there in your heart just like yin and yang.
It's time for you to stop WAITING ON "GOD" and ACT like the god you are seeking. Even your own Jesus gave you a clue with the quote "The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN YOU!" Jesus said that GOD IS JUST ONE OF US! THAT was Jesus' REAL message.
So START ACTING LIKE GOD! Because WE ARE GOD! MAN IS GOD.
Figures. You've got it all wrong.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees when He said that. He ws trying to make them understand that the Kingdom of God was still within their reach.

The word "within" in the Greek is "entos", which is accurately translated "in the midst of".

So it really should be understood as Jesus saying the Kingdom of God is within your midst, or among you.

In other words, wherever Jesus is, it accompanies him.

What it does NOT mean is that it resides in everyone.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>How?
It still doesn't prove a god. We're still at the same 0-0=0 dilemma.
Pascal DID say "reason can decide nothing here"....
PTAG works out mathematically to 0-0=0.
Yes, he also said "Do not, then, reprove for error those who have made a choice; for you know nothing about it."

If you don't know, reprove means repremand or censor someone.

Basically he was saying: Put up or shut up.

I'll wait for you to prove to me that God isn't real....

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Apply the same logic to Zeus, Apollo, Ptah, Bast, or even Cthulhu ... your YHWH is not the only god proposed.
Bullshit.

Zeus, Apollo, Ptah, Bast or Cthulhu are never called "God". They are called "a god" or "gods".

Pascal was talking about God.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he also said "Do not, then, reprove for error those who have made a choice; for you know nothing about it."
If you don't know, reprove means repremand or censor someone.
Basically he was saying: Put up or shut up.
I'll wait for you to prove to me that God isn't real....
No, man child, this calls for wisdom.

It actually might as well mean, "don't be so quick to offer advise or rebuke, you don't know where the person has been, best thing to do is simply to listen and understand them".

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, man child, this calls for wisdom.
It actually might as well mean, "don't be so quick to offer advise or rebuke, you don't know where the person has been, best thing to do is simply to listen and understand them".
Instead of typing all that, you could've just wrote "reprove"......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 581,121 - 581,140 of679,723
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

563 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Dr Shrink 596,482
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Toby 89,489
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 216,632
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 511,916
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Zioni 109,496
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min andet1987 3,314
Did GM REALLY pay back the loans ? (Jul '11) 11 min indy 26
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 58 min Thatkiddodavid 225
•••
•••
•••